PDA

View Full Version : Ed Kilgore last night in sports (Sabres/Pegula)

chernobylwraiths
01-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Said that the sale was basically finished for the Sabres, but that the league vote and his taking over the team won't be for another couple of months. From "league sources".

chernobylwraiths
01-21-2011, 05:53 AM
now from GR 550

http://www.wgr550.com/Report--All-Star-Weekend-Won-t-Include-Sale-Of-Sab/9027775

and WGRZ

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=105789&catid=37

BUFFALO (wgrz.com) - An NHL Spokesperson tells 2-On-Your-Side that the sale of the Sabres to Pennsylvania billionaire Terry Pegula will not be on the agenda for approval at the Board of Governors meetings next week in Raleigh, North Carolina.

We're told at most there will be a "report on the status of the sale, but no vote." Also that Pegula may be in Raleigh, but won't be part of the meeting based on the fact he's "not an owner yet."

Well, the thought was fun at least.

OpIv37
01-21-2011, 07:45 AM
"Hey Darcy, it's Terry. Listen, the trade deadline is coming up, and I know I'm not your boss yet. But, if you want any chance whatsoever of keeping your job once I take over, SELL! SELL SELL!"

trapezeus
01-21-2011, 08:56 AM
if only, op. if only.

I dont understand why the league wouldn't want the new owner on board immediately. what is the purpose of a dragged out succession plan? You know this will just kill the sabres in the long run.

Why are we being forced to watch a middling team when an owner who wants to bring in fresh troops is sitting on deck? this makes no sense.

RockStar36
01-21-2011, 09:32 AM
this makes no sense.

We're talking about the NHL.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-21-2011, 10:13 AM
"Hey Darcy, it's Terry. Listen, the trade deadline is coming up, and I know I'm not your boss yet. But, if you want any chance whatsoever of keeping your job once I take over, SELL! SELL SELL!"

I still don't think there is a chance in hell he keeps his job.

SkateZilla
01-21-2011, 11:45 AM
like I said a few weeks ago, my source says the sale wont be done/finalized till the off season,