• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Glazer: Wannstedt to Bills as Assistant HC and Def Assistant

Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer

Another nice scoopage from my co-hort @alexmarvez reporting wannstedt has agreed to become assistant HC and def assistant w Bills
    BERNIAC!
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Glazer: Wannstedt to Bills as Assistant HC and Def Assistant

D & S Sports

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Love this move
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

This is a very good move to help a struggling defense.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Start growing a worthy moustache now!!!

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Given how bad the defense was, this can't exactly hurt, though I don't think this is quite the coup that the Bills had when they brought Lebeau in. Wannstedt, like Gailey, appears to be past his prime.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Not sure what value he brings.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

this is some happy news as a HC he wasnt that good but as a coordinator or assistant this man has alot of experience and is gonna help big time

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i'm torn on this. i hate that he's an AC. Chan isn't a young guy. if he steps down, i could see the bills letting wanny take over. Do we want that? not at all.

However, i like that he is a defensive mind and was brough in well before the draft. This lets him put his two cents into who he wants. That means he can take ownership of the bills defense this year. It's not a "well these aren't my guys." He gets to draft his guys and be a voice of FA's to bring in.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    i'm torn on this. i hate that he's an AC. Chan isn't a young guy. if he steps down, i could see the bills letting wanny take over. Do we want that? not at all.

However, i like that he is a defensive mind and was brough in well before the draft. This lets him put his two cents into who he wants. That means he can take ownership of the bills defense this year. It's not a "well these aren't my guys." He gets to draft his guys and be a voice of FA's to bring in.
                    I think being an AC is simply the title and given to him to up his pay scale. Although I agree, if he were to become the HC, I'd probably light my scalp on fire.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      I think being an AC is simply the title and given to him to up his pay scale. Although I agree, if he were to become the HC, I'd probably light my scalp on fire.
                      I love adding Wannstache to help the D, but the prospect of him ever being HC scares the crap outta me.
                      I guess we can take solace in the fact that Bobby April was an Asst HC in Buffalo and never got a legitimate shot at being HC. Plus, if he does really well, some other sucker of a team would probably hire him away before Buffalo gets a chance to make that mistake.
                      Last edited by Jeff1220; 01-21-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

He has proven his mettle as a defensive coach in the NFL. Certainly his experience should be valuable to Edwards, who is not nearly as proven.

One interesting aspect of his hire is how it will impact the Bills scheme. They have said they want to be multiple, with a move toward more 3-4 once the players are in place to run it. Wanny has always been a 4-3 guy, his defenses being smaller and faster than most 3-4 teams. Given his experience one would think he could adapt, but his defenses in Dallas, Chicago and Miami were built on speed.

Does this impact the draft? Do the Bills draft speed LB now and DT that can penetrate?
                        Last edited by Ickybaluky; 01-21-2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus

Chan's only 59...that's the new 49.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

It's weird that he took this job over the Brown's DC job. Assuming, of course, that Cleveland offered him the job.

Great move by the Bills.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Great hire! We don't need to worry about him being head coach here, he's just doing what he does best, working with the defense. Let's just hope this doesn't mean we are going away from the 3-4 now...

Comment

Working...
                              X