• Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

The Guardian Project:

This makes no sense to me what-so-ever.

OK, BUT HOW DOES IT CREATE FANS?
    Admittedly, we had to ask Baratta several times during our chat about how any of this will create a single new NHL fan. Because, like you, we're sorta baffled by that notion.
    The first thing to know, according to him: "It's really not all about hockey."
    Making the project about hockey, he said, would have repelled those who aren't into the sport. The direction they took allows readers or viewers to fall for the plot and characters, and then gradually ease into hockey fandom.
    "Do I expect kids to fall in love with the sport because the superhero is wearing the logo on his chest? Immediately, no; I expect the kid to fall in love with the story and what the hero represents," he said.
    So say junior loves the Blackhawk Guardian. How does that lead to his becoming a Chicago Blackhawks fan? There are three primary ways the project reaches out to non-hockey fans:

At least our is a Bear

I dont know what this Mr. Freeze thing is.

The Kings got Shredder...

The Penguins and Flyers ones are ******ed.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: The Guardian Project:

The entire thing is stupid

D & S Sports

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

not a very good campaign considering i'm a hockey fan and this is the first time i've heard anything about it...

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DrGraves
        not a very good campaign considering i'm a hockey fan and this is the first time i've heard anything about it...
        I think it's more directed at the comic book nerds to get them into hockey.

Comment

• G Wolly
          • Mar 2004

These things are not going over well with the fans. Check out the comments on all the photos.

And how could people not figure out why the Blackhawks, Canadiens, Leafs, Bruins have a number 6 on them?

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Gay.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Marketing.

When do the action figures and Saturday morning cartoons come out?
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by G Wolly
                These things are not going over well with the fans. Check out the comments on all the photos.

And how could people not figure out why the Blackhawks, Canadiens, Leafs, Bruins have a number 6 on them?
                It's obvious because everyone in Boston misses Dennis Wideman.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• G Wolly
                  • Mar 2004

This website is for sale! banginpanger.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, banginpanger.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...
                  X