PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE ****!

JD
01-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Started the thread for you Op.

I don't even know what to say, but my head hurts from yelling.

All I'm going to say is if this team had just HALF the heart the Gerbe possesses, we would be a Stanley Cup contender.

Nighthawk
01-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Honestly, this team sucks!

DrGraves
01-21-2011, 11:20 PM
time to turn my full focus to the bills off season. this team is done.

Michael82
01-22-2011, 02:35 AM
They are not that good. Actually, the team was better last year, IMO.

hydro
01-22-2011, 07:08 AM

Really, we were better last year? Nah.... :shakeno:

Nighthawk
01-22-2011, 07:56 AM

Not really...Miller just happened to have a career year and now he is back to his normal self. Take away the year Miller had and you'd probably would have seen this team struggle to make the playoffs last year.

DMBcrew36
01-22-2011, 08:06 AM
I agree with you guys that the Sabres aren't that good. But I'll say again what I said in Ops thread - don't sell the Islanders short - they've been hot for a good portion of this year. They aren't the doormat team they have been in the past. It's hard if you're Buffalo last night, having two tough goals go in early - the one off Myers' skate in particular.

Beebe's Kid
01-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Not really...Miller just happened to have a career year and now he is back to his normal self. Take away the year Miller had and you'd probably would have seen this team struggle to make the playoffs last year.
Schopp is that you?

Michael82
01-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Really, we were better last year? Nah.... :shakeno:
The defense was better last year. Some of you guys may not want to admit it, but Tallinder and/or Lydman are missed.

Nighthawk
01-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Schopp is that you?

No, just a knowledgeable sports fan...unlike yourself.

Nighthawk
01-22-2011, 12:19 PM
The defense was better last year. Some of you guys may not want to admit it, but Tallinder and/or Lydman are missed.

Totally agree, Mikey...the defenseman that we brought in have been awful...aside from Leopold's offensive production.

Michael82
01-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Totally agree, Mikey...the defenseman that we brought in have been awful...aside from Leopold's offensive production.

And Niedermeyer has been a bigger bust than Raffi Torres was for the Sabres. :ill:

chernobylwraiths
01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Schopp is that you?

I don't think so.

chernobylwraiths
01-22-2011, 03:55 PM

Only because Leopold is a defensive liability on a Housley scale and Morrison has not been playing well. The only reason we may "miss" them is because our great GM has replaced marginally decent defensive defensemen with an offensive defensman (which we did kind of need) who has played poorly defensively and a tough defenseman who has not played very tough. The same GM who has replaced tough but non scoring Raffi Torres (who he acquired at the trade deadline for his scoring) with a veteran defensive forward Niedermeyer who also can't score. With Meyers going backwards in play and Rivet looking like a guy who is already retired, our defense it not playing well. Butler still doesn't look very good apparently (since I haven't seen him play much) and Sekera, while he has shown very good puck handling skills lately, still isn't that good of a defensive defenseman and shies away from contact. Montadour is the only bright spot this year with up and coming Weber finally being given a chance to be up with the team and play.

Nighthawk
01-22-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't think so.

What gave it away...that I've been saying this for years?

SkateZilla
01-23-2011, 04:33 PM
why does this team pretend to know how to play 1-2-2 or 1-4 trap? because as soon as the other team crosses the red line they all scramble trying to get picks and breaks instead of playing defense.