PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 or 4-3 ?

Bmax
01-22-2011, 04:50 PM
make a difference with this team.. The Bills need bigger stronger , faster more athletic players in their front seven. Period...Kelsay need not apply.. please show this guy the door.. No room for below average players who make plays in two to three games a year...The Bills were so desperate that they signed Merriman...

So yes they draft DEF .. i see bigger LB's and DL guys who can make plays in space.. No more Ellison guys .. the guys they will draft will be guys that are physical and who can tacklel.. So yes Hybrid guys...Guys who can play 3-4 but also 4-3.. Just my opinion...

Bmax

Bangarang
01-22-2011, 04:53 PM
We do need talented football players. That we know for sure.

Dujek
01-22-2011, 04:57 PM
A bit of both probably. Most of the best teams will show both fronts now depending on the situation.

cookie G
01-22-2011, 06:07 PM
make a difference with this team..

No, it doesn't. It never has. By far the more important thing is getting your best 7 on the field and putting them in a position to use their talents.

It always has been. Good coaches always knew this.

Switching schemes for the sake of switching schemes gets you the Bills Run D or the 2010 Redskins D.

YardRat
01-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I despise 'hybrid guys' for the most part, because you end up with a team full of tweeners that do 'ok' in most things, but can't excel at anything. If you can get one or two guys that are true hybrids and can perform at an equally high level in a couple of spots (43 DT/34 DE, 34 OLB/43 DE) you should consider yourself golden.

Pick your scheme, get the players that fit the scheme and can excel in it, and search for the couple of guys that give you a little flexibility.