PDA

View Full Version : Wannstedt getting right to work

justasportsfan
01-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Wannstedt and Edwards then sat in the film room and watched a couple of games during his initial visit.

“He was explaining to me what the calls were and what we were trying to get done with our fronts, coverages and pressures. Really it was just to see kind of where they were at and what their expectations were and what they were actually doing on defense.

“A lot of people can tell you things, but until you sit down with people and actually see it on tape sometimes a lot of things are brought to light. I was very impressed. They have a very good defensive staff. George has got a good plan.

“I walked out of there feeling very comfortable and I just wanted to reiterate to them that I’m just coming on board to help any way I can with no other agenda other than jumping in like the rest of them to do whatever we can do to help improve our defense that’s what I’ll try to get done.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Wannstedt-getting-right-to-work/be29ddd3-ef0a-4344-9972-ac75587bf2f2

justasportsfan
01-23-2011, 07:24 AM
“But from the standpoint of what is going to be to those unfamiliar thats Wannstache's favorite word to use like JAuron were "we'll review the tape"

Cntrygal
01-23-2011, 07:31 AM
:sigh:

YardRat
01-23-2011, 07:57 AM
I was very impressed. They have a very good defensive staff. George has got a good plan.

Greeeaaaaat.

Night Train
01-23-2011, 08:25 AM
If the "plan" is supposedly good, then what does that say about our current players trying to execute it ?

Knock,knock..

better days
01-23-2011, 08:31 AM
to those unfamiliar thats Wannstache's favorite word to use like JAuron were "we'll review the tape"

Do they even use tape anymore? I thought everything was digital today.

Yasgur's Farm
01-23-2011, 09:55 AM
to those unfamiliar thats Wannstache's favorite word to use like JAuron were "we'll review the tape""Standpoint" and "typically" along with "ummm" are 3 of the most brainless overused sentence extenders of our time.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Whoever thinks this isnt a good move are flat out ******ed.

Thief
01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
If the "plan" is supposedly good, then what does that say about our current players trying to execute it ?

Knock,knock..I think "plan" is a look ahead. Like, hopefully, they "plan" to upgrade the LBs, or "plan" to target a 2 gap NT.

BILLSROCK1212
01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
if he was getting right to work he'd be going to the Senior Bowl

Joe Fo Sho
01-23-2011, 03:41 PM

Why? Is he also our new draft talent evaluator?

Extremebillsfan247
01-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Before you can evaluate talent, you have to know what it is your looking for. He just got here and has no idea what this team has on defense yet. That's why he is staying back at the fort. Sending him to the Senior Bowl with out first knowing what he already has on defense would be like asking someone to take a state exam with out studying for it first. JMO

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Harrison, Timmons, Woodley, Farrior, Polamalu, Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Taylor, Gay, and whoever the hell the FS is.

Kelsay, Davis, Posluszny, Moats, Byrd, Edwards, Williams, Stroud, McGee, McKelvin, and whoever the hell is playing SS is (**** Whitner)

Who do you take? Wannstedt will get good results out of his linebackers, but damn... Slim pickin's. I think Moats has potential, I like Poz as a 2nd ILB, but Kelsay and Davis/whoever can stay healthy... oi... Let's hope we can build up to that type of defense.

He will not get his James Harrison (unless Moats is a miracle) which teams fear, but you gotta do the best with what is **** on you.

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2011, 09:33 AM
to those unfamiliar thats Wannstache's favorite word to use like JAuron were "we'll review the tape"
Actually that's one of my favorite words too.

paranoid
01-24-2011, 07:57 PM
Good to see that Wannstedt is reviewing some of the putrid debacle that is this defense. I would take the feel-good talk about Edwards' abilities with a grain of salt- standard coachspeak tact. The guys not gonna rip on a colleague to the media.

bf1
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
They should be watching tape of other teams college and pro to scout replacements for the entire putrid LB unit.

justasportsfan
01-25-2011, 10:31 AM
They should be watching tape of other teams college and pro to scout replacements for the entire putrid LB unit.

what makes you think they aren't aside from watching their own?

ZacGriffi~82
01-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I actually though Edwards progressed a lot as a DC last year. I have faith in him. But honestly what was there to work with? Are front 7 was pathetic. A complete joke.

justasportsfan
01-25-2011, 10:58 AM
I actually though Edwards progressed a lot as a DC last year. I have faith in him. But honestly what was there to work with? Are front 7 was pathetic. A complete joke.

Our lbers were more pathetic but I guess Edwards most likely thought that they weren't coached well enough that they got rid of the bbers coach.

ZacGriffi~82
01-25-2011, 11:07 AM
i wonder how much that is related to POZ specifically.

Wolffman
01-25-2011, 11:56 AM
As a Pitt fan, I'm excited to continue to read and hear his ramblings when talking to the press. He never uses appropriate length sentences and just rambles and rambles. The dude is the quintessential Yinzer.

Mike13
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Ahhh Wanny you loveable incompetent *****.

justasportsfan
01-25-2011, 10:43 PM

Ahhh Sparano you loveable incompetent *****.

fixed it for you. Glad the fins didn't change sparano

WeAreArthurMoates
01-25-2011, 10:54 PM

Ahhh Wanny you loveable incompetent *****.

Kinda like a certain owner who left his coach hanging out high and dry only to bring him back and get a scrub OC.

Mike13
01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Awfully defensive of Wanstache arent we?

justasportsfan
01-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Awfully defensive of Wanstache arent we?

No doubt. Wanny the HC is awful. Wanny the DC has a sb ring. While it doesn't guarantee anything Wanny would be a better choice than the past lbers coach we had. Adding a coach with prior success can only help.

Mike13
01-26-2011, 03:18 PM
That Cowboys team was stacked, I doubt it had to do with any defensive game plans by the Stache, same when he was here. The Defense was great, but thats because those players were great.

unpaid_bills
01-26-2011, 10:33 PM
WTF is the plan? They were one of the worst if not the worse D pretty much overall in most categories. The Bills have a lot of holes on D and that includes the coaches. I am glad they brought in someone with experience but they have to prove it on the field not going to be easy task unless they make some major FA moves and Draft some impact guys.

Miami_Vice
01-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Well at least you guys dont have him as your head coach :)