PDA

View Full Version : It's not that difficult really

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Colts have proven it in the past. You get just two things right and you can contend at a very high level. QB and DL (with pass rush). Now the more of the rest that you have the better you're going to be obviously. But get just those two areas right and you're in contention.

psubills62
01-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Packers are rarely involved in free agency. Ted Thompson may be unorthodox and bizarre, but the dude knows how to find talent.

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Packers are rarely involved in free agency. Ted Thompson may be unorthodox and bizarre, but the dude knows how to find talent.

Ya they got a draft genie in the closet, or they pay Polian on the sly.

Pittsburgh is another example of this. And that really is the only way to build premier teams in less desireable markets where free agents really would rather not come.

Joe Fo Sho
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM
So what should the Bills do then?

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 03:51 PM
So what should the Bills do then?

Da'Quan Bowers or Robert Quinn with the #3 pick will be a nice start.

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 03:54 PM
oh chit, here comes TODDLER!

Bangarang
01-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Da'Quan Bowers or Robert Quinn with the #3 pick will be a nice start.

Drafting Quinn at 3 would be an epic mistake

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Drafting Quinn at 3 would be an epic mistake
oh ya? we'll see.

tomz
01-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Look at GB's drafting in the early rounds over the past 5 years--defense defense defense--Hawk, Raji, Matthews--interspersed with Rogers and (I believe) a tackle. No WRs, RBs except Jordy Nelson, the only early round receiver from that draft who is still significant at all (We took Hardy).

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 05:05 PM
wow this game started like crap..but this 3rd stringer is making it interesting

Bangarang
01-23-2011, 05:09 PM
wow this game started like crap..but this 3rd stringer is making it interesting

He's going to be the new Tom Brady of the next decade.

YardRat
01-23-2011, 05:19 PM
It's all about the defense in the end.

Rodgers looked great half of the time, but like smelly ass the other. Anybody that thinks that big pussy Cutler is a 'franchise' QB is whacked.

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 05:32 PM
It's all about the defense in the end.

Rodgers looked great half of the time, but like smelly ass the other. Anybody that thinks that big pussy Cutler is a 'franchise' QB is whacked.

The Pack doesn't get to this Championship game if it weren't for some mad heroics by Rodgers in previous games. Defense AND QB is what it takes.

I agree with the Cutler statement. I don't know why but I always root for the guy, and he almost always disappoints. He's like a monstrous combination of Rob Johnson and Brett Favre..the worst parts of both.

Bangarang
01-23-2011, 05:35 PM
http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy210/DaerX/benrape.jpg

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 05:59 PM
***c u pittsburgh, dam i hate rothlisbooger

YardRat
01-23-2011, 07:39 PM
#2 defense overall, fewest points allowed, (#1 in the NFC) is moving on.

#1 in the entire league is currently ass-raping the Jets.

YardRat
01-23-2011, 07:40 PM
The Pack doesn't get to this Championship game if it weren't for some mad heroics by Rodgers in previous games. Defense AND QB is what it takes.

I agree with the Cutler statement. I don't know why but I always root for the guy, and he almost always disappoints. He's like a monstrous combination of Rob Johnson and Brett Favre..the worst parts of both.

Rodgers had been on a pretty good tear up until today.

****. The Jests just cracked the end zone.

PromoTheRobot
01-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Running game and defense. Fancy don't mean squat.

PTR

The Jokeman
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Does anyone else think that Turner Gill tipped Thompson off about James Starks?

Mr. Miyagi
01-25-2011, 03:51 PM
QB and DL (with pass rush).
New Orleans last year.

X-Era
01-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Colts have proven it in the past. You get just two things right and you can contend at a very high level. QB and DL (with pass rush). Now the more of the rest that you have the better you're going to be obviously. But get just those two areas right and you're in contention.
Every team in the playoffs except for the Pats, KC, Brees (top of the 2nd round), and fluke Seahawks had a 1st round QB... GB, NYJ, INDY, Phil, Pitt, Chi, Bal, and Atl. And both the SB QB's are 1st rounders and were drafted by the team they are there with.

It seems you should have a 1st round QB (who's not a bust) and decent defense.

We have a great chance to start getting both this year.

The Jokeman
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Every team in the playoffs except for the Pats and fluke Seahawks had a 1st round QB. And both the SB QB's are 1st rounders and were drafted by the team they are there with.

It seems you should have a 1st round QB (who's not a bust) and decent defense.

We have a great chance to start getting both this year.
Build a better defense and the need for a better QB becomes less and less.

X-Era
01-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Build a better defense and the need for a better QB becomes less and less.Tell it to 8 of the 12 teams in the playoffs or either of the teams going to the SB.

The Jokeman
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Tell it to 8 of the 12 teams in the playoffs or either of the teams going to the SB.
Roethlisburger has won because the Steelers have a great D and his good enough to make the plays the O needs him to make to make them win. Rodger's stats from this past season mirror his 2008 season but why did the Pack win more? In part because of Clay Matthews and their D. Even if the Bills get Gabbert I can't see him as a rookie caretaker being good enough to lead this team to the playoffs anytime soon if our D remains in the bottom 3 of the league. To me the Bills should work on building the D this year and if Fitzpatrick doesn't show he can lead us to the playoffs then take a QB in Round 1 in 2012 or 20113 depending on how our D does next year.

X-Era
01-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Roethlisburger has won because the Steelers have a great D and his good enough to make the plays the O needs him to make to make them win. Rodger's stats from this past season mirror his 2008 season but why did the Pack win more? In part because of Clay Matthews and their D. Even if the Bills get Gabbert I can't see him as a rookie caretaker being good enough to lead this team to the playoffs anytime soon if our D remains in the bottom 3 of the league. To me the Bills should work on building the D this year and if Fitzpatrick doesn't show he can lead us to the playoffs then take a QB in Round 1 in 2012 or 20113 depending on how our D does next year.Roeth is going to his 3rd SB in 6 years. Rogers is a big reason that GB has such a potent offense.

Sorry, but I don't agree that the QB has little to do with it. I don't agree at all. Upgarde the defense? Yes, I agree. But it doesn't have to necessarily be a player at 3 to do it. Selecting someone like Gabbert, if worthy of the 3 pick, does not preclude us from upgrading the defense which is likely to still be two years away from being good. We can still spend a good deal in FA on the defense and spend the bulk of our draft picks on the D as well. Spending our top pick on a QB doesn't kill our ability to upgrade the defense.

Hopefully we won't be picking this high again for a while. We have a high enough pick to get the best QB in the whole draft. If someone is worthy of the 3 pick, this could be a great chance to address the position.

And Fitz hasn't shown anything so far to say he's a SB or even playoff caliber QB. I don't see that changing.

The Jokeman
01-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Roeth is going to his 3rd SB in 6 years. Rogers is a big reason that GB has such a potent offense.

Sorry, but I don't agree that the QB has little to do with it. I don't agree at all. Upgarde the defense? Yes, I agree. But it doesn't have to necessarily be a player at 3 to do it. Selecting someone like Gabbert, if worthy of the 3 pick, does not preclude us from upgrading the defense which is likely to still be two years away from being good. We can still spend a good deal in FA on the defense and spend the bulk of our draft picks on the D as well. Spending our top pick on a QB doesn't kill our ability to upgrade the defense.

Hopefully we won't be picking this high again for a while. We have a high enough pick to get the best QB in the whole draft. If someone is worthy of the 3 pick, this could be a great chance to address the position.

And Fitz hasn't shown anything so far to say he's a SB or even playoff caliber QB. I don't see that changing.

The point I'm trying to make is that we should build an above average D and then and only then should we look to find a QB that will take us over the top. As no QB can do it on his own. As football simply comes down to outscoring the opposition and what's an easier way to outscore an opposition, having to constantly put up 30 plus points a game because your D can't prevent giving up 28 or scoring 20 a game because your D is only giving up 17?

Extremebillsfan247
01-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Defense wins championships but you need a QB who can get you there.

bf1
01-25-2011, 06:41 PM
The key to winning is simple. But it's not easy.