PDA

View Full Version : Whitner wants to lay the smack down on my candy ass

patmoran2006
01-23-2011, 06:42 PM
http://twitter.com/DonteWhitner

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 06:47 PM

I fkin hate twitter, it's for twelve year olds with ADD.

What did he say to you? As an aside it looks like he's a Miami heat fan...another reason he's a douchenozzle.

mrbojanglezs
01-23-2011, 06:47 PM
whitner is such a baby how he handles criticism

patmoran2006
01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
He didn't like a column I wrote a few days ago and challenged me to a 3-round boxing match.. for charity.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2011, 06:50 PM
As long as you don't trip and fall, you should be good. Donte won't hit you while you're upright.

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
He didn't like a column I wrote a few days ago and challenged me to a 3-round boxing match.. for charity.

LOL, yeah that's not an vintage internet veiled threat circa 2001. What a dweeb, it's a good thing he's not a high motor white guy so Ralph won't feel compelled to re-sign him.

cookie G
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
tell him to have a warm up match with Jerry Sullivan first.

Joe Fo Sho
01-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Haha, that's generally what ignorant people do when they can't justify their actions when they get called out. 'Oh, yeah?! Well I can beat you up!' What a tool, I really wish I knew/cared enough about twitter to start an account and talk to whitner...

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Haha, that's generally what ignorant people do when they can't justify their actions when they get called out. 'Oh, yeah?! Well I can beat you up!' What a tool, I really wish I knew/cared enough about twitter to start an account and talk to whitner...

You wouldn't be able to say much, according to Moran he'll just ball up and ban your ass.

bf1
01-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Wear a TE's jersey. He won't be able to keep up with you.

Joe Fo Sho
01-23-2011, 06:56 PM
You wouldn't be able to say much, according to Moran he'll just ball up and ban your ass.

Jesus, he's such a baby...

Beebe's Kid
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Well, it is for a good cause. You were all hyped about "pulling out the driver and teeing off," which you did...now he is responding.

You got response. The best thing for your career would be to jump in the ring with him. That would probably get national press...

Besides you talked the talk...

I know people are supposed to say "STFU, Donte. Quit tweeting. We could have had Ngata." and on and on. I say you should get in the ring with him...

mikemac2001
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM
i hope he does ....and then hurts his hand

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I would definitely do it, when he backs out you can call him a wussy. From everything he has ever done, he is a lot of talk and that is about it.

Ingtar33
01-23-2011, 07:18 PM
you should pick up the gauntlet. what's wrong with getting your bell rung? you only have to stand in a ring with him for 9 minutes. no one expects you to beat a professional athlete, just getting in the ring would be worth it to your career, and frankly your self respect.

Whitner has nothing to gain and a lot to lose. you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

If i were in your shoes i'd do it at the drop of a hat.

patmoran2006
01-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Last night (I live in a complex) after cleaning I carried two garbage bags out around the bend to the dumpster. I then got my breath back, about 10 minutes and 2 smokes later.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Last night (I live in a complex) after cleaning I carried two garbage bags out around the bend to the dumpster. I then got my breath back, about 10 minutes and 2 smokes later.

Make sure your corner man supplies you with cigarettes between rounds.

SquishDaFish
01-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Do it he wont show up anyway LOL

patmoran2006
01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Only if Jerry Sullivan agrees to train me.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I think you could swing getting Sully as your corner man for something like this.

BillsWin
01-23-2011, 07:25 PM
You kind of deserve it with all the snide pokes you slip in whenever you mention him in your articles. And your article last week was a blatant flaming.

I'd want to kick your ass too.

I don't like some of the things Donte says or does. I don't like how he hasn't proven he was worthy of a high pick. But if you make the choice to publicly attack someone in writing (especially someone who had given you quotes in the past), passive aggressively or openly, expect some push back.

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM

haha, DO IT MAN. It will be E.P.I.C.

http://olivia1109.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/tank_china.jpg

Nobody sided with the tank driver.

patmoran2006
01-23-2011, 07:28 PM
You kind of deserve it with all the snide pokes you slip in whenever you mention him in your articles. And your article last week was a blatant flaming.

I'd want to kick your ass too.

I don't like some of the things Donte says or does. I don't like how he hasn't proven he was worthy of a high pick. But if you make the choice to publicly attack someone in writing (especially someone who had given you quotes in the past), passive aggressively or openly, expect some push back.

Don't disagree. And I wasn't complaining about his tweet either.

I wouldn't call anything I wrote as blatant flaming for the record. Pretty much everything was backed up with stats and facts.

YardRat
01-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Jim Rome made his name by being Jim 'Chrissy' Everett's *****. I say go for it.

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 07:33 PM

I wouldn't call anything I wrote as blatant flaming for the record. Pretty much everything was backed up with stats and facts.

Listen man, you don't have to defend yourself for making Whitner your whipping boy. Journalists and DJ's rail against their own whipping boys daily. It comes with the territory for pro athletes. If they don't like it...they should you know, stop sucking?

Forward_Lateral
01-23-2011, 07:33 PM
I just replied to his tweet. I wonder if he'll delete it.

I said "If he punches like he tackles, you'll be ok as long as you don't fall down, Patrick"

BillsWin
01-23-2011, 07:34 PM

True. Stats and facts written with an agenda. But stats and facts all the same.

I loved the article to be completely honest though.

Yasgur's Farm
Take him up on it pat... He's got no team to tell him no at this point. Beebe's kid is right... It would launch your career.

Mad Max
I just replied to his tweet. I wonder if he'll delete it.

I said "If he punches like he tackles, you'll be ok as long as you don't fall down, Patrick"

lol u ain't right, I mean you're right, but u ain't right

Beebe's Kid
01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
You don't get in the squared circle with Whitner and you'll be living with a complex.

You want to stay in that apartment complex? Hide from Donte.

You want to get a big job, and own apartment complexes? Fight his ass.

Don't hide behind Sully. He doesn't have a hair in his ass. That's why he is what he is. In a big market he would be takin tickets at the local movie theatre. He has no access, gets no respect, and he had no backbone.

You "teed off" on Donte...now capitalize on it. Donte isn't going to Be the Drago to you're Apollo... He is going to knock you around pretty good, and probably have fun doing it...

Like Raging Bull...if you win you win. If you lose you still ****ing win.

Philagape
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Take him up on it pat... He's got no team to tell him no at this point. Beebe's kid is right... It would launch your career.

... as a reality show contestant.

:jk:

Ingtar33
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
dude... i get that you're out of shape. but pick a date a few months away and train your ass off

I'm telling you, even if he beats the **** out of you, it will do wonders for your life, self respect, and career.

ParanoidAndroid
01-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Lame.

He took the bait? Duh....

Jim Rome sucks, too.

wozrob11
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
whitner is a no talent ass clown the sooner he is out of buffalo the better and to think we could of had ngata thanks marv

casdhf
01-23-2011, 08:15 PM
KO Whitner in round 1

DraftBoy
01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Whitner is ******ed, does he not realize how many reporters nationally would kill for this kind of potential?

You accept his challenge and your career is made and if he actually goes through with it and hits you his is basically over. What an idiot.

Captain Obvious
01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
What is being overlooked here is Pats journalism career has fallen so far down the toilet he desperately needs this kind of publicity to kickstart his doormant journalism career

ZAZusmc03
01-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Accept the fight and ill pretend I'm you.

Spiderweb
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM

What did he say to you? As an aside it looks like he's a Miami heat fan...another reason he's a douchenozzle.

Twitter? Now that's a perspective I can agree on.

As for a boxing match, we'd have two guys in the ring that think more of themselves than any one else does. Just like Donte, Pat has done more than his fair share of self promoting.

bf1
01-23-2011, 09:30 PM
If he guarantees he'll win the fight, you've got it locked up!

PromoTheRobot
01-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Take a number, Donte.

PTR

trapezeus
01-23-2011, 09:37 PM
i know it takes some serious ball to get in the ring with him, but everyone here is right. it will catch a lot of attention. and future bills interviews will come in. you're the guy who backed up what he believed. i'm sure ESPN and CNN would pick that story up as an odd ball story.

you're obviously not asked to go out there with a heavy weight without a headgear on.

and, if you can get a taser into the ring, you'll totally be fine!

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Pat you need to at the very least drop some "anonymous" dimes on Whitner's challenge to ESPN, et al.

That alone will make him look (more) foolish, and get you some pub.

Demon
01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Pat Moran has been poking fun at Whitner on forums, twitter and his web site all the time in hopes of getting a reaction out of a madman... i truly believe this is what he wanted, because it now brings some type of attention to him as guys from WGR and such are tweeting about it and maybe, just maybe, it gets headlines from bigger sources/bloggers. But, who really cares?

Whitner is a nut and would reply like that to any of us who destroy him 18338584 times, however, most of us have better **** to do with our time then to dedicate hours and hours to dissing Whitner.

Pat Moran reminds me of this guy... http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/21/jeff-pearlman-online-haters-and-the-art-of-internet-self-defense/

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Pat Moran has been poking fun at Whitner on forums, twitter and his web site all the time in hopes of getting a reaction out of a madman... i truly believe this is what he wanted, because it now brings some type of attention to him as guys from WGR and such are tweeting about it and maybe, just maybe, it gets headlines from bigger sources/bloggers. But, who really cares?

Whitner is a nut and would reply like that to any of us who destroy him 18338584 times, however, most of us have better **** to do with our time then to dedicate hours and hours to dissing Whitner.

Pat Moran reminds me of this guy... http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/21/jeff-pearlman-online-haters-and-the-art-of-internet-self-defense/

Whitner's mouth combined with his mediocrity make him an easy target, low hanging fruit if you will. So I don't blame Moran one bit for attacking the guy. He's doing it with words not swords, and he isn't attacking him on a personal level. If Whitner can't handle it he shouldn't suck so much, or be in the public arena at all.

I'm a Chicago Bulls fan. Our starting 2Guard is this super scrub called Keith Bogans. EVERYONE on every radio sports show lambastes this guy. Every fan despises him. The level of hatred for him is exponentially higher than the level Whitner's is at, and guess what Bogans ever says to/about his legion of critics? NOT.A.DAMN.THING.

BILLSROCK1212
01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
accept it, see if donte follows through - itll get soooo much publicity, mainly negative publicity for him

Extremebillsfan247
01-23-2011, 10:24 PM
http://twitter.com/DonteWhitner So, what do you want, a shoulder to cry on? lol Sorry if I'm not overly sympathetic to your cause here.

Demon
01-23-2011, 10:29 PM
So, what do you want, a shoulder to cry on? lol Sorry if I'm not overly sympathetic to your cause here.

No, he wants someone with bigger shoes to read this and make a story and plug his web site, that's all.

BidsJr
01-23-2011, 10:36 PM
If you decline the challenge you are a big giant female feline.

One swing at a reporter will end his career and launch yours.

Just practice the fall like an old time Mike Tyson opponent and ask for the first interview after it is done.

PM: "Donte what is it like to get a free shot at someone? Does being in a 10X10 ring make you more comfortable in your abilities to lay a hit? Why didn't you challenge me on a football field, were you afraid you would bounce off me trying to knock me out and let me score a TD while celebrating with Aaron Maybin?"

DW: "DIE PM....."

patmoran2006
01-24-2011, 12:16 AM
What is being overlooked here is Pats journalism career has fallen so far down the toilet he desperately needs this kind of publicity to kickstart his doormant journalism career

Ouch.

I love you too buddy.

patmoran2006
01-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Take a number, Donte.

PTR

I've always appreciated your consistent loathing. Well played.

patmoran2006
01-24-2011, 12:19 AM
No, he wants someone with bigger shoes to read this and make a story and plug his web site, that's all.

OK. So I should launch a website, work basically day and night on it 7 days per week with few breaks, and NOT do whatever I can to promote it.

Yeah, that makes outstanding business sense.

And Donte Whitner has blocked me from twitter for several months, yet still reads everything good or bad written about him. So I know I have at least one reader.

He called me out, I didn't call him out.

Michael82
01-24-2011, 12:26 AM
You should definitely do it! Like everyone else said, it would do wonders for your career. You thought the billboard made you popular before...you'd be on ESPN and everywhere, especially if he chickens out of the fight.

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 12:27 AM
I will personally train you.

I'm an overweight (6'2", 230) alcoholic with a dead end journalism career (that's not a shot at you, that's really what I am), but I hate Whitner's mediocrity enough to teach you where to punch his whiny ass.

Mr Bills
01-24-2011, 01:17 AM
i would pay to watch whitner lay ur @ss down.

Demon
01-24-2011, 01:17 AM
OK. So I should launch a website, work basically day and night on it 7 days per week with few breaks, and NOT do whatever I can to promote it.

Yeah, that makes outstanding business sense.

And Donte Whitner has blocked me from twitter for several months, yet still reads everything good or bad written about him. So I know I have at least one reader.

He called me out, I didn't call him out.

No, i never said that. But, i do believe in integrity of reporting and i do believe there is a good way of doing things and a bad way of doing things. Even if this plan works out and you get tons of publicity and visits, it won't last forever, just several days max, and then what? If i were running a web site, i'd want people to go read what i had to write because they honored my writing and knowledge, and not because all they see is my constant ripping of a player so he flips a lid and bashes me.

Demon
01-24-2011, 01:20 AM
I will personally train you.

I'm an overweight (6'2", 230) alcoholic with a dead end journalism career (that's not a shot at you, that's really what I am), but I hate Whitner's mediocrity enough to teach you where to punch his whiny ass.

Tweet Whitner that you AND Moran can fight him in a 2 on 1, and i'd bet before you guys land your 3rd punch on him, both of you would be the ground, bleeding and suffering while the Billszone crowd cheers and just pours beers down our throats.

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Tweet Whitner that you AND Moran can fight him in a 2 on 1, and i'd bet before you guys land your 3rd punch on him, both of you would be the ground, bleeding and suffering while the Billszone crowd cheers and just pours beers down our throats.

Did you miss my alcoholic quote? Of course I'd be drunk with the rest of the BZ you moron, but Pat'd make money promoting the fight.

A large strong/free/whatever the **** safety he wants to be on another team since he won't be a Bill could beat the hell out of me n' Pat (Pat, I apologize, I don't know you but I'm just guessing an NFL safety might have the edge)

What did you gain?

Crisis
01-24-2011, 02:33 AM
i don't see anything on his twitter about this?

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Damn it Pat. This is the biggest no-brainer ever. Of course you take up the fight.

In fact, challenge him to bring along Maybin to a tag team match and tell him that you and your Chinese buddy will kick the crap out of them. They will kick our asses but we'll gain tons of fame.

Set this up already. Make sure you talk a lot of trash.

hydro
01-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Then you aren't looking hard enough...

djjimkelly
01-24-2011, 10:36 AM
just leave the ****ing guy alone its not his fault he was drafted here or at 8

let him leave in peace and be classy

this whitner fascination by some on here is some form of

homo eroticism

Mad Max
01-24-2011, 10:36 AM
@patrickmoranBSD (http://twitter.com/patrickmoranBSD) I challenge u to a 3 round boxing match...$10.00 per tix I'll match whatever money is made...to donate to a charity..chicke

...there it is

also...

U people are so quick to talk crazy thru twitter...step in the ring....DING DING! Hahahaha about 11 hours ago (http://twitter.com/DonteWhitner/status/29333125314117633) via Twitter for BlackBerry® (http://blackberry.com/twitter)
Did I say fight OR 3 rounds in the boxing ring? LOL

Beebe's Kid
01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Where the hell are we on this?

Pat, are you going to fight him or not?

Mad Max
01-24-2011, 01:14 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vcP27dBN2kI/SNXwHER8qGI/AAAAAAAACZI/XUlQvw8q7RU/s400/chicken-picture1.gif

Mad Max
01-24-2011, 01:15 PM

http://www.mus-musculus.com/mouse.jpg

realdealryan
01-24-2011, 01:35 PM
let him leave in peace and be classy

A lot of underachievers have come through here in the past decade, but it takes class to challenge a journalist to a fight on the internet.

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 02:00 PM

Uh oh...........

@PatrickMoranBSD (http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD) If ur scared to box me for charity.....SHUT UR PIE HOLE

I have a pie and some jump rope...

Oaf
01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I'd say you're just too obsessed with Donte Whitner Twitter jokes.

Oaf
01-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I'd say before this comment from him, you were personal about turning fans against him, turning everything you could (i.e. him clearing his locker early) into ridicule.

It's one thing where he wants more money than we want to give him, but even if he did come down in demands (to a top 10 or 15 level which he could be worth), how is he going to play for a team whose fans now love to hate him?

PromoTheRobot
01-24-2011, 02:46 PM
I've always appreciated your consistent loathing. Well played.
Maybe he'd knock some cred into you.

PTR

madness
01-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Screw boxing... Celebrity Deathmatch! I'll give Pat an exception.

Night Train
01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
I can't even understand most of it.

Is twitter the new pig latin, which was also ******ed ?

hydro
01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
I can't even understand most of it.

Is twitter the new pig latin, which was also ******ed ?

I didn't at first either. It takes a while to get used to.

Michael82
01-24-2011, 03:32 PM

Uh oh...........

@PatrickMoranBSD (http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD) If ur scared to box me for charity.....SHUT UR PIE HOLE

I have a pie and some jump rope...

He's calling you OUT! Now you have to take him up on his challenge. He's trying to call your bluff. Call his!

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 03:54 PM
I am 1000% behind this. Who wants to start a fund to pay Pat's medical bills so he'll do it?

SABURZFAN
01-24-2011, 04:02 PM
so when Whitner's NFL career fails soon, he's going to be the Butterbean of Twitter?

Novacane
01-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Come on Pat! DO IT! I'd pay to see it. It's not like you'll have to go 3 full rounds with him. One punch and it would be over :lmao:

SABURZFAN
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
don't be a pussy, Pat. :earpoke:

SABURZFAN
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
I am 1000% behind this. Who wants to start a fund to pay Pat's medical bills so he'll do it?

i nominate Promo The Robot. :up:

SABURZFAN
01-24-2011, 04:35 PM

as soon as Whitner can get Top 5 money, it's on.

Michael82
01-24-2011, 04:40 PM
pat, this guy has a point....saying no makes you look worse. You should honestly take him up on his offer. Call his bluff!

Now that I think about it, Pat should say yes. There's no way Whitner follows through on that. He'd be suspended by the NFL. All sorts of bad publicity.

Bert102176
01-24-2011, 04:41 PM
HIGHLY doubt he's the only one that wants too, I have seen some of ur posts over the years

Dr. Pepper
01-24-2011, 06:31 PM
looks like you pussied out, then continued to trash him in print.... i dont know which one of you is more immature?

Nighthawk
01-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Do it...why not? If it's for Charity, it's even better...don't be a pussy!

paranoid
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever. Plus, chicks dig scars...

Forward_Lateral
01-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Whitner is a professional athlete, and he's in great shape. Pat is an out-of-shape white guy who probably couldn't fight his way out of a Church bible reading (no offense Pat).

I'm not going to call Pat a pussy for not wanting to get his ass kicked.

Nighthawk
01-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever. Plus, chicks dig scars...

Great freakin' movie...kind of silly, but very funny.

Nighthawk
01-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Whitner is a professional athlete, and he's in great shape. Pat is an out-of-shape white guy who probably couldn't fight his way out of a Church bible reading (no offense Pat).

Dude, they're not going to fight without head protection and anybody who can't back up there **** is a pussy. When calling out people, you've got to be careful or you'll get called out yourself. Them the facts.

mikemac2001
01-24-2011, 08:00 PM
idk why u wouldnt do this.......who cares if he beat you down just shows how self conscious he is

casdhf
01-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Tell him he has to hire you a personal trainer for 3 months too.

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 09:24 PM
"Sh**... Someone in the Buffalo media doesn't like me... I should beat them up... That'll show the rest of the NFL and the world that I'm a stand up, good dude... and that will grant me top 5 money..."

OK Donte. OK. So freaking stupid...

Demon
01-24-2011, 09:52 PM
"Sh**... Someone in the Buffalo media doesn't like me... I should beat them up... That'll show the rest of the NFL and the world that I'm a stand up, good dude... and that will grant me top 5 money..."

OK Donte. OK. So freaking stupid...

They're both losers. Moran responds to him saying no he won't fight him, however, he STILL throws out a diss. Here's a clue, you got attention to the web site, now, use your knowledge and work to keep your new readers, and don't give everybody the impression that you're just a dude living in their moms basement with a blog.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/My-Donte-Response1.jpg

Very professional.

Bangarang
01-24-2011, 10:07 PM

Where I'm from, the definition of a pussy is an out of shape white guy who probably couldn't fight his way out of a Church bible reading who talks **** to a professional athlete who is in great shape and then crawls into a dark corner when he is challenged in hand to hand combat by said professional athlete.

Mad Max
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
They're both losers. Moran responds to him saying no he won't fight him, however, he STILL throws out a diss. Here's a clue, you got attention to the web site, now, use your knowledge and work to keep your new readers, and don't give everybody the impression that you're just a dude living in their moms basement with a blog.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/My-Donte-Response1.jpg

Very professional.
fk me. Moran wtf ru doing? That sheet is just plain embarrassing. Paula fkin Jones got into a ring with Tonya "I have a penis" Harding. Greg Brady got into the ring with the roid raging Danny Partridge.

They both survived, were uninjured, lost their fights..but won the fans.

Please go root for the Dolphags and stop embarrassing the once proud Bills franchise by associating yourself with it.

more cowbell
01-24-2011, 10:16 PM
who is donte whitner?

ServoBillieves
01-25-2011, 12:32 AM

Very professional.

... Although I agree with you, I'm not living in my mothers basement. I thought Pat's Gronkowski mention was hilarious, but I understand your severe anger. What's going on between the two of you is getting frustrating, especially when I side with the one with no response. But even though there is none, this overdrafted mediocre safety thinks that he deserves top safety money.

Do you think he does?

Crisis
01-25-2011, 01:40 AM
seriously, get in the ring and stop being a pussy. i don't mind you but you're acting like a *****.

the best way to get at him is to take him up on the offer and make him look like even more of a douche.

Ingtar33
01-25-2011, 02:18 AM
wow. dude now you look like a coward. disappointing man

jamze132
01-25-2011, 05:25 AM
Dude, just...dude.

WTF are you thinking? Call the jackass on his bluff, get in the ring and get some ****ing publicity! Your's is positive and his is 100% negative. It will reach national headlines and everyone will know that big ole' Donte Whitner got upset with a journalist and challenged him to a fight. Don't be a little ***** about this. Stand up and do it. BSD will immediately fail if you don't do this. You watch how much negative publicity you will get. Hell half the board thinks you're a queer right now.

Come on man!

methos4ever
01-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Versus (I think) Carries Pros vs Joes, so you can either take him up on the offer of the boxing match, OR see if Glazer can pick up on it (He's one of the hosts) and arrange for you to see if you really could get open on him.

If you decline the boxing, at least look into trying to prove that your comment was based on you believing you could, not just trying to start a fight, back off and then throw another insult while running away. Dirty pool man, dirty pool.

EricStratton
01-25-2011, 08:59 AM
At any point in your writing career are you looking to become a serious journalist?

Or should I say were you looking to become a serious journalist?

justasportsfan
01-25-2011, 10:30 AM
this was Pats chance to be more famous than Joe Logan and he blew it.

trapezeus
01-25-2011, 11:09 AM
i'm disappointed. i wanted the fight. The HSBC arena is going to be empty and unused from April through June as per Darcy's bungling. It would have been fun to go to this fight.

I would have even helped make a funny video for your site.

It also would have been awesome to see you catch whitner with one lucky punch that knocked him down.

Pat, it's not too late. Agree to the fight, get a trainer for 3 months, get in shape, take the beating, raise the cash, raise awareness as to who you are.

Michael82
01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
i'm disappointed. i wanted the fight. The HSBC arena is going to be empty and unused from April through June as per Darcy's bungling. It would have been fun to go to this fight.

I would have even helped make a funny video for your site.

It also would have been awesome to see you catch whitner with one lucky punch that knocked him down.

Pat, it's not too late. Agree to the fight, get a trainer for 3 months, get in shape, take the beating, raise the cash, raise awareness as to who you are.

And even if the fight doesn't happen because Whitner gets told by the NFL it isn't allowed, at least stand up and accept his challenge, so he looks like the bad guy and not you.

RockStar36
01-25-2011, 11:43 AM
When I read this, my first thought was how Whitner was totally out of line.

But Pat's response was ridiculous. Saying no to the fight which is expected, but then throwing another jab out there on Twitter. Nothing like hiding behind your keyboard. If you're not gonna fight him, again as expected, let it die like that and let Whitner take the flak. But don't continue to antagonize the idiot that way.

DraftBoy
01-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Pat I dont know what you're thinking but you managed to turn a win-win situation for youself in terms of good press into a horrific and ugly situation. You stooped to below his level and completely validated to everybody what made him fly off the handle in the first place. Not well played at all.

don137
01-25-2011, 12:24 PM
I really doubt the NFL would approve the fight. Not exactly good for it's image to have one of it's players fight a journalist that was critical of his play....Since he is not under contract the Bills would have no say.

Nighthawk
01-25-2011, 12:26 PM
I really doubt the NFL would approve the fight. Not exactly good for it's image to have one of it's players fight a journalist that was critical of his play....Since he is not under contract the Bills would have no say.

Ummm, what jounalist? This is Pat we're talking about...

trapezeus
01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
i would guess that whitner's agent would slap him in the head before a fight could occur. Players have gotten hurt in pick up basketball games. you don't want to do that leading into a contract year, and he's not going to find out about free agency until June, right?

There is no way this fight could happen. Call his bluff. Worst thing to happen is that you'll have to stand in a ring for 30 seconds.

RockStar36
01-25-2011, 12:43 PM
i would guess that whitner's agent would slap him in the head before a fight could occur. Players have gotten hurt in pick up basketball games. you don't want to do that leading into a contract year, and he's not going to find out about free agency until June, right?

There is no way this fight could happen. Call his bluff. Worst thing to happen is that you'll have to stand in a ring for 30 seconds.

He can't call his bluff. He already said no to the fight but said he can get open on him across the middle. :scratch: I wonder why Whitner wants to fight him.

Dr. Lecter
01-25-2011, 12:53 PM
I am trying to picture Dick Schaap or Al Micheals or Frank DeFord saying something like that, but I can't.

patmoran2006
01-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Some of you guys are funny.. and ridiculous.

First of all, I didnt start anything with Donte Whitner-- he started with me, because he didn't like a column.

And as far as being an internet tough guy, are you serious? Who said I was? You get in the ring with a professional athlete and let your legacy be getting your head knocked off for the world to enjoy on Youtube countless times.

And lastly, I really don't care what a small minority of people think and say. I'm not going to let him degrade me or Blls fans if they dont like him unresponded.

He fired shots first, not me.. And whatever kind of "journalist" you think I am (or aren't)---- Was noteworthy enough to get his attention and threats via a column he obviously read.

For the record, I am hardly scared. But this "win win" stuff you guys think the way it is, in reality isn't. 15 minutes of fame to trade in forever been known as the guy who got knocked silly by a football player isn't the trade off most of of you think it is. I have talked to SEVERAL marketing people about pros and cons.

Lastly, I will continue to fire columns and phrases at him for as long as he keeps up his antics.. He is a multi-millionaire telling Bills fans on Twitter "their lives are a dissapointment!". Aint ever gonna apologize.

patmoran2006
01-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Actually, you guys are right..

You got it.

Novacane
01-25-2011, 01:07 PM
He NEVER would have fought you. You should have called his bluff.

patmoran2006
01-25-2011, 01:10 PM
http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD/status/29979237079326721

jamze132
01-25-2011, 01:11 PM

You got it.
So you're gonna agree to the fight? It's in everyone's best interest ya know...

Beebe's Kid
01-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Some of you guys are funny.. and ridiculous.

First of all, I didnt start anything with Donte Whitner-- he started with me, because he didn't like a column.

And as far as being an internet tough guy, are you serious? Who said I was? You get in the ring with a professional athlete and let your legacy be getting your head knocked off for the world to enjoy on Youtube countless times.

And lastly, I really don't care what a small minority of people think and say. I'm not going to let him degrade me or Blls fans if they dont like him unresponded.

He fired shots first, not me.. And whatever kind of "journalist" you think I am (or aren't)---- Was noteworthy enough to get his attention and threats via a column he obviously read.

For the record, I am hardly scared. But this "win win" stuff you guys think the way it is, in reality isn't. 15 minutes of fame to trade in forever been known as the guy who got knocked silly by a football player isn't the trade off most of of you think it is. I have talked to SEVERAL marketing people about pros and cons.

Lastly, I will continue to fire columns and phrases at him for as long as he keeps up his antics.. He is a multi-millionaire telling Bills fans on Twitter "their lives are a dissapointment!". Aint ever gonna apologize.
http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bro.jpg

Novacane
01-25-2011, 01:14 PM

:bf1:

jamze132
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
:bf1:

jamze132
01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
It only takes one lucky punch and Whitner could look like the biggest douche in the NFL. (Or one missed coverage assignment)

I highly doubt Whitner is allowed to do the fight though.

madness
01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
This should make things interesting. :evil:

Dujek
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Sweet. Go get 'im Pat. I'll get cracking on seeing if the BBC will cover it over here...

Bill Cody
01-25-2011, 01:25 PM

You got it.

Better late than never. Good for you Pat. God hates a coward.

don137
01-25-2011, 01:42 PM
No way the fight happens in my opinion.

Bill Cody
01-25-2011, 01:44 PM
No way the fight happens in my opinion.

Clearly that was Pat's conclusion also.

trapezeus
01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
pat's followup article when whitner has to withdraw is going to be legendary. because you'll literally be able to be like, "again, whitner can't back up what he trash talks about. He wanted a fight, i was willing to give it to him, and he failed to live up to expectations. Wonder where any of us have heard that before. To be fair, i was thinking about backing out because i wasn't paid top 5 boxer money. And based on the world of whitner, it doesn't matter that i suck as a boxer. I've told everyone that i'm pretty good."

I can't wait to see how this all plays out. i'm in your corner pat. of course, i can't read your twitter response from work, but based on the responses it looks like your going forward with this.

Bangarang
01-25-2011, 02:29 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

ServoBillieves
01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
01-25-2011, 02:35 PM
A few things should be straight for the record.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
1- I did not “start” anything with Donte Whitner for attention. He called me out, in fact I got texts waking up on Sunday that “Donte Whitner wants to fight you man”.
2- I wrote a scathing column about him. It’s what I do and felt it deserved. He doesn’t have to like it.. He’s a professional football player and when he or they underachieve it will be written about whether its by minor leaguers like me or the big boys like ESPN.. He should deal with it.
3- Same with me as it trickles down.. Just as football players hear about it from people like me, If I write a column or story that is garbage, I hear about it from the fans and the readers.. It does with the terriroty.
4- The only offense I take in any of this is the insinuation that I think I’m Tim Graham, Peter King or Mike Florio. I don’t see myself on this board or anywhere pretending to be something I’m not.. I started a website regarding Buffalo Sports (not just the Bills, Buffalo Sports) in 2009 and it’s done reasonably well. I’m not a household name by any means nor do I care to be; but I don’t “live in my mothers basement writing a blog either”. Say what you want, but I’m an accredited member of the media and have worked hard to get there. Some of my material is good, some sucks.. I’m not any better or worse than anyone else.
5- As far as “promoting my website”. .Umm duh, it’s my business and who WOULDN’T?
6- Lastly, I may be a nobody but obviously Donte Whitner thinks enough of me to want to pound me. You can go back and read anything I wrote on him in recent months, it’s pretty much all true and backed by facts and stats. Very few personal shots were taken until AFTER he called me out, and the ones that were I felt were deserved. He “hates” the media yet used us to get his point out about his contract. He sits there on Twitter and literally belittles fans who have the gall to talk negative to him.. He said and I QUOTE “Be careful what you wish for, Bills fans”.
I have been blocked from his twitter for some time.. I didn’t even know he said anything about me until Sunday when I got a ****load of texts from people and emails. I am not awed by professional athletes I’m around them almost every day.. If he wants to talk trash, I will do the same. I know SEVERAL current and former Bills players and most of them are very cool and realistic. . Donte Whitner is a *****, period.. and so am I

Michael82
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM
He NEVER would have fought you. You should have called his bluff.

That's exactly what I was saying! There's no way that it would happen. The NFL would not allow it. Whitner knows that, but wants to see if you'll be afraid of him kicking your ass, or if you'll just call his bluff.

patmoran2006
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM
And IM not excited about even the prospects of boxing a professional athlete-- If you would be, your either one hell of an athlete yourself or have smoked way too many bongs.

I played college basketball. That was ummm, 20 years ago. I need an oxygen tank after a game of pickup now.

Michael82
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Beautiful! Can't wait to hear his reply.

You should also ask if he can loan you his trainer for a month before the big fight too. :up:

Michael82
01-25-2011, 02:41 PM
pat's followup article when whitner has to withdraw is going to be legendary. because you'll literally be able to be like, "again, whitner can't back up what he trash talks about. He wanted a fight, i was willing to give it to him, and he failed to live up to expectations. Wonder where any of us have heard that before. To be fair, i was thinking about backing out because i wasn't paid top 5 boxer money. And based on the world of whitner, it doesn't matter that i suck as a boxer. I've told everyone that i'm pretty good."

I can't wait to see how this all plays out. i'm in your corner pat. of course, i can't read your twitter response from work, but based on the responses it looks like your going forward with this.

That's exactly why I called for him to accept the challenge. Everyone knows that the NFL won't allow this. Whitner apparently is too stupid to realize that and will look like a major fool for even suggesting a boxing match with a fan/blog writer.

justasportsfan
01-25-2011, 02:41 PM
And IM not excited about even the prospects of boxing a professional athlete-- If you would be, your either one hell of an athlete yourself or have smoked way too many bongs.

I played college basketball. That was ummm, 20 years ago. I need an oxygen tank after a game of pickup now.

you can go down right away after the first punch thrown even it it doesn't land . Sheez. You would have made some charity very happy for that effort.

ServoBillieves
01-25-2011, 02:55 PM
A few things should be straight for the record.
<o:p></o:p>
1- I did not “start” anything with Donte Whitner for attention. He called me out, in fact I got texts waking up on Sunday that “Donte Whitner wants to fight you man”.
2- I wrote a scathing column about him. It’s what I do and felt it deserved. He doesn’t have to like it.. He’s a professional football player and when he or they underachieve it will be written about whether its by minor leaguers like me or the big boys like ESPN.. He should deal with it.
3- Same with me as it trickles down.. Just as football players hear about it from people like me, If I write a column or story that is garbage, I hear about it from the fans and the readers.. It does with the terriroty.
4- The only offense I take in any of this is the insinuation that I think I’m Tim Graham, Peter King or Mike Florio. I don’t see myself on this board or anywhere pretending to be something I’m not.. I started a website regarding Buffalo Sports (not just the Bills, Buffalo Sports) in 2009 and it’s done reasonably well. I’m not a household name by any means nor do I care to be; but I don’t “live in my mothers basement writing a blog either”. Say what you want, but I’m an accredited member of the media and have worked hard to get there. Some of my material is good, some sucks.. I’m not any better or worse than anyone else.
5- As far as “promoting my website”. .Umm duh, it’s my business and who WOULDN’T?
6- Lastly, I may be a nobody but obviously Donte Whitner thinks enough of me to want to pound me. You can go back and read anything I wrote on him in recent months, it’s pretty much all true and backed by facts and stats. Very few personal shots were taken until AFTER he called me out, and the ones that were I felt were deserved. He “hates” the media yet used us to get his point out about his contract. He sits there on Twitter and literally belittles fans who have the gall to talk negative to him.. He said and I QUOTE “Be careful what you wish for, Bills fans”.
I have been blocked from his twitter for some time.. I didn’t even know he said anything about me until Sunday when I got a ****load of texts from people and emails. I am not awed by professional athletes I’m around them almost every day.. If he wants to talk trash, I will do the same. I know SEVERAL current and former Bills players and most of them are very cool and realistic. . Donte Whitner is a *****, period.. and so am I

Here here Pat, if anyone has a good response to that I'm astonished. You do your thing for us Buffalo sports fans, and I don't think many people understand how difficult journalism tip-toeing is.

Whitner is a dick. If he's going to immediately write off Buffalo and coming back, then he can ***** in the media and be the little whiner he is. Let's hope NFL GM's see his little charades.

justasportsfan
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Whitner will have Lebron,Braylon and Ted Jin is his corner.

Moran will have Mikey and Lecter in his.

How can you not put your money on Pat? :idunno:

trapezeus
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
question is, "if this fight actually goes on, do you keep up the trash talk back to him?" It'd be pretty amazing to see kevin sylvester as the ringside MC ask you a question and you be like, "I'm pretty slow, so i totally expect to dictate the pace of this fight from start to finish. I'm just worried if this guy does knock me down if he's going to roll over the top of me when i'm no harm to anyone!"

of course, a more gentler beating would require you to be more sportsman like, but nonetheless, this could be the most entertainment we get aside from the blown 3rd pick in the draft.

Demon
01-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Awesome. Look on the bright side, Chad Ochocinco said he wanted to whoop Mike Florio's ass but said after he does, he'll take him to mcdonalds. So maybe Whitner takes you to dennys post fight?

In all seriousness, he won't fight you. Worst case he makes you show up and when you do, he'll shake your hand. The bad PR he'd get would be ridic.

On the bright side, i'll pay $10, im sure tons of others will too, some charity will get some $$ and you'll have tons of new readers of your web site.

patmoran2006
01-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Awesome. Look on the bright side, Chad Ochocinco said he wanted to whoop Mike Florio's ass but said after he does, he'll take him to mcdonalds. So maybe Whitner takes you to dennys post fight?

In all seriousness, he won't fight you. Worst case he makes you show up and when you do, he'll shake your hand. The bad PR he'd get would be ridic.

On the bright side, i'll pay $10, im sure tons of others will too, some charity will get some $$ and you'll have tons of new readers of your web site.

yer getting the bill for my hospital tab.. Your comment is the one that got to me. LOL

madness
01-25-2011, 03:10 PM
It's boxing. The fight will be staged...

Mr. Pink
01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Even if it's staged, F it.

Land a haymaker and put that idiot on the canvas.

He deserves it.

His career will literally be over if you can KO him and all it takes is one lucky punch to connect.

Michael82
01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Even if it's staged, F it.

Land a haymaker and put that idiot on the canvas.

He deserves it.

His career will literally be over if you can KO him and all it takes is one lucky punch to connect.

That would be hysterical! :rofl:

Demon
01-25-2011, 03:22 PM
yer getting the bill for my hospital tab.. Your comment is the one that got to me. LOL

I'll take you to Denny's after you get out AND hang out with you in the hospital.... hows that? LOL

patmoran2006
01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Fair enough

SABURZFAN
01-25-2011, 04:14 PM
you can go down right away after the first punch thrown even it it doesn't land . Sheez. You would have made some charity very happy for that effort.

SCREW THAT!!!!!!!!!! Moran just needs to go for the nuts and tell him that's for all the disappointing years.

ZAZusmc03
01-25-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm so late...**** got real.

hydro
01-25-2011, 08:06 PM
In the event that pigs fly and this actually were to happen, I would definitely be attending!

patmoran2006
01-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Here is a piece of "fan mail" I got from a reader who didn't identify himself as other than "Bills fan". If I should box anyone....

Anyway, like I said with my criticism of Whitner, it comes with the territory. World known guys like Peter King or small-time hacks like me, we all get it. Personally, this kind of makes me happy to know someone despises me this much.

--------------------------------------------------------------
"Rude comments, unprofessional for a Bills reporter. Talking trash to a very own player (Whitner)

this is uncalled for and Moran should be fired. How can this Moron throw players under the bus like this. Keep taking cheap shots and cheap shots, sooner or later a player is going to respond and tell you to shut the (BLEEP) up.

(BLEEP) you Patrick Moron, suck a (BLEEP) you (BLEEPING) ******. I would challenge you to a slug fest too cuz your a ***** thinking he has pull JUST cause your a (BLEEPING) publisher for a (BLEEP)website.

(BLEEP) you (BLEEP)hole.

Thief
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
I just clicked on this thread to say I am surprised so many people clicked on this thread.

:couch:

Joe Fo Sho
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
"Rude comments, unprofessional for a Bills reporter. Talking trash to a very own player (Whitner)

this is uncalled for and Moran should be fired. How can this Moron throw players under the bus like this. Keep taking cheap shots and cheap shots, sooner or later a player is going to respond and tell you to shut the (BLEEP) up.

(BLEEP) you Patrick Moron, suck a (BLEEP) you (BLEEPING) ******. I would challenge you to a slug fest too cuz your a ***** thinking he has pull JUST cause your a (BLEEPING) publisher for a (BLEEP)website.

(BLEEP) you (BLEEP)hole.

you're

^that is how you should respond

Mad Max
01-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Here is a piece of "fan mail" I got from a reader who didn't identify himself as other than "Bills fan". If I should box anyone....

Anyway, like I said with my criticism of Whitner, it comes with the territory. World known guys like Peter King or small-time hacks like me, we all get it. Personally, this kind of makes me happy to know someone despises me this much.

(BLEEP) you (BLEEP)hole.

Nice, so now his family, homies, and hoodrats from round the way are crawling out of the woodwork to his defense.

You KNOW that those people are not Bills fans. Call us what you will, but we for the most part are a fairly knowledgeable fanbase, and we are in consensus when it comes to Whitner's mediocrity....and are NOT going to come to his defense.

You should send him here, let him see that you aren't the only one that despises him.

SaviorEdwards
01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Whitner FTW!!!!!

Demon
01-25-2011, 11:11 PM
I just clicked on this thread to say I am surprised so many people clicked on this thread.

:couch:

Bull ****, you've read the whole thread.

trapezeus
01-26-2011, 09:06 AM

(BLEEP) you (BLEEP)hole.

This sentence makes me think that if it is one of us, then it's probably paladin warrior.

RockStar36
01-26-2011, 10:28 AM
I saw this get mentioned on Yahoo today. Pat needs to just play it cool and let Whitner dig himself in a further hole. How many teams will reconsider signing him when they see this type of behavior?

trapezeus
01-26-2011, 11:02 AM
if you do a yahoo image search for whitner, it is a variety of pictures of him getting burned or rolling over the top of an already tackled player.

do a search for polamalu and he's holding trophies, dislodging the ball from a running back's arms.

It's a bit telling.

Beebe's Kid
01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I saw this get mentioned on Yahoo today. Pat needs to just play it cool and let Whitner dig himself in a further hole. How many teams will reconsider signing him when they see this type of behavior?

Not happening.

RockStar36
01-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Not happening.

Well yeah, he already blew that with his initial response.

Beebe's Kid
01-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Well yeah, he already blew that with his initial response.Where did you see it mentioned on Yahoo?

RockStar36
01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/) safety Donte Whitner (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7757/) was unhappy with the words of a Buffalo sports blogger, and responded in the only rational way possible: He challenged him to a boxing match (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donte-whitner-boxing/).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Deep-Posts-Packers-wearing-their-home-greens-in?urn=nfl-312359

trapezeus
01-26-2011, 12:38 PM
this is too bad that that is embedded within an article about onionsports.

it makes it look like it's a joke and not real. oh donte, watching you leave is going to free up a lot of bashing time.

RockStar36
01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
this is too bad that that is embedded within an article about onionsports.

it makes it look like it's a joke and not real. oh donte, watching you leave is going to free up a lot of bashing time.

I can't wait till he goes to the Browns. I know so many Browns fans living here and can't wait to make fun of them. They just got Jauron, might get Whitner, and were said to be looking at Ko Simpson. Fun times in Cleveland!

Beebe's Kid
01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
This should go to a "No Holds Barred Steel Cage Match."

RockStar36
01-26-2011, 01:14 PM
This should go to a "No Holds Barred Steel Cage Match."

Only if it involves both getting hit with folding chairs.

Ingtar33
01-26-2011, 01:15 PM

way to man up bro.

:clap:

Rattle the teeth in his head!

trapezeus
01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
I can't wait till he goes to the Browns. I know so many Browns fans living here and can't wait to make fun of them. They just got Jauron, might get Whitner, and were said to be looking at Ko Simpson. Fun times in Cleveland!

because when i think of Jauron, Simpson and Whitner, i usually think, "time will probably make all three of them better. they just need more time."

McBFLO
01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Brad Riter was just talking about all of this, Pat!

patmoran2006
01-26-2011, 07:09 PM
UPDATE--- I just got off the phone with "Baby" Joe Mesi. I'm still not convinced this is going to happen, but if this ever does happen, I now have a "trainer" and Joe said "we'll have some fun with it"

I asked him if I can tag in once Im getting pummeled, and he said "you never know"

Slim
01-26-2011, 07:35 PM
UPDATE--- I just got off the phone with "Baby" Joe Mesi. I'm still not convinced this is going to happen, but if this ever does happen, I now have a "trainer" and Joe said "we'll have some fun with it"

I asked him if I can tag in once Im getting pummeled, and he said "you never know"

Nice. Mesi is the man.

patmoran2006
01-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah.

If if ever does happen, I'll get my ass kicked for sure, but at least I'll look good getting into the ring backed by a credible boxer.

It's kinda like when I play golf, and I show up to the first tee with sexy golf outfit on and my $200 Nike golf bag, top of the line clubs and $40 per dozen titleist balls-- and then score 5 over after 2 holes.

Mad Max
01-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah.

If if ever does happen, I'll get my ass kicked for sure, but at least I'll look good getting into the ring backed by a credible boxer.

It's kinda like when I play golf, and I show up to the first tee with sexy golf outfit on and my $200 Nike golf bag, top of the line clubs and $40 per dozen titleist balls-- and then score 5 over after 2 holes.

Don't be skeered. Most pro athletes can't fight, they may be in better shape and stronger than you, but those attributes in a boxing ring don't give a guy a huge advantage over his opponent.

You're going to be wearing chunky 12 oz. gloves and headgear, so you'll be well protected. Just dance as much as you can, clinch, throw a punch here or there to avoid looking like a total vajajay..and before you know it it'll be over, and you'll still be standing.

Beebe's Kid
01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Don't be skeered. Most pro athletes can't fight, they may be in better shape and stronger than you, but those attributes in a boxing ring don't give a guy a huge advantage over his opponent.

You're going to be wearing chunky 12 oz. gloves and headgear, so you'll be well protected. Just dance as much as you can, clinch, throw a punch here or there to avoid looking like a total vajajay..and before you know it it'll be over, and you'll still be standing.

You better talk mad **** going into this...quit being a pussy and expecting to get your ass kicked... If you have a few months to train, you should be in pretty good shape in that time...get in there and give this dude hell.

There will be no steroid testing, so you might as well jump on the juice.

Give him the Drago..."If he dies, he dies."

Oh, and quit bull****ting about your Wilson golf clubs and your Maxfli Noodles.

Mad Max
01-26-2011, 10:33 PM
You better talk mad **** going into this...quit being a pussy and expecting to get your ass kicked... If you have a few months to train, you should be in pretty good shape in that time...get in there and give this dude hell.

Man, I just saw this bit "with sexy golf outfit on".

Really? I mean it's cool if there's some gayitude in you Patty me boy, but try and disguise it before and during the pugilistics, kay? kay.

ServoBillieves
01-26-2011, 11:34 PM
I may sound stupid for this but I used Slazenger... Hard ball, thing flew for a mile.

wmoz11
01-26-2011, 11:36 PM
I use whatever comes in those netted bags at Wal-Mart.

Servo - my friend, who plays golf ALL the time and shoots in the 70s, absolutely swears by Slazengers.

G Wolly
01-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Just think.

If Donte would focus on football as much as he focuses on twitter, imagine how much better he could've been.

Probably still bad, but less bad.

Beebe's Kid
01-27-2011, 08:13 AM
I may sound stupid for this but I used Slazenger... Hard ball, thing flew for a mile.It's not the arrow, it's the Indian.

Beebe's Kid
01-27-2011, 08:23 AM
It's not the arrow, it's the Indian.

That being said...a Pro V1 is a ****ing amazing ball... I usually use the NXT Tour, which don't cost $4 per, so if one goes into the woods, it's not as bad. It just comes down to preference. I drive the ball fairly long, and I prefer to have a little feel around the green, since that is where my struggles are.

Back on topic...

Pat, you do need to shelve the "sexy golf" talk until after the fight. I do not recall Clubber Lang, or The Iron Sheik ever mentioning their "outfit."

Got get him, cupcake!!

k-oneputt
01-27-2011, 08:28 AM

LOL. That rant was pretty good.

Miami_Vice
01-27-2011, 10:12 AM

I agree with your take on twitter lol. But I disagree with your take on Miami Heat fans (see sig below:D:

thesquirrelking
01-27-2011, 10:55 AM
I may sound stupid for this but I used Slazenger... Hard ball, thing flew for a mile.

They sink just as fast as the Titleists do.

Nighthawk
01-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah.

You did not just say that you show up to golf in a "sexy golf outfit"...did you?!?!?!

patmoran2006
01-27-2011, 02:05 PM
You did not just say that you show up to golf in a "sexy golf outfit"...did you?!?!?!

I couldn't think of better wording.. Very poor effort on my end.

Handsome or Stunning is more like it.

and I wasn't joking.. I seriously do have top of the line equipment,and I'm literally no better than when I had my Walmart set.. I'm decent, but nowhere near good enough to be possessing that kind of weaponry.

It was a stupid purchase and got a little nuts when I got a Dick's credit card two years go.

Historian
01-27-2011, 02:41 PM

Challenge him to a game of chess Pat.

Watch him run for cover.

Better yet, forget him and focus on the guys that are going to be here next summer, lol.

SABURZFAN
01-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah.

If if ever does happen, I'll get my ass kicked for sure

WTF is this talk? seriously Pat, this loud-mouthed Twit-nitwit probably has been in many fights as you. just because he plays professional football doesn't mean he's a good fighter. that jaw or midsection could easily be as soft as his coverage.

Billz_fan
01-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Challenge him to a spelling contest.

Michael82
01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Anyone else notice how silent Whitner has been since pat accepted his challenge? He hasn't tweeted since the 25th. :rofl:

Beebe's Kid
01-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Anyone else notice how silent Whitner has been since pat accepted his challenge? He hasn't tweeted since the 25th. :rofl:I would say Pat silenced the beast...but Pat was a very unwilling hero here, and I think that the victory should be credited to the Zone, as a whole.

Demon
01-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Since Whitner ain't gonna do it, can i box against Pat Moran? lol

jk

trapezeus
01-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Anyone else notice how silent Whitner has been since pat accepted his challenge? He hasn't tweeted since the 25th. :rofl:

he's started a rocky training montage. poor pat, poor little pat. but kudos to him for standing up to the nonsense that is the modern day professional athlete.

Whitner should chip in a small pot to Pat for participating. You wouldn't sit down at a poker table with a pro without a handicap. same thing should apply here.

Beebe's Kid
01-28-2011, 04:17 PM
he's started a rocky training montage. poor pat, poor little pat. but kudos to him for standing up to the nonsense that is the modern day professional athlete.

Whitner should chip in a small pot to Pat for participating. You wouldn't sit down at a poker table with a pro without a handicap. same thing should apply here.

****ing great!!!!

Whitner isn't tweeting, due to the fact that he is in the weight room all day!!

trapezeus
01-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Best thing that could happen is that whitner guarantees victory. I hope mean gene from wwf is there for the pre fight trash talk.

SABURZFAN
01-29-2011, 09:25 AM

his agent probably told him to STFU.

Devin
01-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Just bring a football with you, you'd win by TKO 2 seconds into the first round. He'd just dive for a tackle and hit the ring post or something.

B-DON
01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
So is this really going down and if so can we get it streamed live?