PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh vs Green Bay

Mike
01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Jets are Done, down 17-0, and DaBears should have lost by more. So who wins this inevitable SB?

Mike
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Now Down 24-0!!!! Most likely game over...

TacklingDummy
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Jets suck, can't stand either team. Go Packers!!!!

Mad Max
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Stillers, they got the better running game by far, it should give them the edge. Also Roth escapes the pass rush better than even Rodgers.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Steelers win.

The NFL will make sure of it to rehabilitate Ben Rapistbergers image until he inevitably does something stupid again.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Steelers win.

The NFL will make sure of it to rehabilitate Ben Rapistbergers image until he inevitably does something stupid again.
I'm sure the Refs will be on the Steelers side. How many BS calls do they get in the Super Bowl?

wmoz11
01-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Despise the Steelers more than any AFC East team, but they'll win. Which sucks.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm sure the Refs will be on the Steelers side. How many BS calls do they get in the Super Bowl?

How many BS calls have they gotten so far today?

Don't worry the BS calls and yellow laundry will stop until the Jets get the game within one score and then they'll be back. You can't make it look too obvious.

Mike
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I wana see GB win,
Pitts is really good, defensively so they will be in the game...
Their O can be dangerous with Big Ben....

GB can be great offensively, but Defense wins championships. If their D outplays Pitt, they will win, otherwise Pitt wins.

Mike
01-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Honestly, I wana see Jets comeback & win this game. It will be vary unique! Besides I am sick of seeing Pitt winning championships...

MikeInRoch
01-23-2011, 08:36 PM
It's getting pretty close...

Mike
01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Sanchez has been great this 2nd half. He is taking charge...

Mike
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
gameover

Bangarang
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www.steelers12thman.com/steeler7lp.jpg

Extremebillsfan247
01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
This one is tough to call if your a person who doesn't care about either team. Pittsburgh's defense is better than anything Green Bay has faced this year. Pittsburgh has a better running game, not to mention Big Ben who could quarterback circles around anything Atlanta and Chicago has at the position.

But they wont find it as easy to run on the Packers as they did vs the Jets. Raji, and Mathews can take over a game all on their own. The Jets may have Revis, but they have no one who can stack up against these 2 players in the front 7. Pittsburgh is going to need Polomalu healthy as well as their starting Center to have a chance here. But it can go either way. It will all come down to who is the better team leader between Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers. My money is on the Steelers, but my gut feeling says Packers.

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 12:17 AM
As I still smell like an ashtray, I took my Steelers loving girlfriend to a bar in a town outside of Pittsburgh called Coraopolis to watch the game as she wore her Raplisberger jersey (I wore my vintage Bills shirt, TRUE FANDOM).

The stupidest, most band wagon fans in the world were there, and I wanted to (and almost did) blow my head off.

I know Packers fans. They are real fans. Will the Steelers win? Of course, and then I'll have to hear this "Stairway to Seven" bull**** for the rest of my life. Even if the team deserves it, their "fans" do not.

Ugh... a long night...

Buddo
01-24-2011, 02:46 AM
The Packers D played pretty well yesterday - they are no mugs, with some heavy hitters in amongst it. Key to the game will probably be if the Steelers can move the football effectively. The Packers can, and will, score points, but against the Steelers D, it isn't going to be huge amounts.
The Steelers O-Line, isn't that great, and I can see the Packers being able to bring plenty of pressure on Rothlisburger, who, while he has the ability to avoid it, doesn't do as well when it's there.
I think I'd like the Packers to win tbh, mainly because Rogers has been one of the best QBs around this year, and it was a nonsense he didn't make it to the Pro-Bowl.
I think the Packers can do it, as I think they have a better all round balance to their team, but if the Steelers D is on top form, it isn't going to be easy.
Heart = Packers, Head = Steelers.

YardRat
01-24-2011, 05:14 AM
I'll be rooting for Green Bay and Starks, but Pittsburgh will probably win.

Did I really hear this AM that GB has been tagged as the early favorite by oddsmakers?

Don't Panic
01-24-2011, 07:57 AM
How about Starks as the Super Bowl MVP... would be a nice silver lining to the season for the city of Buffalo. Go Pack Go!

elltrain22
01-24-2011, 09:06 AM
I say Pittsburgh. GB is gonna have a very hard time running the ball, as most teams do against Pittsburgh, and as we saw against Chicago, Aaron Rodgers can and does make mistakes when the run game isn't on. I also think GB is going to struggle stopping Pittsburgh's rushing attack. I say Pittsburgh 27-20

RockStar36
01-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Yes, Green Bay is favored as of this morning.

GO PACKERS!

better days
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
There was a thread about the AFL/NFL merger in which I said I thought it would have been better if the AFL kept it's identity similar to the American league & National league in baseball.

Back at that time & even for years after the merger, no AFL/AFC fan would have thought of rooting for an NFL/NFC team to win the Super Bowl, no matter how much they hated the AFL/AFC team playing in that game. The Packers would not have received a single vote from Bills fans in the poll.

This poll reiterates what I was saying. The rivalry between the AFL/AFC & the NFL/NFC is dead & that is a sad thing because that rivalry gave that game & even the Pro Bowl an excitement that is now gone forever.

Mad Max
01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
There was a thread about the AFL/NFL merger in which I said I thought it would have been better if the AFL kept it's identity similar to the American league & National league in baseball.

Back at that time & even for years after the merger, no AFL/AFC fan would have thought of rooting for an NFL/NFC team to win the Super Bowl, no matter how much they hated the AFL/AFC team playing in that game. The Packers would not have received a single vote from Bills fans in the poll.

This poll reiterates what I was saying. The rivalry between the AFL/AFC & the NFL/NFC is dead & that is a sad thing because that rivalry gave that game & even the Pro Bowl an excitement that is now gone forever.
It was alive and well for me throughout the mid 80s until the late 90s when the AFC was the NFC's *****, having lost 13 straight. It felt like not only could my team not win the Super Bowl but no-one in my entire freaking conference could do so either. The NFC was the better conference by far, which created a bit of an inferiority complex.

When the Broncos finally beat the Packers , I felt as if a weight had been lifted, almost as good as if the Bills had won. I had a similar euphoric feeling for the next few AFC wins, including the first Patriot victory. But then the AFC had started to win regularly, the curse had been lifted, balance had been restored.

Now I root either way for whatever reason. This game for example it'll be for the Pack, because Roth is the bigger douche, and I really don't want the Stillers to win 7.

better days
01-24-2011, 01:31 PM
It was alive and well for me throughout the mid 80s until the late 90s when the AFC was the NFC's *****, having lost 13 straight. It felt like not only could my team not win the Super Bowl but no-one in my entire freaking conference could do so either. The NFC was the better conference by far, which created a bit of an inferiority complex.

When the Broncos finally beat the Packers , I felt as if a weight had been lifted, almost as good as if the Bills had won. I had a similar euphoric feeling for the next few AFC wins, including the first Patriot victory. But then the AFC had started to win regularly, the curse had been lifted, balance had been restored.

Now I root either way for whatever reason. This game for example it'll be for the Pack, because Roth is the bigger douche, and I really don't want the Stillers to win 7.

Yeah, this is what I am talking about, the rivalry is dead & it is a shame. It would be a much more exciting game Febuary 6 if that rivalry were still alive.

Living in S.W. Fla it is tourist season now. There are a number of cars down here from Wisconson & surrounding States. A Packers bumper sticker is rare right now, but if they win the Super Bowl, I guarantee every single car from that area will be sporting Packers stickers & flags. True bandwagon fans.

Trust me when I tell you Packers fans are the most obnoxious in the NFL, even more so than Pats* fans. Pittsburg on the other hand is a blue collar City like Buffalo & I think their fans are similar to us except they have a good team to root for.

For these reasons, I do want the Steelers to win 7 & also to quiet Pats* fans about who has the best team.

Bangarang
01-24-2011, 01:54 PM
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7297/belt2.gif

PUCKER
01-24-2011, 05:59 PM
The Pack. I figure the Steelers will be 'automatically' favored,But GB has beat some teams this playoff season ALL on the road that I thought would do better. Plus its time for Big Bens perfect Super Bowl record to get its first blemish!

gb
01-24-2011, 07:30 PM
I am a life long Bills fan living in steelers country. I never wanted them to win even 1 SB. Big rough and tough Steelers have fans that are bandwagon crybaby excuse makers. OH OH our OL is hurt, OH OH the refs are against us OH OH GO PACKERS!!