PDA

View Full Version : We Stink

BuffaloBlitz83
01-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Does anyone expect 6 Wins in 2011 if there's a season?

bf1
01-23-2011, 09:52 PM
I say 5. and the clueless homers will celebrate it as a sign of the rebuilding starting to pay off.

Demon
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
No.

Anyone predicting 6 or more, is straight out lying, biased and just a super optimistic fan.

TrEd FTW
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Zero wins. No season.

BillsWin
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Well considering that you, I, and everyone else doesn't know what the roster will look like next season I say we all settle down, take a deep breath and look forward to free agency and the draft. Then we can run around making "the sky is falling" threads. We were 4-12. That's cool. Season is over. We have a real shot at a difference maker by picking third. You never know where it could go from there.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-23-2011, 10:12 PM
I think we can be better, 8-8 9-7 better... depends on our draft and offseason..

bf1
01-23-2011, 10:16 PM
we'll win 2 games, and the clueless homers will be happy that we finally "bottomed out." no where to go but up from there!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM
if we draft a QB we will be 12-4

hahahahaha
just stiring the pot hahahaha

Spiderweb
01-23-2011, 10:42 PM
we'll win 2 games, and the clueless homers will be happy that we finally "bottomed out." no where to go but up from there!

So then, will we get a break from you until the team becomes "competitive" (meaning winning and challenging for titles)?

Bangarang
01-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Fitz is taking us to the promise land.

djjimkelly
01-23-2011, 11:34 PM

we would get luck then 2 wins would guarantee luck it would be the perfect luck we need

Extremebillsfan247
01-24-2011, 01:11 AM
No, they have to do better than that. Gailey's first year here was a honeymoon phase. In year 2, it's time to start grading him. He now knows what he has on this team, and where he needs to improve, so he has no excuses now. He doesn't have to get this team to the playoffs, but they better have a significantly better record than a measly 4 wins. I would say anything less than 7 wins should be considered unacceptable. But, that's just my opinion.

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 01:15 AM
19-0

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 01:16 AM
we would get luck then 2 wins would guarantee luck it would be the perfect luck we need

You do realize you have enough ZB's to change your picture from Losman right?

Demon
01-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Fitz is taking us to the promise land.

2-14 would be the promised land, so we can talk Andrew Luck again.

Extremebillsfan247
01-24-2011, 01:35 AM
2-14 would be the promised land, so we can talk Andrew Luck again. What's more pathetic, a fan always hoping for a win, or a fan always hoping for the team to lose so we can draft a guy who is not guaranteed to succeed at the pro level?

Ingtar33
01-24-2011, 02:04 AM
What's more pathetic, a fan always hoping for a win, or a fan always hoping for the team to lose so we can draft a guy who is not guaranteed to succeed at the pro level?

or even guaranteed to come out next year... he's got 2 more years of eligibility... not 1... he can hang on one more year if he doesn't feel like leaving school next winter.

Demon
01-24-2011, 03:00 AM
or even guaranteed to come out next year... he's got 2 more years of eligibility... not 1... he can hang on one more year if he doesn't feel like leaving school next winter.

He wanted to graduate college and he will graduate. Don't kid yourself, Luck will come out next year.

Demon
01-24-2011, 03:01 AM
What's more pathetic, a fan always hoping for a win, or a fan always hoping for the team to lose so we can draft a guy who is not guaranteed to succeed at the pro level?

Pretend all you want, but even Buddy Nix said this will take several years to rebuild. If we're all agreeing we are rebuilding, i'd rather get another high pick then pick 14th and pick nobody good.

YardRat
01-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Yes. 6 or more.

Jan Reimers
01-24-2011, 06:08 AM
I say 5. and the clueless homers will celebrate it as a sign of the rebuilding starting to pay off.
We have the draft and Free Agency coming up, we have young guys and injured guys coming back and ready to make a bigger contribution, we have a coaching staff with a year of new systems under its belt, and we've added a good defensive mind in Wanny.

If you want to wallow in negativism, fine. If you want to call fans who have hope and can see some improvement "clueless homers," fine. But once in a great while, actually try to find something positive.

It would really do you some good.

Forward_Lateral
01-24-2011, 06:21 AM
There's no point in predicting wins/losses at this point. Like Jan just pointed out, there's still the draft and FA.

Beebe's Kid
01-24-2011, 06:24 AM
This is seriously a thread.

ddaryl
01-24-2011, 08:14 AM
only a 100% complete whiny loser ***** would be predicting less then 6 wins in 2011 at this point of our off-season.

elltrain22
01-24-2011, 08:25 AM

I normally don't chastise anyone for bad posts, but this is ridiculous. Free agency hasn't started, we haven't drafted a single player, and haven't even begun to build our 2011 roster, and yet, you're already saying we're gonna win only x-amount of games... and you call yourself a fan?? I realize that we're supposed to be realistic, and I know that the talent we lack doesn't bode well for next season, but you know what, ya gotta Billieve a little bit more than that b/c you love this team. You might be right, and 6 wins is all we're destined for, but you also may be wrong. Who knows we may sign a few FA's, Merriman might still have some gas left in the tank, Spiller may turn into something, Stevie Johnson will continue to improve, Roscoe will get even better, Freddie will be Freddie, and our defense might actually be respectable. At least give these boys a chance. Be a fan!!

Jan Reimers
01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Great post, elltrain!

bf1
01-24-2011, 09:13 AM
So then, will we get a break from you until the team becomes "competitive" (meaning winning and challenging for titles)?

No. Until shows a commitment to try. Meaning bring in quality free agents and not stick to this pipe dream of building the entire team through the draft.

Jan Reimers
01-24-2011, 09:23 AM
No. Until shows a commitment to try. Meaning bring in quality free agents and not stick to this pipe dream of building the entire team through the draft.
Almost every great team gets built through the draft, with FA being used to plug a few holes. You can certainly criticize us for drafting poorly over the past several years, but I don't think you can criticize us for the concept.

And I would like to think that this and future drafts will be getting better.

bf1
01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Almost every great team gets built through the draft, with FA being used to plug a few holes. You can certainly criticize us for drafting poorly over the past several years, but I don't think you can criticize us for the concept.

And I would like to think that this and future drafts will be getting better.

We have more than a few holes. With bumbling buddies strategy, it's like playing whack a mole. You fill one, you open another. They need to go big and be extremely aggressive--or hope that every single draft pick pans out.

Mr. Pink
01-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Look, I'm accused of being negative and downplay some of the stuff that happens and even I wouldn't predict a seasonal record yet for next year.

Way too many variables between now and when camp breaks.

FAs, Draft, trades, injuries - to us or divisional rivals, etc...

Do I think we have a shot at realistically being a playoff team? No, that's not very likely but with the right moves and maybe an injury to the opposition it could happen.

Jan Reimers
01-24-2011, 09:36 AM
We have more than a few holes. With bumbling buddies strategy, it's like playing whack a mole. You fill one, you open another. They need to go big and be extremely aggressive--or hope that every single draft pick pans out.
"Bumbling Buddy," as you call him, was part of some very good drafts in San Diego. He played a big role in making them a playoff team.

Too bad you can't see that.

bf1
01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
"Bumbling Buddy," as you call him, was part of some very good drafts in San Diego. He played a big role in making them a playoff team.

Too bad you can't see that.

He's 0-2 in buffalo.

He was scouting director the year before he took over GM. I don't want to ever here this BS that drafting Maybin was entirely Jauron's decision. That notion is a bunch of PR BS. Whether or not it was Jauron's final decision or not, he had to have gotten his info from none other than bumbling buddy.

psubills62
01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
He's 0-2 in buffalo.

He was scouting director the year before he took over GM. I don't want to ever here this BS that drafting Maybin was entirely Jauron's decision. That notion is a bunch of PR BS. Whether or not it was Jauron's final decision or not, he had to have gotten his info from none other than bumbling buddy.

You have to love it when people counter speculation with even more wild speculation.

What gave Nix's love for Maybin away? His quote saying they didn't want to draft any one-year wonders?

Jeff1220
01-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Right now I'm more worried about if there will actually be a 2011 season more so than the Bills' record if the season happens.

Beebe's Kid
01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Right now I'm more worried about if there will actually be a 2011 season more so than the Bills' record if the season happens.

Hold on now!! The CBA is boring, it's not Michael Vick, or a shiny new QB, or a mock draft, or whatever else all of the same ****heads are rambling on about...

What it is, however, is very real. It is very likely there will be no season. That would seem to be an issue that could use some addressing... Imagine how bad "Bumbling Buddy" will screw up FA, if there is no FA????? He'll never sign a guy like Vick then!!!!

This time of year is ****ing excruciatingly painful to begin with...let alone bull**** like this.

imbondz
01-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I have a million times more hope going into next season than I did this season. I predicted 4 wins in August.

I always think of the St.LouisRams 1999-2000. Went 3-13 the year before, won the SB the following year. I know it's crazy, but we never know what will happen in the off season. Maybe Merriman's clout (if he has any left) can bring some FA in, maybe Nix will have a superior draft.

It's wayyyy too early to be hopeless. After the draft and FA we can tho. And I am hoping the X factor is Gailey. Maybe he just needed the right situation to be a hugely successful coach in the NFL. He's old school, like Levy was, and I think could be a great team leader. That said, we need a franchise QB, or nothing's going to ever happen.

justasportsfan
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
we almost made 6 this year with Trent starting the 1st 2 games. If we bring in better players and playing in the same system in the 2nd year, it's very possible we win 6 games.

Zero
01-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes. 6 or more.

Last year I was bearish. In 2011, I'm actually bullish. 6+ wins, flame me all you want...

RockStar36
01-24-2011, 11:09 AM
It's impossible to say, like FTY said, too many variables to play out. But really, anything short of 8-8 and I'll be disappointed. I've turned my expectations up for the next season.

djjimkelly
01-24-2011, 11:13 AM
You do realize you have enough ZB's to change your picture from Losman right?

yeah sadly there is no one on this roster i want up there

maybe merrimen if he comes back to form

TacklingDummy
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
We have the draft and Free Agency coming up, we have young guys and injured guys coming back and ready to make a bigger contribution, we have a coaching staff with a year of new systems under its belt, and we've added a good defensive mind in Wanny.

Plus we have Arron Maybin. With another off season this guy should turn into a stud.

RockStar36
01-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Plus we have Arron Maybin. With another off season this guy should turn into a stud.

Third year is the charm.

ParanoidAndroid
01-24-2011, 11:54 AM

4-12 stinks. The Bills were a couple of plays away from beating 4 playoff teams. They lost. "...close only counts with hand grenages and horse shoes...."
I think the Bills have a real shot at getting over .500 but I cannot say it is probable. It simply isn't.
6 wins, though.... I don't think it's out of the question at all. Actually, I feel a modicum of confidence that they will get 6 next year.
Why? The offense is good enough to outscore a lot of teams. The defense was attrocious and I fully expect it to be a bit better next year.

Nighthawk
01-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Wow, how are we supposed to predict a record when I don't even know the new players who'll be here??? Crazy thread.

BertSquirtgum
01-24-2011, 11:27 PM
all of your threads suck but i keep reading them to see if the new one is going to suck worse than the last. this thread absolutely pathetic man. it's still january for christ sake

BertSquirtgum
01-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Pretend all you want, but even Buddy Nix said this will take several years to rebuild. If we're all agreeing we are rebuilding, i'd rather get another high pick then pick 14th and pick nobody good.
you pulled that 7 year number out of your ass. good job.

TrEd FTW
01-24-2011, 11:42 PM
He's 0-2 in buffalo.

You're totally lost if you think Buddy Nix was a key factor in the 2009 draft.