PDA

View Full Version : cutler called sissy

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-23-2011, 10:37 PM
cutler being called out as a pussy by other players....
I think hes a punk but dont really care.... just wondering how it will play out on his team
Jay Cutler Branded a Quitter by NFL Players on Twitter -- NFL FanHouse (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/23/jay-cutler-branded-a-gutless-quitter-by-fellow-players-on-twitte/)
(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/?eref=sinav)

BidsJr
01-23-2011, 10:38 PM
They are burning his jerseys in ChiTown.

My wife called him a pu**y.

Thurmal
01-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Was a Cutler fan till today. Kelly NEVER would've missed that game.

Bangarang
01-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Cutler was having period cramps and couldn't finish the game. The "knee injury" is just a front.

Whysoserious?
01-24-2011, 12:13 AM
we have similar handles. I thought someone hacked my account.

Michael82
01-24-2011, 12:30 AM
He's definitely a pussy! Come on...it's the ****ing NFC Championship game and you take yourself out of the game over a little knee injury? :rolleyes:

Ingtar33
01-24-2011, 12:57 AM
I couldn't believe what i was seeing when Cutler bowed out like that.

He better need reconstructive knee surgery or he'll be the most hated man in his locker room (well.. moreso... i'm sure he's pretty close to that already)

ServoBillieves
01-24-2011, 01:05 AM
If you want him as your future, you keep him sidelined and sadly put in Todd Collins...

But Collins is old and sucks...

And this is the NFC Championship game. This isn't the regular season where you have leniency.

I really don't blame Cutler in this situation. This could purely be the training staffs fault, they could have said "No, another hit could severely hurt you" and he pussed out, but... we will never know.

If he said no? And he's ok? This dude should get a great tattoo of a crying baby on his left cheek. There's NO excuse if you're healthy to skip the NFC title game, especially when you're facing the hated Steelers...

Mahdi
01-24-2011, 01:15 AM
If the guy has a damaged knee and another twist, hit or fall could endanger the rest of his career then I fully support his decision to stay out.

He has to think about his career and his ability to walk in the future. Don't forget this IS a business and how these guys earn a living. If he loses that now it would be crushing to his future.

It's ONE football game compared to another 10 years of making money. Not even a hard decision.

YardRat
01-24-2011, 04:25 AM
Maybe patmoran could box him instead of Whitner.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Cutler has been sacked more times than anyone the last 2 years. I doubt I'd question his toughness. Urlachor already defended him

YardRat
01-24-2011, 05:16 AM
I called him a pussy too...but I'm not a peer in the league.

I hope Whitner, Merriman, Johnson etc keep their ****ing mouths shut on this.

EricStratton
01-24-2011, 05:40 AM
I can understand former players chirping but for active guys that's a line I didn't think got crossed.

And didn't Jones-Drew miss the final game of the season when they had a chance to go to the playoffs?

Thief
01-24-2011, 05:56 AM
I'm still wondering what happened to Collins. It looked like he was the one who totally flopped like punter who had his toe touched trying to draw a flag.

YardRat
01-24-2011, 06:03 AM
I'm still wondering what happened to Collins. It looked like he was the one who totally flopped like punter who had his toe touched trying to draw a flag.

He sucked, very badly, in the little time he was on the field...That's the way I took it.

Did somebody report that Collins was injured also? If so, that would explain Lovie not waiting two plays until the fourth qtr to insert Hanie.

DraftBoy
01-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Im refraining from commenting until the MRI results are back but if they come back and he really does have a torn ligament, then lots of people have crow to eat.

zone
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Todd Collins, he was suppose to be the next Jim Kelly, first in the long line of "next Jim Kelly's".

Time for that dude to hang up his cleats he looked awful, not that he ever looked good.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-24-2011, 08:30 AM
there is no way collins sees any roster next year after getting yanked like that yesterday

psubills62
01-24-2011, 08:32 AM
I can understand former players chirping but for active guys that's a line I didn't think got crossed.

And didn't Jones-Drew miss the final game of the season when they had a chance to go to the playoffs?
MJD also played the first 15 games on the knee injury to help them even get close to a winning record.

elltrain22
01-24-2011, 08:44 AM
I don't care about his "MRI". I put this in quotations b/c, for all we know, the Bears PR people are probably just making crap up to save face. Lets look at the facts we know...

1. Cutler is punk, totally something he would do, b/c he's a selfish punk
2. He was limping but not bad enough to stop playing
3. Phillip Rivers played a whole game w/ a torn ACL, and if he really did hurt his MCL, he could've sucked it up
4. his team needed him
5. it was the game to go to the Super Bowl

cookie G
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Was a Cutler fan till today. Kelly NEVER would've missed that game.

Huh? You don't remember Kelly standing on the sidelines for the Come Back game?

elltrain22
01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't care about his "MRI". I put this in quotations b/c, for all we know, the Bears PR people are probably just making crap up to save face. Lets look at the facts we know...

3. Phillip Rivers played a whole game w/ a torn ACL, and if he really did hurt his MCL, he could've sucked it up
4. his team needed him

sorry, I'm being really harsh and judgemental, and I know my post is dumb, but I just can't stand Cutler. I really want this MRI to come back showing nothing so the media, players, and fans can have a field day w/ him.

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Is this a surprise? Cutler has been doing this all his career.

He's very talented but inconsistent, and is never there when the team needs him the most.

He was like that in Denver, and Chicago knew all about what they were getting when they traded for him.

Beebe's Kid
01-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Im refraining from commenting until the MRI results are back but if they come back and he really does have a torn ligament, then lots of people have crow to eat.

In this day and age, facts are secondary to sensationalism...waiting for test results will just land you in the unemployment line...

I know what I think happened, but wouldn't want to call out or defend a guy until there was some substantial evidence. It is sad the way people are jumping to conclusions, and even more sad that if they are wrong...no big deal...it was just Twitter.

I guess I could take it a step further, and say the worst part of it all is that, regardless of any tests or facts, there is an insanely high percentage of people that are just going to believe the first thing they heard.

Stewie
01-24-2011, 09:35 AM
what about pouncey for pittsburgh. Is he a punk, too?

trapezeus
01-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Is there even remOtely a chance that the bears staff just pulled him because he was ineffective? After all it was after halftime, cutkerwas quiet on bench and they yanked Collins quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on cutlers lackadaisical demeanor, but I feel like he got the yank. The bears were too close to a super bowl to ride one guy's bad performance to a loss

imbondz
01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Is there even remOtely a chance that the bears staff just pulled him because he was ineffective? After all it was after halftime, cutkerwas quiet on bench and they yanked Collins quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on cutlers lackadaisical demeanor, but I feel like he got the yank. The bears were too close to a super bowl to ride one guy's bad performance to a loss

no. cuz they weren't out of it at all. it was close still, and ultimately they only lost by 1 TD. No team would pull the starting QB who got them this far, just because he was having a poor game against a great defense, this wasn't Carolina they were playing.

I thought Cutler was a cry baby primadonna before yesterdays game. Favre has played with broken bones. I just think 99% of the QBs in the league finish that game.

Bill Cody
01-24-2011, 10:23 AM
If he can't move is he helping the team by trying to be a hero? Just asking.

Ingtar33
01-24-2011, 10:27 AM
As someone who has suffered knee injuries, including one which required pretty much full reconstruction of the knee, i can assure you there are knee injuries and knee injuries.

the one that required surgery, i can't imagine even standing on the leg nonchalantly afterwords. the two which could have had surgery, but which really didn't need it, i could both walk on and play on (all be it with a bit of pain and weakness). hell i even had a broken tibia and mostly destroyed ankle didn't miss a day of spring practice back in the day...

All i can say, is if i was in his shoes, as long as i could stand up you would have needed to chain my ass to the bench to come out of an nfc championship game. that seems to be what those players are saying as well.

I was angered by what i saw yesterday... absolutely furious. He looked like a giant pussy who was having a horrible day, just bailing on his team. when he walked he didn't limp. he stood normally the rest of the game... hell on his last series he ran out to the huddle and back to the sideline.

I'm sorry, if your knee is good enough to run on it, then it's good enough to play on it. He said it was hurt just before halftime. he should have put a brace on the damned thing and played.

hydro
01-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Is this a surprise? Cutler has been doing this all his career.

He's very talented but inconsistent, and is never there when the team needs him the most.

He was like that in Denver, and Chicago knew all about what they were getting when they traded for him.

He has only missed one game in his career....

hydro
01-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Report: Cutler has MCL tear (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/report-cutler-has-mcl-tear/)

imbondz
01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
As someone who has suffered knee injuries, including one which required pretty much full reconstruction of the knee, i can assure you there are knee injuries and knee injuries.

the one that required surgery, i can't imagine even standing on the leg nonchalantly afterwords. the two which could have had surgery, but which really didn't need it, i could both walk on and play on (all be it with a bit of pain and weakness). hell i even had a broken tibia and mostly destroyed ankle didn't miss a day of spring practice back in the day...

All i can say, is if i was in his shoes, as long as i could stand up you would have needed to chain my ass to the bench to come out of an nfc championship game. that seems to be what those players are saying as well.

I was angered by what i saw yesterday... absolutely furious. He looked like a giant pussy who was having a horrible day, just bailing on his team. when he walked he didn't limp. he stood normally the rest of the game... hell on his last series he ran out to the huddle and back to the sideline.

I'm sorry, if your knee is good enough to run on it, then it's good enough to play on it. He said it was hurt just before halftime. he should have put a brace on the damned thing and played.

Give me 10 shots of pain killers and I'm sprinting back in to the game.

Ingtar33
01-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Report: Cutler has MCL tear (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/report-cutler-has-mcl-tear/)

I had an mcl tear and didn't need surgery... you can play on that one with a good knee brace... unless it's blown completely.

if it's blown completely he wouldn't be walking.

btw: most mcl tears are called sprains (it's the same thing)... anything short of a grade 3 tear he could have played on with a knee brace and some pain killers.

imbondz
01-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I just read that Cutler has diabetes and couldn't get a cortisone shot because of diabetes.

DraftBoy
01-24-2011, 10:40 AM

4. his team needed him

1. Agreed, 100%
2. If he can't push off his knee, there is no reason for him to be out there. Only he can make that call.
3. I believe Rivers only had a partial tear in his ACL, not a full tear
4. True
5. 100% true

DraftBoy
01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I had an mcl tear and didn't need surgery... you can play on that one with a good knee brace... unless it's blown completely.

if it's blown completely he wouldn't be walking.

btw: most mcl tears are called sprains (it's the same thing)... anything short of a grade 3 tear he could have played on with a knee brace and some pain killers.

I thought he did have a brace on it after the injury? To me (and I respect your opinion much more as a former player than others) if he tested the knee out but couldnt plant and drive off of it, there was no reason to even try and play even if he could stand and walk on it.

Again though that's a question only he can answer and one that many can question given his punk ass past.

mikemac2001
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I just read that Cutler has diabetes and couldn't get a cortisone shot because of diabetes.

i was wondering if he was able to get all meds/pain killers..

Ingtar33
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I thought he did have a brace on it after the injury? To me (and I respect your opinion much more as a former player than others) if he tested the knee out but couldnt plant and drive off of it, there was no reason to even try and play even if he could stand and walk on it.

Again though that's a question only he can answer and one that many can question given his punk ass past.

when people talk about a "sprained knee" most of the time they're really talking about an MCL tear. (at least if the pain is on the inside of the knee)

I couldn't even really tell what knee it was from watching him.

That's part of what really pissed me off. With a serious injury you don't just stand on the joint as if there is no pain and take no treatment. Sorry... it looked like a real ***** move to me.

DraftBoy
01-24-2011, 10:47 AM
when people talk about a "sprained knee" most of the time they're really talking about an MCL tear. (at least if the pain is on the inside of the knee)

I couldn't even really tell what knee it was from watching him.

That's part of what really pissed me off. With a serious injury you don't just stand on the joint as if there is no pain and take no treatment. Sorry... it looked like a real ***** move to me.

No I agree, even if you dont need them, at least have some crutches or something. Completely opened himself up to criticism.

Zero
01-24-2011, 10:58 AM
what about pouncey for pittsburgh. Is he a punk, too?

Ummmm NO.

Pouncey was clearly injured as he couldn't put ANY weight on his injured leg and was seen on crutches afterwards. Completely different situation...

Whysoserious?
01-24-2011, 03:32 PM
well, you guys sure look dumb

Dr. Pepper
01-24-2011, 04:53 PM
cutler probably doesnt deserve all the criticism coming his way, but he didnt help his cause by starting the 2nd half, taking 5 step drops, looking ok, then standing around on the sideline with a pout on his face after he decided he couldnt keep playing. oh well, glad the Pack won, thanks jay!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-24-2011, 06:43 PM
well, you guys sure look dumb
you need to change your sig. I dont want people to think im u.
ive got seniority

:irule:

Nighthawk
01-24-2011, 06:44 PM
you need to change your sig. I dont want people to think im u.
ive got seniority

:irule:

I'm with you on this...taking another posters username is LAME!

paranoid
01-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Cutler seems like an odd duck. It's like he has almost no social skills. There is an expectation among players and fans alike to play hurt, and the fact that he did not seem obviously hobbled by the injury (he could at least move around on the leg) is always going to call into question his toughness and commitment. I also recall Hines Ward implicitly questioning Roethlisberger's toughness awhile back when he didn't play with a head injury. We like tough, gritty players and want them to gut it out through pain and injury, especially in big games.

That said, I sort of like professional athletes who don't make commercials (reeaaallly sick of seeing Peyton Manning) or tweet or promote themselves on "reality" shows or whatever. He's sort of a contrarian to the overwhelming noisy blitz and glitz of the contemporary NFL media complex and I gotta say I like that about him.

Forward_Lateral
01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
I've sprained my MCL more than once, and there's no way Cutler could've effectively played. People who call him a pussy for not playing on it have either never sprained their MCL, or think they have, but haven't.

Bill Cody
01-25-2011, 01:47 PM
I've sprained my MCL more than once, and there's no way Cutler could've effectively played. People who call him a pussy for not playing on it have either never sprained their MCL, or think they have, but haven't.

That's what a shot and a wrap are for. People wait their whole lives for that chance. Cutler is a wuss.

Prov401
01-25-2011, 01:49 PM
cutler probably doesnt deserve all the criticism coming his way, but he didnt help his cause by starting the 2nd half, taking 5 step drops, looking ok, then standing around on the sideline with a pout on his face after he decided he couldnt keep playing. oh well, glad the Pack won, thanks jay!

Yea. Let's judge pain by another person's mannerisms and expressions.

Mr. Pink
01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Thurman Thomas stated that he wouldn't have played the game on WGR last night after the "music city miracle" if the Bills had one with the same injury.

Is he a wuss too?

BertSquirtgum
01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
i thought i blew a fart but i actually messed my pants

Bill Cody
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Thurman Thomas stated that he wouldn't have played the game on WGR last night after the "music city miracle" if the Bills had one with the same injury.

Is he a wuss too?

guess so

Demon
01-25-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm with you on this...taking another posters username is LAME!

Agreed. Give him 12 hours to change or ban him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Agreed. Give him 12 hours to change or ban him.

Thank you for your suport!
Signed:
The REAL Why so Serious?