X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whysoserious?
    • Dec 2010

WRs...

any need to draft one? I am thinking a Dane Sanzenbacher type slot guy would be nice in the 7th round, but do we take a look at any big play WRs in the 3rd and 4th round?
    This Sig will not change until the Bills make the playoffs!

12-04-10
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: WRs...

Originally posted by Whysoserious?
    any need to draft one? I am thinking a Dane Sanzenbacher type slot guy would be nice in the 7th round, but do we take a look at any big play WRs in the 3rd and 4th round?
    How about this guy? Mark Easley: 6'2" 207lbs 4.39 time. 4th rnd.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

You're thinking about a 7th round WR when we already have Lee Evans, Stevie Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Donald Jones, and the rest of the entourage?

We're set at WR dude. Whoever is going to block for them is the issue now.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

We need a true #1, which we're probably not going to find in later rounds, or a blazer that can stretch the field and take coverages deep to give us a long ball threat and help open up the intermediate routes.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

Lee is getting old, he's going to need a replacement.

I love Titus Young.

Comment

• Bangarang
            • Sep 2010

AJ Green

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

How come everyone forgets about Marcus Easley? He had a good mini camp and showed potential in training camp. I think he's going to be a big part of the offense this year once he's 100%.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Michael82
                How come everyone forgets about Marcus Easley? He had a good mini camp and showed potential in training camp. I think he's going to be a big part of the offense this year once he's 100%.
                Because it was just camp man. Hell half the time he was on the field and showing his "potential", no one was even wearing pads.

I don't think we should assume that Marcus will be a great player in the NFL. We should draft accordingly and if he turns out to be good, then we have a nice little problem on our hands.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I think we need to establish our priorities. We have 6 receivers who played well last year, and a 7th - Marcus Easley - who was very impressive in camp last season.

Our run defense, on the other hand, was the laughingstock of the league. We need D linemen and linebackers ABOVE ALL ELSE. We should also probably look at a developmental QB, RT, TE, and S before we even THINK WR.

WR is probably our deepest position on the team.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                    Lee is getting old, he's going to need a replacement.
                    Lee is only 29. I don't think he has lost a thing, except that Fitz seems to have better chemistry with a few of the younger guys. I think Lee will continue to be a valuable receiver on this team, particularly if Fitz rediscovers him.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                      We need a true #1, which we're probably not going to find in later rounds, or a blazer that can stretch the field and take coverages deep to give us a long ball threat and help open up the intermediate routes.
                      Why can't Johnson develop into a "true #1"? He certainly put up #1 type numbers. It was his first season with significant playing time. Seems like the potential is there for him to continue improving.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

I like our guys. I do.

I think we could get a lot better at receiver, however.

I know it gets people all hurt in the ass if you say anything other that Stevie for HOF, but while I think he is good, I am not sure he is a #1.

Outside of Roscoe, I don't recall any of our guys making any spectacular catches....that would be because they didn't. Stevie made a few nice grabs, but nothing that was a spectacular catch.

If anything there were several times that they flat out dropped balls, or it appeared that the extra effort to make a spectacular catch was not there. I don't think they didn't dive or jump or whatever out of lack of effort...I think it was out of lack of instinct.

Due to our offense's tendency to go 4-5 wide, and Fitz's ability to distribute, I feel safe saying that Fitz made these guys look a lot better than they are. I also feel confident saying that they didn't return the favor. They never bailed him out with a tough catch, or making the play that would overcome the drop they just had the play before.

I am not saying we need to draft AJ Green, but I wouldn't hate the pick. I think that they need to look into improving the team in EVERY area, and don't fall too deeply in love with anybody we have.

Edit: David Nelson also made several really nice catches.
                        Last edited by Beebe's Kid; 01-25-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Michael82
                          How come everyone forgets about Marcus Easley? He had a good mini camp and showed potential in training camp.
                          So did Aaron Maybin.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mayotm
                            Why can't Johnson develop into a "true #1"? He certainly put up #1 type numbers. It was his first season with significant playing time. Seems like the potential is there for him to continue improving.
                            I like Steve...I want to keep him on this team. I do not recall a guy ever improving his hands. If they have trouble catching the ball...they always have trouble catching the ball. That doesn't mean he isn't a good receiver, he just doesn't have the kind of hands that I want to count on when a game is on the line.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                              So did Aaron Maybin.
                              That's a really snappy retort...but when?

Comment

Working...
                              X