PDA

View Full Version : Bills Scouts Talking To Cal DE Cam Jordan

DraftBoy
01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
After North practice today. Jordan was an unblockable, dominant force and is seen as an ideal 3-4 DE. Stock is currently low 1st round but some are rumbling that he may be top 20 if he keeps up this kind of practice pace.

Nighthawk
01-25-2011, 12:17 PM
After North practice today. Jordan was an unblockable, dominant force and is seen as an ideal 3-4 DE. Stock is currently low 1st round but some are rumbling that he may be top 20 if he keeps up this kind of practice pace.

I love this time of year...

ddaryl
01-25-2011, 01:06 PM

It's Buffalo Bill's fans version of the superbowl

Bangarang
01-25-2011, 01:09 PM
It's Buffalo Bill's fans version of the superbowl

And the actual draft is our version of losing the Super Bowl.

madness
01-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Why am I laughing at that? :doh:

Luisito23
01-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Cam Jordan top 20? LOL...He's a middle second rounder at best.

justasportsfan
01-25-2011, 01:50 PM
“I think it’s been nothing but an advantage in my position (playing in the 3-4),” Jordan said. “I’ve played three-technique, four-technique, five-technique pretty much for my last three years. I played 4-3 my freshman year, so I’ve done it all. I just want to get on the field and play football.”

Jordan has 16.5 sacks in his college career, but his role in Cal’s 3-4 is to stand in there and occupy blockers while his linebackers make plays. By no means is defensive end a glamour position in such a defensive scheme, but Jordan is good with it.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Senior-Bowl-DL-Jordan-offers-3-4-familiarity/2210314f-00d5-45c8-8b3b-1169221af6bc

kingJofNYC
01-25-2011, 01:51 PM
You're nuts if you think he's a middle second round guy. I've seen guys report he's a top 15 guy easily before his performance the last two days.

He's a much better prospect than Alualu, and he went in the top 10. Yeah, it was reach but the guy was a sure fire 1st round pick regardless of the reach.

LOL @ mid 2nd rounder. Jordan won't get by the Pats if Dareus is off the board.

RandolphDuke
01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
I get nervous when front offices become enamored of some guy because of his performance in a meaningless exhibition like the Senior Bowl or the combine.

kingJofNYC
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
I get nervous when front offices become enamored of some guy because of his performance in a meaningless exhibition like the Senior Bowl or the combine.

Dude he's pretty good without the Senior Bowl practice performance, he was their best defensive player. Totally shutdown Oregon. You didn't hear much about him during the season because the East Coast gets zero Cal games, it was USC/Stanford/Oregon.

DraftBoy
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Gonna be a long ride, may as well buckle up now.

djjimkelly
01-25-2011, 02:48 PM

your a moron the practices are important u get to see how coachable someone is.

the bills coaching staff is getting an upclose look at things like demeanor, personality and intelligence to be coachable this is one of the best things our front office has gotten to do in 15 years maybe 10 and ill guarentee other coaching staffs have gotten much benefit from this in their drafts

Luisito23
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I have no problem drafting him with our 2nd. pick, in fact I'll be happy if we did. I just don't think he's worthy of being in the top 15.

Doesn't mean I'm right, or that I hate him, I'm just stating my opinion based on the many games I've seen him in.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I Think this might clarify and reveal that we obviously need and want help on the dline...

i think dareus will be the pick, and wouldnt be suprised given certain picks, if another dlineman was taken in the 2nd rd

psubills62
01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
They're throwing everyone off the scent. Last year they talked to a bunch of OL prospects and ended up putting an obvious priority on the DL. This year they're talking to a bunch of DL prospects and they'll put a priority on the OL.

:up:

X-Era
01-25-2011, 03:22 PM
After North practice today. Jordan was an unblockable, dominant force and is seen as an ideal 3-4 DE. Stock is currently low 1st round but some are rumbling that he may be top 20 if he keeps up this kind of practice pace.I'm a fan of him. He's been solid throughout, decent against the run and pass.

X-Era
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Why are some thinking this is a pick at 3? If we take a DE in the 2nd, it most likely means we didn't take one in the 1st. And if the Bills are looking at someone who might drop to the 2nd, it may mean they aren't as hell bent on certain positions at 3 as some around here are.

Cameron could drop but I think he's more likely to be a late 1st rounder.

The Jokeman
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Why are some thinking this is a pick at 3? If we take a DE in the 2nd, it most likely means we didn't take one in the 1st. And if the Bills are looking at someone who might drop to the 2nd, it may mean they aren't as hell bent on certain positions at 3 as some around here are.

Because this organization has a history of taking DEs who were predicted to be 3rd Round picks but we end up taking in the 1st Round due to great post seasons. See Erik Flowers and Aaron Maybin.

Raptor
01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
BTW I expect C.Jordan to be in the discussion once the draft season kicks into full gear in a month or two

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=199112

He's def a top 15 talent for those who have actually seen him play. Just as good as Dareus but without the pub

Raptor
01-25-2011, 04:00 PM

He's not getting out of the top 20 with NE and SD sitting at 17 and 18

X-Era
01-25-2011, 04:11 PM
He's not getting out of the top 20 with NE and SD sitting at 17 and 18I agree that it's unlikely he will drop to the 2nd.

The Jokeman
01-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree that it's unlikely he will drop to the 2nd.
So be it. While we arguable need a quality DE that can stop the run. I think what we really need on D is a guy who can put the fear in offenses or better yet opposing QBs.

Beebe's Kid
01-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Because this organization has a history of taking DEs who were predicted to be 3rd Round picks but we end up taking in the 1st Round due to great post seasons. See Erik Flowers and Aaron Maybin.I'm still mad at Buddy for taking them.

YardRat
01-25-2011, 07:36 PM
“I think it’s been nothing but an advantage in my position (playing in the 3-4),” Jordan said. “I’ve played three-technique, four-technique, five-technique pretty much for my last three years. I played 4-3 my freshman year, so I’ve done it all. I just want to get on the field and play football.”

Jordan has 16.5 sacks in his college career, but his role in Cal’s 3-4 is to stand in there and occupy blockers while his linebackers make plays. By no means is defensive end a glamour position in such a defensive scheme, but Jordan is good with it.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Senior-Bowl-DL-Jordan-offers-3-4-familiarity/2210314f-00d5-45c8-8b3b-1169221af6bc

Sounds a lot like Troup last year.

Can't wait to watch the boards go ballistic when the team leaves Dareus or Bowers on the board and takes Jordan at #3.

Mad Max
01-25-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm still mad at Buddy for taking them.

I see what you did there.

BertSquirtgum
01-25-2011, 08:23 PM
did somebody say aj green at #3? that's smart thinking right there.

Night Train
01-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Does Nix have enough sense to listen to people around him if someone makes an offer for our #3 overall pick ? There are options later in Round 1 and God knows the Bills could use extra picks.

If sitting still at #3, Dareus. But pick up the ****ing phone if it rings and actually listen to any offers.

BertSquirtgum
01-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Does Nix have enough sense to listen to people around him if someone makes an offer for our #3 overall pick ? There are options later in Round 1 and God knows the Bills could use extra picks.

If sitting still at #3, Dareus. But pick up the ****ing phone if it rings and actually listen to any offers.

i don't know man, he might be taking his afternoon nap. wouldn't want to wake him, i think that's what happened last year. someone woke him up too early and he picked a name out of a hat.

ddaryl
01-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Bazinga !

BUT I still think we had a solid draft in Nix 1st year as GM.

Night Train
01-26-2011, 07:10 PM

He sure looked great to me.

This is why you pick up the phone if it rings, while you're on the clock with Pick #3. There are legit options, while picking up extra picks.