PDA

View Full Version : 10 reasons why I hate the 2 weeks before the Super Bowl

elltrain22
01-25-2011, 06:05 PM
In no particular order...

1. I hear more and see more Skip Bayless
2. All the stupid interviews they do. For example, Aaron Rodgers' 1st grade teacher, heck they might even interview the chick Big Ben banged in the toilet
3. All the insignificant perdictions you're going to hear
4. Over-over-overanalyzation on Sportscenter. (as I speak, Mike Golic is interviewing Nick Collins)
5. All the brand new Packers and Steelers fans that magically appear
6. I have to read at least 10 posts (on this board) on how we suck and how we're never getting back to the big game
7. I'm starting to realize that football is almost over; which sucks
8. the pro bowl; nuff said
9. 70% of Sportscenter is devoted to Super Bowl content. I"m not even exaggerating.
10. did I mention how much I hate Skip Bayless??

Bangarang
01-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Sportscenter these days is 74% Super Bowl talk. Another 18% talk about LeBron James and the Miami Heat. 4% of actual highlights. 2% of random babble. And 2% for top 10 plays.

X-Era
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
In no particular order...

1. I hear more and see more Skip Bayless
2. All the stupid interviews they do. For example, Aaron Rodgers' 1st grade teacher, heck they might even interview the chick Big Ben banged in the toilet
3. All the insignificant perdictions you're going to hear
4. Over-over-overanalyzation on Sportscenter. (as I speak, Mike Golic is interviewing Nick Collins)
5. All the brand new Packers and Steelers fans that magically appear
6. I have to read at least 10 posts (on this board) on how we suck and how we're never getting back to the big game
7. I'm starting to realize that football is almost over; which sucks
8. the pro bowl; nuff said
9. 70% of Sportscenter is devoted to Super Bowl content. I"m not even exaggerating.
10. did I mention how much I hate Skip Bayless??The top reason I like it this year:

1) Brady and the Cheatriots aren't in it and we hear virtually nothing about them right now. At least for this few weeks, ESPN isn't talking about them constantly.

Beebe's Kid
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Sportscenter these days is 74% Super Bowl talk. Another 18% talk about LeBron James and the Miami Heat. 4% of actual highlights. 2% of random babble. And 2% for top 10 plays.

Sportscenter is dead to me. MLB Network, NHL Network, and when in season, the NFL Network. Good to go.

I haven't turned on ESPN for anything other than live sports in years.

cgbm
01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
i totally agree with that. all i have seen this week is more and more coverage of the championship games. cant wait till its all about the draft.....

psubills62
01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Solution: stop watching ESPN.

DraftBoy
01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Senior Bowl, National Signing Day, Texas v. The Nation Game, Dixie Classic Game.

I got my two weeks full up!

mikemac2001
01-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Solution: stop watching ESPN.

i only watch sports on ESPN and maybe NFL pregame i hate all there other crap....and post game interviews if they have them on ESPN NEWS

PTI
01-27-2011, 08:28 PM
I think it is stupid they don't make it Saturday night at like 8 PM for the Super Bowl. Could even be 6 PM. It would seem to me it would still be the weekend in other places around the world if the Super Bowl was Saturday sometime, and the Super Bowl could be viewed live world wide by even more people. With the NFL seemig to want to spread out, I can't believe they won't make it Saturday night. I would like it better, I usually get well past drunk and end up taking the day off after the Sunday Super Bowl.

ServoBillieves
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
11) I live in Pittsburgh. It's on every. single. ****ing. channel. They're even making up stories on the news for it.

Jan Reimers
01-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah, and when the Super Bowl is over, they'll go back to 90% King James and the Heat, and 10% other crap.

trapezeus
01-28-2011, 11:14 AM

you are missing a category of time spent trying out new catch phrases. Please rework the numbers and let us know what you conclude. My guess is that 85% is used on catchphrases, 10% on superbowl pre hype, 2% on Lebron, 2% on baseball highlights, 0.5% on top ten plays and 0.5% to subversively try to make everyone a boston sports fan.

Beebe's Kid
01-28-2011, 03:45 PM
you are missing a category of time spent trying out new catch phrases. Please rework the numbers and let us know what you conclude. My guess is that 85% is used on catchphrases, 10% on superbowl pre hype, 2% on Lebron, 2% on baseball highlights, 0.5% on top ten plays and 0.5% to subversively try to make everyone a boston sports fan.Still searching for the next "Boo-Ya?"

better days
01-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Sportscenter is dead to me. MLB Network, NHL Network, and when in season, the NFL Network. Good to go.

I haven't turned on ESPN for anything other than live sports in years.

NHL & NFL Networks year round for me. I stopped watching baseball the year they cancelled The World Series.

Think about it, with the NFL CBA in question it would be the same as cancelling the Super Bowl this year.