Umm, NHL can You add a Buffalo Player to the All Star Selection, Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

Umm, NHL can You add a Buffalo Player to the All Star Selection, Please.

Even with the team playing half arse every night and al the crap surrounding our team, but jeez, a player gets injured or backs out, and they fill them with Players, Not that I don’t disagree with their selections for Replacements, (ie Briere and Skinner), but as they noted in the Article about Skinner, he has more points than about 6 of the all star forwards, umm Ok, Vanek has more points than all of the players on that list as well as Skinner…. So whats the malfunction here…..
    Last edited by SkateZilla; 01-26-2011, 11:27 AM.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Umm, NHL can You add a Buffalo Player to the All Star Selection, Please.

No, leave them out. They need the rest.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Im ok with the NHL's "no underacheivers in the All Star Game" policy.

Vanek doesn't deserve to be there just because he make more than almost everyone else who is there.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

Vanek doesn't deserve to be there just because he make more than almost everyone else who is there.
        By your logic, Ovechkin should probably be left out too. He's had a down year for sure.

D & S Sports

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

:groan:

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
            By your logic, Ovechkin should probably be left out too. He's had a down year for sure.
            He's 9th in the league in points. It's a down year by his personal standards but still a good year by league standards.

Vaneks been in a sophomore slump for 4 years.
            Last edited by OpIv37; 01-26-2011, 11:55 AM.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
              • Sep 2004

He's 9th in the league in points. It's a down year by his personal standards but still a good year by league standards.

Vaneks been in a sophomore slump for 4 years.
              Vanek is only 10pts behind him, and one in the goal department.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Vanek is only 10pts behind him, and one in the goal department.
                Vanek is 34th in points. That means there are 25 players between him and Vanek, and I guarantee that not all of them are invited to the All Star Game. And I guarantee that most of them make less money and have lower expectations put on them than Vanek does.

Ovechkin had half a season where he didnt live up to his billing as the best player in the world. He has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Vanek has underacheived since he no longer had Briereand Drury to take the pressure off. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. Or an all star spot. Or his paycheck.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i'm cool with all the sabres getting rest. miller has been the only real all-star on the sabres and if he got in this year, it would have been reputation only. The guy has been playing every game after a groin injury after a season where he played most of the games including a long run in the olympics.

Everyone needs the rest. I don't even want to get into the vanek contract $ vs expectation discussion.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    • Sep 2004

Vanek is 34th in points. That means there are 25 players between him and Vanek, and I guarantee that not all of them are invited to the All Star Game. And I guarantee that most of them make less money and have lower expectations put on them than Vanek does.

Ovechkin had half a season where he didnt live up to his billing as the best player in the world. He has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Vanek has underacheived since he no longer had Briereand Drury to take the pressure off. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. Or an all star spot. Or his paycheck.
                    I'm glad Vanek isn't in the all-star game so don't take this is as arguing that he should be, but Vanek has been good this season for the most part. I know he hasn't lived up to his paycheck, but do you realize who is linemates are? Give him a true #1 center and another solid winger and I guarantee his production goes up a ton.

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

either that or get vanek a true number 1 line and let him slide back to being an overproductive #2 winger.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        either that or get vanek a true number 1 line and let him slide back to being an overproductive #2 winger.
                        Nah, with the amount he makes he needs to be on the #1 line. I really think if he had a Spezza type playing C and someone better than Pominville playing on the other side he'd be fine and the least of our concerns.

Roy, Pominville, and Stafford is a solid #2 line. This team lacks a #1. They could in my opinoin add two #1 guys and be a much different looking team.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SkateZilla
                          • Dec 2002

No, leave them out. They need the rest.

Well when you put it that way.....
                          Skate Zilla
                          -----------------------
                          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

I'm glad Vanek isn't in the all-star game so don't take this is as arguing that he should be, but Vanek has been good this season for the most part. I know he hasn't lived up to his paycheck, but do you realize who is linemates are? Give him a true #1 center and another solid winger and I guarantee his production goes up a ton.
                            No, Vanek should be able to do it all by himself. He should be blocking shots for Miller because he makes more than him too.

Comment

• Electrici
                              • May 2003

None of them deserve to be invited. Ennis for the rookie thing is fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X