PDA

View Full Version : Top priority for Carolina is QB

buffalobillsfan95
01-26-2011, 04:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/26/quarterback-is-panthers-top-priority-but-fairley-may-be-top-pick/

Philagape
01-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Please take one :pray:

tampabay25690
01-26-2011, 04:22 PM
They won't take 1 anyway

Bangarang
01-26-2011, 04:52 PM
They're drafting Fairley.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I would laugh, but fairley is going to denver then...

X-Era
01-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Carolina is likely to go defense IMO.

Trade down partner may be a possibility. But if they do, the top QB will still be there at 3 most likely.

Night Train
01-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Then we should grab Clausen for peanuts... because 40 experts here instructed me on his greatness this time last year.

YardRat
01-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Meh...They'll probably go d-line in the first, but the 'good news-bad news' could be the Panthers don't have a second rounder, so they can't wait until then to see who drops. The 'bad' is I think NE has Carolina's pick at 33 so the Pats will toast us on somebody we want.

TacklingDummy
01-26-2011, 07:22 PM
The Bills are picking Peterson, might as well get use to it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Smokescreen, smokescreen, smokescreen.....welcome to pre-draft.

Don't Panic
01-26-2011, 09:14 PM

No doubt....

Beebe's Kid
01-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Smokescreen, smokescreen, smokescreen.....welcome to pre-draft.This is simply not true... The draft is only 3 months away...I am sure that all the teams will lay down their hands and show their cards soon...how else will they be able to coordinate who everybody is going to pick?

Oh, and it's Lombardi...couldn't come from a more reliable "journalist."

DrGraves
01-26-2011, 10:18 PM

they have the number one pick. they have nothing to hide. they can have who they want.

Philagape
01-26-2011, 10:22 PM
they have the number one pick. they have nothing to hide. they can have who they want.

Say another team wants their top-ranked QB badly. If they think Carolina will take a QB, that will give them incentive to trade up.

X-Era
01-27-2011, 06:03 AM
they have the number one pick. they have nothing to hide. they can have who they want.Usually the top team starts negotiating with the guys they are interested in. That ought to let you know.

Extremebillsfan247
01-27-2011, 06:15 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/26/quarterback-is-panthers-top-priority-but-fairley-may-be-top-pick/
Maybe they take a shot at Vince Young?

alohabillsfan
01-27-2011, 11:12 AM
there is no QB worth the #1 slot. You also cannot rule out VY or other FA QB's just because someone said QB is a #! prioity dont assume draft!

FlyingDutchman
01-27-2011, 11:34 AM
I live in Charlotte and Id be shocked it they took a QB #1 without Luck being in the draft

HAMMER
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I live in Charlotte and Id be shocked it they took a QB #1 without Luck being in the draft

Does living in Charlotte provide you with any inside information we should know about?

FlyingDutchman
01-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Does living in Charlotte provide you with any inside information we should know about?

do you think watching every game (unfortunately) and living in panther country, listenting to their talk shows and fans would give me a little better of an idea than most on here?...just said id be shocked relax

Don't Panic
01-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Of course it does. Living in a town gives you much greater perspective on a team. Does a comment like this really need to be made?

better days
01-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Of course it does. Living in a town gives you much greater perspective on a team. Does a comment like this really need to be made?

Agreed. I am sure I know much more about the Bucs myself living in S.W. Fla. than 99% of this board. I hear Bucs talk all the time on the radio & T.V. down here.

HAMMER
01-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Let me rephrase the question, what information do you have that they won't go QB?

FlyingDutchman
01-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Let me rephrase the question, what information do you have that they won't go QB?

am i supposed to have information for saying id be shocked if the Panthers took a QB at 1?

Try rephrasing again..."what makes me feel the Panthers wont choose a QB at 1"

Honestly I dont think Claussen was THAT bad...He had little time to throw the ball with constant pressure in his face. Not having Jeff Otah all season hurt in both the run and the pass. They were not able to get the running game going all season and the loss of Deangelo Willliams mid season didnt help.

Steve Smith seems to have lost a step or just couldnt get open this year...I think most defenses took him out and made the rookie clussen beat them with little pass protection and little run support. Ive said for a while now that I wouldnt be surprised if the Panthers took AJ Green with the first pick. The Panthers have some young talented receivers with David Gettis and Brandon Lefell but the Panthers lack a true big body play making receiver and I think that was their problem all year.

They need to give Jimmy a fair shake with some weapons and proper protection before they just call him a lost cause. Do I think they SHOULD take AJ Green? yes. Will they? probably not. Theyll probably go with Fairley or whoever is seen as the best player, I just dont think they are already going to give up on Claussen when there is no such sure thing like Luck coming out. Happy?

PTI
01-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Panthers won 12 games just 2 years ago with Delhomme as QB (well, I guess it is considered 3 years ago now, 12 wins, to 8 wins with Delhomme, to 2 wins). I think they are closer to winning with a veteran QB.

X-Era
01-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Panthers won 12 games just 2 years ago with Delhomme as QB (well, I guess it is considered 3 years ago now, 12 wins, to 8 wins with Delhomme, to 2 wins). I think they are closer to winning with a veteran QB.I think they are much more likely to get a vet I agree.

better days
01-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Panthers won 12 games just 2 years ago with Delhomme as QB (well, I guess it is considered 3 years ago now, 12 wins, to 8 wins with Delhomme, to 2 wins). I think they are closer to winning with a veteran QB.

Well, losing Peppers was a HUGE loss. If they don't take a QB, they will most likely take Fairley.

HAMMER
01-28-2011, 02:13 PM
am i supposed to have information for saying id be shocked if the Panthers took a QB at 1?

Try rephrasing again..."what makes me feel the Panthers wont choose a QB at 1"

Honestly I dont think Claussen was THAT bad...He had little time to throw the ball with constant pressure in his face. Not having Jeff Otah all season hurt in both the run and the pass. They were not able to get the running game going all season and the loss of Deangelo Willliams mid season didnt help.

Steve Smith seems to have lost a step or just couldnt get open this year...I think most defenses took him out and made the rookie clussen beat them with little pass protection and little run support. Ive said for a while now that I wouldnt be surprised if the Panthers took AJ Green with the first pick. The Panthers have some young talented receivers with David Gettis and Brandon Lefell but the Panthers lack a true big body play making receiver and I think that was their problem all year.

They need to give Jimmy a fair shake with some weapons and proper protection before they just call him a lost cause. Do I think they SHOULD take AJ Green? yes. Will they? probably not. Theyll probably go with Fairley or whoever is seen as the best player, I just dont think they are already going to give up on Claussen when there is no such sure thing like Luck coming out. Happy?

There is nothing in this post that anyone outside of Charlotte doesn't already know. Fail.

Bill Cody
01-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Then we should grab Clausen for peanuts... because 40 experts here instructed me on his greatness this time last year.

dumbass plus small hands = bust

FlyingDutchman
01-28-2011, 04:31 PM
There is nothing in this post that anyone outside of Charlotte doesn't already know. Fail.

everyone outside of charlotte knew my opinion of why id be shocked if they were to take a QB with their first pick?

straight up dude why are you trying to be such a *****?