PDA

View Full Version : Versus Network - WTF?

Cleve
01-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Ok, so according to Time Warner's schedule the Red Wings and the Devils were supposed to play at 7:30 tonight on Versus HD.

However, when I switched to the game, I found instead yet another replay of the All Star Game from a couple years ago, and a little message at the bottom "Due to broadcast restrictions, tonight's game cannot be shown in your local area"

WTF is up with this? These are NOT local teams by any stretch of the imagination. The thing that pisses me off- this is the last night of regular play until the All-Star game break is over, and the last chance to watch a hockey game until next week. Sigh.

G Wolly
01-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Devils are on MSG.

That's why it's a restriction.

Demon
01-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Ok, so according to Time Warner's schedule the Red Wings and the Devils were supposed to play at 7:30 tonight on Versus HD.

However, when I switched to the game, I found instead yet another replay of the All Star Game from a couple years ago, and a little message at the bottom "Due to broadcast restrictions, tonight's game cannot be shown in your local area"

WTF is up with this? These are NOT local teams by any stretch of the imagination. The thing that pisses me off- this is the last night of regular play until the All-Star game break is over, and the last chance to watch a hockey game until next week. Sigh.

I had this too and NJD were not on MSG when i turned it on. Weird.

rbochan
01-27-2011, 07:56 AM
The game was on MSG here in Syracuse.

OpIv37
01-27-2011, 08:38 AM
MSG has at least 3 stations to cover when there are multiple games on at the same time- are you sure NONE of the MSG stations had the Devils game?

SkateZilla
01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
MSG has at least 3 stations to cover when there are multiple games on at the same time- are you sure NONE of the MSG stations had the Devils game?

MSG Didnt cover it because it was supposed to be national, but national blacked it out because of MSG restrictions...... :list:

OpIv37
01-27-2011, 09:34 AM
MSG Didnt cover it because it was supposed to be national, but national blacked it out because of MSG restrictions...... :list:
Idiots.

Cleve
01-30-2011, 04:59 PM
It wasn't on Rochester's MSG channel, that's for sure. Ahh well, All-Star Break is almost over, so it doesn't matter too much.