PDA

View Full Version : The Star Of The Senior Bowl - Bills OL Coach Joe D'Alessandris

Night Train
01-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Anyone that's watched the South practices on NFLN has seen a heavy dose of this guy, working hard with the OL.

His attention to detail is outstanding and gives me long term confidence for our OL. Players would be making mistakes with technique and he'd show them exactly how to correct the flaws. You could see the improvement immediately as the lineman responded in drills.

Excellent coach.

DraftBoy
01-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Completely agree, he's really getting after it. Unlike a few of other coaches who in short cuts appear almost disinterested.

Stewie
01-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Anyone that's watched the South practices on NFLN has seen a heavy dose of this guy, working hard with the OL.

His attention to detail is outstanding and gives me long term confidence for our OL. Players would be making mistakes with technique and he'd show them exactly how to correct the flaws. You could see the improvement immediately as the lineman responded in drills.

Excellent coach.

This is a top 5 offseason post.

Stewie
01-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Completely agree, he's really getting after it. Unlike a few of other coaches who in short cuts appear almost disinterested.

Bills coaches?

justasportsfan
01-27-2011, 10:16 AM
With both Dick and Gailey picking OL players off the streets ,I liked they way our OL has played last year compared to the Dick era. HOw much of that should be credited to Nix/Haley , Alessandris , Gailey or Fitz , I don't know . But IMO the OL is getting better but our run blocking has yet to be fixed.

DraftBoy
01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Bills coaches?

Yep, not that it means anything. Like I said its short cuts. Though Ive heard more than a couple of scouts complain about the lack of physicality in practice, the lack of tempo and speed compared to the North practices.

alohabillsfan
01-27-2011, 11:02 AM
alot harder to have speed and tempo when your teaching.

Mad Max
01-27-2011, 01:09 PM

Excellent coach.

Let's hope that the close up look at these guys nets us a sleeper stud interior lineman or RT as a mid rounder.

better days
01-27-2011, 01:31 PM
alot harder to have speed and tempo when your teaching.

Agreed & I will be very surprised if the South does not win.

Beebe's Kid
01-27-2011, 04:09 PM

Excellent coach.

I made a comment after going to the Bengals preseason game last year, that I was impressed that the OL was huddled up together every time the defense was on the field.

I noticed that did not change all year.

They got together at the end of the bench with JD actually coaching them.

He's impressive, and with a good solid RT, I think our line begins to really solidify and become a strength of our team, believe it or not.

tampabay25690
01-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Agreed & I will be very surprised if the South does not win.

I will be honest the NORTH team looks better....
Look at the upcoming draft the South guys that will be picked early are all JR players.......
I think the QB postion alone is much better on the North..

methos4ever
01-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Don't forget, that high tempo staff was also the one that lost at home by 17+ points after being up big.

I think it's better television to have the guys yelling and hooting and hollering, but as a Bills fan more encouraging to see our guys teaching and wanting the kids to know what their doing and have a purpose.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-28-2011, 09:02 PM
He made Demetrius "The Penalty" Bell look halfway decent for most of the year. That should say a lot.

Night Train
01-30-2011, 06:36 AM
I will be honest the NORTH team looks better....
Look at the upcoming draft the South guys that will be picked early are all JR players.......
I think the QB postion alone is much better on the North..

The North had a much more impressive roster.

The South received far better coaching and it showed.