• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Patrick Peterson...really??

Ok...so I haven't posted here in a while. But in reading though some of the threads of the players who Zoners are hoping/wishing/wanting the Bills to take at 3, I am honestly dumbfounded that some fans are actually entertaining the idea that they should take a CB at #3 overall.

I understand that when you're picking that high in the draft you lean towards BPA, almost always. You hope to never be that high again, so getting "bang for your buck" is what you should be after, especially in the top 5. And yes I also understand that McGee is aging, McKelvin (#11 just 3 drafts ago!) is inconsistant and Florence is an UFA, so I do recognize there is a need to fill the position in some way.

However....GIVE ME A BREAK. Our problem last year was RUN DEFENSE. Please explain to me how drafting a CB with great KR abilities,who needs to work on being more physical and tackling (sound familiar?), is a good idea in any way?

Outside of the Jets, most of the participants that did well in this years playoffs had maybe 1 "top" corner but something else in common....A STOUT FRONT 7 AND GOOD RUN DEFENSE. It's no secret that the key to winning games is stopping the run. How does drafting a corner and commiting $40 mil or so in guarentees to him, solve this problem?

And in our case, if we did draft Peterson and had a lock down secondary, where teams just wouldnt want to try passing, what will they resort to? RUNNING THE BALL. A LOT. On our still non-imporved run D.

I swear some of you guys on here complain so much about how this team operates, watch awful season after awful season...and yet "get on board" or support a decision that makes the least amount of sense possible.

Look I know a draft is 7 rounds and there is also FA, but if anyone on here agrees that at #3 a CB is a good or preferred option...then you better be prepared for more 200+ yard rushing days and wondering why you waste money and time watching this team play.
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Patrick Peterson...really??

If I was to bet I'd say Peterson is a Bill unless Carolina or Denver pick him.

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

Our CB's arnt very good guys.........i would rather go Dline but mcgee is getting older florence is likely gone and idk what to say about mckelvin still have slight hope

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Some people could think that he could be a franchise cb and the others wont be at their respective positions
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Drafting a CB would be stupid...VERY STUPID!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
            Our CB's arnt very good guys.........i would rather go Dline but mcgee is getting older florence is likely gone and idk what to say about mckelvin still have slight hope
            I don't disagree, but I'm not sure that picking a CB at #3 is the best way to compensate for our need at CB.

We've spent way too many high draft picks on skill positions and way too few on the lines. A big NT who can eat blockers or an OLB who can actually get to the QB will make the CB's we have look a LOT better.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
              Ok...so I haven't posted here in a while. But in reading though some of the threads of the players who Zoners are hoping/wishing/wanting the Bills to take at 3, I am honestly dumbfounded that some fans are actually entertaining the idea that they should take a CB at #3 overall.

I understand that when you're picking that high in the draft you lean towards BPA, almost always. You hope to never be that high again, so getting "bang for your buck" is what you should be after, especially in the top 5. And yes I also understand that McGee is aging, McKelvin (#11 just 3 drafts ago!) is inconsistant and Florence is an UFA, so I do recognize there is a need to fill the position in some way.

However....GIVE ME A BREAK. Our problem last year was RUN DEFENSE. Please explain to me how drafting a CB with great KR abilities,who needs to work on being more physical and tackling (sound familiar?), is a good idea in any way?

Outside of the Jets, most of the participants that did well in this years playoffs had maybe 1 "top" corner but something else in common....A STOUT FRONT 7 AND GOOD RUN DEFENSE. It's no secret that the key to winning games is stopping the run. How does drafting a corner and commiting $40 mil or so in guarentees to him, solve this problem?

And in our case, if we did draft Peterson and had a lock down secondary, where teams just wouldnt want to try passing, what will they resort to? RUNNING THE BALL. A LOT. On our still non-imporved run D.

I swear some of you guys on here complain so much about how this team operates, watch awful season after awful season...and yet "get on board" or support a decision that makes the least amount of sense possible.

Look I know a draft is 7 rounds and there is also FA, but if anyone on here agrees that at #3 a CB is a good or preferred option...then you better be prepared for more 200+ yard rushing days and wondering why you waste money and time watching this team play.
              So our problem was run defense meaning we should take the best run defender 3rd overall?

How does that make any draft sense? And there are many ways to defend the run. The Jets do it by having a great CB that can be left all alone and allow them to put more in the box than you can handle.

BPA is the only way.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I don't disagree, but I'm not sure that picking a CB at #3 is the best way to compensate for our need at CB.

We've spent way too many high draft picks on skill positions and way too few on the lines. A big NT who can eat blockers or an OLB who can actually get to the QB will make the CB's we have look a LOT better.
                I agree, OP, but what do we know!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  So our problem was run defense meaning we should take the best run defender 3rd overall?

How does that make any draft sense? And there are many ways to defend the run. The Jets do it by having a great CB that can be left all alone and allow them to put more in the box than you can handle.

BPA is the only way.
                  Nope...can't disagree more. Not when most of the players at the top aren't ranked much higher or lower then each other.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

BPA is the only way.

while I agree with that another way is to not have to put more people in the box either because you have a front 7 that can stop the run and pressure the qb . If you have that, they can make an average db corp look better.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

No I agree I am just saying the pick wouldn't kill me. I know better dline helps stop the run/ cause more pressure better 3rd and distance .....I really think he might be the only sure thing at our spot

I'd rather go dline but if we draft Paterson I don't see it as a huge mistake

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        while I agree with that another way is to not have to put more people in the box either because you have a front 7 that can stop the run and pressure the qb . If you have that, they can make an average db corp look better.
                        Great. So you are saying there are multiple ways to do things. Which is another proof that you just take the BPA.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          Nope...can't disagree more. Not when most of the players at the top aren't ranked much higher or lower then each other.
                          Well if you are comparing Peterson to Dareus then IMO, there is a big difference. Peterson is the best CB to come out since Woodson, most would agree with that, whereas Dareus may not even be the best DL in this draft.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                            Knows More Than You
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            Literally took the words out of my mouth....Peterson is in no way the next Revis or Bailey, just in terms of how he's viewed right now either...
                            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                              Knows More Than You
                              • Feb 2004

Well if you are comparing Peterson to Dareus then IMO, there is a big difference. Peterson is the best CB to come out since Woodson, most would agree with that, whereas Dareus may not even be the best DL in this draft.
                              Please show me who says that about Peterson...because its wrong. I watched many of his games this year and seem to remember him getting ROASTED in the cotton bowl.

Not impressed
                              BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

Working...
                              X