PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Peterson...really??

Italian Stallion
01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Ok...so I haven't posted here in a while. But in reading though some of the threads of the players who Zoners are hoping/wishing/wanting the Bills to take at 3, I am honestly dumbfounded that some fans are actually entertaining the idea that they should take a CB at #3 overall.

I understand that when you're picking that high in the draft you lean towards BPA, almost always. You hope to never be that high again, so getting "bang for your buck" is what you should be after, especially in the top 5. And yes I also understand that McGee is aging, McKelvin (#11 just 3 drafts ago!) is inconsistant and Florence is an UFA, so I do recognize there is a need to fill the position in some way.

However....GIVE ME A BREAK. Our problem last year was RUN DEFENSE. Please explain to me how drafting a CB with great KR abilities,who needs to work on being more physical and tackling (sound familiar?), is a good idea in any way?

Outside of the Jets, most of the participants that did well in this years playoffs had maybe 1 "top" corner but something else in common....A STOUT FRONT 7 AND GOOD RUN DEFENSE. It's no secret that the key to winning games is stopping the run. How does drafting a corner and commiting $40 mil or so in guarentees to him, solve this problem?

And in our case, if we did draft Peterson and had a lock down secondary, where teams just wouldnt want to try passing, what will they resort to? RUNNING THE BALL. A LOT. On our still non-imporved run D.

I swear some of you guys on here complain so much about how this team operates, watch awful season after awful season...and yet "get on board" or support a decision that makes the least amount of sense possible.

Look I know a draft is 7 rounds and there is also FA, but if anyone on here agrees that at #3 a CB is a good or preferred option...then you better be prepared for more 200+ yard rushing days and wondering why you waste money and time watching this team play. :horror:

TacklingDummy
01-27-2011, 11:59 AM
If I was to bet I'd say Peterson is a Bill unless Carolina or Denver pick him.

mikemac2001
01-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Our CB's arnt very good guys.........i would rather go Dline but mcgee is getting older florence is likely gone and idk what to say about mckelvin still have slight hope

justasportsfan
01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Some people could think that he could be a franchise cb and the others wont be at their respective positions

Nighthawk
01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Drafting a CB would be stupid...VERY STUPID!

OpIv37
01-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Our CB's arnt very good guys.........i would rather go Dline but mcgee is getting older florence is likely gone and idk what to say about mckelvin still have slight hope

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure that picking a CB at #3 is the best way to compensate for our need at CB.

We've spent way too many high draft picks on skill positions and way too few on the lines. A big NT who can eat blockers or an OLB who can actually get to the QB will make the CB's we have look a LOT better.

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Ok...so I haven't posted here in a while. But in reading though some of the threads of the players who Zoners are hoping/wishing/wanting the Bills to take at 3, I am honestly dumbfounded that some fans are actually entertaining the idea that they should take a CB at #3 overall.

I understand that when you're picking that high in the draft you lean towards BPA, almost always. You hope to never be that high again, so getting "bang for your buck" is what you should be after, especially in the top 5. And yes I also understand that McGee is aging, McKelvin (#11 just 3 drafts ago!) is inconsistant and Florence is an UFA, so I do recognize there is a need to fill the position in some way.

However....GIVE ME A BREAK. Our problem last year was RUN DEFENSE. Please explain to me how drafting a CB with great KR abilities,who needs to work on being more physical and tackling (sound familiar?), is a good idea in any way?

Outside of the Jets, most of the participants that did well in this years playoffs had maybe 1 "top" corner but something else in common....A STOUT FRONT 7 AND GOOD RUN DEFENSE. It's no secret that the key to winning games is stopping the run. How does drafting a corner and commiting $40 mil or so in guarentees to him, solve this problem?

And in our case, if we did draft Peterson and had a lock down secondary, where teams just wouldnt want to try passing, what will they resort to? RUNNING THE BALL. A LOT. On our still non-imporved run D.

I swear some of you guys on here complain so much about how this team operates, watch awful season after awful season...and yet "get on board" or support a decision that makes the least amount of sense possible.

Look I know a draft is 7 rounds and there is also FA, but if anyone on here agrees that at #3 a CB is a good or preferred option...then you better be prepared for more 200+ yard rushing days and wondering why you waste money and time watching this team play. :horror:
So our problem was run defense meaning we should take the best run defender 3rd overall?

How does that make any draft sense? And there are many ways to defend the run. The Jets do it by having a great CB that can be left all alone and allow them to put more in the box than you can handle.

BPA is the only way.

Nighthawk
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't disagree, but I'm not sure that picking a CB at #3 is the best way to compensate for our need at CB.

We've spent way too many high draft picks on skill positions and way too few on the lines. A big NT who can eat blockers or an OLB who can actually get to the QB will make the CB's we have look a LOT better.

I agree, OP, but what do we know!

Nighthawk
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
So our problem was run defense meaning we should take the best run defender 3rd overall?

How does that make any draft sense? And there are many ways to defend the run. The Jets do it by having a great CB that can be left all alone and allow them to put more in the box than you can handle.

BPA is the only way.

Nope...can't disagree more. Not when most of the players at the top aren't ranked much higher or lower then each other.

justasportsfan
01-27-2011, 12:22 PM

BPA is the only way.

while I agree with that another way is to not have to put more people in the box either because you have a front 7 that can stop the run and pressure the qb . If you have that, they can make an average db corp look better.

mikemac2001
01-27-2011, 12:25 PM

No I agree I am just saying the pick wouldn't kill me. I know better dline helps stop the run/ cause more pressure better 3rd and distance .....I really think he might be the only sure thing at our spot

I'd rather go dline but if we draft Paterson I don't see it as a huge mistake

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 12:33 PM
while I agree with that another way is to not have to put more people in the box either because you have a front 7 that can stop the run and pressure the qb . If you have that, they can make an average db corp look better.
Great. So you are saying there are multiple ways to do things. Which is another proof that you just take the BPA.

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Nope...can't disagree more. Not when most of the players at the top aren't ranked much higher or lower then each other.
Well if you are comparing Peterson to Dareus then IMO, there is a big difference. Peterson is the best CB to come out since Woodson, most would agree with that, whereas Dareus may not even be the best DL in this draft.

Italian Stallion
01-27-2011, 12:38 PM

Literally took the words out of my mouth....Peterson is in no way the next Revis or Bailey, just in terms of how he's viewed right now either...

Italian Stallion
01-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Well if you are comparing Peterson to Dareus then IMO, there is a big difference. Peterson is the best CB to come out since Woodson, most would agree with that, whereas Dareus may not even be the best DL in this draft.

Please show me who says that about Peterson...because its wrong. I watched many of his games this year and seem to remember him getting ROASTED in the cotton bowl.

Not impressed

OpIv37
01-27-2011, 12:41 PM
No I agree I am just saying the pick wouldn't kill me. I know better dline helps stop the run/ cause more pressure better 3rd and distance .....I really think he might be the only sure thing at our spot

I'd rather go dline but if we draft Paterson I don't see it as a huge mistake

fair enough.

OpIv37
01-27-2011, 12:44 PM
BPA is the only way.

Seriously?

We are a team with a LOT of needs. We're picking THIRD, which means only two players are off the board.

BPA? Is there really that big of a gap between, say, Peterson and the best DL or OLB or OT available?

Are there 3 guys that are really heads and tails above the rest, to the point where it means we're reaching if we don't take the one that's left at #3? Because for a team with so many holes, that's the only way that BPA comes into play.

TedMock
01-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Is there really that big of a gap between, say, Peterson and the best DL or OLB or OT available?

The gap between Peterson and the best DL is probably close on most boards in which case you can "cheat" and lean toward the greater need.

The gap between Peterson and the best LB or OT is probably huge on most boards. So there would be a no-brainer if it came down to that.

Realistically, I still see Peterson or Dareus as making the most sense. I like Fairley and Bowers too, but I just don't see them in quite the same conversation in the Bills war room.

Mad Max
01-27-2011, 12:56 PM
I just hope that BOTH Carolina and Denver have Peterson as their BAP, that way even if one of them strays from their board the odds will be very good that the other will take him.

We need to fortify the DL. Our secondary will magically improve when opposing QB's don't have 5+ seconds of Kelsay not pressuring them.

FlyingDutchman
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
How do we draft 4 cornerbacks each draft and still suck at it.....

psubills62
01-27-2011, 01:03 PM

Put Dick Jauron in charge and you'd be surprised exactly how many things you can suck at.

EDS
01-27-2011, 01:07 PM

Is Peterson a better cover guy than Amukamara? He is likely a better athlete and returner, but is he a better cover corner?

better days
01-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Drafting a CB would be stupid...VERY STUPID!

Almost as stupid as drafting a WR at #3.

OpIv37
01-27-2011, 01:17 PM

it's nauseating really.

We picked an RB in the first round in 2003 and 2007 plus found Fred Jackson as a UDFA and STILL needed to use a 1st round draft pick on an RB in 2010.

That's one of the reasons this team never gets ahead- we're constantly re-drafting the same positions.

TedMock
01-27-2011, 01:31 PM
it's nauseating really.

We picked an RB in the first round in 2003 and 2007 plus found Fred Jackson as a UDFA and STILL needed to use a 1st round draft pick on an RB in 2010.

That's one of the reasons this team never gets ahead- we're constantly re-drafting the same positions.

This is all very true. The main difference was last year I honestly felt that we took the BPA at the spot. Obviously, he didn't have the year we hoped. Hopefully he turns out to be a great pick.

All the other re-drafting were done primarily due to reaching for need. Part of why we reached for need was that we let quality players walk. It's been mismanaged from top down. Winfield, Clements, Greer all walked. Eventually, we reached for McKelvin. Yes, McKelvin was highly regarded by most coming out, but he was certainly not BPA and he was only a big need for reasons already mentioned. Whitner was a reach based on need. Lynch was less of a reach at the time, but a reach none-the-less and a reach based on need.

Magahee was neither BPA nor a need. Travis Henry just came off two apprx 1400 yard seasons and was under contract. There were certainly other players with higher grades at the time too. This one was nothing more than Donahoe getting cute and gambling. This was an ego move.

Tatonka
01-27-2011, 01:34 PM

did woodson get smoked in his bowl game right before the draft too?

no way this guy is the best available player in the draft.. if he is.. then this draft is a pile of ****.

Tatonka
01-27-2011, 01:36 PM
if you want a CB so bad, the oakland guy, Asamawonga (killed his name im sure), is a free agent and one of the better corners in the league.. and he would actually probably make LESS than the 3rd overall pick will.. i will friggen puke if we took a cb.

Beebe's Kid
01-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Before we burn down the Ralph, what I think we should do is move the draft back...instead of having it tonight, we'll do it in April.

In addition to changing the date, we are going to get all the guys that would like to be a part of the this draft together, and we'll interview them, as well as have them participate in several drills. We'll look at the game tape.

I know that everybody's draft position is pretty much locked in, but maybe doing a little more research will change things. I don't know...just a thought. It would be nice to check these guys out a little more...especially since you are obviously really upset that we drafted Peterson.

Beebe's Kid
01-27-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.noprescriptionxanax.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/xanax1mg1-300x229.jpg

TedMock
01-27-2011, 01:58 PM
did woodson get smoked in his bowl game right before the draft too?

no way this guy is the best available player in the draft.. if he is.. then this draft is a pile of ****.

In all fairness, this is overstating it a bit. He gave up 7 for 83 to an awesome 220lbs WR and he did so playing off coverage - something that he rarely did all season. Why was he playing off? I have no idea. The guy is one of the best press-coverage guys I've ever seen and in a huge game, the staff changes the scheme. Not sure what that was about.

I'm not pounding the table to draft this kid. I do like him quite a bit, but I like a few others as well. There are probably 4 guys that I would be happy with at number 3. There have been (not by you) a couple of incorrect statements made about him though and if we're going to discuss drafting him, we should be accurate. Somebody said he needs to work on his physical game and tackling. This is not even close to being true. Actually, he's at his best when playing physically and he is a very sound, fundamental open-field tackler when he breaks down. He does show weakness in overpursuing at times and that's something he'll definitely need to work on.

The other things we really need to consider are free agency and depth of position in the draft. If we land Aso from Oakland, then obviously Peterson is not in consideration. If we don't, but truly believe that this draft is loaded with quality DL, then why not consider Peterson at one? It's not just the number 3 pick with no other circumstances. We have 8 picks and free agency to consider.

justasportsfan
01-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Great. So you are saying there are multiple ways to do things. Which is another proof that you just take the BPA.

Whose to say that Dareus is not a BPA or equal to Peterson on Nix's board? He also fills a BIGGER need .

k-oneputt
01-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Before we burn down the Ralph, what I think we should do is move the draft back...instead of having it tonight, we'll do it in April.

In addition to changing the date, we are going to get all the guys that would like to be a part of the this draft together, and we'll interview them, as well as have them participate in several drills. We'll look at the game tape.

I know that everybody's draft position is pretty much locked in, but maybe doing a little more research will change things. I don't know...just a thought. It would be nice to check these guys out a little more...especially since you are obviously really upset that we drafted Peterson.

Yeah that's great because our scouting dept. has done such a great job at this the last decade.

It's the philosphy of drafting small instead of big. So we will draft another d-back to start another decade of winning.

Joe Fo Sho
01-27-2011, 02:12 PM
I dislike the idea of drafting a CB, too. But let's say Nnamdi was in this draft...or Revis, or a young Champ Bailey. I would take those guys with our 3rd pick. I'm not saying Peterson is that good, or even good at all I don't know much about him, but I would be glad to get someone of that caliber.

Take a look at our last 10 1st round picks... I would be happy with a STUD at ANY position at this point.

HAMMER
01-27-2011, 02:14 PM
What if I told you Peterson was the next Polamalu, or Ed Reed. What would you say to him at 3 then? There are many who feel he could be better suited for safety in the NFL. He has the kind of ball skills and ability that both of those players have. Can he become that player is the question.

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Many would say that Greer, Clements, Winfield, McGee and McKelvin worked out.

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Whose to say that Dareus is not a BPA or equal to Peterson on Nix's board? He also fills a BIGGER need .
I don't agree that he fills a bigger need. I like our DL. I think Carrington, Williams, Troup, Edwards, Stroud is a solid group.

Look at our CBs. McKelvin is good IMO but is still learning to be that consistently. McGee is old. Florence is FA and got picked on a bit this year. We're losing Whitner it looks like.

That leaves only McKelvin (who hasn't reached potential) as our only CB with any future and Byrd who had a bit of a sophomore slump, although I still think he is solid.

So two guys.

Mad Max
01-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I dislike the idea of drafting a CB, too. But let's say Nnamdi was in this draft...or Revis, or a young Champ Bailey. I would take those guys with our 3rd pick. I'm not saying Peterson is that good, or even good at all I don't know much about him, but I would be glad to get someone of that caliber.

Take a look at our last 10 1st round picks... I would be happy with a STUD at ANY position at this point.

But would you take them in lieu of Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, or Jared Allen?

We're picking high enough that that's the kind of decision we're going to have. I'm taking Dwight all day every day.

k-oneputt
01-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Many would say that Greer, Clements, Winfield, McGee and McKelvin worked out.

How many play-off games did these guys win in Buffalo again ?

k-oneputt
01-27-2011, 02:18 PM
And what if Dareus becomes Ngata or Bowers becomes Peppers.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Step 1, if Tom Brady is in this draft, do you pick him in your turn?

Step 2, now if you blieve QB xxx is going to be Tom Brady caliber down the road, would you pick him in your turn?

So now change to another scenario:
If Revis is in this draft, yes that Revis from the Jets, would you pick him regardless of your needs?

Next if you believe Peterson is going to be Revis caliber in a couple of years, do you pick him?

I am so much out of this needs or prototype garbage; I want the Bills to pick a star of ANY position.

Just pick a STAR at #3.

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 02:22 PM
How many play-off games did these guys win in Buffalo again ?
I doubt it was their fault. No OL and no DL has been our problem. Since the move to the 3-4 no LBs has taken over the DL problem which I see as solved.

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Step 1, if Tom Brady is in this draft, do you pick him in your turn?

Step 2, now if you blieve QB xxx is going to be Tom Brady caliber down the road, would you pick him in your turn?

So now change to another scenario:
If Revis is in this draft, yes that Revis from the Jets, would you pick him regardless of your needs?

Next if you believe Peterson is going to be Revis caliber in a couple of years, do you pick him?

I am so much out of this needs or prototype garbage; I want the Bills to pick a star of ANY position.

Just pick a STAR at #3.
That is the key line right there. They MUST pick the player they believe has the best shot at becoming a chronic ProBowler.

If that guy is AJ Green you take him. Although if it's between Green and Peterson, I see them as equal in terms of value. So Peterson should be the guy IMO.

mikemac2001
01-27-2011, 02:32 PM
That is the key line right there. They MUST pick the player they believe has the best shot at becoming a chronic ProBowler.

If that guy is AJ Green you take him. Although if it's between Green and Peterson, I see them as equal in terms of value. So Peterson should be the guy IMO.

Thats the thing i can't really get mad at a green or paterson pick if they are studs for years.......i would take that over a solid Dline starter.......but who knows it could be the opposite

Dline could be stud and green and paterson are solid starters

k-oneputt
01-27-2011, 02:33 PM
I doubt it was their fault. No OL and no DL has been our problem. Since the move to the 3-4 no LBs has taken over the DL problem which I see as solved.

I agree w/you, it was the ol and dl that was the problem. So why would we pass on a premium linemen when we already know drafting small gets you no where.

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree w/you, it was the ol and dl that was the problem. So why would we pass on a premium linemen when we already know drafting small gets you no where.
Because our DL is fine now. Our problem is the 4 guys behind them. Not one of them is considered a good player. And many will say Poz but I don't agree. Poz is not a good run stuffer and gets beat a lot in coverage whether it's RBs or TEs.

tampabay25690
01-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Please show me who says that about Peterson...because its wrong. I watched many of his games this year and seem to remember him getting ROASTED in the cotton bowl.

Not impressed

The guy had a bad bowl game I agree....
But this guy is the real deal.
IF you actually watched his games you would see this guy is a game changer...
If you don't think he has the skills of a Champ or Revis then you haven't watched any of his games.....This guy could be better IMO.......

k-oneputt
01-27-2011, 02:51 PM
No argument here on Poz.
As for the d-line, I don't see it. You can never have enough good dl and from what I see we have exactly one guy who may be considered above average. A couple of high draft picks that have shown next to nothing, a free agent that looked pretty good before getting injured, a couple of marginal players, and an old guy. That's how I see it.

tampabay25690
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Because our DL is fine now. Our problem is the 4 guys behind them. Not one of them is considered a good player. And many will say Poz but I don't agree. Poz is not a good run stuffer and gets beat a lot in coverage whether it's RBs or TEs.

Well said........
The problem is behind are line no doubt.
Don't get me wrong I like Dareus, Fairley and Bowers.....But Peterson who I think will be gone before our pick anyway is NFL ready and can play from day 1....
YOU have to be a ELITE D-Line guy to make an impact from day 1.....
Suh who was IMO the best player in the draft last year has done that........
Peterson IMO is the best all around player in the draft......

From the 2nd round to the 5th there are a ton of LB prospects but in the 1st round there are only a few. Von Miller is absolutely killing it at the SR bowl right now......

Mahdi
01-27-2011, 03:01 PM
No argument here on Poz.
As for the d-line, I don't see it. You can never have enough good dl and from what I see we have exactly one guy who may be considered above average. A couple of high draft picks that have shown next to nothing, a free agent that looked pretty good before getting injured, a couple of marginal players, and an old guy. That's how I see it.
Carrington and Troup were really coming on in the last quarter of the season and we all saw KW the PBer.

Dwan Edwards was top of the league in tackles and Stroud was solid although unspectacular. I actually think we are deep at DL now that guys like Stroud, Carrington and Troup can be rotated in.

tampabay25690
01-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Carrington and Troup were really coming on in the last quarter of the season and we all saw KW the PBer.

Dwan Edwards was top of the league in tackles and Stroud was solid although unspectacular. I actually think we are deep at DL now that guys like Stroud, Carrington and Troup can be rotated in.

DL is getting better and guys like TROUP and Carrington will contnue to get better...
We definitely need some depth at the LB position.....
I can see the Bills going 6 different directions at #3...........

I would be fine with Peterson, Fairley, Bowers, Dareus......
**** Von Miller is looking good coming off the OLB spot.........
Who knows what will happen.....
I will say I don't think the Bills should go AJ GREEN WR is a nice group that we have....

justasportsfan
01-27-2011, 03:12 PM
I like our DL. I think Carrington, Williams, Troup, Edwards, Stroud is a solid group.

the results show otherwise. Francise record yards given up? This DL is not fine. I know we need better lbers but the DL has a lot to do with our crappy run game.

justasportsfan
01-27-2011, 03:16 PM
DL is getting better and guys like TROUP and Carrington will contnue to get better...

While that COULD happen, it remains to be seen. If we were to base things on "you're only as good as your last game" we sucked vs. the jets' back ups. We gave rush 200 yards vs. them. The week before we gave up 200 vs. the pats. The DL had a lot to do with that.

better days
01-27-2011, 03:18 PM

Well, would you take Nnamdi or Revis or Champ Bailey over Reggie White or Bruceeee Smith? NOT ME!!!!!!!

Nobody knows in advance how good players will be. I would much rather take my chances on a BIG guy in this draft because it much harder to find good big men than good smaller men. And you can add to that the Bills NEED big men much more so than DB's.

justasportsfan
01-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I like our DL.

this is why bills fans are accused of accepting mediocrity. This DL gave up franchise record yards. Assuming they even get better without adding anything to this DL MAYBE they will be at the middle of the pack which is mediocre. Mediocre is NOT good enough in the AFCE. The Pats will toy around with our DL and The jets OL will out muscle our DL.

better days
01-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Thats the thing i can't really get mad at a green or paterson pick if they are studs for years.......i would take that over a solid Dline starter.......but who knows it could be the opposite

Dline could be stud and green and paterson are solid starters

Exactly. It is all a gamble & I would rather see the Bills gamble on a big guy than a small one.

Luisito23
01-27-2011, 03:27 PM

LOL...Yeah, you keep thinking that, and maybe next season we'll average 300 yds. a game against the run.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I personally want dareus, but there are dline players in the 2nd and 3rd/4th that we can take later in the draft if we take peterson at 3.

christian ballard
phil taylor
allen bailey
cedric thornton
lawrence guy
kenrick ellis
marvin austin
jarvis jenkins
corey liuget
cameron heyward

better days
01-27-2011, 03:35 PM
this is why bills fans are accused of accepting mediocrity. This DL gave up franchise record yards. Assuming they even get better without adding anything to this DL MAYBE they will be at the middle of the pack which is mediocre. Mediocre is NOT good enough in the AFCE. The Pats will toy around with our DL and The jets OL will out muscle our DL.

Exactly. At a time when some people on this board are criticizing the WR's & want to take one with the 3rd pick in the draft, there are some that think the DL is fine? What is wrong with this picture?

tampabay25690
01-27-2011, 03:36 PM
While that COULD happen, it remains to be seen. If we were to base things on "you're only as good as your last game" we sucked vs. the jets' back ups. We gave rush 200 yards vs. them. The week before we gave up 200 vs. the pats. The DL had a lot to do with that.

The last 2 games the Bills sucked period Defense or offense.
I do know 1 thing the whole talk about Brian Brohm is the future is finally done..........
The Bills need to improve in there overall depth of this team.....

better days
01-27-2011, 03:40 PM
I personally want dareus, but there are dline players in the 2nd and 3rd/4th that we can take later in the draft if we take peterson at 3.

christian ballard
phil taylor
allen bailey
cedric thornton
lawrence guy
kenrick ellis
marvin austin
jarvis jenkins
corey liuget
cameron heyward

Yeah, well I'm sure there are also DB's & WR's available later in the draft as well. The best chance of getting a GOOD player is in the 1st rnd. It is all a gamble. NOBODY knows how good a college player will be in the NFL, but I would rather see the Bills gamble on the big guy than a DB or WR myself.

better days
01-27-2011, 03:49 PM
I do know 1 thing the whole talk about Brian Brohm is the future is finally done..........
The Bills need to improve in there overall depth of this team.....

Before we worry about depth, how about we get some STARTERS.

tampabay25690
01-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Before we worry about depth, how about we get some STARTERS.

understand that....What does overall mean?

better days
01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
understand that....What does overall mean?

I took it to mean at every position they need depth, which they do.

tampabay25690
01-27-2011, 04:35 PM
I took it to mean at every position they need depth, which they do.

Yes starters included.....
We started guys that probably wouldnt make rosters......

justasportsfan
01-27-2011, 04:57 PM
i agree ,but this thread is about the D. If our run d was anywhere in the middle of the league then I could say, we're okay. This d was dead last and more so I don't know how anyone can say this DL is okay.

better days
01-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Yes starters included.....
We started guys that probably wouldnt make rosters......

Agreed, that was my point.

djjimkelly
01-27-2011, 05:40 PM
it's nauseating really.

couldnt have said it better my man

draft skilled 300 pound men and u wont go wrong

Bert102176
01-27-2011, 06:23 PM
I say QB, LB, OL, WR, TE are our main areas of need since Luck stayed in school aj green is the only top ranked pic to be close enough to be takin in the top 3 IMO

better days
01-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I say QB, LB, OL, WR, TE are our main areas of need since Luck stayed in school aj green is the only top ranked pic to be close enough to be takin in the top 3 IMO

I say if Green is truly worth the #3 pick in the draft, TRADE DOWN. but not too far.

Extremebillsfan247
01-27-2011, 08:59 PM

I don't think it's people here hoping we get Peterson, its probably a lot more of an acceptance of what may be inevitable. When listening to the Bills front office speak about the draft, what is the thing you hear most from them? "Best player available regardless of position". At 3 that could very well be Peterson whether we like him or not. The ones hopping on board I would think are doing so to try, and show some faith in what this staff is doing in hoping that it will some how work resulting in wins at some point. This is just my opinion though.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah, well I'm sure there are also DB's & WR's available later in the draft as well. The best chance of getting a GOOD player is in the 1st rnd. It is all a gamble. NOBODY knows how good a college player will be in the NFL, but I would rather see the Bills gamble on the big guy than a DB or WR myself.

you have to understand dude, when you pick in the top 5, let alone top 3, you must take bpa. now me personally, i think dareus is right up there with peterson. maybe peterson is slightly better, but i would take dareus. but i cant blame nix for taking another projected charles woodson... plus the 1st rd is not what makes a draft, it helps, but along with hitting on your 1st rd pick, we have to hit on our other picks as well...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-27-2011, 10:04 PM
above anything else, i want this pick to start day 1 and make a big impact! a pro bowler from the start. take bpa

better days
01-27-2011, 11:46 PM
you have to understand dude, when you pick in the top 5, let alone top 3, you must take bpa. now me personally, i think dareus is right up there with peterson. maybe peterson is slightly better, but i would take dareus. but i cant blame nix for taking another projected charles woodson... plus the 1st rd is not what makes a draft, it helps, but along with hitting on your 1st rd pick, we have to hit on our other picks as well...

I agree, that is why I say if Green is worth the #3 pick, trade down & get extra picks. I would rather move down a few picks & get an exta 2nd rnd pick than to draft a WR or CB at #3.

madness
01-28-2011, 07:51 AM
We better not trade down. We're trying to get top shelf talent not some more mediocre talent.

better days
01-28-2011, 07:56 AM
We better not trade down. We're trying to get top shelf talent not some more mediocre talent.

OK I guess there is no top shelf talent in the NFL drafted after the 3rd pick.

Jan Reimers
01-28-2011, 08:51 AM
I think it comes down to the old BPA vs. need argument. I understand those that say we should always take the BPA, regardless. And Peterson may be that guy at 3.

But it seems like the Bills in recent years have taken predominantly CBs, RBs, WRs, and a Safety - Spiller, McKelvin, Lynch, Whitner, Evans et. al. with their first round picks - maybe thinking they were BPAs.

Putting aside the argument about whether these really were the best players (most were not), the question becomes, if you constantly pick BPA, and you always have a skill player rated there, how do you build your defensive and offensive lines, where games are generally won?

Extremebillsfan247
01-28-2011, 10:09 AM
I think it comes down to the old BPA vs. need argument. I understand those that say we should always take the BPA, regardless. And Peterson may be that guy at 3.

But it seems like the Bills in recent years have taken predominantly CBs, RBs, WRs, and a Safety - Spiller, McKelvin, Lynch, Whitner, Evans et. al. with their first round picks - maybe thinking they were BPAs.

Putting aside the argument about whether these really were the best players (most were not), the question becomes, if you constantly pick BPA, and you always have a skill player rated there, how do you build your defensive and offensive lines, where games are generally won?
The only problem is that it isn't fans saying we should take the BPA. Go watch some Nix interviews when he talks about the draft and you might be amazed at how many times best player available comes out of his mouth. It's the same philosophy used in the Bills justification for drafting CJ Spiller last year when we already had 2 very capable running backs on the roster.

DraftBoy
01-28-2011, 10:22 AM

In what world is our DL fine? Our entire front 7 is atrocious, hell Ill go a step further our entire defense is a joke. I have no issue blowing the entire D up and starting over.

Keep Troup, Carrington, and Moats and start anew. Trade KW for some picks and lets get to work. Time to stop ****ing around with mediocrity.

better days
01-28-2011, 10:50 AM
The only problem is that it isn't fans saying we should take the BPA. Go watch some Nix interviews when he talks about the draft and you might be amazed at how many times best player available comes out of his mouth. It's the same philosophy used in the Bills justification for drafting CJ Spiller last year when we already had 2 very capable running backs on the roster.

Well that does not preclude trading down & then taking the BPA at that draft position.

I think last year the Bills front office knew they wanted to move Lynch before the draft.

Jan Reimers
01-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I guess I would feel more comfortable with BPA if the Bills' talent evaluators could actually identify the BPA. Picks like Spiller, Lynch, Maybin, McKelvin and Whitner don't inspire a lot of confidence that they can do that, however.

If Peterson is truly a great CB, fine. But if we pass on a Dareus or Bowers, and Peterson turns out to be McWhitbin, the draft will be another fiasco.

justasportsfan
01-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I would be ok with Peterson as long as we address the DL via FA.

DraftBoy
01-28-2011, 11:31 AM
I guess I would feel more comfortable with BPA if the Bills' talent evaluators could actually identify the BPA. Picks like Spiller, Lynch, Maybin, McKelvin and Whitner don't inspire a lot of confidence that they can do that, however.

If Peterson is truly a great CB, fine. But if we pass on a Dareus or Bowers, and Peterson turns out to be McWhitbin, the draft will be another fiasco.

Peterson could end up being the best player in this draft, he is that good. Right now he's arguably a top 10-15 CB in this league without ever playing a down, that's how well I think his talent will translate.

HOWEVER we should only take Peterson if we are going to commit to an aggressive and physical style of coverage. If they take Peterson and dare try and play him in off coverage Im going to raise hell to the high heavens about how ******ed and ass backwards this coaching staff and FO are. Peterson in off coverage is a bad fit.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Peterson could end up being the best player in this draft, he is that good. Right now he's arguably a top 10-15 CB in this league without ever playing a down, that's how well I think his talent will translate.

HOWEVER we should only take Peterson if we are going to commit to an aggressive and physical style of coverage. If they take Peterson and dare try and play him in off coverage Im going to raise hell to the high heavens about how ******ed and ass backwards this coaching staff and FO are. Peterson in off coverage is a bad fit.

i agree! if we draft him, he needs to be put on the top wr, man to man, bump and run, in your face coverage. on an island. deion sanders style. thats why you draft a corner this high, because he can do that....

Bill Cody
01-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I think if Peterson is on the board at 3 we may have quite a lot of interest in our pick. That's also what scares me. Normally you'd say "this team has a terrible roster we need all the picks we can". Um...yeah but who doesn't have the nagging fear we'll figure out a way to turn a $100 bill into 3 tens?

Extremebillsfan247
01-28-2011, 12:11 PM

For lack of a better analogy, they all seem to buzz around the same turd in the punch bowl, Tom Modrak lol How on earth this guy hasn't been fired yet is beyond my grasp of understanding.

better days
01-28-2011, 12:27 PM

I would think any CB worthy of the 3rd pick should be able to play in any coverage.

madness
01-28-2011, 12:55 PM

we really need to stop going down this road. Nix's (not the former regime's) track record speaks for itself and it would be absolutely ridiculous to count out Spiller at this point. His talent isn't in question, he just needs to learn a few things and he'll take off.

Nix left Buffalo with John Butler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Butler_%28American_football%29) and A. J. Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Smith) after the 2000 season. He was initially the Director of Pro Player Personnel (2000–2001), but after Butler died, Smith was promoted to General Manager, and Nix to Assistant General Manager. Nix's job with the Chargers was to oversee both pro and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team. In 2004, three players Nix drafted were selected to the 2005 Pro Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Pro_Bowl). In 2005, six players Nix drafted were selected to the 2006 Pro Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Pro_Bowl). In 2006, eleven players Nix drafted were selected to the 2007 Pro Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Pro_Bowl). In 2007, eight players Nix drafted were selected to the 2008 Pro Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Pro_Bowl).
The Chargers won four out of the last five AFC West (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFC_West) titles with Nix as Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel, in charge of college scouting and instrumental to the decision making process of their NFL drafts.

Who would not want Nix to try to replicate the kind of success he had at SD?

Mahdi
01-28-2011, 01:35 PM
LOL...Yeah, you keep thinking that, and maybe next season we'll average 300 yds. a game against the run.
There are several factors here.

1. Young guys improving. Again, we invested two high picks on the DL for a reason. So that this year they would be ready to make big contributions. How does bringing in another rookie who needs to learn going to help this DL. DL players especially need time.

2. We brought in Edwards who was solid and Stroud was in his first year as a DE. KW had a PB year and will only get more comfortable.

3. IMO our DL was often in position to stop the run, yet how come we rarely EVER saw LBs flashing through the LoS to make plays? The same way you see Urlacher, Hawk, Harris, Lewis, Scott etc doing?

Defending the run is at least a 7 man job if not 8. IMO, blaming 3 players out of 8 is far fetched, especially considering we know for a FACT that the 4 players behind them were average at best (Poz) and below average everywhere else at stopping the run (Ayodele, Kelsay, Moats).

There is a darn good reason Nix was quoted at the senior bowl saying "we need a COUPLE of big fast ILBs that can stop the run" ie. Poz and Ayodele failed.

Philagape
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Where's the guy who keeps using metrics to glorify Poz? I'd like to see that fight. :popcorn:

k-oneputt
01-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Where's the guy who keeps using metrics to glorify Poz? I'd like to see that fight. :popcorn:

Poz is an NFL backup or a marginal NFL starter if you have talent around him and he doesn't have to be the top dog.

DraftBoy
01-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I would think any CB worthy of the 3rd pick should be able to play in any coverage.

He can play in any coverage, but he is dominant as a man up in your face physical style cover.

Bill Cody
01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
we really need to stop going down this road. Nix's (not the former regime's) track record speaks for itself and it would be absolutely ridiculous to count out Spiller at this point. His talent isn't in question, he just needs to learn a few things and he'll take off. Who would not want Nix to try to replicate the kind of success he had at SD?

What he did or didn't do in SD interests me a whole lot less than what he does or doesn't do here. Guys seem to get dumber when they get to WNY.

cookie G
01-28-2011, 02:41 PM

Part of the problem is that people need to define what the "BPA" really is.

did you ever notice that the "BPA" from a Bills standpoint, (at least over the last decade), always seems to be a skill player or a DB?

Depending on how you look at it, that might be the Best Athlete Available, but not the Best Player Available.

The BPA argument is used when its a little guy, but rarely for a big guy.

The most obvious example is the Ngata fiasco. Was Ngata a better player than Whitner? Better believe it. But somehow, the "need" for a fast, C2 safety crept into the argument, along with the Al Davis-like fetish for speed.

When we took McLovin', was he the BPA? Possibly the best BAA, but was he a better player than Clady or Brandon Albert? Not even close. But we had Peters and spent a lot of money on Dockery, so we didn't "need" them, and the BPA argument went by the wayside.

Its used when its convenient.

Teams like the Ravens and Steelers have a different meaning of what, or who, the BPA is. I think they define "player" a little differently. That's why they're constantly loading up on D7 and OL.

Even with a good Oline, the Ravens are taking a guy like Ben Grubbs or Michael Oher with their first pick.

Even with a dominating defense, the Steelers are taking a Ziggy Hood with their first pick.

I think when they're discussing "BPA", they're thinking OL and D7 are usually the better players.

The Bills of the last decade, on the other hand, have been taking the Pop Warner approach. Watch a Pop Warner game and you'll always see that one fast little kid who can always outrun and out dance everyone, or the kid who runs down every pass and has 3 ints per game.

We keep looking for that kid.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Part of the problem is that people need to define what the "BPA" really is.

did you ever notice that the "BPA" from a Bills standpoint, (at least over the last decade), always seems to be a skill player or a DB?

Depending on how you look at it, that might be the Best Athlete Available, but not the Best Player Available.

The BPA argument is used when its a little guy, but rarely for a big guy.

The most obvious example is the Ngata fiasco. Was Ngata a better player than Whitner? Better believe it. But somehow, the "need" for a fast, C2 safety crept into the argument, along with the Al Davis-like fetish for speed.

When we took McLovin', was he the BPA? Possibly the best BAA, but was he a better player than Clady or Brandon Albert? Not even close. But we had Peters and spent a lot of money on Dockery, so we didn't "need" them, and the BPA argument went by the wayside.

Its used when its convenient.

Teams like the Ravens and Steelers have a different meaning of what, or who, the BPA is. I think they define "player" a little differently. That's why they're constantly loading up on D7 and OL.

Even with a good Oline, the Ravens are taking a guy like Ben Grubbs or Michael Oher with their first pick.

Even with a dominating defense, the Steelers are taking a Ziggy Hood with their first pick.

I think when they're discussing "BPA", they're thinking OL and D7 are usually the better players.

The Bills of the last decade, on the other hand, have been taking the Pop Warner approach. Watch a Pop Warner game and you'll always see that one fast little kid who can always outrun and out dance everyone, or the kid who runs down every pass and has 3 ints per game.

We keep looking for that kid.

i think dareus and peterson are closer in bpa then people think... keep in mind, dareus missed the first 2 games, and then sprained his ankle in the first game back, he wasnt 100% until the bowl game against mich st. he then dominated and made their oline look like little girls..

also people who say bpa and take green or peterson are not counting the value of the position. a very good dlineman would have more value then a great corner. a great qb has more value then a wr, a great pass rusher has more value then a mlb, etc. so if dareus is even close to "bpa", he should be the pick. jmo

X-Era
01-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Peterson is a top 2 player in this draft IMO.

Your post assumes our run defense will only get better if we draft one player at 3.

Any good team would have already done a significant amount of work toward making the run D better before the draft even starts.

And yes, if theres a new CBA, I anticipate us making improvements to our D before the draft.

Ask yourself this question: If the Bills have already made significant improvements to the D by draft day and won't draft a DL at 3, who would you then take?

cookie G
01-28-2011, 11:12 PM
i think dareus and peterson are closer in bpa then people think... keep in mind, dareus missed the first 2 games, and then sprained his ankle in the first game back, he wasnt 100% until the bowl game against mich st. he then dominated and made their oline look like little girls..

also people who say bpa and take green or peterson are not counting the value of the position. a very good dlineman would have more value then a great corner. a great qb has more value then a wr, a great pass rusher has more value then a mlb, etc. so if dareus is even close to "bpa", he should be the pick. jmo

I definitely agree with the 2nd paragraph. Over the last decade, I think Bills' management have conditioned Bills' fans to discount the value of the O-line and D7. For so many years, the management attitude of "we can get anyone to fill that position", has been played over and over so often, I think people start to believe it. So, its impossible for an OL or a D7 player to be considered a "rare talent". If you can get anyone off the street to handle the position, how can anyone be special?

hey, he's 6'5" and 315, he'll be great for us. Its why last year, people thought we were OK at DT because we had Jamon Meredith, and made the position stronger by drafting Ed Wang. Its the same reason some think Troupe had a good rookie year.

YardRat
01-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Run and stop the run, baby...It never gets old.

Build from the trenches out...a solid o-line and front seven allows your skill positions to be interchangeable, and can help them out-perform their 'status'.

It's no coincidence that back in the day Reich and Davis could spell Kelly and Thomas and we would still win, or reach the Super Bowl with guys like Kirby Jackson in the secondary.

Mad Max
01-29-2011, 02:53 AM

Build from the trenches out...a solid o-line and front seven allows your skill positions to be interchangeable, and can help them out-perform their 'status'.

It's no coincidence that back in the day Reich and Davis could spell Kelly and Thomas and we would still win, or reach the Super Bowl with guys like Kirby Jackson in the secondary.

We had elite skill position talent during the Super Bowl run, only problem was we were ALWAYS severely overmatched in the trenches.

Learn from history or doom yourself to repeat it. Pay attention Ralph.

Fk Patrick Peterson. He's a cherry, when we don't have a sundae to put him on.

YardRat
01-29-2011, 06:18 AM
We had elite skill position talent during the Super Bowl run, only problem was we were ALWAYS severely overmatched in the trenches.

Learn from history or doom yourself to repeat it. Pay attention Ralph.

Fk Patrick Peterson. He's a cherry, when we don't have a sundae to put him on.

We obviously agree on the basic philosophy, but I'm not sure it's fair to qualify those years' philosophy as mistakes considering...

1-We had first round talent on the lines (Richter, Wolford, Ballard would've been if not for a great heist by Polian...Smith, Hanson dropped to us)

2-Look at where the elite talent came from...
--The third QB in the '83 draft, our second choice, who missed half his senior season with a broken leg.
--A second-round RB with a reconstructed knee that nobody else wanted to take a chance on.
--A fourth round WR from the middle of nowhere.
--A washed-up vet WR that was getting one last shot to extend his career.
--Nobody in the secondary was really elite.

Lone Stranger
01-29-2011, 07:14 AM

I completely agree with you. It seems that we are having a very difficult time getting this point accross to others....like hitting our head against a brick wall.

mikemac2001
01-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Why are people comparing early 90's football to now

This is a pass happy league folks and yes oline dline matter but so is being able to shutdown one side of the field

Nighthawk
01-29-2011, 08:22 AM

This is a pass happy league folks and yes oline dline matter but so is being able to shutdown one side of the field

Who cares if you can shut down the pass...if you don't stop the run, then the other team doesn't need to pass...sorry, CB makes no sense at #3.

lmcshadow
01-29-2011, 09:58 AM
All i have to say about it is "If its broke Then fix it". enough said!

mikemac2001
01-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Who cares if you can shut down the pass...if you don't stop the run, then the other team doesn't need to pass...sorry, CB makes no sense at #3.

or if you can't stop the pass NEW ENGLAND will continue to pick us apart and brunell will throw bombs on mckelvin

i am not saying draft paterson over Dline but if there guy they want isnt there on the dline i don't want to reach on a position known to have lazy bust

also we can debate what a shutdown corner can do with scheme's

but i am not going there all i said, why are we comparing 2 different generations of NFL football

this is a pass happy league with pass friendly rules.....all i was saying

baalworship
01-29-2011, 10:35 AM
or if you can't stop the pass NEW ENGLAND will continue to pick us apart and brunell will throw bombs on mckelvin

i am not saying draft paterson over Dline but if there guy they want isnt there on the dline i don't want to reach on a position known to have lazy bust

also we can debate what a shutdown corner can do with scheme's

but i am not going there all i said, why are we comparing 2 different generations of NFL football

this is a pass happy league with pass friendly rules.....all i was saying

Actually New England is why we should take a Fairley or Quinn or Dareus. They use multiple WR sets and have Hernandez and Gronkowski. How is one CB going to help shut down that?

The only division team that Peterson would match up and take away offense would be Miami because they depend on him to keep chains moving. Even there I am not sure Peterson would shut down Marshall.

Mad Max
01-29-2011, 11:49 AM
We obviously agree on the basic philosophy, but I'm not sure it's fair to qualify those years' philosophy as mistakes considering...

1-We had first round talent on the lines (Richter, Wolford, Ballard would've been if not for a great heist by Polian...Smith, Hanson dropped to us)

2-Look at where the elite talent came from...
--The third QB in the '83 draft, our second choice, who missed half his senior season with a broken leg.
--A second-round RB with a reconstructed knee that nobody else wanted to take a chance on.
--A fourth round WR from the middle of nowhere.
--A washed-up vet WR that was getting one last shot to extend his career.
--Nobody in the secondary was really elite.

I didn't say anything about mistakes or philosophy. I said we got dominated in the trenches, which we did. We had a bend but not break D, which broke 4 straight Super Bowls.

We had good players and schemes on both lines...they were just not good enough.

So I guess I was just referring to that era as an example that if given a choice, elite trench building should be emphasized.

Mad Max
01-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Actually New England is why we should take a Fairley or Quinn or Dareus. They use multiple WR sets and have Hernandez and Gronkowski. How is one CB going to help shut down that?

The only division team that Peterson would match up and take away offense would be Miami because they depend on him to keep chains moving. Even there I am not sure Peterson would shut down Marshall.

Right.

The reason Marsha picked us apart is because he had enough time in the pocket to do Jan AND Cindy's hair, then go through his progressions TWICE, and THEN pick the appropriate target.

Eliminate that luxury and he no longer strafes us.

mikemac2001
01-29-2011, 12:55 PM

Wow i never said we shouldn't draft them

debating on why someone is comparing 90's football to now its 2 different games

also i would love fairley or dareus but after that i am not sure...and didn't know they would be covering te's or do u mean an increase pass rush from them counters the te's effect?

i just think after the top 2 dlineman there is a little drop off

BuffaloBlitz83
01-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Denver will select Peterson to replace Champ

Billz_fan
01-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Right.

The reason Marsha picked us apart is because he had enough time in the pocket to do Jan AND Cindy's hair, then go through his progressions TWICE, and THEN pick the appropriate target.

Eliminate that luxury and he no longer strafes us.

exactly, and it was shown to us in the playoffs that if you make Brady uncomfy in the pocket he can be very ordinary and beatable.

Mr. Pink
01-29-2011, 02:36 PM
If Fairley and Bowers go 1-2 then passing on Peterson to reach for Dareus is a HUGE mistake.

If Dareus is who they want, try to trade down for a team who wants Peterson or AJ Green and pick up more picks and still draft Dareus.

tampabay25690
01-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Peterson is a top 2 player in this draft IMO.

Your post assumes our run defense will only get better if we draft one player at 3.

Any good team would have already done a significant amount of work toward making the run D better before the draft even starts.

And yes, if theres a new CBA, I anticipate us making improvements to our D before the draft.

Ask yourself this question: If the Bills have already made significant improvements to the D by draft day and won't draft a DL at 3, who would you then take?

I agree with you 100%%%
I think alot on here think since we have the 3rd pick it has to be a DL guy.
Yes Are front 7 needs help but a player as good as Peterson only comes around once in a while. To be honest this thread is going know where anyway because Peterson will be gone before we pick.......He will be a Denver Bronco since Bailey is pretty much as good as gone there.......

Everyone keep you eyes on VON MILLER today in the SR bowl game.
He may be wearing a Buffalo Bills uniform next year.........

tampabay25690
01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Denver will select Peterson to replace Champ

You are correct.....
If he slips to 3 then YES the Bills should draft him...

YardRat
01-29-2011, 03:43 PM

Because it doesn't matter whether it's the 60's, 90's or now...the games are won and lost in the trenches.

Go big and build the lines and 'backers first...We can take a chance on getting a shutdown corner next season, or the one after.

YardRat
01-29-2011, 03:46 PM
If Fairley and Bowers go 1-2 then passing on Peterson to reach for Dareus is a HUGE mistake.

If Dareus is who they want, try to trade down for a team who wants Peterson or AJ Green and pick up more picks and still draft Dareus.

I wouldn't consider Dareus a reach at three. I like him better than Bowers, actually.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-29-2011, 03:48 PM
You are correct.....
If he slips to 3 then YES the Bills should draft him...

I prefer Fairley, Dareus, QB or AJ Green in that order before Peterson

Nighthawk
01-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I agree with you 100%%%
I think alot on here think since we have the 3rd pick it has to be a DL guy.
Yes Are front 7 needs help but a player as good as Peterson only comes around once in a while. To be honest this thread is going know where anyway because Peterson will be gone before we pick.......He will be a Denver Bronco since Bailey is pretty much as good as gone there.......

Everyone keep you eyes on VON MILLER today in the SR bowl game.
He may be wearing a Buffalo Bills uniform next year.........

Wrong, I don't think we should reach for any player, but drafting a CB at 3 is stupid...it will not make much of a difference on this team. Is the point of the draft to fill holes/needs or to pick flashy names that some "experts" on here believe is the greatest thing since slice bread? If some of you ran this organization, then it would continue to be mediocre for years to come.

mikemac2001
01-29-2011, 05:29 PM
I prefer Fairley, Dareus, QB or AJ Green in that order before Peterson

Qb ok talk about wasting a pick plenty of this over hyped qbs will drop and we can get a top 3 player

The only one that I could live with is newton and still think it's a dumb pick

Aj green = Paterson in the need category that everyone is yelling about I'd be fine with him bc we need stars

NOT THE DUDE...
01-29-2011, 05:42 PM

do you actually watch football? dareus made mich st. look like a little *****! hes not a reach man, hes a legit top 3 player...

mikemac2001
01-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Because it doesn't matter whether it's the 60's, 90's or now...the games are won and lost in the trenches.

Go big and build the lines and 'backers first...We can take a chance on getting a shutdown corner next season, or the one after.

not saying CB is the way to go but to be at the number 3 spot you have to get a homerun hitter or it can set you back.........and no the game isn't the same as it was then

do i agree DLINE is an important spot to improve but why wouldn't our two draft picks from last year not help in that area and our FA signing or our pro bowl DT.

i

YardRat
01-29-2011, 06:24 PM
not saying CB is the way to go but to be at the number 3 spot you have to get a homerun hitter or it can set you back.........and no the game isn't the same as it was then

do i agree DLINE is an important spot to improve but why wouldn't our two draft picks from last year not help in that area and our FA signing or our pro bowl DT.

i

...it doesn't matter whether it's the 60's, 90's or now...the games are won and lost in the trenches.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2011, 08:19 PM

i

you are not reading this the right way, dareus is actually better than peterson...

dareus/miller/fairley or bust..

mikemac2001
01-30-2011, 09:14 PM
...it doesn't matter whether it's the 60's, 90's or now...the games are won and lost in the trenches.

This dude is acting like I don't want dline

I am sick of being the worst run d 6 to 8 yds a pop annoys the **** out of me

But we signed dwan edwards have Kyle Williams drafted carrington and troup

Still have stroud an might sign or
Lose more...all I am saying if there guy isn't there I won't be upset if they go Paterson I feel he will help a void at cb

mikemac2001
01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Also the game has changed look at teams like colts they win every year and always have a bad rush d they have only won one super bowl and I blame that on that weak ass cover 2 we need to get our 3-4 solid

better days
01-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Also the game has changed look at teams like colts they win every year and always have a bad rush d they have only won one super bowl and I blame that on that weak ass cover 2 we need to get our 3-4 solid

Agreed the Colts defense is not that good. They win because of Manning. Without him, I doubt they are much better than the Bills.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2011, 10:01 PM
This dude is acting like I don't want dline

I am sick of being the worst run d 6 to 8 yds a pop annoys the **** out of me

But we signed dwan edwards have Kyle Williams drafted carrington and troup

Still have stroud an might sign or
Lose more...all I am saying if there guy isn't there I won't be upset if they go Paterson I feel he will help a void at cb

you just dont get it....

johnson blows, stroud blows, edwards is avg, carrington and troup are still developing, kyle williams needs a big man next to him. our dline sucks dude...