• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

All Star Weekend

Anyone plan on tuning into to any of this weekends festivities?

Kicks off tonight with the All Star Draft. NHL Network did a mock draft last night. Mock Draft

Skills Competition tomorrow.

All Star Game Sunday.

I'll definitely try to catch as much as I can. Yahoo, did a cool spotlight back on the 1990 All Star Weekend too, you should check that out if you're interested. Click Here

Enjoy!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: All Star Weekend

Zzzzzzzzz......

Actually, I'm a little curious as to how the draft will work. And if I'm bored tomorrow and I remember that it's on, I might watch the skills competition.

As far as the game itself, I could care less. No Sabres are involved this year, and no one wants to get hurt checking or blocking shots in an exhibition game. That means Cindy will probably score 8 goals because the 3-foot halo that the refs usually give him will be expanded to 8 feet. No thanks.

And for the record, the NHL really botched the timing on this. Why? The only football is the Pro Bowl, which no one cares about. They should have had a full slate of games this week to fill the void and try to win some games. Imagine having meaningful hockey on NBC, VS, NHLN and a local channel going up against the stupid Pro Bowl. They'd get viewers.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Zzzzzzzzz......

Actually, I'm a little curious as to how the draft will work. And if I'm bored tomorrow and I remember that it's on, I might watch the skills competition.

As far as the game itself, I could care less. No Sabres are involved this year, and no one wants to get hurt checking or blocking shots in an exhibition game. That means Cindy will probably score 8 goals because the 3-foot halo that the refs usually give him will be expanded to 8 feet. No thanks.

And for the record, the NHL really botched the timing on this. Why? The only football is the Pro Bowl, which no one cares about. They should have had a full slate of games this week to fill the void and try to win some games. Imagine having meaningful hockey on NBC, VS, NHLN and a local channel going up against the stupid Pro Bowl. They'd get viewers.
      Cindy and Malkin are both skipping it.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
        Cindy and Malkin are both skipping it.
        So then Ovechkin or Kane get the 8 goals. Either way, it's just going to be scorers weaving past all-star defensemen like they're pylons because no one wants to get hurt.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

So then Ovechkin or Kane get the 8 goals. Either way, it's just going to be scorers weaving past all-star defensemen like they're pylons because no one wants to get hurt.
          The 2009 game was 12-11
          It was all

Comment

• SkateZilla
            • Dec 2002

NHL All Star Weekend the same weekend as the Probowl, who's bright idea was this?
            Skate Zilla
            -----------------------
            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

Clay Aiken is singing the national anthem!
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Zzzzzzzzz......

Sabres and checking .... Reminds me of the greatest All-Star moment ever, when Mike Ramsey laid out Gretzky with an open-ice hit
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                  • May 2005

As expected, it's quite the social event around here, so tickets are hard to come by for the one and only time all year. If I had the money and somebody to watch my daughter, I'd go check out the festivities downtown tonight or tomorrow at least.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Not interested one bit.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                      NHL All Star Weekend the same weekend as the Probowl, who's bright idea was this?
                      Sounds like Something that Bettman would do.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                        • Dec 2002

I Think Briere will get a few.
                        Skate Zilla
                        -----------------------
                        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

Why would you pick a goalie 1st overall, that is just dumb. He won't even be playing for 2/3 of the game.

Comment

• JD
                            Sabres Zone
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                            Why would you pick a goalie 1st overall, that is just dumb. He won't even be playing for 2/3 of the game.
                            And of all goalies... CAM WARD!?!? Get the **** out of here
                            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• G Wolly
                              • Mar 2004

This year's NHL SuperSkills Competition was not nearly as memorable as Montreal's in 2009, but it was still a fun part of the 2011 All-Star Weekend in Raleigh, N.C. In case you missed it, I thought I'd recap some noteworthy Icethetics-related elements from the event — you know, logos a

Last edited by G Wolly; 01-30-2011, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X