PDA

View Full Version : Up to date Buffalo Bills Mock draft

tampabay25690
01-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Here is what I have up to date for the draft..........
Put together a 7 round Mock for you to pick apart.......

1. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson....If we are sticking to the 3-4, 4-3 we need a DE to make it work has great size and can get to the QB.....6"4 280....Other guys I can see at the this pick are Pat Peterson, Marcell Dareus, Cam Newton, and Von Miller...

2. Marvin Austin DT North Carolina.........Load up the front 7 and this guy can help right away with Kyle Williams and Torell Troup. I know he sat out all year but this guy has all the talent in the world. The Bills can get a steal with this pick....At this pick I could aslo see a LB drafted as well but Austin sitting there is to hard to turn down.

3. Casey Matthews ILB Oregon..........Stay at what the Bills need the most Defense. Nix said it best we need help inside and Matthews can fight for the starting job from day 1. Could see the Bills looking QB right now as well.....

4. Justin Boren Guard Ohio State........Well I get a little off of the defense and look at the OL. Wood is moving to Center and we had some pretty decent play at the Guard postion but we lack depth. Boren is a scrapper and a great run blocker.....

4. Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada........No I think this is a Chan Gailey guy. He has been very good SR bowl week and could be a nice future QB for this team. has great Size 6'6 220 and great speed.

5. Mario Butler CB G Tech........With the possible loss of Florence the Bills will have to add another guy to the fold. We all know McKelvin had a tough year and McGee is not healthy enough to talk about....

6. Mason Foster ILB Washington.......I like this guy alot and I don't know if he will be here but Im picking him if he is. Lead the Pac 10 again with tackles and is all over the field. Has the size to play ILB at the next level and we know we need healthy LB'S.....

7. Bo Thran OT Oregon.......Add a solid OT in the fold........

Well this was fun...............
Go ahead and let me have it guys..............

Peace out

k-oneputt
01-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't be upset with those first two picks.
little early for Mattews.
I like foster better then Mattews actually.

Ginger Vitis
01-28-2011, 09:09 PM
How do Bowers and Austin fit in a 3-4 defense?

tampabay25690
01-28-2011, 09:11 PM
How do Bowers and Austin fit in a 3-4 defense?

Same way Kyle Williams, Torell Troup, Chris Kelsay fit the 3-4.........
3-4 and 4-3...
Bills will not strictly run a 3-4.......

ZAZusmc03
01-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Isn't Casey Matthews a little small to play ilb?

Buffalo Thriller
01-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I believe they said that about this brother too. Look how that turned out.

tampabay25690
01-28-2011, 09:23 PM

To be honest I thought so to until I saw him play up close....
The whole family are animals and can play the game.....

tampabay25690
01-28-2011, 09:24 PM
I see Fairley #1 the peterson going to Denver to replace Champ.
If Peterson is there at #3 the Bills will grab him instead....
Im really starting to like that Kapernick kid.......Watched some clips of him today and have been keeping up with the SR practices......Love his size and athletic ability and seems to have his head on straight.....

JCBills
01-28-2011, 09:31 PM

What? Clay is a 255 lb 3-4 OLB. He has good size.

Casey is listed mostly between 232 and 235. We need to get bigger on the inside, and he isn't really a 3rd rounder.

ServoBillieves
01-28-2011, 09:37 PM
1) Nick Fairley. DE/NT/DT He falls to us, and he picks up where Stroud/Edwards/Williams lacked.
2) Jimmy Smith. CB/S. Bye bye Whitner, we know someone who can cover AND stop the run.
3) Jerrell Powe. NT. If one of our D-linemen go on, this seems like a no brainer. he's just mass.
4) Kelvin Shepperd. ILB. Should probably go earlier, but has the size and strength this inside needs.
4) Zach Pianalato. TE. First O-person for us, but worthwhile. A blocker if anything for Chan's offense, since he seems to hate TE's.
5) Will Rackley. OG.
6) Stevan Ridley, RB.
7) David Carter, DE.

TigerJ
01-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I think the depth isn't bad at the guard spot. Urbik acquited himself at guard pretty well. Hangartner is still with the team and before coming to the Bills he played more guard in the NFL than he did center. Plus you've got Howard and Wrotto both of whom can play guard enen though this past season they were needed at right tackle. I would rather you had switched where you had the Bills picking guard and tackle.

Unlike some here, I do think Bowers can probably be an effective DE in a 3-4, and he can stay at DE when the Bills move to a 4-3 look. He won't be the sack machine that he was this past year as a 4-3 DE when you move him into a 3-4 as a DE.

THATHURMANATOR
01-28-2011, 10:24 PM
His brother is bigger and an olb so what are you trying to say?