• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Revis or Suh

Who helps the pass rush more if either ore was a Buffalo Billl?

I say it is Suh without question. The Jets biggest weakness is the pass rush. And they have a Cromartie whose better than any other corner we have besides the best in business in Revis.

Fairley over Peterson ALL DAY
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Revis or Suh

Building from the lines out.

Only Dick Jauron would argue that.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Billz_fan
      • Jan 2003

Personally I would take the big man. However either of those 2 players is a huge difference maker and have there upsides.

But if we pick a defensive secondary player at #3 I will most likely shut off the tv crawl in bed and lay in the fetal position for a day or 2. Just from the # of DB's we have drafted in the last 10 years in the 1st or 2nd and answer the "Where are they now" question or the "It's not there fault they were drafted so high" I will just feel down right ill.
      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I'm a take care of the trenches 1st guy...

Odds of winning increases when you own the trenches

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

Suh isn't in this draft nor is he there at 3

Stop using players names who arnt even there

If fairly and darius are taken at 1-2 then it's bowers or Paterson

That's a better question to ask compare those guys

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83

I say it is Suh without question. The Jets biggest weakness is the pass rush. And they have a Cromartie whose better than any other corner we have besides the best in business in Revis.

A pass rush helps the secondary and creates turnovers.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mikemac2001
              Suh isn't in this draft nor is he there at 3

Stop using players names who arnt even there

If fairly and darius are taken at 1-2 then it's bowers or Paterson

That's a better question to ask compare those guys
              He was making a point that a great DL player will have a greater impact than a great DB. I think most of the board would agree with him.

Comment

• Prov401
                President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83

Fairley will be gone. I can live with the Peterson pick, but I understand how some can be angered by such a decision. Bottom line is we are weak at every level defensively. Our line is suspect, our linebackers are atrocious, and our secondary is on the decline whether anybody sees it or not. Nix's philosophy of drafting BPA is something I'm buying into.

Some aren't really realizing this but, next year we are finally going to see our 2010 rookies play. Carrington, Troup, Spiller, Easley, Batten, and Moats. These guys practically sat and watched last year for the most part. Add in Merriman, and I'm starting to get a little curious. We really don't know what we have yet in last years draft. Add a guy like Peterson, or Bowers/Dareus to those players, and we have a brand new defense.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

CBs do not dramatically improve a bad defense, but they do make a good defense better. That is why I would never take a CB over a big man of equal value.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Suh is a extremely unique player...he is the best DT prospect since Warren Sapp and Fairley couldnt even hold up Suh's jock strap, so this argument is going nowhere.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      Suh is a extremely unique player...he is the best DT prospect since Warren Sapp and Fairley couldnt even hold up Suh's jock strap, so this argument is going nowhere.
                      Maybe Fairly is nowhere near as good as Suh, but nobody knows how good Peterson will be either. The point is it is more important to fix the DL & LB groups first before worring about the DB's.

Comment

• Kicker22705
                        • Jul 2002

This can go both ways. A great pass rush from a linemen allows more players to stay in coverage, but a great cornerback can allow a team take a defender out of coverage to blitz to create pressure or drop them in the box for run support.

Considering our linebackers are better pass rushers than out in coverage, I'm fine with getting Revis if that means they blitz more and have to cover less.

As far as stopping the run, Revis will allow us to drop Whitner/Scott into the box for run support.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Kicker22705
                          This can go both ways. A great pass rush from a linemen allows more players to stay in coverage, but a great cornerback can allow a team take a defender out of coverage to blitz to create pressure or drop them in the box for run support.

Considering our linebackers are better pass rushers than out in coverage, I'm fine with getting Revis if that means they blitz more and have to cover less.

As far as stopping the run, Revis will allow us to drop Whitner/Scott into the box for run support.
                          Yeah because Whitner/Scott can provide the same run support as a good DL & LBs.......................NOT.

Comment

• tomz
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Prov401
                            Fairley will be gone. I can live with the Peterson pick, but I understand how some can be angered by such a decision. Bottom line is we are weak at every level defensively. Our line is suspect, our linebackers are atrocious, and our secondary is on the decline whether anybody sees it or not. Nix's philosophy of drafting BPA is something I'm buying into.

Some aren't really realizing this but, next year we are finally going to see our 2010 rookies play. Carrington, Troup, Spiller, Easley, Batten, and Moats. These guys practically sat and watched last year for the most part. Add in Merriman, and I'm starting to get a little curious. We really don't know what we have yet in last years draft. Add a guy like Peterson, or Bowers/Dareus to those players, and we have a brand new defense.
                            You might add in Wang. (In the spirit of most Wang comments, it's always good to put in a little Wang.) RT?

Also, on the main thread topic, just look at Green Bay if we need anymore argument. Their disruptive D-line/blitz packages make fairly ordinary corners look good with plenty of picks.

Comment

• Prov401
                              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kicker22705

I'm not sure why your talking about Revis like we have him on our team, but I understand what your getting at.

Anybody here watch the Pats/Jets playoff game? If you did, how many times did you count Tom terrific standing in the pocket for 5-9 seconds just patting the ball, waiting, patting the ball, waiting....? That's the result of ELITE CB play. That's what Peterson can help us accomplish, and that is why I wouldn't be sick if we drafted him.

I understand the other side of the coin as well. If you saw the Steelers/Jets game, the Jets couldn't sniff Roethlisberger, and the first half proved to be all Pitt needed to move on to the SB. The Jets d-line lost them that game. So I am aware it goes hand in hand, but with our defense as it is right now, we are weak at all positions.

Troup, Carrington, Batten, and Merriman will be added to our team next year. These guys didn't even factor into our team last year, and it seems some are still forgetting about these guys. Our secondary is weak whether anybody would like to admit it or not. Mcgee is on the fast decline. Florence is probably going to get a better offer, and Mckelvin is Mr. inconsistency. We are losing Whitner, so there's another hole. If Peterson is the next Woodson as many are saying, than I see no reason why anybody would be that pissed at this pick. Especially when we have essentially another 1st rounder with a very high 2nd round pick that will likely go defense as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X