Pegula meets with NHL Executive Committee, agreement imminent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Pegula meets with NHL Executive Committee, agreement imminent

Hopefully this thing gets done soon...I'm tired of the mediocrity that consumes this organization!

• hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Pegula meets with NHL Executive Committee

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
    Sabres expected to announce by Thursday or Friday the purchase agreement by billionaire Terry Pegula. Great news for Sabres fans
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

ESPN: NHL Agree's To sell Sabres

The Buffalo Sabres will announce a purchase agreement by billionaire Terry Pegula by the end of the week, multiples sources told ESPN.com Saturday.

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Buffalo Sabres will announce a purchase agreement by billionaire Terry Pegula by the end of the week, multiples sources told ESPN.com on Saturday.

The Sabres' sale was updated at the NHL's Board of Governors meeting here at All-Star Weekend. Once the purchase agreement is announced, the sale is expected to close within a month, sources said.

Pegula on Saturday morning met with the Board of Governors' executive committee, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com. He is set to take over ownership of the NHL club from Tom Golisano for a reported $175 million.
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Re: ESPN: NHL Agree's To sell Sabres

****ing awesome.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Nice to see a poorly kept 'secret' made official.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

A new thread on this subject was really necessary?

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Yeah baby! We finally have an owner that cares about winning and not just his pocketbook! And he's rich too!

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Re: Pegula meets with NHL Executive Committee, agreement imminent

Anyone read the paper this morning? Watch the fracking story paint Pegula as a bad guy..protests form outside HSBC which eventually pushes him away from ownership. ****ing liberals.

Note: I only say this because that's how it would happen normally to Buffalo lol
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

good for you, Larry. Go back to ****ing up the city and leaving the Sabres alone...

Pegula meets with executive committee

The Sabres did not send a representative to the board of governors' meeting in Cary, which is a suburb of Raleigh. Sabres spokesman Michael Gilbert said today Quinn was absent because his flight into Raleigh was canceled.

Last edited by SabreEleven; 01-30-2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

It would be nice to see Pegula take ownership before the trade deadline. Don't know if he would do that much, but he might give Darcy the go ahead to move some of our deadwood.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Terry Pegula left a good impression during a meeting with the NHL executive committee Saturday morning, showing off his regular-guy personality while confirming he has both the financial strength and passion that would make him a successful owner of the Buffalo Sabres.

Pegula met with the five-member panel before the NHL held its full board of governors meetings and then flew back to his home in Boca Raton, Fla. He was not available to comment, but it appeared the billionaire from Pennsylvania remained on course to purchase the Sabres within the next few weeks.

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman would not speculate on when the deal, which includes $175 million for the Sabres and an additional $14 million in liabilities, would be completed. Bettman has been impressed with Pegula and his love for hockey and said the longtime Sabres fan has the credentials to become a good owner.

"I've spent time with him on multiple occasions," Bettman said after a news conference in RBC Center as part of All-Star weekend. "I think he's a good guy. He has the resources. He's familiar with the area. I think when he lived in Pittsburgh he was a Sabres season-ticket holder. He obviously loves the game. He's investing in it on all levels."
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                        good for you, Larry. Go back to ****ing up the city and leaving the Sabres alone...

Pegula meets with executive committee

The Sabres did not send a representative to the board of governors' meeting in Cary, which is a suburb of Raleigh. Sabres spokesman Michael Gilbert said today Quinn was absent because his flight into Raleigh was canceled.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...committee.html
                        I love that his flight was cancelled! Pegula probably paid money for that to happen.

Comment

• elltrain22
                          • Sep 2003

This is such great, great news. I hate to sound greedy, but I can't wait until he buys the Bills too!!
                          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
                            This is such great, great news. I hate to sound greedy, but I can't wait until he buys the Bills too!!
                            I still think that him buying the Sabres is only part 1. I mean, he has the cash and can afford both. The fans would worship him like a God if he bought the Bills and Sabres and spent the money to make both teams winners.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by JD
                              Anyone read the paper this morning? Watch the fracking story paint Pegula as a bad guy..protests form outside HSBC which eventually pushes him away from ownership. ****ing liberals.

Note: I only say this because that's how it would happen normally to Buffalo lol
                              Both the timing and the placement of the article on his company's environmental violations were ridiculous. Couldn't the ultra-liberal Buffalo News have just given us a few days to savor the good news before they shoved this muckraking crap up our butts?
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X