PDA

View Full Version : Give me your top 3 needs for the Bills

Yasgur's Farm
01-30-2011, 09:18 AM
1) ILB by a long shot
2) DE
3) It's a tie for me... OLB or DT/NT

There isn't an ILB in this class worth a top 30 pick IMO... And no, Von Miller is not the answer here... He's strictly OLB or DE... And a reach to boot.

The pick has to be Fairley or Dareus (or Bowers)... They are legit top 5 and are answers to our #2 need at DE... And to Some degree, our #3 need at DT.

billsfanryan
01-30-2011, 09:22 AM
1 - a true star in the front 7, i don't care which position.
2 - a TE that is a threat
3 - RT

DraftBoy
01-30-2011, 09:23 AM
1. Talent
2. Playmakers
3. Depth

Dantheman1280
01-30-2011, 09:29 AM
1. Defensive End
2. Inside Linebacker
3. Nose Tackle.

FWIW

4. Left Guard
5. Right Tackle
6. Strong Safety (Whitner is leaving)
7. Tight End

Sounds like too much to rebuild in one off-season...

ELAYAS
01-30-2011, 09:30 AM
1 winning record
2 playoffs appearence
3 superbowl

YardRat
01-30-2011, 09:55 AM
1. 34 DE that can slide inside in 4-lineman sets.
2. ILB, preferably 2, but one man-eater will do for now.
3. OLB with size and speed.

Real, honest to god, offensive and defensive coordinators.

4. NT.
5. TE.
6. Shutdown CB.
7. OT...left or right.
8. #1 WR.
9. SS.
10. QB.
11. Guard
12. Another TE.
13. RB.

Raptor
01-30-2011, 10:21 AM
1.Elite play making Talent

2.Anything that improves stopping the run
3.Anything that improves the OL play

ddaryl
01-30-2011, 10:24 AM
1. DE
2. ILB
3. OLB

we need massive improvement on the front 7

bigbub2352
01-30-2011, 10:51 AM
QB
RT
ILB

X-Era
01-30-2011, 10:56 AM
1) ILB by a long shot
2) DE

There isn't an ILB in this class worth a top 30 pick IMO... And no, Von Miller is not the answer here... He's strictly OLB or DE... And a reach to boot.

The pick has to be Fairley or Dareus (or Bowers)... They are legit top 5 and are answers to our #2 need at DE... And to Some degree, our #3 need at DT.

I'd go:

1) QB
2) ILB
3) Prototype pass rush/run stopping DE

Nighthawk
01-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I'd go:

1) QB
2) ILB
3) Prototype pass rush/run stopping DE

It's amazing how so many people forget how mediocre our QB position is. The fact is, no franchise QB means no championship...PERIOD. Hopefully, by the time the draft rolls around, we'll know if Gabbert is truely a franchise QB and if so, then the Bills should take him. If not, then we must take a big man...

X-Era
01-30-2011, 11:12 AM
It's amazing how so many people forget how mediocre our QB position is. The fact is, no franchise QB means no championship...PERIOD. Hopefully, by the time the draft rolls around, we'll know if Gabbert is truely a franchise QB and if so, then the Bills should take him. If not, then we must take a big man...I think it's more that many want huge improvements on the lines and defense.

But I feel it's two fold, prevent your opponent from scoring (Defense) and score more points than them (QB is a major factor).

As I've said, I want both.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-30-2011, 11:14 AM
1. Offense
2. defense
3. defense

ddaryl
01-30-2011, 11:15 AM
It's amazing how so many people forget how mediocre our QB position is. The fact is, no franchise QB means no championship...PERIOD. Hopefully, by the time the draft rolls around, we'll know if Gabbert is truely a franchise QB and if so, then the Bills should take him. If not, then we must take a big man...
BUT you don't reach for one.. and we can make it to the playoffs with Fitz if our D can stop the other teams.

I agree we can use a QB upgrade, but none of the QB's being mentioned for the NBills at #3 pass the 26-27-60 rule.. and I'm sticking by the rule because it definitely has merit.

and here is a list of underclassmen QB's drafted in round #1

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/junior-quarterbacks-drafted-first-round.jpg

not exactly encouraging when you look at the rule and then underclassmen and how it translates into NFL success.

I believe Ben was one point shy of meeting the rule, he is the exception. Beldsoe had some success, but didn't come close to passing the rule

tampabay25690
01-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Well

1. We need better talent all over the place.
2. Better defensive players
3. Better playmakers.

To me there is no such thing as 1, 2, 3 positions and the Bills will draft the best player not just by position.

wozrob11
01-30-2011, 11:18 AM
#1 DT we need to stop run
#2 QB fitz is good for rebuiling our D for now BUT we we could grab some one in the 2nd or third
#3 DE i think maybin is a clown but he just needs some time..... i hope

TacklingDummy
01-30-2011, 11:38 AM
1) ILB by a long shot
2) DE

1. DE
2. DT
3. CB
4. LB
5. QB
6. WR
7. OL
8. RB

X-Era
01-30-2011, 11:52 AM
BUT you don't reach for one.. and we can make it to the playoffs with Fitz if our D can stop the other teams.

I agree we can use a QB upgrade, but none of the QB's being mentioned for the NBills at #3 pass the 26-27-60 rule.. and I'm sticking by the rule because it definitely has merit.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/junior-quarterbacks-drafted-first-round.jpg

not exactly encouraging when you look at the rule and then underclassmen and how it translates into NFL success.

I believe Ben was one point shy of meeting the rule, he is the exception. Beldsoe had some success, but didn't come close to passing the ruleIf you mean that we can go to the playoffs if we score more points than our opponents, of course.

But I don't agree that Fitz can get us there at all.

And whats worse is that I don't believe we will get a top 10 defense, and if we skipped the QB, we won't have either.

I like my plan better. Get the franchise potential QB AND upgrade the defense. I want backup plans. If Fitz stinks up the joint, we have another option. If our defense doesn't become top 10, lets have a QB who can win us games.

As far as juniors goes, Ben Roeth is going to his 3rd SB in 6 years... I'd take that. Sanchez has made the playoffs every year he's been in. Mike Vick is one of the best QB's in the league right now. Josh Freeman was a major part of Tampa's run at the playoffs.

TigerJ
01-30-2011, 01:35 PM
As far as player personnel needs by position, the top two needs are ILB and DE. I don't know that I can or need to prioritize those two. In third, there is room for debate, and it could change between now and draft day depending on the Bills' free agents and who is dropped or leaves. Right now, I say its pretty close between right OT and TE. Then, of course, I don't think we have settled the QB spot by any means, but I don't think we can get 2011's starting QB out of the draft, so if Buffalo drafts QB, I think it will be somewhere in rounds 3 or 4.

I agree that there is no ILB who represents fair value at #3 overall, and Von Miller's skill set makes him a better OLB candidate. If I were to put money on a draft choice today, it would probably be Dareus, thinking that Fairley will be gone. Bowers is also a long shot possibility, though Dareus gives you a more proven run stopper. I think the Bills want to generate their pass rush more from the OLB spot with Merriman and Moats.

Nighthawk
01-30-2011, 02:08 PM

I believe Ben was one point shy of meeting the rule, he is the exception. Beldsoe had some success, but didn't come close to passing the rule

Agreed you don't reach, but how do you know that it would be a reach for Gabbert? If the scouts are ready to say he is a legit franchise QB in the future, then I'll tend to lean towards what they say. There is absolutely ZERO chance that Fitz can take this team to the playoffs without a top 5 or top 10 defense...not what I'm looking for, sorry. I'd like a QB who will actually make plays and win games for us, not just manage it. For the record, do you know why Locker has fallen? It's because his accuracy (below 60%) is pretty bad and he has accuracy issues from the pocket. Sound like somebody you know? Oh yeah, Fitz...the guy isn't good enough and people should just realize that.

Like I've said, I'm not sure there is a guy at #3 that is worthy of that pick at this point, but if come draft time, there is universal belief that Gabbert or Newton is worthy, then I am fine with them trying to secure the potential franchise QB. If not, I'd prefer a big man on the DL.

casdhf
01-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I think if we build the lines this season, we'll be in a great position next off-season to draft Luck.

Nighthawk
01-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I think if we build the lines this season, we'll be in a great position next off-season to draft Luck.

No, if we draft a CB or WR at #3, then it would put this team in a perfect position to draft Luck...the #1 pick overall!

Mad Max
01-30-2011, 02:20 PM
1.) Pass Rush. Doesn't matter what position it comes from. DE, DT, or OLB. We haven't had a legit pass rush for about the same amount of time we've been without a legit QB.

2.) QB. Fitz will be the best backup QB in the league. As a second option that teams won't be game planning against, he'll be ideal when called upon.

3.) OL. Doesn't matter what position. OL are units, improve one position improve all. RT and TE might fit the bill.

Prov401
01-30-2011, 02:41 PM

This 'rule' is silly. Just because Bill Parcells is religious to it, and a big article was written about it not too long ago, doesn't mean everybody has to abide by it. It's not a rule. There is no rule. Stop saying there is a rule.

Prov401
01-30-2011, 02:58 PM
The following players do not pass your made up 'rule'.

Roethlisberger, Brady, Vick, Flacco, Sanchez, Hasselbeck, Cassel.

All started in the playoffs.

YardRat
01-30-2011, 03:12 PM
The following players do not pass your made up 'rule'.

Roethlisberger, Brady, Vick, Flacco, Sanchez, Hasselbeck, Cassel.

All started in the playoffs.

#'s 1, 8, 22, 3, 6, 25, 11 defenses in points scored against.

#11 (Cassel) was taken out by #3 (Flacco), #22 (Vick) was taken out by #2 (Rodgers), leaving 7 of the top 8 teams to move on to the divisional round.

Ingtar33
01-30-2011, 03:16 PM
DE / ILB / OT

JCBills
01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
1. OLB

Unless Merriman can return to form, we lack a freak enforcer at this position. Every top 3-4 has at least one dominant OLB. Chargers - Shaun Phillips. Baltimore - Terrell Suggs. Packers - Clay Matthews. Pittsburgh - Woodley and Harrison. The Jets are a little iffy with Calvin Pace, but they've made moves trying to find "that guy" between drafting for the position and the FA move to get Pace. We got killed on outside runs last season because our OLBs wouldn't get off blocks quick enough and lack range.

2. ILB

Poz is good, but he's only half of what you need at the ILB spot to have a solid D. He needs to be paired with a bigger thumper, someone who can hold up on the strong side and help allow the rest of the LBs to make plays.

3. DE

We don't exactly have elite athletes at the position. Carrington looks like he could be a long term starter on the weak side if he continues to develop, and Dwan Edwards was a very solid veteran addition to the position. Stroud is going to be 33, and has obviously been much quicker than he is now. Still a great leader and definite positive asset to the team. Spencer Johnson did OK, but isn't more than solid depth. McCargo just needs to go away.

Prov401
01-30-2011, 06:22 PM
#'s 1, 8, 22, 3, 6, 25, 11 defenses in points scored against.

#11 (Cassel) was taken out by #3 (Flacco), #22 (Vick) was taken out by #2 (Rodgers), leaving 7 of the top 8 teams to move on to the divisional round.

I'm guessing your point is defense wins?

I'm not comparing defenses, I'm shooting down a senseless argument comparing QB's.

X-Era
01-30-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm guessing your point is defense wins?

I'm not comparing defenses, I'm shooting down a senseless argument comparing QB's.I think the point is that defense is an important factor and I don't think anyone is disagreeing.

Don't Panic
01-30-2011, 07:56 PM
We tried having a better offense than defense. It got us to 4 straight Super Bowls... which we lost... which I've been reminded of quite a bit in the last few days for some odd reason. I'll take a dominant D with an above average offense any day of any week. Top 3:

1. ILB
2. DE
3. RT

-I don't see us needing a NT considering we have one playing in the Pro Bowl right now and we took one in the 2nd round last year
-I'm assuming Merriman can be serviceable
-I just don't see QB as being a top 3 need just yet... Gailey gets the most out of QBs... seems to make more sense to try to do more with less (see: Fitz) at QB with him at the helm
-TE, SS and WR were 4th, 5th and 6th

ddaryl
01-31-2011, 07:18 AM
This 'rule' is silly. Just because Bill Parcells is religious to it, and a big article was written about it not too long ago, doesn't mean everybody has to abide by it. It's not a rule. There is no rule. Stop saying there is a rule.
Really... it's so silly that it proves itself

do some research and tell me how many QB's have been drafted in round #1 that failed the rule and went on to be franchise QB's

Just because you think it's silly doesn't mean it isn't a damn good guage.

When you are in Vegas and you have 19 and the dealer has a 6 showing do you say "hit me". Of course not because you play the odds

ddaryl
01-31-2011, 07:36 AM
If you mean that we can go to the playoffs if we score more points than our opponents, of course.

But I don't agree that Fitz can get us there at all.

And whats worse is that I don't believe we will get a top 10 defense, and if we skipped the QB, we won't have either.

I like my plan better. Get the franchise potential QB AND upgrade the defense. I want backup plans. If Fitz stinks up the joint, we have another option. If our defense doesn't become top 10, lets have a QB who can win us games.

As far as juniors goes, Ben Roeth is going to his 3rd SB in 6 years... I'd take that. Sanchez has made the playoffs every year he's been in. Mike Vick is one of the best QB's in the league right now. Josh Freeman was a major part of Tampa's run at the playoffs.

I KNOW Fitz can get us to the playoffs. All we have to do is stop opposing O's.
How many games this year did we let opponents score over 30 points on us ? How many games were we completely unable ot run the football ?How much time was our D out on the filed while better teams just ran that ball at will against us ? or picked us apart because of our inability to get consistent pressure on QB's

I am all for getting a franchise QB... there just isn't one in this draft worth reaching for, and none of the QB's pass the rule, and I don't trust underclassmen QB's that declare that have limited playing time. Newton barely started 1 full college season, Gabbert has less then 20 wins

As far as Juniors go.. Ben missed the rule by 1 wonderlic point, so as a junior he pretty much passes the rule test. He is the exception. Mike Vick turned out to be a felon and missed a few years out of football and caused problems for the team that drafted him... Sanchez still to be determined, but he came to a team that had a solid foundation on the OL and DL.

how many juniors failed compared to your list of 3.... ?????

Do you really think that any QB we draft is going to come in for Fitz if he stinks it up and actually function at a higher level. Maybe in 2-3 years.

I disagree with you. Build the D front 7 and the O lines grab a franchise QB if and when one is available without reaching...

k-oneputt
01-31-2011, 07:46 AM
NT
DE
Two inside lbers
olb
ot
te
qb

in no specific order. when they take care of that they might make the play-offs.

Mindbender
01-31-2011, 08:00 AM
1. DE
2. RT
3. QB
4. ILB

It was hard to rank these.

Dr. Lecter
01-31-2011, 08:01 AM
So hard to list just three. This team can use players at damn near every position. With the exception of the 3 ST positions, FB and maybe RB (although an argument could be made for the need of a power guy at #3 - Caulcrick might be able to do it) this team needs players galore.

What I will list are the positions where the Bills are mostly completely devoid of talent. Therefore, QB will not appear on the list. Fitz is not great and is a better back up than starter, but at least he is a fringe starter, which is better than the three positions I will list.

1. OLB – The Bills have no player that is capable fulltime starter at OLB. Kelsay is Kelsay. Merriman is likely washed up. Moats is situational. Torbor is depth. They have nothing at OLB.
2. DE – The Bills have almost nothing here. Carrington might be good. Edwards is mediocre. Stroud is done. Spencer Johnson is depth. They need somebody here big time.
3. ILB – Assuming Poz is back – if not this position moves up to 1A. Poz is starting caliber in the NFL and would look better with more talent in front of him. He is not the type of guy that can carry a defense, but he can supplement. Sadly he is it. Davis is depth (at best) and the list of characters that started the rest of the season (like Aoydele) are fringe players, let alone starters.

Other positions of high need are OT (RT is a huge need. Really it is horrible, as bad as the other positions but is more easily covered up with the use of a RB or TE), TE (another horrible position. Maybe Nelson will wake up and shock us all, but I doubt it) WR (the young guys looked fine, but…..), interior OL depth (Urbik and Rinehart are likely not the answers), DB depth and maybe starters depending on FA and, of course, QB.

The talent on this team is amongst the worst in the NFL. They need damn everything.

k-oneputt
01-31-2011, 08:06 AM
But the head of the scouting dept. is still here after ten years. I know, I know none of it is his fault.
He had all of these great draft picks ranked 100 spots lower and the powers to be just jumped the other 99 guys.

madness
01-31-2011, 08:10 AM
1. Talent
2. Playmakers
3. Depth

This bears repeating...

Johnny Bugmenot
01-31-2011, 08:22 AM
This bears repeating...
Except it's hopelessly vague.

EDS
01-31-2011, 09:09 AM
As far as player personnel needs by position, the top two needs are ILB and DE. I don't know that I can or need to prioritize those two. In third, there is room for debate, and it could change between now and draft day depending on the Bills' free agents and who is dropped or leaves. Right now, I say its pretty close between right OT and TE. Then, of course, I don't think we have settled the QB spot by any means, but I don't think we can get 2011's starting QB out of the draft, so if Buffalo drafts QB, I think it will be somewhere in rounds 3 or 4.

I agree that there is no ILB who represents fair value at #3 overall, and Von Miller's skill set makes him a better OLB candidate. If I were to put money on a draft choice today, it would probably be Dareus, thinking that Fairley will be gone. Bowers is also a long shot possibility, though Dareus gives you a more proven run stopper. I think the Bills want to generate their pass rush more from the OLB spot with Merriman and Moats.

I generally agree.

If Bowers is on the board at three, given the teams existing defensive personnel, I would strongly consider taking Bowers at 3 and moving to a 4-3 defense. I would then try and pick up someone like Phil Taylor in round 2 (or someone similar in round 3) and at least two linebackers by the end of round 5.

I don't think the Bills braintrust will make such a switch though, so Dareus is probably the better pick.

Night Train
01-31-2011, 10:03 AM
In any order this year...

MLB, DT/NT, DE

Stop the run or forget about competing.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-31-2011, 12:31 PM
I understand the thought of the need to get that QB everyone desires, but look at the QBs in the playoffs and the defenses that backs them up. I will go with ILB, DT, OLB. With the losses at DB, you will probably have to deal with that also.

djjimkelly
01-31-2011, 12:57 PM
1. front 7 pick a position
2. front 7 pick a position
3. front 7 pick a position

pretty simple

X-Era
01-31-2011, 01:00 PM
1) Not a K
2) Not a P
3) Repeat both #1 and #2

SABURZFAN
01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
new owner
new front office
new players

acehole
01-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Different owner.

Different Team name.

Different city.

1) ILB by a long shot
2) DE

better days
01-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Different owner.

Different Team name.

Different city.

That is easily done just pick another team to root for. If you want a different City & team, GOODBYE.

Ingtar33
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
to be more specific, rather then three how about our needs graded strictly on need

Tier 1 - DE, ILB, OT, NT
Tier 2 - QB, OLB, CB/S, TE
Tier 3 - OG, WR

X-Era
02-01-2011, 06:15 AM
to be more specific, rather then three how about our needs graded strictly on need

Tier 1 - DE, ILB, OT, NT
Tier 3 - OG, WR
Ing breaks it into tiers... love it.

Tier 1 - DE, ILB, OT, NT- Agree on all, I would add QB into this tier, but that's me.

At NT I'd rather see a guy bigger than 6' 2" and 315. I'd go Phil Taylor, Kenrick Ellis, or Jerrell Powe.

ILB class is weak, I'd rather add a free agent and then grab a guy in a later round.

I like the looks of the RT's in the 3rd or 4th unless Sherrod or Carimi drops to us in the 2nd.

DE is fairly deep, I think we could get a decent prospect in the 2nd through 3rd or even 4th rounds if we don't take one in the 1st.

I would target a QB early. If none are worthy of the 3 pick, I would move up from the 2nd or down from the 3 pick to get the guy we like best.

OLB has some depth and I think a good looking player could be there in the 2nd round. I'm a bigger fan of Bruce Carter than some... he's in the mix.

CB could be a late round add. Burney may have moved into 3rd or even 2nd round consideration. But guys like Curtis Brown or Gilchrist may be available later.

At S, I think it will really depend on the Whitner situation and even the CBA. If the CBA isn't done before the draft, I could see us skipping S.

A mid-round TE is a possibility. I really like DJ Williams and what I think he could add to your team. I think he might drop to the 4th.

Tier 3 - OG, WR

At G, I think we have a host of guys that we want to develop but the Wood to C move appears pretty much a lock. Which means it opens a hole at RG. I think we could see a late round G get picked up but I think a notable free agent may be more likely.

I'd like a WR more than most although I realize it isn't much of a need at this point. Outside of Jones and Green, I really like Leonard Hankerson. I think he may be a 2nd rounder now though and we have other needs. Maybe a guy like Matt Szczur in a mid round to be a Welker type.

Extremebillsfan247
02-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Take your pick among the front 7, all those positions are of equal and greatest need for talent in my opinion.

Ingtar33
02-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Ing breaks it into tiers... love it.

Tier 1 - DE, ILB, OT, NT- Agree on all, I would add QB into this tier, but that's me.

At NT I'd rather see a guy bigger than 6' 2" and 315. I'd go Phil Taylor, Kenrick Ellis, or Jerrell Powe.

ILB class is weak, I'd rather add a free agent and then grab a guy in a later round.

I like the looks of the RT's in the 3rd or 4th unless Sherrod or Carimi drops to us in the 2nd.

DE is fairly deep, I think we could get a decent prospect in the 2nd through 3rd or even 4th rounds if we don't take one in the 1st.

I would target a QB early. If none are worthy of the 3 pick, I would move up from the 2nd or down from the 3 pick to get the guy we like best.

OLB has some depth and I think a good looking player could be there in the 2nd round. I'm a bigger fan of Bruce Carter than some... he's in the mix.

CB could be a late round add. Burney may have moved into 3rd or even 2nd round consideration. But guys like Curtis Brown or Gilchrist may be available later.

At S, I think it will really depend on the Whitner situation and even the CBA. If the CBA isn't done before the draft, I could see us skipping S.

A mid-round TE is a possibility. I really like DJ Williams and what I think he could add to your team. I think he might drop to the 4th.

Tier 3 - OG, WR

At G, I think we have a host of guys that we want to develop but the Wood to C move appears pretty much a lock. Which means it opens a hole at RG. I think we could see a late round G get picked up but I think a notable free agent may be more likely.

I'd like a WR more than most although I realize it isn't much of a need at this point. Outside of Jones and Green, I really like Leonard Hankerson. I think he may be a 2nd rounder now though and we have other needs. Maybe a guy like Matt Szczur in a mid round to be a Welker type.

pretty good breakdown. sums it up nicely. QB falls to tier 2 for me just because if you have to go with Fitz, you can... and while he probably won't win you any games he won't cost you too many either. it's my definition of a mediocre starting caliber player... and in the tier system i use that's just barely good enough to drop the position to tier 2 in the needs.

you nailed why i put OG there, and even the issues at safety. When you look at that list it's pretty obvious we need almost 15 new players on this roster; which means the draft won't come close... we probably need 7 or 8 new starters on this team... which again we won't get from the draft.

X-Era
02-01-2011, 04:25 PM
pretty good breakdown. sums it up nicely. QB falls to tier 2 for me just because if you have to go with Fitz, you can... and while he probably won't win you any games he won't cost you too many either. it's my definition of a mediocre starting caliber player... and in the tier system i use that's just barely good enough to drop the position to tier 2 in the needs.

you nailed why i put OG there, and even the issues at safety. When you look at that list it's pretty obvious we need almost 15 new players on this roster; which means the draft won't come close... we probably need 7 or 8 new starters on this team... which again we won't get from the draft.I haven't given anyone a mock yet really. But here's a stab at one (the non-QB draft):

1) Da'Quan Bowers
2) Martez Wilson
3) Phil Taylor
4) DJ Williams
4b) Chris Hairston
5) Deunta Williams
6) Colin McCarthy
7) Derrell Smith

With a QB:

1) Blaine Gabbert or Cam Newton
2) Martez Wilson
3) Phil Taylor
4) Pernell McPhee
4b) Chris Hairston
5) Deunta Williams
6) Colin McCarthy
7) Derrell Smith

cgbm
02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
1 - a franchise quarterback. whoever that is.
2 - a feared ILB
3 - new fans if you dont agree.

tcb5033
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I haven't given anyone a mock yet really. But here's a stab at one (the non-QB draft):

1) Da'Quan Bowers
2) Martez Wilson
3) Phil Taylor
4) DJ Williams
4b) Chris Hairston
5) Deunta Williams
6) Colin McCarthy
7) Derrell Smith

With a QB:

1) Blaine Gabbert or Cam Newton
2) Martez Wilson
3) Phil Taylor
4) Pernell McPhee
4b) Chris Hairston
5) Deunta Williams
6) Colin McCarthy
7) Derrell Smith

phil taylor is going to go earlier than the 3rd round. the guy is good.

1. DE
2. OLB/ILB
3. OT
4. QB
5. ball-hawkin', hard-hitting safety

Nighthawk
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM

Tier 1 - DE, ILB, OT, NT
Tier 3 - OG, WR

Sorry, but QB is definitely, without a doubt, a tier 1 need for this team. To think otherwise is comical.

Dr. Lecter
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Sorry, but QB is definitely, without a doubt, a tier 1 need for this team. To think otherwise is comical.
Or of a different opinion.

There are positions in which there are not players whatsoever. At least Fitz is a capable NFL player

Ingtar33
02-02-2011, 03:13 PM

you might hate Fitz... and last year i had the position marked as tier 1... but last year Fitz and Edwards were the 37th and 38th ranked QBs in the league.

This year fitz was a mediocre starting QB (at 21st ranked)... which is just barely good enough to drop the position down to tier 2. I don't blame you for feeling it's still a major need... but in reality he was borderline serviceable last year.

X-Era
02-02-2011, 06:27 PM
you might hate Fitz... and last year i had the position marked as tier 1... but last year Fitz and Edwards were the 37th and 38th ranked QBs in the league.

This year fitz was a mediocre starting QB (at 21st ranked)... which is just barely good enough to drop the position down to tier 2. I don't blame you for feeling it's still a major need... but in reality he was borderline serviceable last year.Borderline serviceable? Seriously? Borderline serviceable?

Have we sunken this far?

I don't know why this fires me up but it does.

The last team we even sniffed a SB we had a HOF QB who could force wins with his approach to the game. But now we are content with borderline serviceable?

If anyone wants a bonafide franchise QB prospect your talking about a guy like Bradford or Luck. It takes the first pick in the draft to get that guy. Does anyone want to forfeit their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders or even more in ANY draft to move up to that spot? I mean I've been on this board for years and I have never seen even a few people clamoring for giving up that much to move to the #1 spot.

Then what are you left with? The best possible prospect out of the #1 pick, which is the next most likely guy to become a franchise QB... not sure fire, but with a legitimate chance. Rivers, Roeth, Sanchez, Ryan... plenty of guys taken out of the 1st pick that I would love to have over Fitz right now.

We have a high of enough pick, no chance at Luck this year or next without giving up a ton. If a guy is worthy, make the damn move and move on.

Were potentially talking about giving up on a guy like Matt Ryan, or Philip Rivers for a guy who's borderline serviceable... I mean seriously?