PDA

View Full Version : D.Tackles

Dreadnaught
01-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Can someone explain to me why people want the Bills to draft a DT. The Bills have a Pro Bowler in Williams and spent a second rounder in Troupe.

People complained that the Bills drafted a RB last year when we had 2 1000 yard rushers. I was one of them!

I get that the Bills have to stop the run, but what do they do with a Pro Bowler, a first and second round players.

Williams 306lbs
Troupe 315lbs
NFL.com

Fairley 299lbs
Dareus 306lbs
Liuget 300lbs
Wilkerson 301lbs
Talyor 337lbs
Walterfootball.com

Only one of the top 5 are bigger than Willams or Troupe.

I get it, if it is a Suh type player! But there is not one in this draft.

SquishDaFish
01-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Fairly and Darius can play DE also

Dreadnaught
01-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Then why not draft a DE or OLB?

SquishDaFish
01-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Darius and Fairly are way too good to pass up. Both can play DT or 3-4 DE and both are BEASTS

YardRat
01-30-2011, 11:25 AM
I haven't seen too many posters, if any, advocating taking a 34 DT (NT) with the first round pick. Most of the guys being propped are looked at for the DE position.

Mr. Miyagi
01-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Can someone explain to me why people want the Bills to draft a DT. The Bills have a Pro Bowler in Williams and spent a second rounder in Troupe.

People complained that the Bills drafted a RB last year when we had 2 1000 yard rushers. I was one of them!

I get that the Bills have to stop the run, but what do they do with a Pro Bowler, a first and second round players.

Williams 306lbs
Troupe 315lbs
NFL.com

Fairley 299lbs
Dareus 306lbs
Liuget 300lbs
Wilkerson 301lbs
Talyor 337lbs
Walterfootball.com

Only one of the top 5 are bigger than Willams or Troupe.

I get it, if it is a Suh type player! But there is not one in this draft.
Troupe will take time to develop. We need another stud next to Williams NOW.

Big does not mean good, or the other way around.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2011, 11:50 AM
if dareus is there and we take a cb, AGAIN, WE WILL PASS ON A NGATA TYPE PLAYER.

DO YOU GUYS EVER LEARN? LAST IN RUN D????

Dreadnaught
01-30-2011, 12:01 PM
So you are saying that the Bills should have 3 DT's? A PBer, a 1st and 2nd rounder? I do not understand.
YES THE BILLS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN NGATA, but they did not. Let it go.
How many DT's do they need?
I know stopping the run is what they have to do, but there are only 2 DT positions on the field.
Wouldn't they be better served by drafting a DE or OLB or BPA.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2011, 12:07 PM
So you are saying that the Bills should have 3 DT's? A PBer, a 1st and 2nd rounder? I do not understand.
YES THE BILLS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN NGATA, but they did not. Let it go.
How many DT's do they need?
I know stopping the run is what they have to do, but there are only 2 DT positions on the field.
Wouldn't they be better served by drafting a DE or OLB or BPA.

dude, stroud blows, johnson blows, edwards is avg. kyle williams needs a big man next to him. carrington and troup are still developing. last in run d.

WE NEED A DT!!!!!!!!

ddaryl
01-30-2011, 12:07 PM
we don't have much depth at DT. Strouds days are numbered..

You need to have a solid 3or 4 DT's for rotation depending on scheme. Drafting a DT will not be a waste if that is the BPA.

TigerJ
01-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Fairley or Dareus would be a 3-4 defensive end, and they would be excellent. When the Bills move to a 4-3 look, they could move to DT and play 3 technique. They have never been pure DTs and probably won't be wherever they end up in the pros. Bowers, who might be an option for the Bills could probably play DE in a 3-4, but at 275-280 he would be modestly undersized for a 3-4 DE unless he puts on some muscle. Fairley and Dareus are pretty much prototypical for a 3-4 DE.

A number of NFL 3-4 teams have made a regular practice of drafting college DTs and moving them to DE. Remember NE and Richard Seymour.

SquishDaFish
01-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Exactly my point Tiger

FlyingDutchman
01-30-2011, 12:24 PM
dead last versus the rush...if you cant stop that youre not going to win consistantly hands down...