PDA

View Full Version : Boring...

Extremebillsfan247
01-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Man, I thought watching the Bills lose in preseason was boring. The Pro Bowl is garbage. lol How in the world are you going to have a football game with no blitzing? These guys are not even trying to be competitive. The Pro Bowl is officially the worst all star game in sports. JMO

Cntrygal
01-30-2011, 06:43 PM
I haven't bothered to watch it in years. I have much better things to do than to watch that garbage.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-30-2011, 06:44 PM
I started watching, but quickly flipped to Alaska State Troopers that I DVR'd.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-30-2011, 06:49 PM
they need to get rid of the game and still nominate all stars but have a football related competition. like 40 yeard dash, 60 meters, bench press, throwing accuracy etc... that should be the pro bowl...

Ebenezer
01-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Man, I thought watching the Bills lose in preseason was boring. The Pro Bowl is garbage. lol How in the world are you going to have a football game with no blitzing? These guys are not even trying to be competitive. The Pro Bowl is officially the worst all star game in sports. JMO
Let me guess, first time you've ever watched it?

YardRat
01-30-2011, 06:57 PM
I can't even remember the last time I watched a Pro Bowl. Probably back in the Bills' early Super Bowl years.

Joe Fo Sho
01-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Take the guys that were picked to the Pro Bowl, have like 4 captains for each conference and pick teams for an 8 team round-robin flag football game.

Extremebillsfan247
01-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Let me guess, first time you've ever watched it? No, actually its my 33rd. This one by comparison to all the others is the worst Ive ever seen. Even Jim Kelly is complaining about it. lol The problem is that these are suppose to be the NFL's elite. The NFL needs to quit with all the BS rules and let these guys play. You can't even pressure the QB until his offense is inside the 5 yard line of the redzone? no blitzing? defenses must remain in a 4-3 defense? Andre Reed thinks they are playing tentative because of the impending lockout. I think it's just Goodell ball at work. I just hope these kind of rules don't get implemented when the games count.

Thief
01-31-2011, 06:02 AM
It is the first one I watched in over a decade and it made me remember why.

DraftBoy
01-31-2011, 07:32 AM
To be fair every all-star game has a no blitzing rule. Its kind like in the NBA where I dont think they will let you full court press in the All-Star game.

That being said the Senior Bowl on Saturday put the Pro Bowl to shame. Waste of time and money at this point.

DraftBoy
01-31-2011, 07:32 AM
Id be interested to see if the Senior Bowl practices out rated the Pro Bowl.

mikemac2001
01-31-2011, 08:28 AM
I have been to the pro bowl even being there live is boring

I watched like 2 drives a piece and saw the dline not even trying

Johnny Bugmenot
01-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Id be interested to see if the Senior Bowl practices out rated the Pro Bowl.
To quote Allen Iverson:

"We in here talking about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game... we talking about practice."

The Pro Bowl was also on a major broadcast network in prime time. Unlike... practice.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Oh, and while we're on the topic of the Pro Bowl.

Kyle Williams, Pro Bowl nose tackle, leads the defense to... getting walked over for 55 points.

BertSquirtgum
01-31-2011, 09:11 AM
I started watching, but quickly flipped to Alaska State Troopers that I DVR'd.

me too. that show is great.

BertSquirtgum
01-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Oh, and while we're on the topic of the Pro Bowl.

Kyle Williams, Pro Bowl nose tackle, leads the defense to... getting walked over for 55 points.

did he play the entire time? go blow a fart

don137
01-31-2011, 10:05 AM
They need to get rid of the game and replace it with a skills competition. That isn't football and no one is interested.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-31-2011, 10:06 AM
the probowl is basicly a 7 on 7 passing drill with commercials for beer

naugem
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Or they need to put some millions on the line for the winning team.

DraftBoy
01-31-2011, 10:42 AM
To quote Allen Iverson:

"We in here talking about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game... we talking about practice."

The Pro Bowl was also on a major broadcast network in prime time. Unlike... practice.

Oh I still thing the numbers may be closer than you assume.

TacklingDummy
01-31-2011, 11:07 AM
I haven't bothered to watch it in years. I have much better things to do than to watch that garbage.
I didn't even know it was on.

Bangarang
01-31-2011, 11:28 AM
I accidentally left my tv on the Pro Bowl for 15 minutes. Did I just give them ratings?

Johnny Bugmenot
01-31-2011, 01:01 PM
did he play the entire time? go blow a fart
Funny, that's the same line of excuses they use around here. Passing the buck to everyone except him.

SABURZFAN
01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
i fell asleep at 35-0.

Mad Max
01-31-2011, 04:25 PM
The Pro Bowl is hands down the worst exhibition game in all of sport.

MLB All Star game is the closest to the real thing and the winner gets an actual benefit (World Series homefield advantage) therefore the best.

Then comes the NBA All Star game. No defense gets played but you get some gnarly offense.

Then comes the NHL All Star game. No defense gets played but you get some gnarly offense.

The College All Star games in fact are much better than the Pro Bowl, because the guys need to perform well in order to bolster their Draft stock.

better days
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
The Pro Bowl is hands down the worst exhibition game in all of sport.

MLB All Star game is the closest to the real thing and the winner gets an actual benefit (World Series homefield advantage) therefore the best.

Then comes the NBA All Star game. No defense gets played but you get some gnarly offense.

Then comes the NHL All Star game. No defense gets played but you get some gnarly offense.

The College All Star games in fact are much better than the Pro Bowl, because the guys need to perform well in order to bolster their Draft stock.

Agreed. I said in a previous thread about the AFL/NFL merger that I thought it would have been better if the two leagues kept their separate identity like the A.L. & N.L. in baseball.

Back at that time the NFL looked down on the AFL as an inferior league & there was real animosity between the two leagues which made the Pro Bowl a GREAT Game. As it is now, why bother to even play it?

trapezeus
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM
they need to get rid of the game and still nominate all stars but have a football related competition. like 40 yeard dash, 60 meters, bench press, throwing accuracy etc... that should be the pro bowl...

modernize it a bit. faster twitter should be added.