PDA

View Full Version : It pisses me off so much

Mr. Miyagi
01-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Brian Orakpo is in the Pro Bowl.

We're left holding the damn bag with Maybin.

:madcloud:

X-Era
01-30-2011, 08:16 PM

:madcloud:Frustrating as hell. Maybin was the guy I wanted the leadt out of the top DE's that year.

I was a bit surprised Orakpo dropped to us and even more surprised we didn't take him.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-30-2011, 08:21 PM
I thought for sure Orakpo was the name that was going to be called for Buffalo's pick.

ServoBillieves
01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
And Clay Matthews is in the SB.

Yup, that Maybin kid's gonna be something special.

****ing Jauron...

better days
01-30-2011, 08:25 PM

Thanks a lot Dick. Jauron is the only person alive that drafted worse than Matt Millen. I think 90% of this board could have done better drafting.

mikemac2001
01-30-2011, 09:10 PM
I am also mad but maybin was raw....give him this offseason and if he hasn't learned in 3 years another jauron miscue

OpIv37
01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Its infuriating that Fletcher is there as well. We should have kept him. Fletcher and Orakpo would have bought us at least 2-3 more wins, maybe more.

Novacane
01-30-2011, 09:18 PM
I am also mad but maybin was raw....give him this offseason and if he hasn't learned in 3 years another jauron miscue

He has shown nothing. Zip. Nada. Another offseason is not going to change a thing.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Its infuriating that Fletcher is there as well. We should have kept him. Fletcher and Orakpo would have bought us at least 2-3 more wins, maybe more.

I also miss having Winfield in Buffalo, at least he was a DB that could make a tackle.

Mr. Miyagi
01-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks a lot Dick. Jauron is the only person alive that drafted worse than Matt Millen. I think 90% of this board could have done better drafting.
I know I couldn't believe Orakpo fell to us that day and I would've jumped on him right away.

Mr. Miyagi
01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
I also miss having Winfield in Buffalo, at least he was a DB that could make a tackle.
Winfield I don't miss. He was a good tackler, especially in the endzone. Much like Whitner.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Winfield I don't miss. He was a good tackler, especially in the endzone. Much like Whitner.

I remember Winfield making some tackles at the LOS, something Whiner cant/wont do.

Mike
01-30-2011, 09:49 PM

Yup, that Maybin kid's gonna be something special.

****ing Jauron
Its also Partially Fans Fault for Supporting OBD and Jauron the first 3yrs. I remember the pick and how STRONGLY most Bills Fans Defended it!!! Even after year one, when it was obvious which way things are going, Fans defended the pick always alluding to the idea that OBD must know something about these players and the draft that we don't -obviously false. So, in retrospect, if you were in DJ's shoes and for 3years or so, and you had the blind support of Bills fans everywhere wouldn't you think you were right too?

Now, are many of us doing this Same thing all over again? I know many defended Spiller when he was drafted and are defending him again after showing very little... If you are one of those fans, and Spiller and the Current Administration Fail, its part your fault as well for supporting bad football decisions.

TacklingDummy
01-30-2011, 09:59 PM
When is the Pro-Bowl?

TacklingDummy
01-30-2011, 10:06 PM

And Alex Mack, Michael Oher, Brian Cushing, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks. Josh Freeman, Brandon Pettigrew.

Hell just about anyone else in the 1st round would have been a better pick. That's the main reason why I think Maybin is the worst pick in Bills history.

X-Era
01-30-2011, 10:20 PM
And Alex Mack, Michael Oher, Brian Cushing, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks. Josh Freeman, Brandon Pettigrew.

Hell just about anyone else in the 1st round would have been a better pick. That's the main reason why I think Maybin is the worst pick in Bills history.Josh Freeman? As a junior who declared, he had less than 37 starts in college (35) and less than 60% completion percentage (59.1)...

TacklingDummy
01-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Josh Freeman? As a junior who declared, he had less than 37 starts in college (35) and less than 60% completion percentage (59.1)...
I guess Tampa shouldn't have reached for him.

X-Era
01-30-2011, 10:32 PM
I guess Tampa shouldn't have reached for him.Some thought they did.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/174801-josh-freeman-a-reach-for-the-bucs

Beebe's Kid
01-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Some thought they did.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/174801-josh-freeman-a-reach-for-the-bucs

Well Tampa got the last laugh...they have a franchise QB...they just can't make the Playoffs.

That's weird...because that's all you need. Wait! They need to draft a stud D-lineman, and they'll be all set, I'm sure.

better days
01-31-2011, 12:41 AM
Well Tampa got the last laugh...they have a franchise QB...they just can't make the Playoffs.

That's weird...because that's all you need. Wait! They need to draft a stud D-lineman, and they'll be all set, I'm sure.

They already did, McCoy will be a very good player. Wait until next year.

ServoBillieves
01-31-2011, 01:16 AM
Its also Partially Fans Fault for Supporting OBD and Jauron the first 3yrs. I remember the pick and how STRONGLY most Bills Fans Defended it!!! Even after year one, when it was obvious which way things are going, Fans defended the pick always alluding to the idea that OBD must know something about these players and the draft that we don't -obviously false. So, in retrospect, if you were in DJ's shoes and for 3years or so, and you had the blind support of Bills fans everywhere wouldn't you think you were right too?

Now, are many of us doing this Same thing all over again? I know many defended Spiller when he was drafted and are defending him again after showing very little... If you are one of those fans, and Spiller and the Current Administration Fail, its part your fault as well for supporting bad football decisions.

I think the Maybin and Spiller pick were both beyond stupid.

Your move.

Spiderweb
01-31-2011, 02:28 AM
I remember Winfield making some tackles at the LOS, something Whiner cant/wont do.

For tackling, Winfield could run a clinic and teach most of those in the NFL how to properly tackle. Maybe because of his size, he had to perfect the technique, but perfect it he did. I was never all that impressed with his coverage skills, although he
was generally adequate.

I do recall him giving up a lot of catches but then making the tackle.......

Novacane
01-31-2011, 06:48 AM
FWIW I did not like the Maybin pick when it was made. Could not believe they passed on Orakpo. The Spiller pick I liked. Thought he was BPA. He at least showed some flashes his rookie year. Can't be compared to Maybin.

Now to the part about it partially being the fans fault. That's :coocoo: We are fans. What were we supposed to do? Not go to games or watch anymore because they took Maybin over Orakpo? Even if we don't like the pick we are going to give him a chance. Most of us will anyway :lol: No matter how much we like or dislike a pick none of us know until he gets out on the field.

don137
01-31-2011, 07:27 AM
The thing is the vast majority on this site wanted Ngata at #8 and the Bills took Whitner. Two years ago the vast majority wanted Orakpo and they took Maybin. Imagine how much better their defense would be if they had Ngata and Orakpo instead of Whitner and Maybin

k-oneputt
01-31-2011, 07:43 AM
But they are the "experts". It's what they do. My ass they've sucked for years.

Mr. Miyagi
01-31-2011, 08:27 AM

What's up with the randomly capitalized words?

ddaryl
01-31-2011, 08:39 AM
90% of this forum wanted Oher or Orakpo that year.

90% of this forum wanted Ngata instead of what we got...

how many of us were happy to trade away a 1st rd pick for Rob Johnson, or trade picks away for JP Losman ?

How about the ridiculous luxury McGahee pick...

it's been a rough 10 years

I still think we did well last year although Spiller wasn't whom I wanted last year at #9

Jeff1220
01-31-2011, 08:43 AM
Now I'm depressed. :(

Mr. Miyagi
01-31-2011, 08:50 AM
The thing is the vast majority on this site wanted Ngata at #8 and the Bills took Whitner. Two years ago the vast majority wanted Orakpo and they took Maybin. Imagine how much better their defense would be if they had Ngata and Orakpo instead of Whitner and Maybin
Maybe they should change the draft format to more like American Idol, voted in by fans.

ddaryl
01-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Maybe they should change the draft format to more like American Idol, voted in by fans.

as long as I get to select which fans get to choose, because there were plenty that wanted Maybin...

and there are plenty that would reach for an over-hyped arm

SABURZFAN
01-31-2011, 04:13 PM

i felt the same way watching the Pro Bowl. :goodpost:

Mike
02-01-2011, 10:42 PM

Honestly, I think the consensus picks were Orakpo & Ngata. Most any other franchise, or fan would have chosen them and would have turned out to be right.

The fact that OBD dropped the ball on such an obvious choice really goes to show how truely sub-par they are and which has shown on the field. When a good portion of your fan base can make better pics than you on draft day, that goes to show that you have almost zero chance of being competitive.

Mike
02-01-2011, 10:45 PM
But they are the "experts". It's what they do. My ass they've sucked for years.

Could not agree more. When they make bad choices the last thing fans should do is buy tickets to go see sub par talent. This was the first year, in many that the Bills did not sell out a majority of their games, and we have sucked for years. So, this year, when they make a horrible choice come draft time, lets not give them the benefit of the doubt or the 'expert' label because they have earned neither.

Mike
02-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Now to the part about it partially being the fans fault. That's :coocoo: We are fans. What were we supposed to do? Not go to games or watch anymore because they took Maybin over Orakpo? Even if we don't like the pick we are going to give him a chance. Most of us will anyway :lol: No matter how much we like or dislike a pick none of us know until he gets out on the field.

What were we supposed to do? Not go to games or watch anymore because they took Maybin over Orakpo? The Problems was not that they took Maybin over Orakpo in that particular draft but that they have been making similar moves for 10+ years which has lead to a poor product on the field. So to answer you question, fans should have not gone in the first place. Why waste 4hrs plus watching a bad football team loose which may worsen your mood later?

No matter how much we like or dislike a pick none of us know until he gets out on the field. Now I have been predicting this since the second that they drafted him, and I was by no means the only one. So how is it possible that some of us predicted this? Well, to us it was obvious. Maybin was a young one year wonder at college who was too light to play the position he was drafted for. Its like picking a 5'9" 150 guy as your LT. The numbers just don't add up, at all. It was so obvious that many of the fans knew it, and it was no surprise at all when he failed. What makes it worse is that they could have had the real deal. Orakpo was the right size, he was very strong, quick, muscular, and had many years of success. Moreover, he was projected to be a top 10 pick by some and a top 5 pick by others. It was a miracle that he fell to us! If the draft were held today, I think he would be one of the first players taken, conversely Maybin would not be drafted at all.

Mike
02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
That would be fun. They should do that now. ESPN can take poll on who should get drafted before each pick is in and many years later compare the experts vs the fans.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Ahhhh No

Extremebillsfan247
02-02-2011, 07:03 AM
I would share the sentiment if the pro bowl still held some meaning to me, but it doesn't.

The Jokeman
02-02-2011, 08:08 AM
He has shown nothing. Zip. Nada. Another offseason is not going to change a thing.
Relax. I heard from a very reliable source that our front office is going to make things right and sign Vernon Gholston on the first day off free agency.

k-oneputt
02-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Everyone is tired with their stupid,idiotic draft picks and philosphy. { if they even have a philosphy}. But Nix/Gailey are only in their second year so we need to wait on them. Personally I wasn't excited about last years draft as our top-3 picks were basically useless, and I'm not big on using premium picks on guys from C. Fla. and Ark. St.. The coming season will give us a better view on those guys.

justasportsfan
02-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Maybe we can trade Maybin to the browns. Dick would love to have him.

Bill Cody
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
when your ass is smaller than a runway models it MIGHT be a hint that it will be tough to bulk up to NFL size. On the other hand Maybin could be a terror in the arena league.

PTI
02-02-2011, 01:19 PM
They already did, McCoy will be a very good player. Wait until next year.

McCoy? You mean crappy stats but won a few games? Sounds like another University of Texas QB to me.

stuckincincy
02-03-2011, 09:26 AM

I thought they might have tried converting him to FS.