PDA

View Full Version : would you trade a 2nd for kolb?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 08:57 AM
i know buddy says we will probably draft a qb, but if this guy could be had for a 3rd, or even a 2nd, would you pull the trigger? is kolb better than any qb we can draft in your opinion?

in 7 starts hes played well in 4 of them 1 avg, 2 bad... he reminds me of aaron rodgers with that strong arm and hyper quick release.

i think a 2nd and later pick would seal it. nobody will give up their 1st and our 2nd is basically a 1st so we could get this done...

what do you think?

TacklingDummy
01-31-2011, 09:02 AM
No, gets injured too much. RJ Jr.

elltrain22
01-31-2011, 09:03 AM
I said no. I really don't understand why people are high on this guy. He's done nothing but disappoint thus far, and IMO, he's got Rob Johnson written all over him

ddaryl
01-31-2011, 09:05 AM
We already have a Kolb , his name is Fitzpatrick... Accept he doesn't get injured, and he already has the teams respect

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 09:14 AM
hey, does anyone have our full offensive stats while fitz was starting for 13 games, and not the other 3 with trentative and brohm?

better days
01-31-2011, 09:22 AM
There is NO WAY Philly trades Kolb for anything less than a 1st so this thread is pointless.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 09:33 AM
There is NO WAY Philly trades Kolb for anything less than a 1st so this thread is pointless.

nobody is giving up a 1st... he has 7 starts... 3 of them were sub par...

maybe, maybe two 2nds, but i doubt it...

better days
01-31-2011, 09:43 AM
nobody is giving up a 1st... he has 7 starts... 3 of them were sub par...

maybe, maybe two 2nds, but i doubt it...

Well maybe nobody would give up a 1st, but Philly is not looking to move him either so it does not matter what or what not any team would be willing to give up.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Well maybe nobody would give up a 1st, but Philly is not looking to move him either so it does not matter what or what not any team would be willing to give up.

phili does want to move him, hes a fa next year...

Figster
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM

It is possible the Eagles would swap positions with our 1st and we get Kolb in return which might be something to think about in my opinion.

I was not impressed with Kolb's last outing, but as someone pointed out here on the zone, the game was meaningless for the Eagles and Kolb was playing with 3rd string players.

Earlier in the season I watched Kevin Kolb literally pick apart a real good Falcon defense for 326 yards, 3 TD's (one of them fo 83 yards) and finished the game with a 133.6 QB rating.

Kolb has good command of the huddle, shows good leadership qualities and has been NFL tested.

Kevin Kolb should be on the Bills radar in my opinion.

streetkings01
01-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Any team that trades a 2nd for Kolb really doesn't know what their doing! Unless you run the same system as the Eagles I doubt you'll get much production out of Kolb.

Figster
01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Any team that trades a 2nd for Kolb really doesn't know what their doing! Unless you run the same system as the Eagles I doubt you'll get much production out of Kolb.

I disagree, (voted yes)

Its hard to understand how a majority of this board wants to go defense with the 1st pick we have and then given the option to take a stab at what could be a franchise signal caller with our 2nd, vote against it.

Its the type of mentality that's kept the Buffalo Bills from finding a franchise signal caller to begin with in my opinion because If you don't take a gamble its never going to happen.

So the Eagles believe Kolb is starting material and we know better, right...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 10:01 AM
It is possible the Eagles would swap positions with our 1st and we get Kolb in return which might be something to think about in my opinion.

I was not impressed with Kolb's last outing, but as someone pointed out here on the zone, the game was meaningless for the Eagles and Kolb was playing with 3rd string players.

Earlier in the season I watched Kevin Kolb literally pick apart a real good Falcon defense for 326 yards, 3 TD's (one of them fo 83 yards) and finished the game with a 133.6 QB rating.

Kolb has good command of the huddle, shows good leadership qualities and has been NFL tested.

Kevin Kolb should be on the Bills radar in my opinion.

Thats what im saying, its something to think about... he looked like aaron rodgers in 4 of his 7 starts... thats not bad folks...

im on the fence... i would probably not do it but im not sure....

Figster
01-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Thats what im saying, its something to think about... he looked like aaron rodgers in 4 of his 7 starts... thats not bad folks...

im on the fence... i would probably not do it but im not sure....

No, its not bad, and who did Ryan Fitzpatrick beat in 13 starts?

Kevin Kolb has a cannon of an arm and see's the field very well. Chan Gailey could do a lot with a fella like Kevin Kolb in my opinion.

Night Train
01-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Whether people like him or not, the NFL is a QB driven league and teams will ALWAYS overpay for someone with decent ability.

clumping platelets
01-31-2011, 10:22 AM
No thanks...............sign Fitz to a 1 yr extension and draft our "QB of the future"

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 10:23 AM
if we are going to draft a qb in rd 2, then it probably makes sense to trade for kolb... just sayin

Beebe's Kid
01-31-2011, 10:50 AM
No thanks...............sign Fitz to a 1 yr extension and draft our "QB of the future"

I know it isn't a popular viewpoint, but I think that Fitz is the "QB of the future."

I know that is just plain ridiculous, right? He's not Jim Kelly, right? We need a real stud QB to come in and play below average for a couple years, then get comfortable in a good system and start to produce, right?

I am not for spending anything on another QB. Maybe a 3rd round pick, but I would much rather have a defense, and see what Chan and Fitzy do together after another year of working towards a common goal.

Just my meaningless, unprofessional, opinion, but I am willing to be that there are more Fitz supporters at the end of next year. I think there are a lot of Fitz guys now, with a number of them being located at OBD. It will have to play itself out.

Kolb is a West Coast Offense QB...if you do not possess the ability to see the necessity of a checkdown, you have to check no. If you fall in to this category, but love to piss and moan, vote yes.

I don't think that Kolb is the guy, but what do I know? I've been wrong before, and will be again, probably any minute now. I just like Fitz, and I love that he made football fun to watch again.

DraftBoy
01-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Philly isnt moving Kolb, Vick is a FA.

wmoz11
01-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Philly already said that they will be franchising Vick and looking to trade Kolb. If you want to believe Adam Schefter, that is.

better days
01-31-2011, 10:57 AM
phili does want to move him, hes a fa next year...

Show me one article that says Philly WANTS to move Kolb. They do not know how well Vick will play this year now that teams have plenty of film on him for one, for another Philly is looking to make the playoffs & Vick will likely not play every game because of injury.

Philly can afford to keep both for at least one more year & will do so unless some team is willing to OVERPAY for Kolb. Payton Manning is a FA maybe the Bills can pick him up.................just as likely as getting Kolb.

DraftBoy
01-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Philly already said that they will be franchising Vick and looking to trade Kolb. If you want to believe Adam Schefter, that is.

Didnt hear that, if true then they arent moving Kolb for a second.

Figster
01-31-2011, 11:08 AM
Didnt hear that, if true then they arent moving Kolb for a second.

To many teams looking for signal callers so I'm assuming someone will trade their 1st for Kevin Kolb, (probably late in the 1st though)

better days
01-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I just checked ProFootballtalk.com. They had nothing at all about Kolb on the site. If it were true, I think they would have credited Schefter with breaking that story.

In any case, there is no way Philly would trade Kolb for a 2nd rnd pick.

Bangarang
01-31-2011, 11:27 AM
What's so good about Kolb that I'm not seeing?

BuffaloBlitz83
01-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Kolb will be traded as Vick is about to be franchised. Nobody will offer a 1st. Kolb will be moved for a 2nd and I wouldn't want him for a 3rd. I rather roll with a guy like Locker, Mallet, Ponder, Gabbert

streetkings01
01-31-2011, 11:35 AM
I disagree, (voted yes)

Its hard to understand how a majority of this board wants to go defense with the 1st pick we have and then given the option to take a stab at what could be a franchise signal caller with our 2nd, vote against it.

Its the type of mentality that's kept the Buffalo Bills from finding a franchise signal caller to begin with in my opinion because If you don't take a gamble its never going to happen.

So the Eagles believe Kolb is starting material and we know better, right...If the Eagles felt he was a franchise signal caller than Vick who will be 31 would be the QB on the way out not Kolb who is 26. The Eagles seem ready to give up on Kolb after 2 years and 7 starts and your ready to offer them a 2nd rd pick plus his contract?

Figster
01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
I just checked ProFootballtalk.com. They had nothing at all about Kolb on the site. If it were true, I think they would have credited Schefter with breaking that story.

In any case, there is no way Philly would trade Kolb for a 2nd rnd pick.

Heres an article on it better days http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6073930

Figster
01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
If the Eagles felt he was a franchise signal caller than Vick who will be 31 would be the QB on the way out not Kolb who is 26. The Eagles seem ready to give up on Kolb after 2 years and 7 starts and your ready to offer them a 2nd rd pick plus his contract?

Yes, it allows us to go D with our first and still addresses the QB position which after Brohms horrible performance is a must,

Allow Fitz and Kolb to battle for the start...

streetkings01
01-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Yes, it allows us to go D with our first and still addresses the QB position which after Brohms horrible performance is a must,

Allow Fitz and Kolb to battle for the start...If you trade a 2nd for Kolb......you dont bring him in for competition for Fitz. You bring him in to start. Kolb's contract calls for any team who trades for him to give him an extension plus turn the team over to him. Are you prepared to do that with Kolb?

If we draft a rookie in the 2nd........

A) It's a guy who fits the type of QB Chan sees running his offense
B) His contract is cheap and you have him for 4 years

If we trade for Kolb.....

A) We have to extend his contract
B)Start him right away with no competition since we would have egg on our face for trading a 2nd rd pick for a guy that will sit the bench
C)Take a chance on a guy that has done nothing outside of a couple good games against bad defenses......does Rob Johnson ring a bell?

Nighthawk
01-31-2011, 12:00 PM
No, gets injured too much. RJ Jr.

I just don't see why this guy is thought of so highly? A big fat...PASS!

PTI
01-31-2011, 12:29 PM
I would in a second. Kolb will be way better than Fitz. Fitz already peeked, as evidence by how poor he ended the season. Fitz was dreadful in his last 5 starts, just as bad as Edwards was in the first 2 starts.

BillsFanCupp38
01-31-2011, 12:32 PM
He sucks

SABURZFAN
01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
didn't we have this same thread not too long ago?

better days
01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
I would in a second. Kolb will be way better than Fitz. Fitz already peeked, as evidence by how poor he ended the season. Fitz was dreadful in his last 5 starts, just as bad as Edwards was in the first 2 starts.

Nobody knows if Kolb has peaked or not..................he has not played all that much. WHY IS THAT??????????????

YardRat
01-31-2011, 05:45 PM
No, and I actually took some of my valuable time and the painstaking effort to vote.

better days
01-31-2011, 05:59 PM
No, and I actually took some of my valuable time and the painstaking effort to vote.

I didn't even waste my time to see the poll results because it does not matter.

Figster
01-31-2011, 06:03 PM
I didn't even waste my time to see the poll results because it does not matter.

Actually Buffalo's high 2nd could be the best offer the Eagles get, you never know.

I'm predicting someone with a late 1st round pick after Gabbert, Newton and Mallet are gone.

better days
01-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Actually Buffalo's high 2nd could be the best offer the Eagles get, you never know.

I'm predicting someone with a late 1st round pick after Gabbert, Newton and Mallet are gone.

You may be right, Buffalos 2nd rnd pick could be the best offer the Birds get but as I said before even though Schefter said they are willing to listen to offers, they will not trade him unless a team is willing to OVERPAY. I would lay odds Kolb will be an Eagle next year.

bigdog72ny
01-31-2011, 07:12 PM
they wont get a first for kolb,he wasnt even a first round pick to begin with

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 07:16 PM
You may be right, Buffalos 2nd rnd pick could be the best offer the Birds get but as I said before even though Schefter said they are willing to listen to offers, they will not trade him unless a team is willing to OVERPAY. I would lay odds Kolb will be an Eagle next year.

they have no leverage, either trade him or lose him in fa next year...

better days
01-31-2011, 07:26 PM
they have no leverage, either trade him or lose him in fa next year...

No, they can Franchise tag Kolb after next year & then trade him, or they may decide to sign him to a contract & not keep Vick after next year depending on how well Vick plays & his health.

If the Eagles do franchise Vick this coming year & do not sign him to a long term contract, you can bet the farm they will not trade Kolb for less than at least a #1 this year.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 08:38 PM
No, they can Franchise tag Kolb after next year & then trade him, or they may decide to sign him to a contract & not keep Vick after next year depending on how well Vick plays & his health.

If the Eagles do franchise Vick this coming year & do not sign him to a long term contract, you can bet the farm they will not trade Kolb for less than at least a #1 this year.

if they franchise vick, then they will work out a long term deal. plus they wont franchise a backup qb... makes no sense... also kolb doesnt have a cutler type value. he hasnt proven much

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 09:06 PM
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2011/1/31/1965158/the-official-6500-word-guide-to-kevin-kolbs-offseason-can-should-and

highlights of kolb... solid analysis

Joe Fo Sho
01-31-2011, 09:27 PM
if they franchise vick, then they will work out a long term deal. plus they wont franchise a backup qb... makes no sense... also kolb doesnt have a cutler type value. he hasnt proven much

Why can't they franchise/trade him after next year?

better days
01-31-2011, 09:48 PM

As long as you know the future can you tell me next weeks lotto numbers?

Well, I guess it made no sense when the Pats* put the franchise tag on Cassell. Kolb has Cassell, Schaub value.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 10:24 PM
As long as you know the future can you tell me next weeks lotto numbers?

Well, I guess it made no sense when the Pats* put the franchise tag on Cassell. Kolb has Cassell, Schaub value.

wasnt cassell traded for a 2nd ?

better days
01-31-2011, 10:33 PM
wasnt cassell traded for a 2nd ?

Yes he was. The point is the Eagles MAY settle for a 2nd NEXT YEAR for Kolb but NOT this year.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Yes he was. The point is the Eagles MAY settle for a 2nd NEXT YEAR for Kolb but NOT this year.

look at cassels 16 game stats and then look at kolbs, hes not worth a 1st dude... aint happening...

a 3rd or 2nd will get it done

better days
02-01-2011, 08:32 AM
look at cassels 16 game stats and then look at kolbs, hes not worth a 1st dude... aint happening...

a 3rd or 2nd will get it done

Well maybe it would if the Eagles REALLY wanted to trade Kolb THIS YEAR. They have no reason to trade Kolb. They can afford to keep both for this year.

If Kolb were traded, who would play QB for Philly if/when Vick is injured? A team with playoff aspirations does not want to start a rookie or scrub in the middle of a playoff race.

A second for Kolb this year... aint happening...

Figster
02-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Well maybe it would if the Eagles REALLY wanted to trade Kolb THIS YEAR. They have no reason to trade Kolb. They can afford to keep both for this year.

If Kolb were traded, who would play QB for Philly if/when Vick is injured? A team with playoff aspirations does not want to start a rookie or scrub in the middle of a playoff race.

A second for Kolb this year... aint happening...

Teams also don't like QB controversy's, probably the main reason Trent Edwards was sent packing.

In my opinion if Kevin Kolb wants out of Philly which he probably does considering the circumstances, the Eagles will try to oblige and take the best offer on the table.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Kolb does remind me of Rodgers...

PTI
02-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Nobody knows if Kolb has peaked or not..................he has not played all that much. WHY IS THAT??????????????

Well, I will play along. He has had some other good QBs on his team, and also had an injury that took him off the field. After that, there was great pressure to leave Vick in, everyone knows that. How can it be thought of that Kolb has no peaked yet? If you just don't think he is that good, that is one thing. Why on the world would the Eagles give Kolb more than 12 million guaranteed if they and others around the league did not think he was that good or at least going to be? They are actually a pretty good team with a decent track record over the last 10 plus years.

We have already seen Fitz peak, that can almost be made as a fact. We saw his last 5 starts and the regression was really his last 8 starts. He was awful and so bad that Chan gave him a mercy sitting in the last game versus the Jets so people just remember how bad Brohm was instead of how bad Fitz really is and always was.

PTI
02-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Kolb does remind me of Rodgers...

He does to me as well.

better days
02-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Teams also don't like QB controversy's, probably the main reason Trent Edwards was sent packing.

In my opinion if Kevin Kolb wants out of Philly which he probably does considering the circumstances, the Eagles will try to oblige and take the best offer on the table.

Yeah, the Bills got rid of Trent because of a QB controversy not because he sucked. Only in your world.

The Eagles will not take anything less what they think is FULL Value for Kolb in my opinion.

Figster
02-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, the Bills got rid of Trent because of a QB controversy not because he sucked. Only in your world.

The Eagles will not take anything less what they think is FULL Value for Kolb in my opinion.

Do you honestly think Brian Brohm made a better backup then Trent Edwards?

NOT THE DUDE...
02-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Well, I will play along. He has had some other good QBs on his team, and also had an injury that took him off the field. After that, there was great pressure to leave Vick in, everyone knows that. How can it be thought of that Kolb has no peaked yet? If you just don't think he is that good, that is one thing. Why on the world would the Eagles give Kolb more than 12 million guaranteed if they and others around the league did not think he was that good or at least going to be? They are actually a pretty good team with a decent track record over the last 10 plus years.

We have already seen Fitz peak, that can almost be made as a fact. We saw his last 5 starts and the regression was really his last 8 starts. He was awful and so bad that Chan gave him a mercy sitting in the last game versus the Jets so people just remember how bad Brohm was instead of how bad Fitz really is and always was.

The pitt, miami games??

Extremebillsfan247
02-01-2011, 11:23 AM
No, he isn't worth a 2nd rounder any more. McNabb was traded to give him the starting job in Philly and he lost it to Vick. The dude is wasted talent and nothing more. We don't need another teams scrub QB.

justasportsfan
02-01-2011, 11:30 AM
there was no controversy. Fitz and Trent got along. Trent was sent packing because there was no use keeping him.

better days
02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
there was no controversy. Fitz and Trent got along. Trent was sent packing because there was no use keeping him.

EXACTLY. Chan knew there was nothing to be gained by keeping Trent & wanted to see what Brohm had. The Bills also had no aspirations of making the playoffs as the Eagles do.

PTI
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
EXACTLY. Chan knew there was nothing to be gained by keeping Trent & wanted to see what Brohm had. The Bills also had no aspirations of making the playoffs as the Eagles do.

Trent was under contract for cheap and was the starter. He is way better than Brohm. For the whole season he played Fitz even though the Bills never won and there was plenty of chance to see more of Brohm all season long so what you say cannot be reality. He did not get to see what Brohm had anyway, that was a mercy sitting by Chan in the last game. Fitz was so bad in the Patriots game that he could afford to play him against the Jets in case he sucked which would have meant two dreadful games in a row to end against division rivals. There would be no way to sell Fitz as starter next year to the silly people who believe Fitz is actually good if that happened (even though if he had 3 more INTs and 2 more fumbles against the Jets people for some reason would say he was good still). The last memory of 2010-2011 season now is how awful Brohm, Fitz caught a break.

justasportsfan
02-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Trent was under contract for cheap and was the starter. He is way better than Brohm. For the whole season he played Fitz even though the Bills never won and there was plenty of chance to see more of Brohm all season long so what you say cannot be reality. He did not get to see what Brohm had anyway, that was a mercy sitting by Chan in the last game. Fitz was so bad in the Patriots game that he could afford to play him against the Jets in case he sucked which would have meant two dreadful games in a row to end against division rivals. There would be no way to sell Fitz as starter next year to the silly people who believe Fitz is actually good if that happened (even though if he had 3 more INTs and 2 more fumbles against the Jets people for some reason would say he was good still). The last memory of 2010-2011 season now is how awful Brohm, Fitz caught a break.
I guess Chan was willing to lose trying to find out what they had in Brohm (if Fitz got injured) rather than lose with Trent which they thought would happen (if Fitz got injured) as evidenced by the 1st 2 games.

better days
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM

He got to work with Brohm & see him in practice which he could not do if Trent were still on the team as the #2 QB because Trent would have been getting that work in practice.

PTI
02-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I guess Chan was willing to lose trying to find out what they had in Brohm (if Fitz got injured) rather than lose with Trent which they thought would happen (if Fitz got injured) as evidenced by the 1st 2 games.

Packers let up like 15 points a game, can you really expect Fitz to have done any better than Fitz did? There were 2 Edwards INTS basically just taken out of the hands of Bills WRs that game too. As far as the Miami, the Bills scored 10 with Edwards and 17 with Fitz (when Shaun Hill got 34 the week after when Miami had imploded too, like that was a good QB display......NOT).

Fitz proved he is better for the Bills long term, but to me he only showed that as a backup. There is no way the Bills don't get to 4 wins if Edwards played every game. They would have easily had 4 wins still.

PTI
02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
He got to work with Brohm & see him in practice which he could not do if Trent were still on the team as the #2 QB because Trent would have been getting that work in practice.

Well, if history shows anything, then Bills should dump Fitz too, because Brohm learned nothing from working with Fitz, Brohm was awful. Maybe the Bills need 2 QBs then? Trent a whole year in Gailey's offense could have competed still as #2 with Fitz and potentially been #2 in 2012 after Fitz's contract ends and we draft a QB this year (or trade for Kolb or something like that).

justasportsfan
02-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Packers let up like 15 points a game, can you really expect Fitz to have done any better than Fitz did? There were 2 Edwards INTS basically just taken out of the hands of Bills WRs that game too. As far as the Miami, the Bills scored 10 with Edwards and 17 with Fitz (when Shaun Hill got 34 the week after when Miami had imploded too, like that was a good QB display......NOT).

Fitz proved he is better for the Bills long term, but to me he only showed that as a backup. There is no way the Bills don't get to 4 wins if Edwards played every game. They would have easily had 4 wins still.

Trent had more time with the 1st team all offseason and Fitz just came in and played flat out better. Not arguing about whether Fitz is the answer as I am not sold on him myself but won't simply say that he can't get better either playing under the same team in his 2nd year. My argument is that, I don't have a problem with Chan letting Trent go. I would have rather even have Levi Brown play before Trent.

better days
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Well, if history shows anything, then Bills should dump Fitz too, because Brohm learned nothing from working with Fitz, Brohm was awful. Maybe the Bills need 2 QBs then? Trent a whole year in Gailey's offense could have competed still as #2 with Fitz and potentially been #2 in 2012 after Fitz's contract ends and we draft a QB this year (or trade for Kolb or something like that).

Well, aside from the fact Trent sucks, he is a free agent now. There are VERY FEW Bills fans that would have been happy about the Bills resigning Edwards.

Figster
02-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Kolb wants to start

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/02/01/kolb-wants-to-start/ (Chris Brown)

dannyek71
02-01-2011, 10:56 PM
It is possible the Eagles would swap positions with our 1st and we get Kolb in return which might be something to think about in my opinion..

no!

Figster
02-03-2011, 12:50 PM
no!

So what do you guys suggest? The majority of the board wants Buffalo to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball and I can understand that, but the Bills also have to address the QB position.

Fitz is backup caliber and Brohm sucks, so seriously, are we supposed to ignore the most important position on the football team?

The way I see it the Bills have, Newton, Gabbert, Mallet, Young, and Kolb to choose from and we need to land one of them in my opinion.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Are we still defending Trent Edwards? He sucked in Buffalo and clearly he sucked in Jacksonville too. How much more proof do we need that he sucks?

He's done in this league. He's way worse than David Carr and Carr is a 3rd string in a crappy offense.

Figster
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Are we still defending Trent Edwards? He sucked in Buffalo and clearly he sucked in Jacksonville too. How much more proof do we need that he sucks?

He's done in this league. He's way worse than David Carr and Carr is a 3rd string in a crappy offense.
Coming from someone who used to be a big Trent Edwards fan, from a QB perspective I'm done with him. As a person I think TE's a good guy, but as a QB I'm pretty much convinced now he's a career backup at best.

PTI
02-03-2011, 01:59 PM

You may have been referring to my post. I wasn't defending Trent, I was not giving Fitz any credit is what I was doing. Bills won 4 games. They could have won 4 games with Trent too. 3 of the games the Bills actually won the Bills scored 17, 14, and 12 points. I used to think Trent could be good, but that concussion took all the guts out of him. He could be a backup for awhile. Fitz is just a backup too though.

Bert102176
02-04-2011, 12:14 AM
I would give a 3rd rounder for him but nothing more

better days
02-04-2011, 07:17 AM
So what do you guys suggest? The majority of the board wants Buffalo to concentrate on the defensive side of the ball and I can understand that, but the Bills also have to address the QB position.

Fitz is backup caliber and Brohm sucks, so seriously, are we supposed to ignore the most important position on the football team?

The way I see it the Bills have, Newton, Gabbert, Mallet, Young, and Kolb to choose from and we need to land one of them in my opinion.

The Eagles are not going to take a 2nd rnd pick for Kolb this year. They have no reason to do so. As a team looking to make the playoffs it would be better for them to keep Kolb this year unless a team overpays for him.

Figster
02-04-2011, 08:17 AM
The Eagles are not going to take a 2nd rnd pick for Kolb this year. They have no reason to do so. As a team looking to make the playoffs it would be better for them to keep Kolb this year unless a team overpays for him.

With all due respect better days, I believe the Eagles will take their best offer because Kevin Kolb has notified Andy Reid / organization that he wants to start somewhere this coming up season.

Having a disgruntled player who is forced to stay is just not a good scenario. The Eagles drafted Kolb in the 2nd and in my opinion If need be they will trade Kolb for a second.

Myself personally, after Mallet, Newton and Gabbert are gone (in the 1st) Kevin Kolb becomes the best option available to the Buffalo Bills.

better days
02-04-2011, 11:59 AM
With all due respect better days, I believe the Eagles will take their best offer because Kevin Kolb has notified Andy Reid / organization that he wants to start somewhere this coming up season.

Having a disgruntled player who is forced to stay is just not a good scenario. The Eagles drafted Kolb in the 2nd and in my opinion If need be they will trade Kolb for a second.

Myself personally, after Mallet, Newton and Gabbert are gone (in the 1st) Kevin Kolb becomes the best option available to the Buffalo Bills.

Well, out of curiosity, how much would you be willing to give up to get Kolb? Would you be willing to give up more than a 2nd rnd pick for him? Time will tell which of us is right but I think the Eagles would rather have a disgruntled Kolb for this year than a rookie or scrub unless some team overpays for him.

Figster
02-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Well, out of curiosity, how much would you be willing to give up to get Kolb? Would you be willing to give up more than a 2nd rnd pick for him? Time will tell which of us is right but I think the Eagles would rather have a disgruntled Kolb for this year than a rookie or scrub unless some team overpays for him.

At one time I may have been inclined to offer more than a 2nd, but have since changed my mind.

Yip yip yipeeee,! I'm up to 2 on my rep power now!