PDA

View Full Version : Fisher out, Munchak in?

T-Long
02-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Click here (http://www.thefanhub.com/643/elsewhere/nfl/fisher-out-munchak-in.html) for my latest article on the Titans coaching search. Let me know your thoughts.

psubills62
02-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Munchak's promotion would be unfortunate for me and other PSU fans. A number of people were hopeful that once Joe Pa was gone, Munchak would return to PSU as a coach.

T-Long
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Munchak's promotion would be unfortunate for me and other PSU fans. A number of people were hopeful that once Joe Pa was gone, Munchak would return to PSU as a coach.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was hoping for the same thing. Off subject here, but what would you think if Bradley got the promotion?

psubills62
02-01-2011, 06:31 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was hoping for the same thing. Off subject here, but what would you think if Bradley got the promotion?

Hard to say. I don't think he'd be a bad coach, though I do wish he would have some more head coaching experience. He'd also do well to win me (and others) over by overhauling two things: 1) the offensive coaching staff, and 2) the strength and conditioning staff.

To be perfectly honest, I think I'd be disappointed overall, but that disappointment would stem mainly from the fact that he should be plan G or H, not necessarily a plan A guy. If Bradley is promoted, that means they whiffed on a lot of other guys. Everything I've heard lately is that they'll go outside the "Penn State line." The hiring of Cael Sanderson for wrestling and Russ Rose for volleyball have solidified that line of thinking. Those guys took those programs and have made them elite in very short order. I think the administration is going to want to do the same thing for football. The only question is when Joe leaves. If they set up a plan for him to leave (after this season would be best), then things could go VERY smoothly. If not, it could be VERY rough.