So, now that it is freezing in Dallas and NYC is getting a Super Bowl....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

So, now that it is freezing in Dallas and NYC is getting a Super Bowl....

How about Buffalo? or Chicago? or Cleveland? Nope, I suspect the NFL will work to make it permanent that the game is warm and sheltered.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: So, now that it is freezing in Dallas and NYC is getting a Super Bowl....

I don't think the commish is going to have a SB in Buffalo giving us home field advantage.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Buffalo doesn't have the infrastructure to host a SB.

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        How about Buffalo? or Chicago? or Cleveland? Nope, I suspect the NFL will work to make it permanent that the game is warm and sheltered.
        New York is getting a special treatment because of their new stadium and it being New York. It's a one time thing.

Dallas has a dome. We don't.

And the Super Bowl has been in cold weather markets in the past..... Minnesota. They had tons of snow outside when they hosted the SB the year the Bills played there.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

The NJ Super Bowl is going to be a disaster. True football fans love cold weather, but I doubt the majority of Super Bowl crowds will. There is a distinct difference.

On top of that, this opened the door for all the other cold weather cities to ***** and moan about getting the SB as well.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

According to another thread, the fans are at fault for supporting this.

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
              The NJ Super Bowl is going to be a disaster. True football fans love cold weather, but I doubt the majority of Super Bowl crowds will. There is a distinct difference.

On top of that, this opened the door for all the other cold weather cities to ***** and moan about getting the SB as well.
              Chicago is a very fun city with lots of to do...Boston, a blast. The problem is they have to cater to the corporate partner honchos who want to bask in warmth and party.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Buffalo doesn't have the infrastructure to host a SB.
                Agreed. I'd heard before that Buffalo doesn't have enough decent lodging to put up the 60,000-70,000 out of town attendees for a Super Bowl. People that spend hundreds of dollars for a ticket won't want to stay in a Motel 6.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                  Will not tolerate vandalism.
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                  According to another thread, the fans are at fault for supporting this.

Wow. What a strawman. Trying to get the Super Bowl hosted in your city is nothing like perpetually supporting a team that hasn't made it to the playoffs since Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson were the starting quarterbacks.

Please take note: the Super Bowl can be hosted in a stadium that doesn't even hold an NFL team. Stanford Stadium hosted XIX. The Rose Bowl, despite never having an NFL team (the Raiders played at the Coliseum and the Rams played in Anaheim), hosted the Super Bowl five times.

Hosting the Super Bowl and hosting an NFL franchise are two totally separate issues.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                    Will not tolerate vandalism.
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    Agreed. I'd heard before that Buffalo doesn't have enough decent lodging to put up the 60,000-70,000 out of town attendees for a Super Bowl. People that spend hundreds of dollars for a ticket won't want to stay in a Motel 6.
                    That, of course, assumes that the locals won't make a run for the biggest event to hit Western New York since the Pan-American Exposition.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      Granted Buffalo probably can't. I put that in there because we are Bills fans and most of us live here...but the other cities could.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                        That, of course, assumes that the locals won't make a run for the biggest event to hit Western New York since the Pan-American Exposition.
                        How?? The league controls the tickets. What "run" would there be? My sister lives in Tampa - her chances of getting a ticket to SB25 were Zero.

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Chicago is a very fun city with lots of to do...Boston, a blast. The problem is they have to cater to the corporate partner honchos who want to bask in warmth and party.
                          Both Soldier Field and Gillette have a shot at a Super Bowl, they're both state of the art, new stadiums. The Ralph would never receive consideration.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Agreed about Chicago & Boston. The problem with Boston is the Patriots play nowhere near Boston. It is a DRIVE to Foxboro in bumper to bumper traffic. Probably the WORST drive I have ever had to a game including going to Pontiac from Detroit.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                              • Jan 2010

buffalo can't handle a super bowl

not enough hotel rooms and the city simply is not good enough.

cities like chicago and boston would be fine for it but def not buffalo

Comment

Working...
                              X