PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the people who ask for video streams

Johnny Bugmenot
02-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Feds seize sports websites before Super Bowl (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/48692.html)

The federal government has seized the Web addresses of 10 websites that allegedly live stream sporting and pay-per-view events online, shutting them down just days before one of the biggest televised sporting events of the year: the Super Bowl.

The websites, which include channelsurfing.net and Spain-based rojadirecta.org, were said to illegally provide access to content from the major professional sports organizations, namely the National Football League, National Basketball Association and the National Hockey League. The sites do not host the pirated sporting content themselves, but instead provide links to other websites where people can access it illegally.

better days
02-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Looks like slingbox is the way to go from here on out. If you know someone that gets the games you want, have them hook up a sling box for you.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-02-2011, 06:47 PM
And 10 more were just launched this evening so don't worry too much about it

Scumbag College
02-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Good thing those sites got taken down. The NFL was in danger of going belly up do to them.

Bangarang
02-02-2011, 06:56 PM
http://atdhe.me/

These streaming sites will never be stopped.

Beebe's Kid
02-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Good thing those sites got taken down. The NFL was in danger of going belly up do to them.Forget the potential damage to the fragile NFL Empire...this was a matter of Homeland Security!!!

For those of you scoring at home...they still have not "caught" Osama Bin Laden, but they have stopped the illegal streaming of copyrighted material. Whew!!!!

mrbojanglezs
02-02-2011, 07:49 PM
myp2p.eu is still going

Mr. Miyagi
02-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Slingbox only works if you get the games on your TV to start with.

mrbojanglezs
02-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Looks like slingbox is the way to go from here on out. If you know someone that gets the games you want, have them hook up a sling box for you.

that is def not an easy alternative

Don't Panic
02-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Now we know why xs was so rigid about sharing the stream when it was free.

Billz_fan
02-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Glad they are not wasting time and effort on the CBA and getting this buttoned up :up:

mikemac2001
02-02-2011, 09:24 PM
not to worried about it........if you play they will stream

Mad Max
02-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Forget the potential damage to the fragile NFL Empire...this was a matter of Homeland Security!!!

For those of you scoring at home...they still have not "caught" Osama Bin Laden, but they have stopped the illegal streaming of copyrighted material. Whew!!!!

Osama is long dead. He got smart bombed to oblivion years ago. Lucky for us (westerners) that the terrorists perpetrating his continued existence are too dumb to realize that his true martyrdom would be more effective for their cause than pretending as if his *****azz is still breathing.

Extremebillsfan247
02-03-2011, 12:12 AM
They can close down as many sites as they want. It wont make a difference. As long as the internet continues to exist as is, there will always be streaming sites.

trapezeus
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Forget the potential damage to the fragile NFL Empire...this was a matter of Homeland Security!!!

Teenagers who get free music threaten a free and democratic society.

Stewie
02-03-2011, 10:53 AM
I for one am happy our government always does all the right things. Corporations are people too, you know.

better days
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Slingbox only works if you get the games on your TV to start with.

I said you have to get someone you know, a friend or relative that gets the games you want to watch to hook it up to their TV for you.

In other words, living in Fla, I could have my cousin in Buffalo hook it up & see the Bills & Sabres when they are shown on TV in Buffalo on my computer here in Fla.

better days
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM

Yeah, don't we all feel safer for that.

better days
02-03-2011, 12:50 PM
that is def not an easy alternative

Agreed, but it can be done.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2011, 01:02 PM
They can close down as many sites as they want. It wont make a difference. As long as the internet continues to exist as is, there will always be streaming sites.
Thank God.

Extremebillsfan247
02-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Teenagers who get free music threaten a free and democratic society.The only thing they threaten is a corrupted corporate society that believes the world owes them something.

finity
02-03-2011, 09:49 PM
But who is streaming the superbowl? its on non-cable/non pay-per-view TV...

thunderofhooves
02-07-2011, 12:35 PM
http://atdhe.me/

These streaming sites will never be stopped.

they just end up starting something else. I just listen to the games - saves messing around trying to find a link