X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

LOL! AP can be stupid sometimes

BB wins coach of the year?Really? Tomlin had to play without Ben for 4 games and he's in the sb. As much as I cant stand Ryan he pwnes BB and yet BB wins coach of the year.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Re: LOL! AP can be stupid sometimes

I'd give it to Rex or Mccarthy. Didn't GB have the most IR guys in nfl?

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Personally I feel Raheem Morris earned it. For what he got out of that team. He got 10 wins from a team expected to win 4 or 5.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Morris, McCarthy, Tomlin... but BILL?! How high was the person in charge of this? You don't get the first seed (with 2 free wins against the Bills) and then lose 1st round and get "great job coach!"

****ing idiots. Pardon my language.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• TrEd FTW
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
          Morris, McCarthy, Tomlin... but BILL?! How high was the person in charge of this? You don't get the first seed (with 2 free wins against the Bills) and then lose 1st round and get "great job coach!"

****ing idiots. Pardon my language.
          It's a regular-season award.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TrEd FTW
            It's a regular-season award.
            He still did not deserve to win. Others were more deserving.

Comment

• Thief
              • Sep 2009

Raheem Morris was the obvious choice.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Take off the blinders for a second people. The Pats were supposed to be in a rebuilding year. They went 14-2. To say Bellicheck didn't deserve it is a bit off. I hate the guy just as much as anyone, but he deserves the award just as much as anyone else mentioned in this thread.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  Take off the blinders for a second people. The Pats were supposed to be in a rebuilding year. They went 14-2. To say Bellicheck didn't deserve it is a bit off. I hate the guy just as much as anyone, but he deserves the award just as much as anyone else mentioned in this thread.
                  I agree. He started the season with a very young, ineffective defense and developed them into a very good unit by season's end. And when Brady's WRs were somewhat average, he got the very most out of his two rookie TEs. Helluva job overall.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Thief
                    Raheem Morris was the obvious choice.
                    Who's he coach?
                    That could be one of the problems, no one knows who he is.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                      Let's see him go 14-2 without Tom "Powerball" Brady. Without him, Bill has been very pedestrian. He couldn't even win the division or make the playoffs without him.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Keep in mind this is a regular season award. The votes are all turned in prior to any playoff games.

I think you can make a case for several people, but it is hardly a surprise Belichick won. Look at it:

1) He integrated 6 rookies into key roles (McCourty, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko)

2) He lost many key veteran players to IR (Ty Warren, Leigh Bodden, Nick Kaczur, Stephen Neal, Stephen Goskowski, Ron Brace, Mike Wright, Kevin Faulk)

3) In one season he turned over his team to the point where they went from the 2nd oldest in the NFL one of the 5 youngest rosters.

4) He had Logan Mankins miss the entire first half of the season.

5) He traded Randy Moss and completely changed his offense, yet still managed to lead the league in points scored.

6) He won 14 games, most in the NFL.

7) He stockpiled picks to the point where he has 3 of the first 33 picks and 6 of the first 92 picks in the upcoming draft.

It was an amazing job to accomplish in one year. The Patriots went from an aging team with a closing window to a young up-in-coming team positioned to compete for the next several years. On top of that, they won more games than anyone else.

I realize there are other worthy candidates, but when you look at the entirety of what he accomplished it is easy to see why people admired the job he did.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                          Let's see him go 14-2 without Tom "Powerball" Brady. Without him, Bill has been very pedestrian. He couldn't even win the division or make the playoffs without him.
                          Yeah real pedestrian 10 wins a few years back with a 7th round QB who didn't even start at USC....

I get that you guys hate the Patriots but BB was very deserving of the award. So were others but to act like it was a travesty he got it doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Actually, he won 11 games (and a playoff game too) and made the playoffs with Vinny Testaverde.

Plus, when Brady went out he still won 11 games. That is a notable accomplishment.
                            Last edited by Ickybaluky; 02-03-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

I agree. Before Brady he was just another average HC. Once Brady retires BB will be another Shannahan. Average to considered great once he got a HOF QB then back to average once he no longer has his HOF QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X