PDA

View Full Version : LOL! AP can be stupid sometimes

justasportsfan
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
BB wins coach of the year?Really? Tomlin had to play without Ben for 4 games and he's in the sb. As much as I cant stand Ryan he pwnes BB and yet BB wins coach of the year.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I'd give it to Rex or Mccarthy. Didn't GB have the most IR guys in nfl?

BuffaloBlitz83
02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Personally I feel Raheem Morris earned it. For what he got out of that team. He got 10 wins from a team expected to win 4 or 5.

ServoBillieves
02-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Morris, McCarthy, Tomlin... but BILL?! How high was the person in charge of this? You don't get the first seed (with 2 free wins against the Bills) and then lose 1st round and get "great job coach!"

****ing idiots. Pardon my language.

TrEd FTW
02-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Morris, McCarthy, Tomlin... but BILL?! How high was the person in charge of this? You don't get the first seed (with 2 free wins against the Bills) and then lose 1st round and get "great job coach!"

****ing idiots. Pardon my language.

It's a regular-season award.

better days
02-03-2011, 12:11 AM
It's a regular-season award.

He still did not deserve to win. Others were more deserving.

Thief
02-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Raheem Morris was the obvious choice.

Forward_Lateral
02-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Take off the blinders for a second people. The Pats were supposed to be in a rebuilding year. They went 14-2. To say Bellicheck didn't deserve it is a bit off. I hate the guy just as much as anyone, but he deserves the award just as much as anyone else mentioned in this thread.

Jan Reimers
02-03-2011, 06:25 AM
Take off the blinders for a second people. The Pats were supposed to be in a rebuilding year. They went 14-2. To say Bellicheck didn't deserve it is a bit off. I hate the guy just as much as anyone, but he deserves the award just as much as anyone else mentioned in this thread.
I agree. He started the season with a very young, ineffective defense and developed them into a very good unit by season's end. And when Brady's WRs were somewhat average, he got the very most out of his two rookie TEs. Helluva job overall.

TacklingDummy
02-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Raheem Morris was the obvious choice.
Who's he coach?
That could be one of the problems, no one knows who he is.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Let's see him go 14-2 without Tom "Powerball" Brady. Without him, Bill has been very pedestrian. He couldn't even win the division or make the playoffs without him.

Ickybaluky
02-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Keep in mind this is a regular season award. The votes are all turned in prior to any playoff games.

I think you can make a case for several people, but it is hardly a surprise Belichick won. Look at it:

1) He integrated 6 rookies into key roles (McCourty, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko)

2) He lost many key veteran players to IR (Ty Warren, Leigh Bodden, Nick Kaczur, Stephen Neal, Stephen Goskowski, Ron Brace, Mike Wright, Kevin Faulk)

3) In one season he turned over his team to the point where they went from the 2nd oldest in the NFL one of the 5 youngest rosters.

4) He had Logan Mankins miss the entire first half of the season.

5) He traded Randy Moss and completely changed his offense, yet still managed to lead the league in points scored.

6) He won 14 games, most in the NFL.

7) He stockpiled picks to the point where he has 3 of the first 33 picks and 6 of the first 92 picks in the upcoming draft.

It was an amazing job to accomplish in one year. The Patriots went from an aging team with a closing window to a young up-in-coming team positioned to compete for the next several years. On top of that, they won more games than anyone else.

I realize there are other worthy candidates, but when you look at the entirety of what he accomplished it is easy to see why people admired the job he did.

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Let's see him go 14-2 without Tom "Powerball" Brady. Without him, Bill has been very pedestrian. He couldn't even win the division or make the playoffs without him.
Yeah real pedestrian 10 wins a few years back with a 7th round QB who didn't even start at USC....

I get that you guys hate the Patriots but BB was very deserving of the award. So were others but to act like it was a travesty he got it doesn't make sense to me.

Ickybaluky
02-03-2011, 07:50 AM

Actually, he won 11 games (and a playoff game too) and made the playoffs with Vinny Testaverde.

Plus, when Brady went out he still won 11 games. That is a notable accomplishment.

Novacane
02-03-2011, 07:51 AM

I agree. Before Brady he was just another average HC. Once Brady retires BB will be another Shannahan. Average to considered great once he got a HOF QB then back to average once he no longer has his HOF QB.

Forward_Lateral
02-03-2011, 07:51 AM

Again, reaching. Didn't the Pats win 11 games and miss the playoffs that year?

Forward_Lateral
02-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Pretty sure he took the Pats to the superbowl with Drew Bledsoe too.

Ickybaluky
02-03-2011, 07:54 AM

He was Asst. HC and DB coach on that team. Parcells was the HC.

He did make the playoffs and win a playoff game with Vinny Testaverde in 1994, though.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Belichick was in Cleveland at the time.

jamze132
02-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Who gives a **** who won COY award? How does it affect your life?

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2011, 08:30 AM
The d*ck sucking of the Patriots continues. :rolleyes:

Ickybaluky
02-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Belichick was in Cleveland at the time.

No, it was 1996. His last year in Cleveland was 1995. He was an Asst HC and DB coach for the Patriots in 1996.

And he did lead Cleveland to 11 wins plus a win in the playoffs in 1994, with Vinny Testaverde at QB.

justasportsfan
02-03-2011, 09:53 AM

As much as I dislike BB, I think he's the best coach I've ever seen. However, it isn't much of a rebuild when you have your core players intact like Brady, Welker and Wilfork. If it's a regular season grade the chiefs who is more of a rebuilding team than the patriots deserve more credit.

justasportsfan
02-03-2011, 09:55 AM

It's a football message board. Who said it does?

jamze132
02-03-2011, 12:35 PM
It's a football message board. Who said it does?
I just posed a question. Obviously it affects your life or otherwise you wouldn't be diggin deeper.

And how many times per day do I here someone say it's a "message board"? No ****.

better days
02-03-2011, 12:41 PM
As much as I dislike BB, I think he's the best coach I've ever seen. However, it isn't much of a rebuild when you have your core players intact like Brady, Welker and Wilfork. If it's a regular season grade the chiefs who is more of a rebuilding team than the patriots deserve more credit.

I agree the Chiefs deserve more credit than the Pats*, but the Bucs finished with 10 wins & should have had 11. The NFL admitted the refs made a mistake after the fact. Last spring most people thought the Bucs would be fighting for the 1st pick in the draft, not a playoff spot. Raheem Morris should have been Coach of the year.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Who's he coach?
That could be one of the problems, no one knows who he is.

Do you even follow the NFL? He is a 2nd year coach on TB.

PTI
02-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I would have given it to Chan. I mean, Ryan Fitzpatrick had 3,000 yards!!!

BB is a good choice. Ryan, Morris, Tomlin, all good choices too.

Wonder if an assistant could ever get votes or is it just the HC?

Prov401
02-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Belicheck beat the Bears, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Jets, Colts.... All playoff teams.

Pats had a way more difficult schedule than the Bucs. Seriously, the Bucs beat nobody this year. Rams, Panthers, Browns, Bengals, Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, and seahawks. LOL. We would of made the playoffs with that schedule.

What's there to hate on? Are you saying Belicheck isn't the best coach in the NFL? He definitely is.

Prov401
02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Do you even follow the NFL? He is a 2nd year coach on TB.

Do you even follow the NFL? The dude beat the Rams, Panthers, Browns, Bengals, Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, and seahawks.

Sooooo difficult.

Prov401
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
I agree. Before Brady he was just another average HC. Once Brady retires BB will be another Shannahan. Average to considered great once he got a HOF QB then back to average once he no longer has his HOF QB.

Yea, because Matt Cassell didn't just win them 11 games 2 years ago.

Belicheck is going to go down as the best coach in NFL history.

Like Rex said.. It's more Belicheck behind Brady, than it is Brady behind Belicheck. Get real. Aside from one season, Brady has done nothing but throw screens and quick slants his whole career.

Belicheck has surrounded him with an absolute brick wall of an O-Line, and a perfect scheme. Teams should learn from it. Somehow, building the lines have eluded the Bills for a decade.

Mr. Pink
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM

He took the Browns to the playoffs in 94 with Vinnie Interceptaverde.

better days
02-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Belicheck beat the Bears, Packers, Steelers, Ravens, Jets, Colts.... All playoff teams.

Pats had a way more difficult schedule than the Bucs. Seriously, the Bucs beat nobody this year. Rams, Panthers, Browns, Bengals, Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, and seahawks. LOL. We would of made the playoffs with that schedule.

What's there to hate on? Are you saying Belicheck isn't the best coach in the NFL? He definitely is.

You left out last years Super Bowl Champion the Saints who the Bucs also beat.

The Pats* also beat the likes of the Bengals, Bills, Fins & Lions to pad their record. Some competition there.

Morris had the Bucs playing better than expected while most had the Pats* favored to win the East.

I thought this award was about who did the better job coaching, not who had the better team.

better days
02-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Yea, because Matt Cassell didn't just win them 11 games 2 years ago.

Belicheck is going to go down as the best coach in NFL history.

Like Rex said.. It's more Belicheck behind Brady, than it is Brady behind Belicheck. Get real. Aside from one season, Brady has done nothing but throw screens and quick slants his whole career.

Belicheck has surrounded him with an absolute brick wall of an O-Line, and a perfect scheme. Teams should learn from it. Somehow, building the lines have eluded the Bills for a decade.

No Belichick won't go down as the best coach because he has not won squat since he was caught CHEATING.

ServoBillieves
02-03-2011, 04:42 PM

I'd hate to win the Coy Wire award...

Prov401
02-03-2011, 04:46 PM
You left out last years Super Bowl Champion the Saints who the Bucs also beat.

The Pats* also beat the likes of the Bengals, Bills, Fins & Lions to pad their record. Some competition there.

Morris had the Bucs playing better than expected while most had the Pats* favored to win the East.

I thought this award was about who did the better job coaching, not who had the better team.

OOPS! Left out the Saints. The team that got destroyed in the playoffs. Saints were an alright team this year.

And how do you really disregard the teams I listed that the Pats beat? Seriously. They manhandled every team in the Championship games this year. Again. Steelers, Jets, Bears, Packers, Indy, Baltimore..... Get real. That's pretty damn impressive.

What isn't impressive is what Morris did. He beat terrible teams. How are you even seriously arguing with me right now. Belicheck played with a very young defense, and your right.... He was projected to win the East. And he did.

EDIT: Actually, sorry. Belicheck and the Pats were picked to come in 2nd this year in the East. So, yea..

Prov401
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
No Belichick won't go down as the best coach because he has not won squat since he was caught CHEATING.

Yea, he gets caught cheating, and goes 17-0 right into the Superbowl. And since then, has the highest winning% in the NFL.

Soon enough pal, he'll win another one.

Oldbillsfan
02-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Yea, he gets caught cheating, and goes 17-0 right into the Superbowl. And since then, has the highest winning% in the NFL.

Soon enough pal, he'll win another one.

Who says they ever stopped filming? Regardless its not 17-0, its 18-1

better days
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
OOPS! Left out the Saints. The team that got destroyed in the playoffs. Saints were an alright team this year.

And how do you really disregard the teams I listed that the Pats beat? Seriously. They manhandled every team in the Championship games this year. Again. Steelers, Jets, Bears, Packers, Indy, Baltimore..... Get real. That's pretty damn impressive.

What isn't impressive is what Morris did. He beat terrible teams. How are you even seriously arguing with me right now. Belicheck played with a very young defense, and your right.... He was projected to win the East. And he did.

EDIT: Actually, sorry. Belicheck and the Pats were picked to come in 2nd this year in the East. So, yea..

It is very easy to disregard those teams because the Pats* were EXPECTED to beat those teams. This was not a great job of coaching, but a very good team playing up to their expectations............until the playoffs..........oops.

Aside from that the Jets let the cat out of the bag that the Pats* are STILL CHEATING by setting up that illegal wall to impede special teams from running downfield. There is no telling how much other cheating is done by the Pats*

BILLSROCK1212
02-03-2011, 05:51 PM
bill did a great job (as usual)...the best? idk...

Prov401
02-04-2011, 12:29 AM
It is very easy to disregard those teams because the Pats* were EXPECTED to beat those teams. This was not a great job of coaching, but a very good team playing up to their expectations............until the playoffs..........oops.

Aside from that the Jets let the cat out of the bag that the Pats* are STILL CHEATING by setting up that illegal wall to impede special teams from running downfield. There is no telling how much other cheating is done by the Pats*

And? They were expected to win those games. And they did.. What's your point? That's what good coaches do. They win the games on the schedule. And Belicheck BY FAR had the toughest schedule of any COY candidates.

Yea... That illegal wall cost the other team 36 points a game. Seriously, stop being silly with the cheating. Cop out 5 year old argument. Bottom line, Bill Belicheck away from the Pats, as opposed to Morris away from the Bucs. Bigger blow goes to the Pats. They rely heavily on Belicheck, and the Bucs probably would of won the same amount of games playing with that piss poor schedule with or without Morris.

And by the way. The AP awarded COY to Belicheck. Hmmm... wonder why. Maybe.. Just maybe.. They see exactly what I see!?? Do you think?

Thief
02-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Who's he coach?
That could be one of the problems, no one knows who he is.Oh, so it is like high schools "nicest hair" vote for yearbook?

better days
02-04-2011, 06:34 AM
And? They were expected to win those games. And they did.. What's your point? That's what good coaches do. They win the games on the schedule. And Belicheck BY FAR had the toughest schedule of any COY candidates.

Yea... That illegal wall cost the other team 36 points a game. Seriously, stop being silly with the cheating. Cop out 5 year old argument. Bottom line, Bill Belicheck away from the Pats, as opposed to Morris away from the Bucs. Bigger blow goes to the Pats. They rely heavily on Belicheck, and the Bucs probably would of won the same amount of games playing with that piss poor schedule with or without Morris.

And by the way. The AP awarded COY to Belicheck. Hmmm... wonder why. Maybe.. Just maybe.. They see exactly what I see!?? Do you think?

Wow you are really a Pats* appologist. The only argument about CHEATING comes from Pats* appologists. There is NO argument that Belichick is a CHEATER. He has been caught doing so. Cheating is Cheating period. This award was not about who the best coach over years of time is. It is about who did the best job of Coaching THIS YEAR.

As far as Belicheat winning COY of the year from AP. There are MANY AP Belicheat appologists working in the N.E. area so yes they saw what they wanted to see, much like you. If Belichick coached in say Buffalo where the AP does not have a heavy presence as it does in N.E. there is no way he would have won.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow you are really a Pats* appologist. The only argument about CHEATING comes from Pats* appologists. There is NO argument that Belichick is a CHEATER. He has been caught doing so. Cheating is Cheating period. This award was not about who the best coach over years of time is. It is about who did the best job of Coaching THIS YEAR.

As far as Belicheat winning COY of the year from AP. There are MANY AP Belicheat appologists working in the N.E. area so yes they saw what they wanted to see, much like you. If Belichick coached in say Buffalo where the AP does not have a heavy presence as it does in N.E. there is no way he would have won.

Wow... There's no winning with you is there. You really stick by Morris over Belicheck? Your a silly silly man.

By the way. The AP is located in NYC, and made up of multiple newspapers in New York. I get that your not familiar with geography, so let me explain that New York is not at all a part of New England.

Belicheck deserved COY which is what this argument is about. I'm not talking about his past, I'm talking about now. Now. Now. You get it? The cheating thing holds no water right NOW. And it's a stretch and a huge shot in the dark where your just arguing for the sake of arguing about the Pats still cheating. You don't know what the hell they are doing. Stop being a silly goose.

better days
02-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Wow... There's no winning with you is there. You really stick by Morris over Belicheck? Your a silly silly man.

By the way. The AP is located in NYC, and made up of multiple newspapers in New York. I get that your not familiar with geography, so let me explain that New York is not at all a part of New England.

Belicheck deserved COY which is what this argument is about. I'm not talking about his past, I'm talking about now. Now. Now. You get it? The cheating thing holds no water right NOW. And it's a stretch and a huge shot in the dark where your just arguing for the sake of arguing about the Pats still cheating. You don't know what the hell they are doing. Stop being a silly goose.

AP has a great presence in N.E. in case you don't know. MUCH MORE SO than in TAMPA, because I know you don't know geography.

The Cheating thing still holds water this year as he was STILL cheating this year, using an ILLEGAL wall.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
AP has a great presence in N.E. in case you don't know. MUCH MORE SO than in TAMPA, because I know you don't know geography.

The Cheating thing still holds water this year as he was STILL cheating this year, using an ILLEGAL wall.

lol.

Stop making things up with the AP having such a strong hold in NE. Like it's mobbed up there or something. Let's be real, nobody cares who wins the COY. It's not like,.. OH! Mike Smith should get it! (Whom by the way you would stand a good argument with me there, but the Morris thing is so ridiculous)... We got to run it by NE first!... Come on dude.

I'll apologize about the geography shot. Wasn't needed.

But I guess me and you are just going to agree to disagree on all this mess.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Morris did more with far less and improved more this year therefore he was my clear choice for COY

Forward_Lateral
02-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Haley deserved it more than Morris, in my opinion.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Morris did more with far less and improved more this year therefore he was my clear choice for COY

Ugh.

Rams, Panthers, Browns, Bengals, Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, Seahawks, Saints.

You can't be serious.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Haley deserved it more than Morris, in my opinion.

Personally, I think any west coaches should never see COY unless they grab 12-13 wins. The teams blow in those divisions.

It should, and probably was, between Belicheck and Smith. Those are the only coaches I would of considered, along with Tomlin because of playing without Ben for 4 games and still winning his division.

Morris is ridiculous.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Yea, and played the easiest schedule in the NFL.

The Pats were predicted to come in 2nd behind the Jets this year. I think many of you are forgetting this. Many predicted Jets/Ravens in the SB this year. Nobody expected the Pats to go 14-2.

And the Pats had the toughest schedule of any COY candidate teams, by a loooooooong margin. Ravens, Jets, Colts, Steelers, Bears, Packers. Smacked every one of those teams around.

As I said earlier. Looks like my views are backed by the AP as well... Maybe because that see the same thing I see.

better days
02-04-2011, 02:21 PM
lol.

Stop making things up with the AP having such a strong hold in NE. Like it's mobbed up there or something. Let's be real, nobody cares who wins the COY. It's not like,.. OH! Mike Smith should get it! (Whom by the way you would stand a good argument with me there, but the Morris thing is so ridiculous)... We got to run it by NE first!... Come on dude.

I'll apologize about the geography shot. Wasn't needed.

But I guess me and you are just going to agree to disagree on all this mess.

Yeah Morris is so ridiculous he came in 2nd place!!!!! Yeah we will have to agree to disagree, no reasoning with a Pats* apologist.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Prov why are you so passionate for Bill Bellicheck?

BuffaloBlitz83
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
And the Saints aren't a bad team. They would sweep Miami, Jets and Buffalo. That is 5 wins for Pats

Prov401
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Prov why are you so passionate for Bill Bellicheck?

I'm not passionate about Belicheck. I'm passionate that I believe he deserves it over Raheem Morris lol.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 02:51 PM
And the Saints aren't a bad team. They would sweep Miami, Jets and Buffalo. That is 5 wins for Pats

Yea, they aren't a bad team. But that's one good team they beat. The Pats beat Superbowl contending teams week after week. If there is an argument for COY, I'd say Tomlin and Smith should enter the discussion. Not Morris.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah Morris is so ridiculous he came in 2nd place!!!!! Yeah we will have to agree to disagree, no reasoning with a Pats* apologist.

Funny thing is, I hate the Pats with a passion. I live in NE and I get tortured for being a Bills fan. But I respect Belicheck, and a team that consistently stock piles draft picks, and is always breaking records and winning 12+ games every year.

better days
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Yea, they aren't a bad team. But that's one good team they beat. The Pats beat Superbowl contending teams week after week. If there is an argument for COY, I'd say Tomlin and Smith should enter the discussion. Not Morris.

Again this is not an award about the best team. It is about who did the best job COACHING. Morris did MORE with LESS.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Again this is not an award about the best team. It is about who did the best job COACHING. Morris did MORE with LESS.

Again, COY = Coach, I know what it means there pal. What's with the caps? I can read.

And again... Morris did more, with less, with the easiest schedule in the NFL.

Again, Belicheck (whom organizes the game plans) and the Pats beat 6 of the top 8 records in the NFL this year. Get it? Do you get it? Have you gotten it yet? Do you understand? Comprehend? Are you realizing this? Do yourself a favor and realize that Belicheck will forever out coach Raheem Morris for the rest of his life.

Coach of the year went to Belicheck. Why? Because he was the best football coach this year. He faced the toughest teams this year. His team was supposed to finish 2nd in the division, and they didn't. And by the way, good teams and COY go hand in hand. Too bad if Morris had a team with lesser talent. Even with that schedule, the Bucs still couldn't get into the playoffs. That's an even more pathetic stat for your pirate boys down in Tampa.

Oh, and AGAIN AP agrees with me. Hmmm....

better days
02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Again, COY = Coach, I know what it means there pal. What's with the caps? I can read.

And again... Morris did more, with less, with the easiest schedule in the NFL.

Again, Belicheck (whom organizes the game plans) and the Pats beat 6 of the top 8 records in the NFL this year. Get it? Do you get it? Have you gotten it yet? Do you understand? Comprehend? Are you realizing this? Do yourself a favor and realize that Belicheck will forever out coach Raheem Morris for the rest of his life.

Coach of the year went to Belicheck. Why? Because he was the best football coach this year. He faced the toughest teams this year. His team was supposed to finish 2nd in the division, and they didn't. And by the way, good teams and COY go hand in hand. Too bad if Morris had a team with lesser talent. Even with that schedule, the Bucs still couldn't get into the playoffs. That's an even more pathetic stat for your pirate boys down in Tampa.

Oh, and AGAIN AP agrees with me. Hmmm....

The Pats* were EXPECTED to beat those teams GET IT? Therefore it was not a great coaching job, GET IT? The Bucs were NOT expected to win more than 3 or 4 games but won 10 & should have won 11 & made the playoffs but for an error by the refs, therefor EXCEEDING expectations which is a sign of GOOD coaching GET IT?

Oh, and AGAIN Belichick is a CHEATER & should never win anything because of that GET IT?

Prov401
02-04-2011, 04:36 PM
The Pats* were EXPECTED to beat those teams GET IT? Therefore it was not a great coaching job, GET IT? The Bucs were NOT expected to win more than 3 or 4 games but won 10 & should have won 11 & made the playoffs but for an error by the refs, therefor EXCEEDING expectations which is a sign of GOOD coaching GET IT?

Oh, and AGAIN Belichick is a CHEATER & should never win anything because of that GET IT?

lmao

So because a team that is favored to win games (btw the Pats weren't favored in every one of those games), because they are favored, and because they win, the coach of that team is ineligible for the COY honors because his team was supposed to win.

Dude. Your making yourself look sillier and sillier each post.

Oh, and to reiterate... The AP agrees with me. Maybe I'm saying something right.

And stop with the Caps it makes you look childish.

better days
02-04-2011, 04:52 PM
lmao

So because a team that is favored to win games (btw the Pats weren't favored in every one of those games), because they are favored, and because they win, the coach of that team is ineligible for the COY honors because his team was supposed to win.

Dude. Your making yourself look sillier and sillier each post.

Oh, and to reiterate... The AP agrees with me. Maybe I'm saying something right.

And stop with the Caps it makes you look childish.

Well your STUPID argument for Belichick makes you look childish. The point of the award is for coaching excellence. To win games you are expected to win is no big accomplishment. It therefore does not require excellent coaching.

To win 10 games with a team expected to only win 3 or 4 games is a big accomplishment which is a sign of excellent coaching.

Oh , and to reiterate... Belichick is a CHEATER & deserves nothing.

Prov401
02-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Well your STUPID argument for Belichick makes you look childish. The point of the award is for coaching excellence. To win games you are expected to win is no big accomplishment. It therefore does not require excellent coaching.

To win 10 games with a team expected to only win 3 or 4 games is a big accomplishment which is a sign of excellent coaching.

Oh , and to reiterate... Belichick is a CHEATER & deserves nothing.

To win games in the NFL as a favorite is no big accomplishment? Oh.. So for instance, the Packers are favored in the SB. If they win, it's no big accomplishment? Your methods of determining COY are very flawed, and thank god you are not associated with the AP because last year you would of handed out COY to Ken Whisenhunt or Gary Kubiak.

COY isn't an award for good effort. Yay! Your team wasn't expected to beat mediocre teams, but you guys did it! Hooray!

COY is for excellent coaching, as well as ability to compete with great teams. Which the Pats did, week in, week out. Bucs beat nobody. Not impressive at all.

What kind of message would this award send if it was given away to a coach that couldn't beat quality teams.

Stop with the insults there tough guy. Argue like a gentleman. My argument is far from stupid. Belicheck>Morris for COY and if it were polled, I'm sure I'd get heavy support.

Oh... And the AP agrees with me.

better days
02-04-2011, 06:34 PM
To win games in the NFL as a favorite is no big accomplishment? Oh.. So for instance, the Packers are favored in the SB. If they win, it's no big accomplishment? Your methods of determining COY are very flawed, and thank god you are not associated with the AP because last year you would of handed out COY to Ken Whisenhunt or Gary Kubiak.

COY isn't an award for good effort. Yay! Your team wasn't expected to beat mediocre teams, but you guys did it! Hooray!

COY is for excellent coaching, as well as ability to compete with great teams. Which the Pats did, week in, week out. Bucs beat nobody. Not impressive at all.

What kind of message would this award send if it was given away to a coach that couldn't beat quality teams.

Stop with the insults there tough guy. Argue like a gentleman. My argument is far from stupid. Belicheck>Morris for COY and if it were polled, I'm sure I'd get heavy support.

Oh... And the AP agrees with me.

You insulted me first tough guy. To win a game you are expected to win is not a big accomplishment. Why should anyone receive an award for doing what is expected of them?

Awards are for exceeding the norm. Again it is not an award about which team has the better talent, it is about Coaching the talent that you have to play beyond their expectations. Had Belichick gone undefeated without cheating with that team he may have deserved the award but he did not do that and he also CHEATED so he deserves no award.

I guess as was said before we will have to agree to disagree.