• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Against a trade down?

If buffalo really likes one of the QB's. Are you against a trade down to grab extra picks. We do have many holes.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Against a trade down?

IF they really like one of the QBs, they'll take them at 3.

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

I don't think most fans would be upset with trading down. The problem is finding a partner. I know everybody loves to trade down in all their mock drafts and in imaganation land, but it's just not that easy. Especially with the third pick in the draft.

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

Once there is a rookie wage scale, trading down won't be as difficult. However, until then, it will be tough finding another team willing to take on the #3 pick given how much money they'll have to pay.

Comment

• Akhippo
          • Nov 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
          I don't think most fans would be upset with trading down. The problem is finding a partner. I know everybody loves to trade down in all their mock drafts and in imaganation land, but it's just not that easy. Especially with the third pick in the draft.
          It may not be magic, but as the Pats find out every friggin year, you just have to be willing. They not only trade once, they do it multiple times a draft. We just have to be open.

I would trade down to #32 if I could this year. Say, 10 to 17 to 25 to 32. Of course its not that easy, but def. not impossible.
          Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Akhippo
            It may not be magic, but as the Pats find out every friggin year, you just have to be willing. They not only trade once, they do it multiple times a draft. We just have to be open.

I would trade down to #32 if I could this year. Say, 10 to 17 to 25 to 32. Of course its not that easy, but def. not impossible.
            The Pats didn't have the third pick in the draft. It's much more difficult the closer you are to the top. I'd be all for trading down, but it's not going to happen. There will be a bunch of fans pissing and moaning that the Bills didn't trade down without considering how difficult it is.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
              If buffalo really likes one of the QB's. Are you against a trade down to grab extra picks. We do have many holes.
              In theory I have no problem with this and I would prefer it. The problem is in the details. Many of the teams right behind us may be thinking QB including Wash (10), Ariz (5), SF (7), and Tenn (8). Really we can only still have pick of the litter by moving only one spot.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Bangarang
                Once there is a rookie wage scale, trading down won't be as difficult. However, until then, it will be tough finding another team willing to take on the #3 pick given how much money they'll have to pay.
                Not if it's a QB.

That's what would attract a trade up to our spot and QB's get paid no matter what. You think Snyder and the QB desperate Redskins care how much they have to pay one ?
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

No thank you. I'm not interested in trading down at #3.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

not at all.. In fact it would be optimal cause we need the extra picks.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                      Not if it's a QB.

That's what would attract a trade up to our spot and QB's get paid no matter what. You think Snyder and the QB desperate Redskins care how much they have to pay one ?
                      Personally I don't give two ****s about Ralph's wallet anymore so I don't care if we have to pay one.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by madness
                        No thank you. I'm not interested in trading down at #3.
                        Could I ask you who you see as that special blue chip player at #3 ? Not arguing the point but the trade value chart shows pick #3 is worth 2200 points.

If for example The Skins moved up from #10 to #3, we'd back up to #10 and also receive an extra 2nd & 3rd. ( if they had those picks.. but it's just an example ) The value chart would indeed bring that much.

Don't forget the Pats with all those extra picks. Bills have an extra 4th and then could have 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds. It's no stretch.

Don't we have multiple needs ? If so, you pick up that phone 10 out of 10 times.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                          Could I ask you who you see as that special blue chip player at #3 ? Not arguing the point but the trade value chart shows pick #3 is worth 2200 points.

If for example The Skins moved up from #10 to #3, we'd back up to #10 and also receive an extra 2nd & 3rd. ( if they had those picks.. but it's just an example ) The value chart would indeed bring that much.

Don't forget the Pats with all those extra picks. Bills have an extra 4th and then could have 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds. It's no stretch.

Don't we have multiple needs ? If so, you pick up that phone 10 out of 10 times.
                          I'd be happy with Peterson, Green or Dareus at 3. We aren't trying to restock talent like the Patriots (who miss more than they hit with all those extra picks). We are trying to get actual talent. This mess of a team doesn't get fixed in a single off-season and deluding the talent for the sake of adding bodies doesn't help at all in the big picture.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

I'd be happy with Peterson, Green or Dareus at 3. We aren't trying to restock talent like the Patriots (who miss more than they hit with all those extra picks). We are trying to get actual talent. This mess of a team doesn't get fixed in a single off-season and deluding the talent for the sake of adding bodies doesn't help at all in the big picture.

Comment

• Akhippo
                              • Nov 2002

The part with the Pats is, if they only hit on 40%
                              5 picks means 2 good players
                              10 picks means 4 good players.

Still crappy drafting, but 2 more good players.

If you could break out of the 3 position this year, move all the way to the bottom; You could turn Dareus/Martez Wilson/Kaepernick into Phil Taylor/Martez Wilson/Kyle Rudolph/An OT/Kaepernick
                              Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

Working...
                              X