PDA

View Full Version : Against a trade down?

BuffaloBlitz83
02-03-2011, 12:39 PM
If buffalo really likes one of the QB's. Are you against a trade down to grab extra picks. We do have many holes.

Forward_Lateral
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
IF they really like one of the QBs, they'll take them at 3.

mayotm
02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't think most fans would be upset with trading down. The problem is finding a partner. I know everybody loves to trade down in all their mock drafts and in imaganation land, but it's just not that easy. Especially with the third pick in the draft.

Bangarang
02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Once there is a rookie wage scale, trading down won't be as difficult. However, until then, it will be tough finding another team willing to take on the #3 pick given how much money they'll have to pay.

Akhippo
02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't think most fans would be upset with trading down. The problem is finding a partner. I know everybody loves to trade down in all their mock drafts and in imaganation land, but it's just not that easy. Especially with the third pick in the draft.

It may not be magic, but as the Pats find out every friggin year, you just have to be willing. They not only trade once, they do it multiple times a draft. We just have to be open.

I would trade down to #32 if I could this year. Say, 10 to 17 to 25 to 32. Of course its not that easy, but def. not impossible.

mayotm
02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
It may not be magic, but as the Pats find out every friggin year, you just have to be willing. They not only trade once, they do it multiple times a draft. We just have to be open.

I would trade down to #32 if I could this year. Say, 10 to 17 to 25 to 32. Of course its not that easy, but def. not impossible.The Pats didn't have the third pick in the draft. It's much more difficult the closer you are to the top. I'd be all for trading down, but it's not going to happen. There will be a bunch of fans pissing and moaning that the Bills didn't trade down without considering how difficult it is.

X-Era
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
If buffalo really likes one of the QB's. Are you against a trade down to grab extra picks. We do have many holes.In theory I have no problem with this and I would prefer it. The problem is in the details. Many of the teams right behind us may be thinking QB including Wash (10), Ariz (5), SF (7), and Tenn (8). Really we can only still have pick of the litter by moving only one spot.

Night Train
02-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Once there is a rookie wage scale, trading down won't be as difficult. However, until then, it will be tough finding another team willing to take on the #3 pick given how much money they'll have to pay.

Not if it's a QB.

That's what would attract a trade up to our spot and QB's get paid no matter what. You think Snyder and the QB desperate Redskins care how much they have to pay one ?

madness
02-03-2011, 03:38 PM
No thank you. I'm not interested in trading down at #3.

ddaryl
02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
not at all.. In fact it would be optimal cause we need the extra picks.

X-Era
02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Not if it's a QB.

That's what would attract a trade up to our spot and QB's get paid no matter what. You think Snyder and the QB desperate Redskins care how much they have to pay one ?Personally I don't give two ****s about Ralph's wallet anymore so I don't care if we have to pay one.

Night Train
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM
No thank you. I'm not interested in trading down at #3.

Could I ask you who you see as that special blue chip player at #3 ? Not arguing the point but the trade value chart shows pick #3 is worth 2200 points.

If for example The Skins moved up from #10 to #3, we'd back up to #10 and also receive an extra 2nd & 3rd. ( if they had those picks.. but it's just an example ) The value chart would indeed bring that much.

Don't forget the Pats with all those extra picks. Bills have an extra 4th and then could have 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds. It's no stretch.

Don't we have multiple needs ? If so, you pick up that phone 10 out of 10 times.

madness
02-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Could I ask you who you see as that special blue chip player at #3 ? Not arguing the point but the trade value chart shows pick #3 is worth 2200 points.

If for example The Skins moved up from #10 to #3, we'd back up to #10 and also receive an extra 2nd & 3rd. ( if they had those picks.. but it's just an example ) The value chart would indeed bring that much.

Don't forget the Pats with all those extra picks. Bills have an extra 4th and then could have 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds. It's no stretch.

Don't we have multiple needs ? If so, you pick up that phone 10 out of 10 times.

I'd be happy with Peterson, Green or Dareus at 3. We aren't trying to restock talent like the Patriots (who miss more than they hit with all those extra picks). We are trying to get actual talent. This mess of a team doesn't get fixed in a single off-season and deluding the talent for the sake of adding bodies doesn't help at all in the big picture.

X-Era
02-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd be happy with Peterson, Green or Dareus at 3. We aren't trying to restock talent like the Patriots (who miss more than they hit with all those extra picks). We are trying to get actual talent. This mess of a team doesn't get fixed in a single off-season and deluding the talent for the sake of adding bodies doesn't help at all in the big picture. :up:

Akhippo
02-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I'd be happy with Peterson, Green or Dareus at 3. We aren't trying to restock talent like the Patriots (who miss more than they hit with all those extra picks). We are trying to get actual talent. This mess of a team doesn't get fixed in a single off-season and deluding the talent for the sake of adding bodies doesn't help at all in the big picture.

The part with the Pats is, if they only hit on 40%
5 picks means 2 good players
10 picks means 4 good players.

Still crappy drafting, but 2 more good players.

If you could break out of the 3 position this year, move all the way to the bottom; You could turn Dareus/Martez Wilson/Kaepernick into Phil Taylor/Martez Wilson/Kyle Rudolph/An OT/Kaepernick

ServoBillieves
02-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Slim Pickens was a great actor, but it isn't a good situation in the draft. I'm all for more picks, TRADE ON DOWN!

YardRat
02-03-2011, 06:34 PM
If Fairley and Dareus go 1 and 2, I'm good with backing off for more picks.

Hell, if the deal is sweet enough I'd still consider it even if one or both were still there.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-03-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm not against pigs flying, either, but that doesn't mean there's a snowball's chance in Hades of either one happening.

X-Era
02-04-2011, 05:11 AM
The part with the Pats is, if they only hit on 40%
5 picks means 2 good players
10 picks means 4 good players.

Still crappy drafting, but 2 more good players.

If you could break out of the 3 position this year, move all the way to the bottom; You could turn Dareus/Martez Wilson/Kaepernick into Phil Taylor/Martez Wilson/Kyle Rudolph/An OT/KaepernickTheir rate is actually worse than many teams. It's more like they need the extra picks to get any.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3338611&postcount=6

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=197028

Yasgur's Farm
02-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Putting this trade down scenario into perspective... Dallas (who could really use Peterson) with the 9th pick overall... They'd basically have to offer their entire draft in order to move up to #3.

Yasgur's Farm
02-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I'd probably settle for the Cowboys 1st 3 picks... #3 is worth 2200 points... Cowboys #9, #40, and #71 are collectively worth 2085. Maybe we could ask for next years 3rd as well.

For the record... Cowboy's 4th thru 7th round picks are collectively worth around 140 to 150 points... Don't know for sure until compensatories are announced.

Yasgur's Farm
02-04-2011, 08:07 AM
tbone... I see you watching... Time you lost your virginity and typed your 1st post!

Extremebillsfan247
02-04-2011, 08:15 AM
If buffalo really likes one of the QB's. Are you against a trade down to grab extra picks. We do have many holes.It depends on 3 things, what do we gain, who are we trading with, and how far from the 3rd pick do we move? We are the 3rd overall pick because we have a bad football team. This didn't happen by some dumb stroke of luck. No matter what we choose to do with that pick, it will have consequences whether positive or negative. I wouldn't make a trade unless it was an offer way too good to pass up. Picking at 3 is high enough in the draft to land an instant impact player. Any team wanting to trade up to that position would have to give up a considerable amount for me to make that trade. JMO

psubills62
02-04-2011, 08:41 AM
To be honest, I'm not against trading down no matter who they want, especially this year. This year is not a good one to be near the top. There seems to be a glaring lack of top talent, in my opinion, and much better value where we normally pick.

We need a lot of help and I'm always a fan of getting more picks.

TigerJ
02-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't be against a trade down whether Buffalo had intentions of using the lower first round pick on a QB or not. It's hard to do though. As has been discussed your market is very small because if you're a lot lower in the first round, you're not going to be willing to pay the going rate for a 3rd overall pick. Your draft choices are too valuable. If the Bills did trade down and didn't pick a QB, Cameron Jordan would be a very intriguing possibility.