PDA

View Full Version : Who's on the list of players that the Sabres will not trade?

Michael82
02-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I noticed in the press conference today that there's a small list of players that they will not trade. And Larry Quinn also mentioned that they will not take on any more salary, which leads me to believe that the trade deadline plan is to free up money. The other good news is that Quinn said that "this transaction should close before the player deadline."

So, who's on the small list? My guess is...

Ryan Miller
Tyler Myers
Derek Roy
Thomas Vanek
Tyler Ennis

Ebenezer
02-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Truthfully? Much like everything else with TG we really have no clue. It could be as small as Miller and Myers. It could be 15 players.

I don't think your list is too far off...I would go with Miller, Myers, Vanek and Ennis. After that it's a crap shoot.

Electrici
02-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Miller
Vanek
Myers

That's all I can think of.

CuseJetsFan83
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
i think "untouchable" players are as follows:

tyler myers
ryan miller
thomas vanek
cody mccormick/tyler ennis

everyone else could end up being on the chopping block but as previously said... everyone is fair game

Nighthawk
02-03-2011, 10:23 PM
i think "untouchable" players are as follows:

tyler myers
ryan miller
thomas vanek
cody mccormick/tyler ennis

everyone else could end up being on the chopping block but as previously said... everyone is fair game

I like him, but really...Cody McCormick??? I highly doubt he is on that list...

CuseJetsFan83
02-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I like him, but really...Cody McCormick??? I highly doubt he is on that list...

he's there for 2 reasons.... he has energy, and secondly he's cheap

Electrici
02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
I was always a fan of Adam Mair and Cody McCormick plays that kind of role on the team so I'm a fan too.. I don't know about being on the untouchable list though :)

G Wolly
02-03-2011, 11:08 PM
he's there for 2 reasons.... he has energy, and secondly he's cheap

And at least as of now, has been a steady goal scorer too.

But if Connolly is on this list, Pegula starts off with a below average grade IMO

JD
02-04-2011, 12:36 AM
I think some of you guys are selling Uncle Leo a bit too short..

clumping platelets
02-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Mike Weber

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-04-2011, 04:25 AM
The list should include Ryan Miller, Tyler Myers, and a couple of the top prospects.

OpIv37
02-04-2011, 06:45 AM
I'd be happy if the list ended with Miller and Myers, although you could make a strong case for Ennis and McCormick.

Personally, I think McCormick has been showing some flashes lately and I hope they keep him.

BigZ
02-04-2011, 07:45 AM
My guess is that Pomminville and Stafford are on the list too. Remember, this is a do not trade list only for the time until Pegula takes over.

I don't think that new ownership wants to take a team that has trouble scoring and trade any of it's offensive talent right now.

Over the longer term I think the list is Miller and Myers. Anyone else can go as long as what we get back from all the trades provides more offense. In other words, not that it could happen but, I say we'd trade Roy if we managed to get Sidney Crosby somehow in the other trades. Repeat - I'm not saying it could happen just that my guess is that almost nobody will be untouchable.

OpIv37
02-04-2011, 07:48 AM
we have offensive talent?

trapezeus
02-04-2011, 08:20 AM
i think stafford is the most attractive thing to trade. he's starting to show flashes of his former self. He's playing for a contract and a little injury prone this year.

someone will want that scoring ability and be enamored thinking they'll break his streakyness. in return we ask for your best prospect.

we got to get young and talented. i know stafford is a young guy, but we've seen him plateau. he's doing well only cause of the contract. sell high, i say.

PTI
02-04-2011, 10:03 AM
There isn't one player I would not trade if the right deal is out there.

JD
02-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Miller
Myers
Kaleta
Leopold
Ennis
Gerbe
Vanek
Roy
Enroth

If anyone else is left on this team next year, I'll be pissed off.

Ebenezer
02-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Miller
Myers
Kaleta
Leopold
Ennis
Gerbe
Vanek
Roy
Enroth

Prepare to be pissed. There is no way they turn over 15 players. Just not going to happen.

bosshogg21
02-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Miller
Myers
Kaleta
Leopold
Ennis
Gerbe
Vanek
Roy
Enroth

I like your list... I'd throw McCormick, Stafford, Montador, Weber, Adams, Byron, and Gausted on there if we're talking about who will really still be on the roster.

I think we cut Grier, niedemeyer, rivet, and trade pominville and Connelly for anything.

SkateZilla
02-07-2011, 10:59 AM
4-3, Blue n gold

chernobylwraiths
02-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Should be Miller and Myers and that's it.