ct bills fan
02-05-2011, 06:28 PM
andre out *****

MikeInRoch
02-05-2011, 06:29 PM
And..... he doesn't make it. What bull.

cocamide
02-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Deion Sanders in the HoF? That's ridiculous. He was the softest guy to ever play in the league.

Beebe's Kid
02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I am shocked that Dent made it. Faulk is an *******.

Billz_fan
Im so pissed. Going to lay down and watch a movie or something.

NOT THE DUDE...
Les richeter? shannon sharpe? ****ing richard dent over andre reed???????

WTF?

THATHURMANATOR
02-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Les richeter? shannon sharpe? ****ing richard dent over andre reed???????

WTF?
Yeah why not? Sharpe is the best TE ever

BuffaloBlitz83
02-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Deion Sanders in the HoF? That's ridiculous. He was the softest guy to ever play in the league.

Are you kidding me. Deion was a Lock. Greatest corner EVER

Beebe's Kid
02-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I don't like him either, but he was a great player.

I have an issue with Sharpe. I know he was a great TE, but the times have changed...isn't that the problem with Andre?

I am a homer, but Reed belongs, homer or not.

Dr. Lecter
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Are you kidding me. Deion was a Lock. Greatest corner EVER
He was very good but was not the best ever.

Somebody who can't tackle at all is not the best.

Michael Haynes and Darrell Green were better

wmoz11
02-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Richard Dent?! It's an honor to make it further in the process than Cris Carter and Tim Brown, but still not right. Someone in another thread mentioned it - it's very difficult to get in as a WR. Especially because you are basically dependent on having a good QB to help you along.

jcdavey
02-05-2011, 06:55 PM
deion was the best cover corner in the history of the sport, even though he didn't like to tackle

also he scored SO MANY touchdowns

as for shannon sharpe, he is very deserving, what a GREAT TE

thank goodness Dent got in too, he was very fun to watch

Dujek
02-05-2011, 07:02 PM
****ing disgraceful.

Though I'm glad that Ed Sabol got in, he is a big part of why people over here get into the NFL and took it to a much wider audience.

Prov401
02-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Who didn't know Faulk, Deion, and Sharpe were going to get in? I mean really. Those guys were easy locks.

Philagape
02-05-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm shocked Roaf didn't make it. He's on two all-decade teams.

Ebenezer
02-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Who didn't know Faulk, Deion, and Sharpe were going to get in? I mean really. Those guys were easy locks.
Can you imagine the ceremony with three talking forever? :yikes:

MJones83
02-05-2011, 07:47 PM
I wont be watching. I dont feel like having a headach.

Prov401
02-05-2011, 08:00 PM

I hear ya on that.

It's still ridiculous that Carter, Reed, and Brown aren't in there yet. But maybe next year all 3 will get in and it will be highlighted by great 90's receivers.

don137
02-05-2011, 08:06 PM
:moon: to all the voters that selected Richard Dent over Andre Reed... Dent was good but Reed wa awesome. No way should Dent got in before Andre. However, I guess it's good Andre get in next year so I not have to hear Faulk and Deion..

Mr. Pink
02-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Personally, I don't think Reed gets in until after Cris Carter. Whenever that may be.

Ebenezer
02-05-2011, 08:25 PM
:moon: to all the voters that selected Richard Dent over Andre Reed... Dent was good but Reed wa awesome. No way should Dent got in before Andre. However, I guess it's good Andre get in next year so I not have to hear Faulk and Deion..
Different positions. They aren't comparing Dent to Reed.

CuseJetsFan83
02-05-2011, 08:47 PM
marshall faulk getting in over curtis martin is kinda rediculous but i guess titles really do go a longer way than being a top 5 rusher in league history

NOT THE DUDE...
02-05-2011, 09:11 PM
shannon sharpe was waaayyyy overrated...

YardRat
02-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Apparently being a talking head post-career may help a little bit.

A little puzzled by the Dent selection myself also.

Billz_fan
02-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Andre needs to pull a Harry Carson and tell them to shove it. Then he will get in :D

Night Train
02-06-2011, 04:36 AM
A shame Reed didn't make it but it looks likely within the next 2 years.

I think it's a great class although like some mentioned, Sharpe,Sanders & Faulk will be hell to listen to at the ceremony. All have very healthy egos. That will be Must Miss TV.

Richard Dent should have been in several years ago. Nice to see Chris Hanburger get in from the Vets side. He was a great LB with the Skins back in the day. Ed Sabol should have been in 10 years ago, since NFL films did so much for the sport.

DraftBoy
02-06-2011, 09:13 AM
People complaining about Dent not getting in, either don't understand that the HOF committee is not picking Dent v. Reed, or never watched Dent play.

Dent was one of the most dominant DE's ever to play in the NFL.

YardRat
02-06-2011, 09:36 AM
People complaining about Dent not getting in, either don't understand that the HOF committee is not picking Dent v. Reed, or never watched Dent play.

Dent was one of the most dominant DE's ever to play in the NFL.

I don't see it as Reed vs. Dent, and I remember Dent's playing days. I think qualifying him as "one of the most dominant DE's ever to play" is a bit of an exaggeration...He wasn't even top 5 of his era.

DraftBoy
02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't see it as Reed vs. Dent, and I remember Dent's playing days. I think qualifying him as "one of the most dominant DE's ever to play" is a bit of an exaggeration...He wasn't even top 5 of his era.

At the time of his retirement he was 3rd All-Time in sacks behind only White and Bruce. How is that not dominant?

I know stats are everything but for years Dent was almost unblockable one on one, constantly getting chipped and DT'd.

I completely disagree with your last statement, but who would you have top five for the 85-95 era?

YardRat
02-06-2011, 10:55 AM
At the time of his retirement he was 3rd All-Time in sacks behind only White and Bruce. How is that not dominant?

I know stats are everything but for years Dent was almost unblockable one on one, constantly getting chipped and DT'd.

I completely disagree with your last statement, but who would you have top five for the 85-95 era?

I find it ironic that HOF voters put Dent in, but the same voters in the past have determined that players such as Chris Doleman and Neil Smith (same era as Dent) deserved to be on All-Decades team yet Dent didn't. Even more ironic, neither Doleman or Smith have been elected to the Hall.

Dent obviously might not even be top 5 of his era according to the very people who put him in.

White, Bruce, Doleman, Smith, and Howie Long would be my top 5. Dent is in there with the group that includes Charles Mann and Greg Townsend,.

DraftBoy
02-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I find it ironic that HOF voters put Dent in, but the same voters in the past have determined that players such as Chris Doleman and Neil Smith (same era as Dent) deserved to be on All-Decades team yet Dent didn't. Even more ironic, neither Doleman or Smith have been elected to the Hall.

Dent obviously might not even be top 5 of his era according to the very people who put him in.

White, Bruce, Doleman, Smith, and Howie Long would be my top 5. Dent is in there with the group that includes Charles Mann and Greg Townsend,.

I wouldn't rank either Doleman or Smith ahead of Dent. I can see an argument on Smith, but I dont see Doleman at all. Just my opinion though.

Ive always maintained that until Ray Guy gets in nobody has the right to complain about not getting in.

YardRat
02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't rank either Doleman or Smith ahead of Dent. I can see an argument on Smith, but I dont see Doleman at all. Just my opinion though.

Regardless of our opinions and how they may differ slightly, don't you still find it odd that of three guys from the same era (Dent, Doleman and N.Smith), the very same voters put one in the HOF, but ranked the other two higher for the All-Decades teams, yet they are not in the HOF?

Ive always maintained that until Ray Guy gets in nobody has the right to complain about not getting in.

I agree...That's why he was #1 on my list in the other thread.

THATHURMANATOR
02-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Seriously. Faulk especially IMO. The guy was the best player in football for a period of time and great his entire career.

Dr. Lecter
02-07-2011, 08:57 AM
shannon sharpe was waaayyyy overrated...
OK, that was funny - intentional or not.

better days
02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Seriously. Faulk especially IMO. The guy was the best player in football for a period of time and great his entire career.

Yeah Faulk was great as a player, too bad Faulk SUCKS at his new job in the media.

MikeInRoch
02-07-2011, 09:05 AM
marshall faulk getting in over curtis martin is kinda rediculous but i guess titles really do go a longer way than being a top 5 rusher in league history

Take off the Jets goggles. Faulk was a much, much better player than Martin. (by the way, Faulk also had nearly 2,000 more yards from scrimmage...)

trapezeus
02-07-2011, 09:40 AM
i still think if Deion wasn't as flashy, his skills wouldn't have been so "impressive" to the voters.

Reed handed the ball off or simply spiked it.

And isn't it amazing that sanders, faulk,and sharpe, three guys with prominent TV gigs got in over guys who don't have the free PR? Pathetic.

Mr. Pink
02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
i still think if Deion wasn't as flashy, his skills wouldn't have been so "impressive" to the voters.

Reed handed the ball off or simply spiked it.

And isn't it amazing that sanders, faulk,and sharpe, three guys with prominent TV gigs got in over guys who don't have the free PR? Pathetic.

Deion is the best corner cover I've ever seen play and one of the best returnmen too.

Faulk is the best multipurpose back in NFL history. He took what Roger Craig did and then kicked it up another notch.

Shannon Sharpe is probably the best receiving TE in NFL history.

If you think that the fact these guys are in the media is why they got in, you're pretty delusional or just upset about Reed not making it. Why is Cris Carter not in? He's had the media outlet post career too. It has nothing to do with them being on TV as broadcasters, announcers, color guys, etc...If it was Cris Collinsworth would be in the HOF too.