PDA

View Full Version : Wow...look what a good QB does for you!

Nighthawk
02-06-2011, 09:33 PM
There is no arguing that the Bills need a franchise QB to win a Super Bowl. We NEED to find one...and quick!

djjimkelly
02-06-2011, 09:35 PM
whats sad is he should have been ours

we dont trade back into the first for losman

then we keep following years pick then take rodgers

oh what could have been

TacklingDummy
02-06-2011, 09:35 PM
If it was an easy thing to do the Bills would have had more than 1 in their history.

Nighthawk
02-06-2011, 09:36 PM

oh what could have been

That's the past...we need to worry about the future and get our Rodgers...it's time!

Nighthawk
02-06-2011, 09:36 PM
If it was an easy thing to do the Bills would have had more than 1 in their history.

True, but ignoring it and accepting mediocrity that is Fitz, will not change this clubs success.

djjimkelly
02-06-2011, 09:37 PM
That's the past...we need to worry about the future and get our Rodgers...it's time!

soon i hope

TacklingDummy
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM

oh what could have been

Matthews instead of Maybin.
Bulaga instead of Spiller.

Joe Fo Sho
02-06-2011, 09:56 PM
They had the 2nd best defense in the NFL. That probably played a small role.

Mad Max
02-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Nobody said it would be easy. That doesn't mean that it's impossible, it's been done many times before. Just not by us because, you know, we suck at drafting.

49'ers -Montana, Young

Steelers- Bradshaw, O'Donell, Roethlisberger

Cowboys- Staubach, Aikman, Romo

Packers- Farvray (sic), Rodgers

Falcons- Chandler, Vick, Ryan

Oilers/Titans- Moon, Mcnair

Chargers- Fouts, Rivers, Brees

...the list goes on.

BidsJr
02-06-2011, 10:31 PM
If Fitzpatrick played on either of those teams they would have lost by 30.

justasportsfan
02-06-2011, 10:33 PM
what was the score between bills vs pitts?

Joe Fo Sho
02-06-2011, 10:37 PM

Haha, exactly. People should really give Fitz at least an ounce of credit. He's made Bills football exciting again if nothing else. Saying Fitz would've put up 0 points is absolutely unfounded.

PromoTheRobot
02-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Just pick a great QB and tutor him for 5 years behind a future hall-of-famer. It''s so simple!

PTR

Beebe's Kid
02-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Just pick a great QB and tutor him for 5 years behind a future hall-of-famer. It''s so simple!

PTR

Does this mean that we need to get our Favre, then our Rodgers?

Joe Fo Sho
02-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Does this mean that we need to get our Favre, then our Rodgers?

Seems simple enough, right?

We just need to trade Atlanta for whatever troubled backup they have, turn him into a HOF quarterback, and BAM!! 10 years later have our 'Rodgers' fall to us in the draft and start him 5 years later.

BidsJr
02-06-2011, 11:13 PM

Pittsburg was gearing up for a JV game.

If you don't think that Dicky L. would have shreaded our line with his D in this game you are beyond help.

justasportsfan
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM

If you don't think that Dicky L. would have shreaded our line with his D in this game you are beyond help.
woulda, coulda,shoulda. I can play that too,fact is bills woulda, coulda,shoulda beaten pitts if Stevie didnt drop the ball. they didn't beat us by 30 points. Fact.

justasportsfan
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Haha, exactly. People should really give Fitz at least an ounce of credit. He's made Bills football exciting again if nothing else. Saying Fitz would've put up 0 points is absolutely unfounded.

the haters are just as bad as the Fitzs fans. There were days when fitz played like he did vs. Pitts and there were days when he played like he did vs. pats. In the end he's neither here nor there after playing for a team in its first year of rebuild.

Joe Fo Sho
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM
the haters are just as bad as the Fitzs fans. There were days when fitz played like he did vs. Pitts and there were days when he played like he did vs. pats. In the end he's neither here nor there after playing for a team in its first year of rebuild.

He is what he is, an averaging starting QB in the NFL. At this moment in time, he's not the answer we're looking for, but he could be. Or he could fall off and never play in this league again, the Bills seem to be good at getting QBs kicked out of the NFL.

I'm neither a hater or a licker. When someone defends Fitz, others assume that guy is saying Fitz is god, and when someone says Fitz isn't the answer, people assume he's saying Fitz is a scrub. I personally think that there can be a middle ground, and the Fitz falls into it.

Joe Fo Sho
02-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Haha, geared up for a JV game?? The NFL doesn't work like that. You think they were pitying us? Even in the 4th Quarter when we were close? Even in Overtime? That is beyond a ridiculous statement.

methos4ever
02-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Well the Pack drafted Rodgers, had patience and let him develop over 3 years. Madden was on Sirius just this week (or maybe last week?) talking about how Rodgers was horrible his first camp and then was light years better by his third. Would the Bills fans be patient and let a guy develop that long?

G Wolly
02-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Wow...look what posting the same thread week after week accomplishes!

Shut up. We know.

Would the Bills fans be patient and let a guy develop that long?

We kept Losman around. Unless you have the right people to develop a good QB, their abilities will be reflected through their play.

Similar to parenting children. Some children can be naturally talented or gifted in certain areas, but most of them need to be taught and brought up correctly otherwise they won't learn how to do their best.

Ickybaluky
02-07-2011, 04:36 AM
Rodgers was great in that game. At 27, with a good team around him, he is going to be around a while too. He is legit.

YardRat
02-07-2011, 05:22 AM
Nobody said it would be easy. That doesn't mean that it's impossible, it's been done many times before. Just not by us because, you know, we suck at drafting.

49'ers -Montana, Young

...the list goes on.

I love these lists...I bolded the first round picks listed with their original team. The rest were later picks, free agents, trades...

X-Era
02-07-2011, 05:59 AM
To me it just shows you need both a good defense and a very good quarterback.

Time to find both.

methos4ever
02-07-2011, 06:45 AM

Shut up. We know.

We kept Losman around. Unless you have the right people to develop a good QB, their abilities will be reflected through their play.

Similar to parenting children. Some children can be naturally talented or gifted in certain areas, but most of them need to be taught and brought up correctly otherwise they won't learn how to do their best.
Good point Wolly, but don't forget they also shoved Bledsoe out well before Losman was ready - even with Mularkey and co's playcalling, he could have been a bit better. Heck, our old OC is credited with making Rodgers a solid QB. Sometime's the kid's just not gonna listen.

Beebe's Kid
02-07-2011, 06:47 AM
I love these lists...I bolded the first round picks listed with their original team. The rest were later picks, free agents, trades...

Not to mention that a number of the QB's on that list are suspect. There are a lot of QB's on that list that didn't even make the Playoffs consistently...

If Chandler makes the list, then we the Bills should look like:

Buffalo: Kemp, Ferguson, Kelly, Flutie, Bledsoe

Bledsoe had really sexy numbers, and Flutie won games. Kemp won 2 AFL Championships.

I don't know what all the fuss is about...we just need to go get our Rodgers...it's really that easy. We've been doing it all wrong by trying to not have a good QB here for so many years.

ddaryl
02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
There is no arguing that the Bills need a franchise QB to win a Super Bowl. We NEED to find one...and quick!

We need much much much more then just a QB.

Greenbay has lots and lots of pieces in place on top of a QB.

Greenbay also didn't have a decades worth of ****ty 1st rd draft picks settting them back either.

Michael82
02-07-2011, 08:43 AM
After watching the game, I want a BJ Raji, Cullen Jenkins, or even a Clay Matthews. Then I would use our 2nd round pick and trade back into the 1st round to get an Aaron Rodgers. The question is, which one would that be? How about Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker? :scratch:

Having said that, it is tempting to trade down and take Blaine Gabbert somewhere in the top 10.

better days
02-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Well the Pack drafted Rodgers, had patience and let him develop over 3 years. Madden was on Sirius just this week (or maybe last week?) talking about how Rodgers was horrible his first camp and then was light years better by his third. Would the Bills fans be patient and let a guy develop that long?

If Favre or Kelly in their prime were starting, then yes Bills fans would have let Rogers develop. Who is to say Rogers would not have developed had he started his 2nd year?

djjimkelly
02-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Matthews instead of Maybin.
Bulaga instead of Spiller.

rb in the first in moronic

i truly hope we dont waste a 1st or a 2nd on a rb for the next 10 years

becuz wasting 3 1sts on the rb position is one of the main reasons we are junk

of course jauron is the number 1 reason but the roster will be soon purged of dicks guys

cgbm
02-07-2011, 10:09 AM
After watching the game, I want my a BJ Raji, Cullen Jenkins, or even a Clay Matthews. Then I would use our 2nd round pick and trade back into the 1st round to get an Aaron Rodgers. The question is, which one would that be? How about Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker? :scratch:

Having said that, it is tempting to trade down and take Blaine Gabbert somewhere in the top 10.

good point.

what about keeping our 1 pick and trading into the first again.
but this time not take our losman hahah
i think we should try to get two first rounders.
if nothing else we all agreed that it is way way more likely to find an "elite" player in the first round than any other. with so many holes in our team why dont we try to fix them with two players instead of one iffy (QB).

take peterson or bowers, and then gabbert?

cgbm
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM

of course jauron is the number 1 reason but the roster will be soon purged of dicks guys

can we start calling all of his picks DICKS?

Extremebillsfan247
02-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Well the Pack drafted Rodgers, had patience and let him develop over 3 years. Madden was on Sirius just this week (or maybe last week?) talking about how Rodgers was horrible his first camp and then was light years better by his third. Would the Bills fans be patient and let a guy develop that long? lol Bills fans are anything but patient. If that QB didn't come in and light it up in year one, you would see "He's a bust" threads lighting up Bills message boards all over the internet. The days of grooming QBs are coming to an end because all fans, not just Bills fans, want to see the next Brady, or Manning come right from the college ranks to the pros, and perform like the veterans do. That puts a lot of pressure on teams who have a primary concern with selling game tickets, to throw a lot of these young prospects to the wolves before they've had a chance to actually learn anything of value at the NFL level. That's probably why the majority of the talented QBs coming out of college fail. JMO

EDS
02-07-2011, 10:18 AM

Buddy is going to have to bring in some better players than, because it was mostly Dick's guys that stepped up this past season (i.e., Fitz, Johnson, Bell) to improve the offense. Since the defense was so bad it is hard to argue anyone stepped up.

trapezeus
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
look at what a good team does for you. A defense that gets 3 turnovers and a complimentary offense that puts up 21 points on those three turnovers.

Rodgers was a bit discombobulated there during the 3rd. he didn't make a mistake but he wasn't exactly driving the team to overcome mistakes. HE came through in the end, but that win was what happens when a well coached team, sticks with the script, has complimentary pieces and executes well. no one player was light years ahead to make the win possible.

That's just my opinion.

Beebe's Kid
02-07-2011, 10:43 AM
look at what a good team does for you. A defense that gets 3 turnovers and a complimentary offense that puts up 21 points on those three turnovers.

Rodgers was a bit discombobulated there during the 3rd. he didn't make a mistake but he wasn't exactly driving the team to overcome mistakes. HE came through in the end, but that win was what happens when a well coached team, sticks with the script, has complimentary pieces and executes well. no one player was light years ahead to make the win possible.

That's just my opinion.

Ooohhhh...Trap...this was the "we just need to draft our ___________ (Winning QB from yesterday's game)" thread...the usual weekly thread where the only correct option is to agree that we just simply pick up a "franchise" QB at #3.

Do not come in here making sense and using your silly little facts to cloud the argument. We need to "just" draft the franchise QB at #3. Period.

If we let you continue, you might even say that the guys available aren't that good, or if you are a complete moron like me, actually I think it was "thick," and say something stupid like you think Fitzy is a good QB, and would give us a better chance than a rookie.

djjimkelly
02-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Buddy is going to have to bring in some better players than, because it was mostly Dick's guys that stepped up this past season (i.e., Fitz, Johnson, Bell) to improve the offense. Since the defense was so bad it is hard to argue anyone stepped up.

fitz didnt step up he played average

and i refuse to give dick an credit on bell or johnson

because even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes

thunderofhooves
02-07-2011, 12:19 PM

and an Oline to keep him upright, and a defence to keep the opposition off the field

Johnny Bugmenot
02-07-2011, 01:00 PM

PTR
Then draft another second-rounder, bury him on the practice squad, and make sure he never learns the game so some other team can watch him flame out because he doesn't know what to do.

Some patience.

Mad Max
02-07-2011, 02:12 PM

Nobody said anything about a first round pick. Not me, not the Dummy not Nighthawk (the OP).

This is the statement that my list was responding to:

"If it was an easy thing to do the Bills would have had more than 1 in their history." by the Dummy

and the OP didn't mention anything about a 1st rounder either.

"There is no arguing that the Bills need a franchise QB to win a Super Bowl. We NEED to find one...and quick!" by Nighthawk

So my list was a correct response. We need a Franchise QB, doesn't matter where, or how we obtain him.

justasportsfan
02-07-2011, 02:47 PM
No doubt we need a franchise qb. We also need franchise DLs, franchise dbs, OLs.

Cleve
02-07-2011, 03:41 PM

oh what could have been

We could have had Rodgers and Clay Matthews.

Cleve
02-07-2011, 03:41 PM
No doubt we need a franchise qb. We also need franchise DLs, franchise dbs, OLs.

We need a franchise owner first and foremost, one that has even half a clue.

unpaid_bills
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
No arguing we need a franchise QB, Rodgers is one of the better QBs in the league, but he is also VERY well coached, in a system that suits his style of play, and has a very good supporting case (WR, OL and Def).

It's a big piece of the puzzle the Bills have to get squared away. Lets hope and pray for a phenominal draft and some key FA signings. Also need to continue to find some hidden gems and develop our own guys.

Prov401
02-07-2011, 04:53 PM

49'ers -Montana, Young

...the list goes on.

Please get Romo out of this list.

Night Train
02-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Anyone know where this supermarket is with the overflowing end display of "Franchise QB's".

SABURZFAN
02-07-2011, 06:44 PM

didn't the Bills damn near beat the Steelers with Fitz?

X-Era
02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Anyone know where this supermarket is with the overflowing end display of "Franchise QB's".It's the same one where you can buy the "one guy" who can take us from a gutter defense to top 5.

Nighthawk
02-08-2011, 09:16 PM

Shut up. We know.

Hey Jackass...go find another thread I started about this in the past 2 weeks. Oh yeah, you can't do it because you talk out of your ass a lot...but hey, that's what happens when you really aren't smart.

Nighthawk
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
and an Oline to keep him upright, and a defence to keep the opposition off the field

Wrong to the OL...GB's line is far from dominant and so is the Steelers. That's a nice arguement, but it isn't close to be true.

Nighthawk
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Not to mention that a number of the QB's on that list are suspect. There are a lot of QB's on that list that didn't even make the Playoffs consistently...

If Chandler makes the list, then we the Bills should look like:

Buffalo: Kemp, Ferguson, Kelly, Flutie, Bledsoe

Bledsoe had really sexy numbers, and Flutie won games. Kemp won 2 AFL Championships.

I don't know what all the fuss is about...we just need to go get our Rodgers...it's really that easy. We've been doing it all wrong by trying to not have a good QB here for so many years.

No, we need to just listen to you tell us how a veteran of 7 years in the NFL is developing. Ha, yeah...that's it!

G Wolly
02-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Hey Jackass...go find another thread I started about this in the past 2 weeks. Oh yeah, you can't do it because you talk out of your ass a lot...but hey, that's what happens when you really aren't smart.

Well, take your own advice and read my post.

I didn't say YOU posted the same thread. You're also not the first one either. You're just the latest singer of a worn out song.

You're the one recycling the same words said over and over, expecting what?

P.S. I guess my post really got to you, thanks for the neg rep. :rolleyes:

better days
02-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Wrong to the OL...GB's line is far from dominant and so is the Steelers. That's a nice arguement, but it isn't close to be true.

You can add the Colts to that list even though they did not get far this year, they have in the past with an inferior OL.

Nighthawk
02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
You can add the Colts to that list even though they did not get far this year, they have in the past with an inferior OL.

Exactly...that is such a played out excuse.