PDA

View Full Version : Fans denied access

northernbillfan
02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
I would be so pissed if this happened to me after finally getting to go to the SB.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-angryfans020611

Joe Fo Sho
02-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Jerry Jones is a bag of douche.

Bangarang
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
“They also had the option of viewing the game from standing room platforms in each corner of the stadium,” the league said in a statement. “In addition, these fans will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. The face value of these tickets is $800.”

Not bad.

Michael82
02-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Another black eye for the Dallas Super Bowl! I love it! Hopefully they never ever get another Super Bowl in Dallas again. **** You, Jerry Jones! :up:

Joe Fo Sho
02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Not bad.

Not that good, though.

You think that covers the cost of their plane ticket, hotel stay, and food/entertainment for the weekend (or longer)? Plus, if the Bills were in the Superbowl, me watching them live is priceless. These fans got shafted.

Ebenezer
02-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Not bad.
What if you were a GB fan who can't get tickets because the list at Lambeau is forever but you were lucky enough to score tickets to the SB....and what if you had to leave....and what if GB never gets back...

northernbillfan
02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
How about if you were the GB fan who had to sit behind the Steelers bench to watch it on a screen?

Beebe's Kid
02-07-2011, 06:37 AM
This was the worst Super Bowls that I've ever watched, from a production stand point.

Jerry really screwed the pooch on this one. He should have stopped trying to suck on his own pee pee for a few seconds and payed attention to detail.

If this were Buffalo in the SB, and I was outside, the reimbursement wouldn't have been enough...not even close. Watching on a screen? Wow...class act, Jones.

Novacane
02-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Not bad.

Did you read the article. Some of them paid more than 3 times face value for their tickets. Not so good!

trapezeus
02-07-2011, 09:37 AM
remember, the owners' greed is not to blame for the impending lockout.

it's disgusting that they gave them standing room tickets. it was well known that the average real cost to fans for a ticket into the game was around $2500. Even for the worst seat.

These guys should have been treated like royalty instead of being given a form letter and a place to stand.

Jerry jones will keep getting the superbowl, because the NFL is enamored with big stadiums.

If jerry jones was truly a business man, he would have gone down and apologized personally to help take the sting out of it and be compassionate to their problem. Then maybe a little access to parts of the stadiums for VIP's would have helped as well as the reimbursement.

better days
02-07-2011, 09:58 AM

it's disgusting that they gave them standing room tickets. it was well known that the average real cost to fans for a ticket into the game was around $2500. Even for the worst seat.

These guys should have been treated like royalty instead of being given a form letter and a place to stand.

Jerry jones will keep getting the superbowl, because the NFL is enamored with big stadiums.

If jerry jones was truly a business man, he would have gone down and apologized personally to help take the sting out of it and be compassionate to their problem. Then maybe a little access to parts of the stadiums for VIP's would have helped as well as the reimbursement.

I doubt Dallas gets another Super Bowl because the people that vote on Super Bowl sites know this was a fiasco, with most of the good resturants in the City closed & Taxis on strike, lack of salt on the roads.

trapezeus
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
i just don't see how jerry doesn't talk his way out of the problems and rely on "we have the best stadium in the league".

They'll get a shot again. it'll be interesting to see how the NYC superbowl goes. NYC, despite being a north east city, has piss poor snow removal, and a weak train system that shuts down or runs severe delays with inclement weather. i truly look forward to the NFL just sucking it up and building a stadium in Las Vegas and hosting the superbowl there every year.

I know, totally unrealistic, but a lot more fun for the fans.

ddaryl
02-07-2011, 10:43 AM
A black eye for the pompous ass Jerry Jones...

Joe Fo Sho
02-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I guess they're also giving those guys tickets to next years Superbowl, too. So if they scalp those tickets maybe they can break even, but it would never make up for preventing me from watching my team in the Superbowl.

thunderofhooves
02-07-2011, 12:12 PM
I guess they're also giving those guys tickets to next years Superbowl, too. So if they scalp those tickets maybe they can break even, but it would never make up for preventing me from watching my team in the Superbowl.

I heard that too, but I'm guessing that they would rather have been there yesterday

thunderofhooves
02-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I doubt Dallas gets another Super Bowl because the people that vote on Super Bowl sites know this was a fiasco, with most of the good resturants in the City closed & Taxis on strike, lack of salt on the roads.

If they want to hold it in Texas they'd be better off holding it in Houston. SB 38 was pretty good.

thunderofhooves
02-07-2011, 12:15 PM
except for the result that is

Beebe's Kid
02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
i just don't see how jerry doesn't talk his way out of the problems and rely on "we have the best stadium in the league".

They'll get a shot again. it'll be interesting to see how the NYC superbowl goes. NYC, despite being a north east city, has piss poor snow removal, and a weak train system that shuts down or runs severe delays with inclement weather. i truly look forward to the NFL just sucking it up and building a stadium in Las Vegas and hosting the superbowl there every year.

I know, totally unrealistic, but a lot more fun for the fans.

I am not trying to antagonize here, but what fans???

The people at that game yesterday were not fans. The SB experience is one that many normal fans would never get to appreciate, because we need to make sure we have the entire Bush administration there, and ARod and Cameron and many other super celebrities...we don't need the unwashed masses screwing things up.

You know the guys...the ones that know who every player on the team is, the ones that go to message boards and discuss their team daily, the ones that buy all of the tickets to the boring old regular season games, the ones that buy all of the merchandise, the ones that pay exorbitant prices in your ****ing stadium for food/drink, the ones that make their love of their team a family tradition...you know the suckers.

Ebenezer
02-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Jerry Jones had years to put this together. He was more enamored with bodies in the building to set a record than to make sure those bodies were happy.

clumping platelets
02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Quite honestly the NFL is far more to blame than Jerry Jones. The NFL controls the Super Bowl not Jerry Jones

trapezeus
02-07-2011, 01:38 PM
fair enough, the superbowl is not for us average folk, but at the same time, i don't really care to watch that game live. I like what the superbowl is on the TV. It's a spectacle, it's your friends, it's good food, it's funny commercials.

I would rather be in buffalo watching with my family if the bills were in it. i'd rather be waiting at the airport if they won with the masses in our town, with our team, with our weather, with our food and drink to celebrate with.

I think vegas would have the capacity, events, celebrity factor that the NFL seems to court. and having a regular spot would be easier for the fans.

Ebenezer
02-07-2011, 02:08 PM
fair enough, the superbowl is not for us average folk, but at the same time, i don't really care to watch that game live. I like what the superbowl is on the TV. It's a spectacle, it's your friends, it's good food, it's funny commercials.

I would rather be in buffalo watching with my family if the bills were in it. i'd rather be waiting at the airport if they won with the masses in our town, with our team, with our weather, with our food and drink to celebrate with.

I think vegas would have the capacity, events, celebrity factor that the NFL seems to court. and having a regular spot would be easier for the fans.

The league put the SB in the gambling capital of the world when they won't even give them a team?? Not happening.

ddaryl
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
latest news is the people who we're screwed get free SB tickets to next years game.

I wonder if that holds true if the season is locked out, do they get screwed again or do they get tickets to 2013

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/20110207-jilted-ticket-holders-get-field-access-money-free-tickets-to-next-super-bowl.ece

Extremebillsfan247
02-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Not that good, though.

You think that covers the cost of their plane ticket, hotel stay, and food/entertainment for the weekend (or longer)? Plus, if the Bills were in the Superbowl, me watching them live is priceless. These fans got shafted. And the league decides to sweep it under a rug by offering petty paybacks. Its a new all time low, and a major black eye to the integrity of the NFL brand. That was close to the worst possible thing that could happen to the league with a lockout pending. In this age where just about anyone has access to a pc, things like what happened at that Super Bowl go viral pretty quick. Now if there is a lockout, fans will have half the year or better to stew over it. It might take awhile for the NFL to get fans back that may decide to flee for other sports during this process. It happens all the time in sports where leagues lock out, or strike. Sometimes it takes awhile for fans to forget. This one is going to hurt. JMO

stuckincincy
02-10-2011, 08:46 AM

AFAIK, your figure of $2,500 seems plausible. I recall seeing some tv ads during the season, in which the NFL touted some sort of ticket exchange available on their web site. Which I interpreted as sanctioned scalping.

I would have offered these folks 10K. That runs to a handsome total, but the NFL drips with $$$.

Peyton Manning earned 14 million last season. 450 completions - that's 31 thousand bucks per completion! :pir:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/peyton-manning/69814

I don't lay much if any blame on Jones. He's the owner, and hires people to handle things, with expectations of performance for pay

better days
02-10-2011, 09:46 AM
AFAIK, your figure of $2,500 seems plausible. I recall seeing some tv ads during the season, in which the NFL touted some sort of ticket exchange available on their web site. Which I interpreted as sanctioned scalping.

I would have offered these folks 10K. That runs to a handsome total, but the NFL drips with $$$.

Peyton Manning earned 14 million last season. 450 completions - that's 31 thousand bucks per completion! :pir:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/peyton-manning/69814

I don't lay much if any blame on Jones. He's the owner, and hires people to handle things, with expectations of performance for pay

You don't lay the blame on Jones? You have to be kidding. Jones makes ALL the decisions in Dallas & he made the decision about trying to cram in a bunch of extra seats so he could get more money.

don137
02-10-2011, 09:59 AM
It's not like Dallas hosted any playoff games so the stadium resulting in the stadium being occupied for the last 5 weeks. Just like a CEO of a company he may of not done the work for the extra seats he is however accountable and responsible for delivering what he promised. He did not deliver and it is resulting in bad PR for the league and himself.