PDA

View Full Version : Ah, the Super Bowl's done

TigerJ
02-07-2011, 10:47 AM
and nobody is ahead of our beloved Bills in the standings. :chuckle:

In Chan Gailey's sophomore season as head coach, maybe we'll get some idea about whether the Bills are on the right track. He's made some mistakes, but I do like that he's been decisive in what he's done, and not afraid to get rid of dead wood.

DraftBoy
02-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Super Bowl is over....DRAFT SEASON IS UPON US!

Extremebillsfan247
02-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Let the Rumor Mill begin, I wonder who will break the first big story of the offseason this year.. lol Go Bills.

Ickybaluky
02-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Absent an agreement on the CBA, the off-season is just the draft and a bunch of labor talk.

I hope they can reach an agreement.

ServoBillieves
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
WE MAY BE TIED, BUT WE'RE IN FIRST BABY!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zero
02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Let the Rumor Mill begin, I wonder who will break the first big story of the offseason this year.. lol Go Bills.

Oh...I don't know...maybe Joe Logan???:rolleyes:

Beebe's Kid
02-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Oh...I don't know...maybe Joe Logan???:rolleyes:Joe MF Logan...

If they don't get a CBA...maybe Whitner v Moran will help us through.

Don't Panic
02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Once they do get a CBA there are going to be a lot of guys looking for teams. Might actually play to our advantage to have the draft first, given the number of needs we have. I never did like having the draft after the FA period. Logic seems to dictate it should be the other way around.

DrGraves
02-07-2011, 07:54 PM
I sure hope Merriman brings in his homies to Buffalo!

justasportsfan
02-07-2011, 08:39 PM
finally we get to talk about something we havent talked about. cam Newton. Let me go and start a couple of threads to get the ball rolling.

Luisito23
02-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Too bad Harrison is staying with the Jets.

Night Train
02-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Too bad Harrison is staying with the Jets.

David Harris..but I expected the Franchise tag.

As mentioned above, the lack of a UFA period with the likely lockout makes the draft more important than ever. And with so many needs, I'm hoping the phone rings for an offer at #3. The more picks, the better.

DraftBoy
02-08-2011, 07:45 AM
The draft will be before the FA process this year in all likelihood. Which changes a lot of teams philosophy and you're going to see (imo) a very aggressive and trade filled draft this year.

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2011, 07:47 AM
The draft will be before the FA process this year in all likelihood. Which changes a lot of teams philosophy and you're going to see (imo) a very aggressive and trade filled draft this year.
You think so?

I think the lack of a CBA will make teams nervous about trading - they have no real idea what the rookie salary structure will be.

better days
02-08-2011, 08:05 AM
You think so?

I think the lack of a CBA will make teams nervous about trading - they have no real idea what the rookie salary structure will be.

I think the owners have a very good idea what the rookie salary structure will be. There will be no new CBA without a rookie cap & I don't see the vets fighting over this issue

It is in vet players best interest to have the cap as well the owners. This will leave more money for teams to spend on vets that deserve it.

jamze132
02-08-2011, 08:52 AM
I think there will be an 11th hour agreement and everything will be right in the world by my birthday, March 5th.

Luisito23
02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I doubt this mess drags any longer.

psubills62
02-08-2011, 09:21 AM

However, it won't help that current NFL players can't be traded without a CBA in place. Considering the amount of trading in the mid to late first round the last couple of years, I'm not sure there will be a whole lot more than what's happened recently.

Mike
02-09-2011, 08:13 PM
David Harris..but I expected the Franchise tag.

Its kinda funny because we could have had him. Instead, we traded up in the 2nd round and got Poz instead -who was coming off of an injury. I liked Harris more back than and still do. It kind of reminds me of taking Troup Last year instead of Cody. After one year, Cody -who was the obvious choice- looks like the better more promising player...

I hope we don't make such mistakes this year, but I know better.

imbondz
02-10-2011, 12:52 AM
nothing worse than this time of year for sports. ugh. not until March madness do I care.