PDA

View Full Version : thoroughly enjoyable sabre game

trapezeus
02-08-2011, 09:29 PM
wow, they really needed that game. with carolina getting the devils, the sabres needed to not get blown out. and they certainly were in the middle of the second.

they got to build on it, but it was somewhat exciting.

Hecht and pominville remain terrible. hecht needs to be bought out and shipped out. like today. it's awful.

OpIv37
02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Pominville bothers me more than Hecht. It's an offensive onslaught against a team completely out of the game mentally and he still can't score.

I guess Hecht did the same thing, but Hecht isn't supposed to be an offensive contributor the way Pominville should be.

trapezeus
02-09-2011, 08:08 AM
hecht was a two way liability though. he totally let bergeron get behind him, he hit the post when it was 3-3 on a rattled roloson, he doesn't seem to skate very hard, he takes stupid penalities. He had that 2 on 1 with pominville and he decides to take the shot and misses it wide like phil borque or the steelers 52 yard attempt, take your pick.

One thing i thought about this morning about the game was that, yes, it was entertaining. but it's a problem. you can't let 4 goals in against a good team. Very few goals were impressive, outwork the other team goals. it was good for them to rally and show that they have backbone against a good team, but that kind of effort will still have them fall apart in the playoffs. I want 3 periods out of them. And i want them to win 3 in a row and take off. I've never seen such a boring 11-4-1 run in my life. Usually a run like that would close the gap faster.