PDA

View Full Version : Is it 2006?

OpIv37
02-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure I just watched the Sabres come back from a 2 goal deficit and score 5 in the 3rd period to win 7-4. 13 goals in two games.

Leopold and Morrison were possessed tonight. Lindy was smart to put Morrison on LeCavalier, and they fixed those odd-man rushes they gave up early.

The turning point was the Myers hit on Downie. Downie lost his mind after that and went after Connolly AFTER the goal, which was a ***** move. That hit and the goal took TB out of the game mentally.

My only two complaints: Poor job establishing the offensive zone for most of the game and Ennis needs to stop trying to skate through 4 guys like he's Sergei Federov in NHL 95 on Sega Genesis.

But, all in all, a great effort and a great game to watch.

trapezeus
02-08-2011, 09:38 PM
huge win if they can build on it. can they win 3 in a row for the first time this year?

PTI
02-08-2011, 09:41 PM
huge win if they can build on it. can they win 3 in a row for the first time this year?

If they move to 0 wins and 3 losses against Florida then I think the season could be over. I think this is a must win game coming up.

OpIv37
02-08-2011, 09:44 PM
oh, and I'm glad Timmay! got two tallies. Get that value up before the trade deadline!

Edit: oops, it was only one. The VS announcers originally credited Connolly on Stafford's 2nd and I still had it in my head. Still, one of his better games.

clumping platelets
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
I still want more size up front..............we cannot win in the playoffs without more physicality upfront. I want another nasty d-man for the blueline

clumping platelets
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
AND a center that can help Vanek, Stafford, and Pominville

Philagape
02-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I hate when they tease us like this.

G Wolly
02-08-2011, 11:43 PM
They must have heard about Pegula's "no-touch list" and they were showing him they actually have the ability to play and win.

OpIv37
02-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I still want more size up front..............we cannot win in the playoffs without more physicality upfront. I want another nasty d-man for the blueline
Yeah we do seem to have a lot of undersized guys like Gerbe, Ennis, and that #24 who are undersized. I'm liking McCormick though.

trapezeus
02-09-2011, 08:22 AM
if they were showing that they were afraid for their jobs, they didn't do a very good job of it for the first two periods. That third period needs to be how they play from here on out.

Anyone know why downie went after connolly after leopold's goal? was it just because of the hit he took earlier? and ennis got thrown like a child, but good for him for racing over there. the more i watch him play, the more i like him. i know he has a touch of afinagenov in him, but he seems to hustle back.

jamze132
02-09-2011, 08:47 AM
if they were showing that they were afraid for their jobs, they didn't do a very good job of it for the first two periods. That third period needs to be how they play from here on out.

Anyone know why downie went after connolly after leopold's goal? was it just because of the hit he took earlier? and ennis got thrown like a child, but good for him for racing over there. the more i watch him play, the more i like him. i know he has a touch of afinagenov in him, but he seems to hustle back.
Because he was a *****.