PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly Spoke with Cam Newton at SuperBowl

mrbojanglezs
02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
about three quarters in

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/36936029/2-8-jim-kelly-w-schopp-bulldog.htm?pageid=28473

kelly mentions he talked with Cam Newton at the superbowl and he said he seemed like a really nice guy.

Probably meaningless but interesting.

streetkings01
02-09-2011, 10:00 AM
What's so interesting about it? Last I checked Kelly has no input on player personnel.

Yasgur's Farm
02-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Do you really think you know that? Do you know JK is employed by OBD? You think it just might be possible that OBD would be interested in inside info?

Don't be such a Nacy.

Bangarang
02-09-2011, 11:59 AM
That's very nice of Cam to allow Jimbo to meet him. Hopefully if wasn't too much trouble for Jimbo to get by Team Newton in order to get a few words with the young QB.

trapezeus
02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Why was cam newton at the superbowl? did someone pay for his ticket to be there? or do all BCS championship QB's go to the superbowl?

kelly is the former player equivalent of Modrak. he wanted Tebow real bad, and bubkiss. Regardless of what kelly comes back with, no one will listen to him.

TMu11
02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Do you really think you know that? Do you know JK is employed by OBD? You think it just might be possible that OBD would be interested in inside info?

Don't be such a Nacy.

Didn't he say something similar last year about Tebow?

Night Train
02-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Newton ~ " So you say your name is Kiley ? You a coach ? "

Mad Max
02-09-2011, 04:18 PM
That's very nice of Cam to allow Jimbo to meet him. Hopefully if wasn't too much trouble for Jimbo to get by Team Newton in order to get a few words with the young QB.

Or too expensive.

Tatonka
02-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Why was cam newton at the superbowl? did someone pay for his ticket to be there? or do all BCS championship QB's go to the superbowl?

kelly is the former player equivalent of Modrak. he wanted Tebow real bad, and bubkiss. Regardless of what kelly comes back with, no one will listen to him.

whats bad about wanting tebow? i would take him in a heartbeat right now.

Don't Panic
02-09-2011, 07:11 PM

His dad scored him a ticket... but Cam still doesn't know exactly where it came from.

Buffalo Thriller
02-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Cam still doesn't know exactly where it came from.

Story of his life.

DrGraves
02-09-2011, 11:12 PM
i was thoroughly unimpressed with cam in the championship game. if you can't look like a dominant qb with over a month to prepare against college kids, how will you be good in the nfl when you have 6 days to prepare and are facing way better competition?

BidsJr
02-10-2011, 08:17 AM
i was thoroughly unimpressed with cam in the championship game. if you can't look like a dominant qb with over a month to prepare against college kids, how will you be good in the nfl when you have 6 days to prepare and are facing way better competition?

-Signed Peyton Manning. (After getting thumped 42-17 by Nebraska his senior bowl game.)

trapezeus
02-10-2011, 08:31 AM
whats bad about wanting tebow? i would take him in a heartbeat right now.

Nothing. i'm just saying Kelly has had opinions on players before and nothing has happened. yeah, he's paid by the team, but very little of his input seems to be taken in.

we are
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
-Signed Peyton Manning. (After getting thumped 42-17 by Nebraska his senior bowl game.)

nicely done.

Figster
02-10-2011, 09:59 AM
According to SI's Tony Pauline, at least six NFL teams are ranking Auburn's Cam Newton as the top quarterback prospect in the 2011 draft. http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/images/clear.gif

TFY Draft insider http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4627

Last week in San Antonio at least six different teams said they rank Auburn quarterback Cam Newton as the number one prospect in the draft. The opinions were comprised from scouts, personnel directors and a few coaches. All had Newton rated clearly higher than Da’Quan Bowers, Nick Fairley, Marcel Dareus and competing signal caller Blaine Gabbert. We hear the Miami Dolphins have been inquiring heavily into Newton at this stage of the game.

Good Superbowl interview in case anyone missed it

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d81e212f4/Cam-Newton-on-set

Mr. Pink
02-10-2011, 04:00 PM
So now this year is Jim gonna take Cam out for dinner and lobby for the Bills to pick him much like he did with Tebow last year?

How enthralling!

Then next year he can do the same with Barkley!

better days
02-11-2011, 07:43 AM

I didn't know the Senior Bowl was a Championship game. I thought it was an exhibition for seniors to show their stuff to the NFL scouts & QB's only play about one half of the game if that.