PDA

View Full Version : Calling a Spade a Spade

Mike
02-09-2011, 08:23 PM
As you all well know, when it comes to the draft and our beloved Bills, they are no match made in heaven. Even when the obviously right choice is in front of us, we out think ourselves and make the wrong choice (Maybin vs Orakpo).

Now before you say, that was the former administration, before you blame Dickie, remember that we pretty much have the same FO.... So, as usual, last year was no exception. We took Troup instead of Cody -looks like a bad move, drafted a RB we did not need, who many said could not carry a full load in the Top 10 in Spiller. The rest of the draft was Blahhhhh.....

So, will this year be any different? That is the Question.
And assuming they F-up the draft once again, and draft some guy 1-2 round to early will you defend the pick, or will you defend the Bills for making the pick?
Can we as a whole, grow a nut-sack this time around and call a Spade a Spade,,,, and still be Fans, realistic Fans?

Raptor
02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
As you all well know, when it comes to the draft and our beloved Bills, they are no match made in heaven. Even when the obviously right choice is in front of us, we out think ourselves and make the wrong choice (Maybin vs Orakpo).

Now before you say, that was the former administration, before you blame Dickie, remember that we pretty much have the same FO.... So, as usual, last year was no exception. We took Troup instead of Cody -looks like a bad move, drafted a RB we did not need, who many said could not carry a full load in the Top 10 in Spiller. The rest of the draft was Blahhhhh.....

And assuming they F-up the draft once again, and draft some guy 1-2 round to early will you defend the pick, or will you defend the Bills for making the pick?
Can we as a whole, grow a nut-sack this time around and call a Spade a Spade,,,, and still be Fans, realistic Fans?

Based on what exactly? The vast majority of Ravens fans think he's a fat overrated lazy player who will be out of the league in no more than three years

Bangarang
02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Somehow I imagine that if Spiller goes on to become a Pro Bowl RB and we hadnt drafted him that people will say "Why didn't Nix take BPA after Spiller fell in our laps!!??"

ParanoidAndroid
02-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm tired of this draft hindsight crap.

Joe Fo Sho
02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
As soon as you give them a little crdit for their good draft picks.

tampabay25690
02-09-2011, 10:20 PM
OMG people make me laugh..........

tcb5033
02-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Is the point of this thread to rag mercilessly on Maybin? Message boards are a place to share thoughts and opinions, not to all agree on one thing. And when it comes to the Bills, we all know there is a lot of changes people would have made in the past, the point is to debate them.

DrGraves
02-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Is the point of this thread to rag mercilessly on Maybin? Message boards are a place to share thoughts and opinions, not to all agree on one thing. And when it comes to the Bills, we all know there is a lot of changes people would have made in the past, the point is to debate them.

bills fans everywhere are still JO'ing to bad times from the maybin pick.

bflojohn
02-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Are you there when Torrell Troup readies himself for a second year by possibly dedicating to hard work in the weight room and possibly film study? Incidently, the conventional wisdom on the maturing of a DT/NT is approx. 3 years, so do the math! Personally, I am totally of the opinion Spiller will be a fine back before it's all over, so please come in from the ledge your on and give this last draft class a chance to make its mark, O.K.??

Night Train
02-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Codys' conditioning was alarming at the pre draft workouts/combines. He had actual womens breasts. Barely played at all during the season behind a loaded DL. I can understand established Pro Bowl vets likeTed Washington or Sam Adams looking like that in their 30's but not a 21 year old kid just starting out and wanting some good $$. No way.

Did show some future promise in the 2 playoff games but let's revisit this flawless hindsight in 2-3 years.

The passing over Ngata to draft Whitner is still the one that pisses me off the most. That was Jauron showing how much smarter he supposedly was than everyone else. Ralph gave him the power to make that pick because Levy ( hired strictly as a figurehead ) deferred to him.

Orakpo should have been the pick over Maybin, with the Roids cloud hanging over Matthews and several others at USC during the draft. Just a dumb selection.

YardRat
02-10-2011, 05:26 AM
I already have a nutsack, and I wish you good luck in growing your own.

Extremebillsfan247
02-10-2011, 06:51 AM

Can we as a whole, grow a nut-sack this time around and call a Spade a Spade,,,, and still be Fans, realistic Fans? It reads more to me like your ready to bash this team before they've even made a selection. So no matter who they choose to draft, it will be wrong in your opinion, so they can't win no matter what they do. Tell me, why should I follow this philosophy of hating on them until they make a decision I agree with? lol

Beebe's Kid
02-10-2011, 08:52 AM
It reads more to me like your ready to bash this team before they've even made a selection. So no matter who they choose to draft, it will be wrong in your opinion, so they can't win no matter what they do. Tell me, why should I follow this philosophy of hating on them until they make a decision I agree with? lol

No he's just a "realistic" nut sack.

This is hilarious. I started a thread bemoaning our pick the day before the draft last year...People with this exact attitude were all wet-tipped to correct me that the draft hadn't happened yet...the irony was almost too much.

OpIv37
02-10-2011, 09:16 AM
It reads more to me like your ready to bash this team before they've even made a selection. So no matter who they choose to draft, it will be wrong in your opinion, so they can't win no matter what they do. Tell me, why should I follow this philosophy of hating on them until they make a decision I agree with? lol

Being a fan of the team means that by definition, we want the team to win. When players or FO personnel or draft decisions are preventing this team from winning, criticizing those decisions is not "hating on" the team. I just don't get this mentality. People who supposedly want the team to win get mad when people are "hating on" the very people and decisions that are keeping the team from winning.

And I understand your point that it seems like the original poster is positioning himself to criticize the team no matter who they draft, but have they really earned the benefit of the doubt? Look at the drafting over the last decade. And before you say "well Buddy Nix wasn't here," I have two responses to that:
1. Nix wasn't here, but Ralph, Brandon, Modrak and Overdorf were.
2. Nix pulled the "let's not trade Lynch for a draft pick but let's draft Spiller...oh wait, it's 4 months after the draft so now let's trade Lynch for a draft pick that we can't use until next season" stunt.

Honestly, at this point, the team is plenty deserving of criticism.

THATHURMANATOR
02-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't think I have the courage necessary to talk about Draft Selections....

Mike
02-10-2011, 10:19 AM

Looks like your avatar is looking for it.

Mike
02-10-2011, 10:28 AM

Thats not true at all. When they make a good selection, I commend them and there is something to look forward to. When they make a dumb ass selection, I criticize them. Then I get criticized by dumb ass like you, who it takes 3-5 years to figure out that I was right -see Maybin.

Now, I know what I am saying hurts, but its been acurate this far, and I am far from being the most accurate on this board. There are others, a few, who have been predicting all of this for years, and have criticized bad football dicisions when they occure not 3-5 years later when we have a change in coach and everyone blames the old regime. So,in retrospect, these individuals have MORE Credibility than the Bills themselves, so this year *IF* the Bills make their usual dumb ass selection Call a Spade a Spade and Give the Benefit of the Doubt to the very people who Have Been Right All Along Opposed to the Experts who have not been able to muster 1 playoff in over 10yrs in a league of parity! Stop being a brainwashed follower...

ParanoidAndroid
02-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Some of us don't see the point in getting all worked up over bad draft selections because....

There's not a damn thing we can do about it.

The only thing we can do is hope the guy gets better.

I mean.... are you going to stage some kind of public protest or boycott?

Do you want a cookie for stating the obvious and calling it "realism?"

Hey! Good job, man! You are so right! That draft pick sucked. :party:

OpIv37
02-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Some of us don't see the point in getting all worked up over bad draft selections because....

There's not a damn thing we can do about it.

The only thing we can do is hope the guy gets better.

I mean.... are you going to stage some kind of public protest or boycott?

Do you want a cookie for stating the obvious and calling it "realism?"

Hey! Good job, man! You are so right! That draft pick sucked. :party:

Some of us take football too seriously to NOT get worked up over a bad draft selection.

Oaf
02-10-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm tired of this draft hindsight crap.
Then we should try drafting with some foresight for once.

feldspar
02-10-2011, 08:40 PM

Ha, ha.

I hate it when guys tell other guys to "grow a nut-sack." Makes me wonder why they want me to have a nut-sack...a big, fat, meaty one.

Also, I see no correlation between opinions and balls. Do large testicles equate with knowledge or something somehow? I know some women with a lot of balls. I have balls, both literally and figuratively, but all they do is just hang there stupidly usually.

Extremebillsfan247
02-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Being a fan of the team means that by definition, we want the team to win. When players or FO personnel or draft decisions are preventing this team from winning, criticizing those decisions is not "hating on" the team. I just don't get this mentality. People who supposedly want the team to win get mad when people are "hating on" the very people and decisions that are keeping the team from winning.

And I understand your point that it seems like the original poster is positioning himself to criticize the team no matter who they draft, but have they really earned the benefit of the doubt? Look at the drafting over the last decade. And before you say "well Buddy Nix wasn't here," I have two responses to that:
1. Nix wasn't here, but Ralph, Brandon, Modrak and Overdorf were.
2. Nix pulled the "let's not trade Lynch for a draft pick but let's draft Spiller...oh wait, it's 4 months after the draft so now let's trade Lynch for a draft pick that we can't use until next season" stunt.

Honestly, at this point, the team is plenty deserving of criticism. Oh I agree, any fan should want the team to win. After all that is the whole point to it right? But it should also be pointed out that there are different types of criticism. For example, one type is known as constructive criticism which is often used by those with first hand knowledge of a given situation, and offer solutions or ideas in order to come to a better resolution. Another type of criticism is called hypercriticism. Hypercriticism is often used by those who find fault in everything so no matter how favorable the outcome of a given situation, they are quick to judge it in a negative manor.

Now, depending on opinion, and that may vary widely on a message board among fans, most criticism of this team's actions or inactions most often fall along the lines of these 2 types of criticism. The real question is not whether the Bills are deserving of criticism. I think we could all agree that they do to some extent. What should be questioned is the level of that criticism, and which form is most constructive from a fan's stand point. Which brings me back to the original point of agreement on any fan wanting their team to win, if we continually act out in a belligerent manor because they have yet to find the pieces needed to win, yet all we have to offer is the negativity indicative of hypercriticism, are we not defeating the purpose of being fans in the first place? Just wondering.