X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Soliai To Test Market

Big Paul is going to try to cash in...I think it would be a good move. I am sure we can come up with a bunch of reasons he is no good and why the Bills shouldn't sign him...don't let me down.

Rotoworld

• Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Soliai To Test Market

Contract year breakout = NO thank you!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

The fact that he's trying to cash in and only came on big in his contract year should tell you something. If he can play like that every year, he'd be worth some money, but as it is, his behavior is reminiscent of Haynesworth.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Luisito23
        Contract year breakout = NO thank you!
        There you go!!! That's the spirit!!

Comment

• tomz
          • Feb 2007

Breaking the spirit of not letting BK down, but still some delicious negativity...

Isn't this guy a young vet? Don't they most often start performing consistently well near the end of their first contract?

Oh yeah, I forgot that people that do not reach all-pro level within 3 weeks of the start of training camp are 'busts' in the world of this board!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
            There you go!!! That's the spirit!!
            He's samoan, they don't do well in Buffalo weather.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tcb5033
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              He's samoan, they don't do well in Buffalo weather.
              They seem to do well in Pittsburgh weather (see Troy Polumolu)...not entirely different climates.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tcb5033
                They seem to do well in Pittsburgh weather (see Troy Polumolu)...not entirely different climates.
                it's colder in WNY
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by tomz
                  Breaking the spirit of not letting BK down, but still some delicious negativity...

Isn't this guy a young vet? Don't they most often start performing consistently well near the end of their first contract?

Oh yeah, I forgot that people that do not reach all-pro level within 3 weeks of the start of training camp are 'busts' in the world of this board!
                  Yes, he is 27. That is way past his prime, and the fact that he happened to finally get a shot in his contract year, there is no way he will be as good, and definitely never better.

Although, I do reserve the right to piss and moan if he does well somewhere else that we didn't sign him.

So many "experts" around here never put themselves out there. It is all negative, unless it's too late to get somebody. The only people we need to get "our" version of is guys in the middle of a contract.

I will say that this guy is going to be a really good player for a long time, and I would take a chance on a dude this big. I would see this as necessary if I was going to take a move to the 3-4 seriously, which we apparently are.

Sometimes you have to take some chances, and this is a chance I would take. Maybe we could sign him to a series of 1 year contracts and that way he would always be in a "contract year."

:brilliant:
                  :brilliant:

Comment

• Mad Max
                    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                    • Mar 2003

Where's Dellappelle? He was nuthugging Soliai for quite a while.

This was one of the rare occasions that I agreed with "I'm not Mitchell55", I like the idea of bringing in Soliai for multiple reasons:

-it helps strengthen one of our weaknesses
                    -it allows us to not have to spend a draft pick on a NT allowing us to concentrate on edge rushers
                    -it gives us the flexibility to move down a little in the draft (if possible) and still get a good edge rusher.
                    -it weakens the dolphags
                    -it brings us a bona fide Sa.Mo.An. Most winners in the NFL have a stud Samoan (Green Bay is the exception to the rule, although rumor has it that Clay Matthews is half Samoan/half Caveman.
                    Last edited by Mad Max; 02-10-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Thief
                      • Sep 2009

This would be a A+ move for the Bills, IMO. It would probably help our D more than any other possible off season move. In fact, I may go door to door and high-five random neighbors if I didn't have company when/if I heard it got done.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

If the Bills could get Soliai,great. The problem is he really wants to stay in Miami & they will most likely keep him. I think a team will have to overpay to get him like the Bills did with Dockery & the results may also be the same.

Comment

• more cowbell
                          • Apr 2006

This guy was IMPOSSIBLE to move in the middle this season. I actually remember Chan Gailey talking about him a few times this season on how he is an elite nose tackle.

Still don't see us throwing a bunch of cash at him though...this team is going to be built through the draft.
                          The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

We don't have a snowball's chance in hell of bringing in Harris or Woodley for the LBer corps, so I'd be good at throwing money at Soliai to try to solidify the NT spot.

I'm willing to risk it.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mad Max
                              Where's Dellappelle? He was nuthugging Soliai for quite a while.

This was one of the rare occasions that I agreed with "I'm not Mitchell55", I like the idea of bringing in Soliai for multiple reasons:

-it helps strengthen one of our weaknesses
                              -it allows us to not have to spend a draft pick on a NT allowing us to concentrate on edge rushers
                              -it gives us the flexibility to move down a little in the draft (if possible) and still get a good edge rusher.
                              -it weakens the dolphags
                              -it brings us a bona fide Sa.Mo.An. Most winners in the NFL have a stud Samoan (Green Bay is the exception to the rule, although rumor has it that Clay Matthews is half Samoan/half Caveman.
                              Without a new CBA there won't be any free agency before the draft, so as of right now your second and third points aren't applicable. The draft will most likely be before free agency this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X