• kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Wes Bunting's First Mock

Has us taking Newton at 3.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Wes Bunting's First Mock

I think of all our possible picks at #3. Newton is the one I fear the most.

HOWEVER; We know one thing. Nix does not draft 1 year wonders... I serioulsy doubt he breaks that rule.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
      I think of all our possible picks at #3. Newton is the one I fear the most.

HOWEVER; We know one thing. Nix does not draft 1 year wonders... I serioulsy doubt he breaks that rule.
      Marcus Easley was essentially a one year wonder. However, he was a 4th rounder and couldn't really compare to if we drafted a one year wonder at 3rd overall.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Bangarang
        Marcus Easley was essentially a one year wonder. However, he was a 4th rounder and couldn't really compare to if we drafted a one year wonder at 3rd overall.
        I agree.. big difference taking a chance at #3 overall compare to a 4th round selection

I always thought Nix was regarding the drafting of one year wonders to the those at the top of the draft.
        Last edited by ddaryl; 02-10-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Bangarang
          I think this every time I see that Nix won't draft a one year wonder. Easley is exactly that.

I agree that the 4th round is different than #3.

I do not think that Buddy would rule out drafting Newton because of the one year thing. I think if Buddy was impressed enough with Newton he would take him. After saying that I don't think he will take him. Not that he wouldn't, I just don't think he will.

I know that avid Newton fanboys do not like "the rule," which seems to be a good gauge...not 100% (breathe) but pretty damn accurate.

I think that there is a lot of red flags around Newton, and I feel that there will be more raised in the way he handles himself in the months leading up to the draft.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
            • Sep 2002

UGH!!! This is not the time to gamble.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

I think strong consideration will be given to Miller as well. FO could go in so many directions.

One thing that drives me nuts about Newton is his father, for a pastor he sure likes to get his nose dirty. They won't touch the guy with his father pulling the strings, guy is all about the money.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

He won the Junior College Championship the year before, then moves up to Auburn and wins the NCAA Championship. Not so sure about the "1 year wonder" tag. Maybin..he is not.

I'm on record as wanting a DL first in this draft... but even I can see the Bills considering him. 30 passing TD's, 20 rushing TD's, 1 receiving TD. That was a top 5 season in college history and he's twice the talent Tebow ever was. I've never seen a College QB who could throw better on the run in my life. His accuracy on those throws was 2nd to none. Freakish athletic size and results. Poise like few ever had.

I may not agree with it... but I could understand the attraction. It's a gamble they may be willing to take, since Gailey gets the most out of QB's and can really coach them up. If Gailey feels he's got something to work with, look out. Nix/Whaley will defer to him.

But then they'd really have to nail those middle round picks to improve the run D. We'll see. It's all just talk now.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                  He won the Junior College Championship the year before, then moves up to Auburn and wins the NCAA Championship. Not so sure about the "1 year wonder" tag. Maybin..he is not.
                  I'm on record as wanting a DL first in this draft... but even I can see the Bills considering him. 30 passing TD's, 20 rushing TD's, 1 receiving TD. That was a top 5 season in college history and he's twice the talent Tebow ever was. I've never seen a College QB who could throw better on the run in my life. His accuracy on those throws was 2nd to none. Freakish athletic size and results. Poise like few ever had.

I may not agree with it... but I could understand the attraction. It's a gamble they may be willing to take, since Gailey gets the most out of QB's and can really coach them up. If Gailey feels he's got something to work with, look out. Nix/Whaley will defer to him.

But then they'd really have to nail those middle round picks to improve the run D. We'll see. It's all just talk now.
                  I dont know why people don't get that. Just because its NJCAA doesnt mean it doesnt count.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

A certain TE from ND fell into the second, hmmm. Pats already have a ton of TEs, would be all over Rudolph in the 2nd.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i was very close to winning a championship in my adult rec league as well. Junior league championship with his talent is obviously going to happen.

talent needs to be mixed with work ethic. Work ethic is based on cheating at school, taking money in shady deals (whether known or unknown to cam). i think whatever buddy and nix decide on their 1-1's will be the deciding factor. he's got the talent, but you have to guage him as a human. and he knows from his agent and the handlerse how to answer typical questions on this.

I think it has bust written all over it if they take him, but if they do, i'll get on board like i always am forced to do.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        i was very close to winning a championship in my adult rec league as well. Junior league championship with his talent is obviously going to happen.

talent needs to be mixed with work ethic. Work ethic is based on cheating at school, taking money in shady deals (whether known or unknown to cam). i think whatever buddy and nix decide on their 1-1's will be the deciding factor. he's got the talent, but you have to guage him as a human. and he knows from his agent and the handlerse how to answer typical questions on this.

I think it has bust written all over it if they take him, but if they do, i'll get on board like i always am forced to do.
                        Junior College, not junior league, and the JUCO ranks are where players like Terrance Cody, Nick Fairley, and other dominant players all play. You're not being fair at all comparing it some adult rec league.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

A certain Superbowl MVP was a JUCO QB.

Comment

• Bangarang
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                            A certain Superbowl MVP was a JUCO QB.
                            Just saying but Newton has a better completion %, and is responsible for as many touchdowns in his 1 year at Auburn than Rodgers is for his 2 years at Cal. Newton also has a higher QB rating.

What's also interesting is that in his final year at Cal, Rodgers only had 316 pass attempts for 2566 yards passing (his previous year he only had 2903 yards passing), and only threw 24 td's.

Compare that to Newton's season at Aurburn where he had 280 pass attempts for 2854 yards and 30 passing td's. People like to say that Newton didn't throw the ball that much while at Auburn. When Rodgers only threw 36 more times in his final college season than Newton. And Rodgers wasn't as big of a running threat as Newton was.

Just saying.
                            Last edited by Bangarang; 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                              • Feb 2009

I have no problem with this, he is everything Chan wants in a qb. If he checks out mentaly then hell yes. Is he a big gamble, YES but I'm done playing it safe. If we want to finally win a superbowl we need to go balls to the wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X