PDA

View Full Version : Rumor I heard

billsfanryan
02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Last night my dad text'd me that he was listening to some sports show with a guy named Ferrell or Farell (not entirely sure) on his sirius radio. He said the guy was talking about how there are rumors out of Chicago that they are in danger of missing the playoffs and want to shake things up and that they have called buffalo about a possible Kane for Miller trade. The guy went on to say that Miller is pissed off at Ruff for pulling him from one of the Islander games and now wants out of Buffalo.

I haven't been able to find anything that supports this. It could just be this guys opinion. I just wanted to post this because it came from a raido show.

Has anyone else heard any whispers or anything about this?

hydro
02-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Probably just some shock jock stirring up something to talk about.

billsfanryan
02-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Probably just some shock jock stirring up something to talk about.

That is what I am thinking. I have been scouring the internet and talking with friends that are in Buffalo (i am in rochester) and they haven't heard anything either.

I just really wanted to see if anyone else happened to be listening to their sirius radio and caught this.

TMu11
02-10-2011, 11:18 AM
The Ferrall show is on evenings and early morning on howard 100, sirius XM. I wouldnt put too much thought into it, the guy is always talking trades that never happen

Tiburon1724
02-10-2011, 11:22 AM
If we still had Biron, I'd say absolutely. Miller is average, and we need someone who can score goals. Want to be a starter again Marty?

billsfanryan
02-10-2011, 11:29 AM
The Ferrall show is on evenings and early morning on howard 100, sirius XM. I wouldnt put too much thought into it, the guy is always talking trades that never happen

My friend said he thought this was the guy that did that but he wasn't sure. I've never listened to the guy so I don't know how credible he is. I will say this though, he got my dad all excited and he was calling me during his lunch break at work saying how awesome this trade would be.

clumping platelets
02-10-2011, 11:47 AM
No thanks..........I'll keep Miller

clumping platelets
02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Now if they throw in Duncan Keith, we can talk.

clumping platelets
02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Kane, Keith, pick for Miller, Sekera

trapezeus
02-10-2011, 11:49 AM
i haven't heard it. it might not be the worst deal in the world. get a young talented forward, send miller out.

The only reason i'd entertain it is that miller is in his prime right now. the sabres might be better off trying to get better defensemen and rotate between two mediocre goalies than rely on miller.

Michael82
02-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Miller won't go anywhere! If he's mad at Lindy, it would be Lindy himself that is gone, IMO.

clumping platelets
02-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Fisher was just traded to Nasville for 2011 #1 and cond 2012 :mad:

Why can't we do that????

OpIv37
02-10-2011, 12:13 PM
First, I don't think Miller is the kind of guy who would hold a grudge forever because he got benched for one game.

Second, if we did trade Miller for Kane, it would just be trading one set of problems for another. Miller may not live up to the "greatest goaltender in the world" title bestowed on him last year, but we have Lalime and Enroth backing him up. Think of how many teams out there- including some very good teams, like the Caps- have been struggling for years to get some consistent goaltending.

If we had Kane we might score 5 a game, but without Miller we'd probably give up 6 a game.

trapezeus
02-10-2011, 12:37 PM
if you get rid of miller, you have to make defense your focus. You can't have sereka's out there. he can't even be your seventh. you need big guys and maybe another one who can really move the puck.

OpIv37
02-10-2011, 12:47 PM
if you get rid of miller, you have to make defense your focus. You can't have sereka's out there. he can't even be your seventh. you need big guys and maybe another one who can really move the puck.

they should just make Sekera a fwd already. He seems far more interested in joining the rush and putting the puck on net then hanging back and playing the man on D.

SkateZilla
02-10-2011, 12:55 PM
erm, e42. - Rumor and nothing more.

I think miller is more or less fustrated that the team in front of him is hot n cold on a shift by shift play by play basis.

hydro
02-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Miller does seem irritated about not getting days off though. Doubt it gets to the point of him wanting out though...

THATHURMANATOR
02-10-2011, 01:05 PM
First, I don't think Miller is the kind of guy who would hold a grudge forever because he got benched for one game.

Second, if we did trade Miller for Kane, it would just be trading one set of problems for another. Miller may not live up to the "greatest goaltender in the world" title bestowed on him last year, but we have Lalime and Enroth backing him up. Think of how many teams out there- including some very good teams, like the Caps- have been struggling for years to get some consistent goaltending.

If we had Kane we might score 5 a game, but without Miller we'd probably give up 6 a game.
I have heard from people who worked for the team that Miller is a huge douche.

I would love getting Kane but you are right. Who the hell will play goalie????

Demon
02-10-2011, 01:07 PM

Why can't we do that????

Because that would have been stupid of us to do....

Dr. Lecter
02-10-2011, 01:12 PM

Why can't we do that????
Why would the Sabres overpay for a guy like Fisher????

trapezeus
02-10-2011, 01:21 PM
they should just make Sekera a fwd already. He seems far more interested in joining the rush and putting the puck on net then hanging back and playing the man on D.

you got on ennis for being afinogenov like, but at least he's a forward and he's supposed to make something happen. Watching sekera jump up is worse than watching afinogenov because he'll definitely lose control of the puck, he'll definitely go in way too deep, take a shot wide and send the break the other way.

PTI
02-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Kane, Keith, pick for Miller, Sekera

I would do that, if they threw in Corey Crawford and maybe Sabres gave Gerbe back too.

rbochan
02-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Getzlaf and a 1st round for Miller.

Get it done Darcy!

Philagape
02-10-2011, 01:50 PM

Why can't we do that????

Because Carrie Underwood doesn't live near here.

clumping platelets
02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
:doh: