PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay 3.0 Mock Draft

Bangarang
02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
3. Buffalo Bills

Von Miller, OLB, Texas AM

The Bills have no shortage of needs. Left tackle is a priority, but the 2011 class doesn't offer a surefire top-five pick. The team is also likely to draft a quarterback, but it should do so on Day 2, when a legitimate backup to Ryan Fitzpatrick (and potential future starter) can be found. The Bills also need help along the defensive front, and Miller makes sense because he's a versatile playmaker. Miller can play sideline to sideline versus the run, and he's at his best when turned loose off the edge as a pass-rusher.

Discuss.

Also, interestingly enough, he has Bowers going #1 and Fairley going #2.

THATHURMANATOR
02-10-2011, 12:53 PM
It tells me Mcshay is not really in tune with the Bill's needs. Sure an upgrade at LT would help but WELL down the list.

justasportsfan
02-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Is he a franchise lber? If not I doubt he's our guy.

Beebe's Kid
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
It would be cool if the "experts," that tell us what our needs are, watched the team.

Bell may not have been a All-Pro, but we could have done a lot worse.

I'm surprised he didn't say we should replace Edwards.

Luisito23
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Von Miller @ 3 is a joke!

trapezeus
02-10-2011, 01:18 PM
is mcshay the guy that just tries to influence the draft boards so that his chosen few go higher than they were supposed to and then he collects a check? I forget which guy is notorious for this.

Luisito23
02-10-2011, 01:21 PM
It was Kiper...but I'm sure he's not alone.

cgbm
02-10-2011, 01:30 PM
hmmm. interesting.

von miller is awesome for sure. and i think a player like that on our defence would be a huge pluss. the guy in a LB position that can kill it on the edge would be sick.

as for the day two draft of a qb that has a future as our starter/franchise?
who the hell is that guy in this draft.

i think mcshay is tottaly wrong here.

i could deff see bowers going one but i think the panthers may address the QB

better days
02-10-2011, 01:31 PM
It was Kiper...but I'm sure he's not alone.

Yeah, it was Kiper, not that he had any influence at all.

His boy Jimmy Clausen whom he projected to go in the top 10 was not drafted until the middle of the 2nd rnd. Kiper also said Tebow would be drafted in the 3rd rnd at the earliest & he was picked in the 1st, way ahead of Clausen.

Mr. Miyagi
02-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Who did McShay have going 1 and 2?

If we have a trade down partner I bet we can still get Von Miller at 8-12.

Commissioner
02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
It tells me Mcshay is not really in tune with the Bill's needs. Sure an upgrade at LT would help but WELL down the list.

Mike Mayock has us taking Von Miller at #3 also.

EricStratton
02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Who was the last LB to go in the top 3?

Bangarang
02-10-2011, 01:46 PM

Bowers was #1 and Fairley was #2.

Mr. Miyagi
02-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't know. It'd be hard to argue against taking Dareus at 3.

ddaryl
02-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Von Miller @ 3 is a joke!

I'm not so sure about that. Best pass rusher in the draft. If he kills the combine he will be a top pick for sure.

better days
02-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Best pass rusher in the draft. If he kills the combine he will be a top pick for sure.

I know Mayock loves him & I trust his judgement over most others.

Rhettoric
02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Who was the last LB to go in the top 3?

LaVar Arrington 2nd overall in 2000

Don't Panic
02-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I know Mayock loves him & I trust his judgement over most others.

I love him too, but not at #3. I agree he'd be fantastic at the 8-12 range. is he better than McClain was coming out?

better days
02-10-2011, 03:16 PM
I love him too, but not at #3. I agree he'd be fantastic at the 8-12 range. is he better than McClain was coming out?

I would love it if the Bills could trade down to the 8-10 range & get an extra pick or two.

ParanoidAndroid
02-10-2011, 03:39 PM
They probably saw the interview with Nix when he pretty much stated LB as the team's biggest need.
Merriman is still a question mark, Moats is improving but is not really an every down LB, and our ILB's need upgrading. There are 2 LB's that rate in the top 10 and they are Miller and Quinn. Miller might be the safer pick.

DraftBoy
02-10-2011, 03:48 PM

Completely different player.

I dont like him at all but he's going to go much higher than I would take him.

Mr. Pink
02-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Mike Mayock has us taking Von Miller at #3 also.

Then that is who we are likely taking. And we yet again waste another first round pick. How exciting.

Mad Max
02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Then that is who we are likely taking. And we yet again waste another first round pick. How exciting.

I'd take Peterson (who plays a position that I'm dead set against drafting with our first pick) at #3 over Von Miller.

Here's a comment that was written about him:

"When watching some film on Miller the first thing I noticed is that he relies too much on his speed rush. He is going to need to find different pass rushing techniques if he wants to be successful in the NFL." nflmocks.com

Sound familiar?

Buffalo Thriller
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Von Miller, Paul Posluzny, Arthur Moats, and Shawne Merriman.
I like the sound of that.

Thief
02-10-2011, 05:24 PM
I'd take Peterson (who plays a position that I'm dead set against drafting with our first pick) at #3 over Von Miller.

Here's a comment that was written about him:

"When watching some film on Miller the first thing I noticed is that he relies too much on his speed rush. He is going to need to find different pass rushing techniques if he wants to be successful in the NFL." nflmocks.com

Sound familiar?OK, but I hope that single quote didn't completely create your opinion.

Mad Max
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
OK, but I hope that single quote didn't completely create your opinion.

Of course it didn't.

I've seen him play, and have obviously seen his frame. The eye test has him looking like Maybin, maybe even worse since Maybin is more chiseled.

That quote was just a mirror of my own opinion.

He may turn out to be legit, time will tell. I just feel we need to make more of a sure thing pick at #3. No more flyers.

Commissioner
02-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Look out for Danny Batten being a surprise at ILB... has got all the tools... big and fast and tough. Just needs to get in and learn the spot.

better days
02-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Of course it didn't.

I've seen him play, and have obviously seen his frame. The eye test has him looking like Maybin, maybe even worse since Maybin is more chiseled.

He may turn out to be legit, time will tell. I just feel we need to make more of a sure thing pick at #3. No more flyers.

Well, that is exactly what Chan & Buddy have said. They have said they need to be right about that pick.

Mad Max
02-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Well, that is exactly what Chan & Buddy have said. They have said they need to be right about that pick.

good

tampabay25690
02-10-2011, 08:23 PM
If the Bills draft Von Miller #3 I think we will be very happy.......

Ed
02-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Of course it didn't.

I think trying to get a sure thing at #3 is key. We really can't afford to blow this pick, which is why I think Peterson makes sense. He's the closest thing in this draft to a sure thing.

The only player I'd be willing to take a gamble on is Cam Newton and that's only assuming that Nix and Gailey feel they can really get the most out of him.

feldspar
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I like Von Miller. I like his attitude a whole bunch.

ServoBillieves
02-11-2011, 02:31 AM

Aaron Maybin?

Lone Stranger
02-11-2011, 04:10 AM
McShay has little credibility but I am really surprised at Mayock.

DraftBoy
02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
That's three OLB's.

tomz
02-11-2011, 09:08 AM
That's three OLB's.

And there's the rub. Nix/Gailey were talking ILBs.

By the way, wasn't Curry a very high LB pick with Seattle a couple years back?

better days
02-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Look out for Danny Batten being a surprise at ILB... has got all the tools... big and fast and tough. Just needs to get in and learn the spot.

Batton & Easley could be considered like two extra draft picks if they both show something this year.

DraftBoy
02-11-2011, 09:15 AM
And there's the rub. Nix/Gailey were talking ILBs.

By the way, wasn't Curry a very high LB pick with Seattle a couple years back?

He was 4th or 5th I believe.