PDA

View Full Version : Mayock updates his top-5 by pos.

k-oneputt
02-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Updated Thur. 2/10.

some highlights:
Has Dareus as his top dt ahead of Fairley now.
Qbs Gabbert then Locker, Newton, Mallett, Dalton
Top ot is Castanzo
Top ilb- Martez Wilson
Top olb - Miller

WeAreArthurMoates
02-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Now way is Locker the 2nd best qb, I'd rather take the 3 guys behind him and Ponder.

X-Era
02-11-2011, 05:55 AM
Now way is Locker the 2nd best qb, I'd rather take the 3 guys behind him and Ponder.This isn't that uncommon of a thought.

Locker possesses all the physical tools, and good leadership but I question his decision making and accuracy.

I think the notion is that any QB drafted will need to be developed and groomed and that Locker has a better chance to develop.

Personally I don't agree and think we only need to look at how he leveled off in his development after the end of his junior year. in 09, we felt he had all the tools but was raw meaning he made too many poor decisions. This year he did not get any better in that regard.

I think he's the 3rd or 4th best QB behind Newton and possibly Mallett who may see his stock drop due to character questions.

ddaryl
02-11-2011, 07:23 AM
I have no interest in Locker after his turd of a senior season.

TigerJ
02-11-2011, 05:43 PM
As I understand it, Locker has not had a great deal of continuity in therms of coaching. I would never advocate the Bills taking him at #3 overall, but as a second rounder, I think he has some upside because it may be that with some solid coaching he can fix some of the decision making and accuracy issues. I wouldn't be devastated if he was our developmental QB.

Mski
02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
i still like mallet the most, and dont think "character issues" should stop the team from taking him, the last good QB we had beat his wife and drank endlessly

Don't Panic
02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
As I understand it, Locker has not had a great deal of continuity in therms of coaching. I would never advocate the Bills taking him at #3 overall, but as a second rounder, I think he has some upside because it may be that with some solid coaching he can fix some of the decision making and accuracy issues. I wouldn't be devastated if he was our developmental QB.

Me either... I'd actually love the idea... and if Dareus is now considered better than Fairley by Mayock, then we are in a can't lose IMO. Bowers, Fairley or Dareus would all be a huge help to this D Line and shore up our biggest weakness. Now we know one of them will be ours and that they're all worth it (yes, I have that much faith in Mayock).

Locker may fall right in our lap at #34. Wow... if we can get our long-term solution at QB and a stud DL out of our first two picks, it will be phenomenal. We'll be a RT and an ILB from being somewhat competitive as soon as week one.

YardRat
02-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Updated Thur. 2/10.

some highlights:
Has Dareus as his top dt ahead of Fairley now.
Qbs Gabbert then Locker, Newton, Mallett, Dalton
Top ot is Castanzo
Top ilb- Martez Wilson
Top olb - Miller

Fairley and Dareus are the only ones worth the number three pick.
Maybe Miller, but it would be a Whitner-type reach.
Castanzo or Wilson if we trade down.
None of the QB's...let's wait until the second round to see who's dumb enough to grab one too early, and use our second pick if one of them is left on the board (which they will be).

Akhippo
02-11-2011, 08:24 PM
After watching the college challenge thing on tv with mallet/locker/dalton, and watching Locker embarrassing himself; no thank you until the third.

jpdex12
02-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm no professional scout but some of these draft nix are absolute douchers! Idiots without a clue!

We don't have to pick the top QB this year that in other years when the QB talent is better the top guy this year would rate 5th or worse and likewise with OT. There isn't a QB or OT worth the #3 pick in this year's draft and some of you guys want to pick the best of either? Come on man!

If this team picks Newton at 3 I'm gonna snap!

tampabay25690
02-11-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm no professional scout but some of these draft nix are absolute douchers! Idiots without a clue!

We don't have to pick the top QB this year that in other years when the QB talent is better the top guy this year would rate 5th or worse and likewise with OT. There isn't a QB or OT worth the #3 pick in this year's draft and some of you guys want to pick the best of either? Come on man!

You might want to get some xanax now then buddy......
It may happen....
Cam could go #1 we don't know yet...

LT I agree there isn't a guy worth the top 15 IMO.....

NOT THE DUDE...
02-11-2011, 10:16 PM
dareus would be such a great pick!

Beebe's Kid
02-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Fairley and Dareus are the only ones worth the number three pick.
Maybe Miller, but it would be a Whitner-type reach.
Castanzo or Wilson if we trade down.
None of the QB's...let's wait until the second round to see who's dumb enough to grab one too early, and use our second pick if one of them is left on the board (which they will be).

What's the over/under on Miller v Moran?

The more I think about what Peterson could be, the more I like the idea of the pick.

In the end, no matter who it is, I'll be excited to see them, and probably grab a jersey...one of the new fancy jerseys too!

better days
02-11-2011, 10:24 PM

He has had the same coaching the past 2 years. The Washington HC Steve Sarkisian is supposed to be an offensive/QB guru as well.

SABURZFAN
02-12-2011, 10:18 AM

:movie: